Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) (5468 Views)

Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by gbubs: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2010
Hi All,

Am planning to relocate to Ghana though am a Nigerian.
Does anyone have idea on the cost of living and everything.
I mean, what are the things I need to know and have before moving to Ghana.
Any help will be sincerely appreciated.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 08, 2010
I love to have this kind of information too.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by niceguy10: 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
Why Ghana for God sake? Nigeria is better off, work  hard  and belive in yourself that things will be Good.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by gbubs: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2010
nice-guy10:

Why Ghana for God sake? Nigeria is better off, work  hard  and belive in yourself that things will be Good.

People relocate for different reasons. Am not trying to relocate due to economic, financial or such reasons, am just sick of this atmosphere, I will very much like to start life over in another West African country and Ghana seem to be better than the rest. I just need to get out of here, FAST!
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
I had recently had such feelings as yours gbubs, but i saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up on out dear great Nation. All hope is not lost. But i don't mind going to Ghana on hols.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by octus2008(m): 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
hit me up witth any thing u want to know about ghana i could help u out with lots of surveys if ur interested
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by suxes2005(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2010
I also need to av som info about Ghana
Is dia any1 who can invite me to spend just 4-6 days
dia?

Realy need to visit Ghana ASAP

SHALOM
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by yemigeorge: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
i operate tours around africa & to Ghana,with 10 years experience. so ask me anything you need to know about holiday,tour, visit etc. i will give u the best of package.
contact: call 08023078698 or +233 541231543 or mail[b] breakthroughwl@yahoo.com [/b]
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by suxes2005(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2010
yemigeorge

pls we dont need you here
we need matured and straightforward
pple and not scammers like you

SHALOM
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by tkb417(m): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2010
people are running to Ghana again
wahala grin
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^^Wahala dey oh oh oooo. Lmao!
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by suxes2005(m): 9:11am On Feb 10, 2010
na so ooo bros

Every1 wan comot 4 9ja even me
but not to go and live in ghana ooo

SHALOM
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 10, 2010
Me i just want to visit as a tourist .
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by suxes2005(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2010
me tooo
make i go see my
african bros and sis

SHALOM
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
Me d find country to HUSTLE. Plain Truth!
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2010
Guy, na suffer you wan go suffer o. Why you no hustle here and pray make God open your way. Nothing is impossible you know? All you need to do is find a course and stay glued to it.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2010
D suffer wil only take a while. I'm even hustling in 9ja bt noting seems to be working out. Anyway, all hope is nt lost BUT when? Hustling abroad is better even in. . . . . . . .let me nt mention there.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by suxes2005(m): 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2010
it depends on d country u go and
also d type of person you are.

Anyways, as for me, schenghen usa or canada is
fine to go study and work,

SHALOM
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by niceguy10: 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
Just becuse Ghana  is now using $$$ everybody want to go there, As a matter of fact, Ghana is the last country that i can never travel to.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Lordwolfs: 5:28pm On May 07, 2013
@nice guy u are very wrong ghana is not using dollars na cedis 1equal 84 naira or sumthing. And moreover ghana is a great country to start with.,very kind people, very safe enviroment
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Lordwolfs: 5:34pm On May 07, 2013
we have proper light 24/7 everyday except power off sometimes but not frequently off, we have a serene enviroment here my type but foods, good accomodation are very expensive here.
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Lordwolfs: 5:45pm On May 07, 2013
foreigners here are i.e british, americans etc are very free to move around here and save unlike nigeria. Time is also different from nigeria i think 1 hour ahead and also morning start earlier around 6am its already light like 7.30am Nigeria time and by 6pm it pinch dark already. All in all i would say its a perfect country for me to reside and wasnt surprise how people told me i have grow very fat just here few months... I guess the banku helps :Dforeigners here are i.e british, americans etc are very free to move around here and save unlike nigeria. Time is also different from nigeria i think 1 hour ahead and also morning start earlier around 6am its already light like 7.30am Nigeria time and by 6pm it pinch dark already. All in all i would say its a perfect country for me to reside and wasnt surprise how people told me i have grow very fat just here few months... I guess the banku hel
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Nobody: 10:13am On May 08, 2013
Lordwolfs: foreigners here are i.e british, americans etc are very free to move around here and save unlike nigeria. Time is also different from nigeria i think 1 hour ahead and also morning start earlier around 6am its already light like 7.30am Nigeria time and by 6pm it pinch dark already. All in all i would say its a perfect country for me to reside and wasnt surprise how people told me i have grow very fat just here few months... I guess the banku helps :Dforeigners here are i.e british, americans etc are very free to move around here and save unlike nigeria. Time is also different from nigeria i think 1 hour ahead and also morning start earlier around 6am its already light like 7.30am Nigeria time and by 6pm it pinch dark already. All in all i would say its a perfect country for me to reside and wasnt surprise how people told me i have grow very fat just here few months... I guess the banku hel

Banks is very bitter, how can you even swallow that with the tilapia stew undecided

My guess is you reside in Accra?

Anyway, Ghana is a lovely place same as Naija, depending on where you reside..

Love then fufu and palm nut soup
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by Ccstanley: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
I want to relocate to Ghana preside resid... Accra. I need help on were to stay before i get an appartment. If God touches you to help i will so much appreciate. God bless you. You can call me on +2348179928619
Re: Relocating To Ghana (need To Know) by ksat: 12:38am On Oct 29, 2016
Cost of living may be a little above average, depending on what your disposable income is.
A good accommodation in a cool area ranges between 200 - 400 cedis (single room ensuite). Areas like Ashaley Botwe, East Legon, Adjiringanor, Madina Estate, Haatso, Adenta etc.
Transportation - a day's round trip thru the city of Accra for a distance between 5km - 30km should cost u btwn GHS 3 - 12 (using Trotro - public mini buses). Taxis r expensive. Same distance can cost you btwn GHS 15 - 80 (thus if u negotiate well).
Less expensive if you cook. Buy food stuff on market days for cheap and store up. Eating out is expensive. Plate of rice at an OK eatery can cost btwn 20 - 35 a plate. high end restaurants cost more. Maybe X2.
Local food vendor joints cost less. GHS 7 and you will be fine.
Internet is quiet fast and cheap. Electricity supply is constant but costly.
Road networks r well interlinked and tarred (asphalt for most part of the city)
Traffic is choked in the morning rush hour btwn 6:30am and 8:30am and also in the evening btwn 5:30pm - 9pm.
Most streets r well lit up.
Entertainment is not lacking at all... And I reiterate, at all in Accra and Kumasi. Accra comes alive at Night.
Safety is prime here. U can go for jogging with a white lady at 1am and you'll be fine.
The people are mostly friendly but suspicious when doing high end transactions with a Nigerian (especially one that gives them reason to). Besides that Nigerians are doing good business and earning great here.
If you're a fun of BIG ASS (NYASH as u call it in Nigeria) then YOU'RE WELCOME to the land of wobbling bubbling busting clapping smashing BUTT CHEEKS.

Hope info was helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Road Trip From Alberta To Manitoba / Namibian Visa / I Am Planning On Moving To Lagos Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.