Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees (69169 Views)

20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / Top 10 Highest First Choice Chosen Institutions In 2018 UTME Examination / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by FakoMaybach1: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
In my first year i was told that the only first class candidate of my department died and that was in 1984.

Now as i no wan die na i just managed my 2nd class waka commot, to God be the glory.
True talk a conducive environment would have brought out the best in me, but hey when life gives u lemons right?

I will never argue with any C.U graduate, your parents loved you enough to do right by you, same goes to UK graduates. We wey go public school should suck it up, Jesus did not love us like C.U students, cus if he did we for no suffer all we suffer. The cultism, strikes, sadist lecturers, sorting or failure, hand out or no score, etc etc.

I will never send my child to a public university, dem no dey take suffering make mouth abe

1 Like

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by monex(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
Statsocial:

When you are making comparisons between Covenant and OAU let's put in remembrance that the classification of degree should actually represent the knowledge base of each students. what is the point of comparing an OAU's 2:1 with that of CU when most likely the 2:1 from OAU may not know how to handle or operate a particular facility which a 3rd class from CU might be able to do.

So the most important thing is not the comparative value of these degrees but the knowledge value each student has.

Admittedly, there are 2:1 students from public universities who would make First class in CU because of the conducive environment and smaller class size but that is an issue we should take up with the Government. But the problem here is that ppl are saying the private universities are the problem for graduating 'many' first class graduates but the truth is the public universities are the ones that should step up and award people their rightful degree class.

the bolded was what i meant by the assumption in my last paragraph.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by monex(m): 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
SirMazi:

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. " - Alvin Toffler......shaking my head for your life

make a point and stop resorting to insults. It is juvenile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by localmovers500(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
sadists as lecturers all over naija uni
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
If its not making money its not making sense

https://freebitco.in/?r=5983007
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Enough of the lecturers bashing already.
It is unfair to compare mango and coconut...
Which is better, mango or coconut?
The word 'better' doesn't arise, the word 'different' is more appropriate.

Neither should you compare private and public universities in Nigeria.
Stated raw, Nigerian public universities have a long way to go.
Nigerian private universities have a much longer way to go, that's if they have actually begun the journey.
I have worked in both types of institution in Nigeria.

And yes I also hold an MSc degree from University College London.
So, I can categorically tell you that what obtains in the UK if it qualifies as education
makes what obtains in Nigeria something else.

UK education focuses on competence and capacity building in the age of information
And not so much on the bestial and inhuman demonstration of rote learning and cramming skills.
It leverages maximally on technology, and it trains the students to handle those.

Nigeria, on the other hand, is a zoo.
We have too little jobs and so many applicants.
So we need worthless and meaningless paper certificates to stand out from the pack
Even when we can back such up with little or know abilities.

Our lecturers were also majorly trained in a zoo.
They believe they are gods.
They have no freaking clue why they are lecturers
Apart from having nothing else to do and no where to go.
They stand in front of the class and have no freaking clue what their notes say
When they do, the students could care less.
Why?
Because no matter how much a student studies and passes,
jobs and prosperity and success belong to the few hooligans that are well connected.

UK students know there's a glowing future if they finish with good grades
Nigerian students could care less because that future is owned by the touts
The Nigerian lecturers are caught in the middle,
training subjects they have no clue about
training students that are only marking time.

Nigerian students can make first class degrees, if they are well motivated
But would such not be a waste within the Nigerian context?

Who then is to blame?
The Nigerian lecturers, or the Nigerian students?

Nigeria is different from the UK.
If you're in the UK, study hard and finish with a good grade, there's a certain future for you.
If you're in Nigeria, hussle hard and get connected, and you might just even your odds.
Here I conclude the case of mango and coconut.
Neither is worse, neither is better.
They are simply different.

1 Like

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
Statsocial:

The answer is YES! I really wish I can find a document that reflects the jamb score of most CU fresh men. ppl make the mistake of comparing CU to the likes of Baze university or Chrisland. CU has an admittance rate of 60% and admits the best of the Elite class and Middle class. Those folks schooling in places like Ambassadors college, Corona college, Doregos, Loyola Jesuit e.t.c Admittedly CU is almost closed to talent from the poor class bit we are trying to attract them with targeted scholarships which Criteria is being poor and having a minimum of 5As in one sitting of Olevels.

As regards UK universities. believe me if you have your cash and academically average you can school in any UK school you desire to. Most people flocking to UK are not necessarily talented. The talent hunt for most prestigious universities start at postgraduate level where the quality of students admitted could invariably determine the quality of research and then the ranking of the university. Hence most scholarships are usually targeted for postgraduate education.
My assertion was not restricted to covenant university. Covenant is a good school but do not attract the best in Nigeria, attending ambassadors, Jesuit etc doesn't in anyway mean been the "best". Moreover graduands of those schools you mentioned rarely attends Nigerian universities.And portraying CU as an elitist school was unnecessary because its not, an average senior lecturer in Nigeria and a trader doing well in business can afford it.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by AK481(m): 12:02am On Jul 28, 2017
Let's see university in America's statistics.

U.K. Is another brand to discuss,if they are so good why don't a U.K. Graduate practice their like America?

They ship them the next day after convocation.

American university stats please!

1 Like

Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by emi14: 12:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Statsocial:
So now I see why it seems most Nigerians seem to grad with First class from UK universities.

All I would say is if you graduated with any kind of second class just go for a masters because 2.2 would become the new 3rd class and 2.1 become the new 2.2

The labour market is already getting filled with many UK graduates. And Covenant university just emboldened other private universities not to hold their students back from 1st Class by producing about 10% First class degrees. Many public universities like Unilag and UI are already seeing that they put their Alumni at a unique disadvantage in the labour market by intentionally downgrading them academically. So the public university system would become more liberal as the years go bye.
Lalasticlala
What a country. Better disintegrate Nigeria. This union is not working anymore.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by SirMazi: 6:46am On Jul 28, 2017
monex:

make a point and stop resorting to insults. It is juvenile
Learn from that quote above
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by monex(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
SirMazi:

Learn from that quote above
Learn from my previous post
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by monex(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by npn001(f): 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
YOU ARE WELCOME!

Bitcoinfxclub like Trade Coin club is the next generation cryptocurrency trading and investment platform to increase your wealth. This new platform will offer automated crypto currency trading solutions and ICO’s for individuals and business. This New Done For You Crypto Currency
Trading Platform Is Live now.

You too can subscribe now @ www.bitcoinfxclub.net

This forum is exclusively opened by me for information and discussion about this new profitable platform. Irrelevant posts are not welcome here. Trespassers shall be kicked out with immediate effect. You can as well invite people to this forum via the link below.

https:///DiP66VzF9gf61I1QAiN4FG

Let the business begin.
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by Nigeriadondie: 12:23am On Aug 07, 2017
Rhaspody:
This thing really touched you. Nice write up
YThanks for appreciating my write up. I wrote with feelings cos I am fully sure of what I wrote which is from my personal experience.
I have seen both sides of d divide. Nigeria is dead
Re: UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees by privatetisa(m): 3:25am On Dec 31, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer / OAU Female Student In Batman Outfit (Photo) / Meet Stephanie Idolor That Interviewed Success, The Sapele Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.