Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828730 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
mcobex:
You have spoken well @guzenaira, we have better things to discuss and info to pass on than this where is home and where isn't home. We all have our personal reasons for wanting to travel to Canada and since it's personal let's leave it at that. NB: ABEG MAKE WE KNOW USE THE WHOLE 500 PAGES OF THIS THREAD DISCUSS WHERE IS HOME AND WHERE ISN'T HOME.
grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
sunvick:
Hello Mr,

I like your perspective, but I will like to know;

1 Can you share with the house what you have been able to do in your area in Nigeria since you got back from the US to improve or advance humanity.
2. What change, idea, or new shift in our society have you initiated or advocated for?

Excellent question!! Please let me respond to you when I get home in a couple of hours.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
marvel4love:
Hello good people of NL, please has anyone being able to submit at VFS office either Abuja or Lagos without submitting your passport. I don't want to go online route cos I have quite a number of paper documents to submit but I don't want to submit my passport cos I will be needing it and it's kind of urgent and important I have it with me. Thanks
Yes, you can submit your application through paper route excluding your passport all you need to do is to make photocopy of all the pages of your original passport including the front and back page.
However, when you get to VAC at the submission stand tell whoever attend to u that u won't be submitting your original passport, a form will be given to you to fill and state the reason why you won't be submitting your passport. That is what I did and it work well.
Pls do the photocopy of all the pages before you go in order to avoid exorbitant price that would be meted upon you cus those hustler outside VAC are not smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by marvel4love: 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
bayocanny:

Yes, you can submit your application through paper route excluding your passport all you need to do is to make photocopy of all the pages of your original passport including the front and back page.
However, when you get to VAC at the submission stand tell whoever attend to u that u won't be submitting your original passport, a form will be given to you to fill and state the reason why you won't be submitting your passport. That is what I did and it work well.
Pls do the photocopy of all the pages before you go in order to avoid exorbitant price that would be meted upon you cus those hustler outside VAC are not smiling.
Oh! Thank you. Please which of the VACs did you submit your application? Lagos or Abuja? And when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
marvel4love:

Oh! Thank you. Please which of the VACs did you submit your application? Lagos or Abuja? And when did you submit your application?
Lagos, january 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
LightandDarkness:

I mean going by that logic some people pray and don't get approved, some people don't pray and get approved. Everyone should focus on submitting the best application they can and be realistic.
see your comment....hmmm that's y you are lightanddarkness. grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
This why this Canada thread moves faster like speed of light than every other thread on Nairaland, irrelevant topics that derail the pages and constant repeated questions. Nawa oo!!! you log-in everyday to virtually see same question everyday in different pages, garbage arguments and at the end nothing insightful to assimilate thus skimming through the pages.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
GermanDreamer:
This why this Canada thread moves faster like speed of light than every other thread on Nairaland, irrelevant topics that derail the pages and constant repeated questions. Nawa oo!!! you log-in everyday to virtually see same question everyday in different pages, garbage arguments and at the end nothing insightful to assimilate thus skimming through the pages.

Ehhhh! Awon Anger Brokers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
guzenaira:
To whom it may concern

On behalf of my fellow silent readers who don't have anything to say but read and learn.

Pls let's continue with the topic of this thread and forget HOME matter.

There was a time the room was tensed now it's getting cool but notwithstanding, we enjoy the thread and whoever wants to talk about Home or Home tie should visit the appropriate thread or better still anybody or even Justwise can share the link so that whoever wish can join such forum.

Thank u!!

It's good to cool off steam once in a while by talking about other things. Talking about a little practical application of the policy and strategy we have been learning here, is appropriate. Where the rubber meets the road so to speak. I don't think we were off tangent to require a separate thread for our discussions. This is a day's debate, not weeks on. Policy talks I am sure will kick in soon as should be.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

I think coming back or not after studies is all based on individual perception and goals.
If you feel coming back is going help you achieve your goal, then by all means come back.

If you feel staying over will help you achieve your goals, stay. But, if you are staying back, please do so legally.

It aint really about "no place like home", it is all about how comfortable you are at "home" be it Nigeria or anywhere else.

Personally, (for now)Nigeria is not where I want to be right now not because of the terrain and uncertainty (well some of the reasons), but because my goals will be better achieved outside Nigeria at the moment. So, coming back when I finish aint an option.

I lived in China for 3 years and I felt what racism is all about but then I came out top 2 in my class and got lots of recognitions and commendations (all thanks to God)but came out top 3 during my undergraduate days in Naija and all the lecturers told was "una get luck". So, I would say, if you really want to make it, racism, tribalism, nepotism and the like aint gonna stop you except you let them.

Finally, the fact that I am not in Nigeria does not mean I have not been contrubuting my own bits too to Nigeria's growth(even though na small small, but i dey try).
But like @justwise said, "settle where you hit your jackpot, that is your home".

My opinion...
It will end in praises...

Mazi 1 of Canada has said it all. Thumbs up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
bayocanny:

Please what reason can one state on the form ?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
bayocanny:

Lagos, january 2017

What reason did you give them .. what reasonable reason can I give .. I need it also to apply for USA and I have loads of documents to submit over 40pages
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thank you, your input opens my eyes. she is my wife, just planning all means to relocate canada. I will work on this

maygreaves:

Check Lambton and Niagara....the only schools i know that allow that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thank you for your contribution, I will work on this. she is my wife am looking for all means to relocate her to Canada

princeadedayo:

Look at Fanshawe college, send a mail to them and confirm that. I think they do on exceptional cases
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Good, am gratefull for your concern. I will work on this ASAP and incase of more counsel, i will revert to you. she is my wife. I want to use her passion teaching and mentoring children and her experience to relocate her to canada. Gbosa bros

mamacajah:

I was waiting for the seniors in the house to answer this question. Based on the answers given, I can say my bit. From my point of view, she can either do the Early childhood education (ECE) 2 years diploma or if she is insistent on Montessori, apply to the Montessori training schools in Canada. The diploma is an undegraduate diploma and fortunately, anyone can do it despite any prior degree as long s you can demonstrate that you have a passion for teaching. From what I have been told and research, North Americaa is always on the look out for teachers, so teachers will always be in demand.

There are mainly two bodies that do montessori in Canada. If I remember correctly, AMI - Association of Montessori International ( training locations -Toronto and Vancouver) and MACTE. see links below.

http://www.montessorisocietycanada.org/teacher_training.html
http://www.macte.org/accredited-programs/canada/

Now I would give a word of caution here. If her main aim of going to canada is for schooling only, then she can do the montessori training program as well in UK for a year and come back or even in surulere, Lagos with their partners training school here. However, if the final aim is relocation as well, then she should go for the ECE.

Now why I say this is because I am not sure the Montessori schools are amongst the private schools which can give post study work visa. Also Montessori is a subset of the ECE program, so it will be still be taught there and finally, checking the average salary wages of Montessori teacher versus ECE teachers, ECEs earn higher pay. Most of the states have ECE centers and not Montessori. So let her do her research, Google is her friend.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin1: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Long post alert.

Hello House and Gurus of the house.I really hail you guys. I have been a silent reader since I wanted to apply back in may but now that I have reached a pot hole I have to speak up and forget my silent swag. Abeg make una help me o. I just got a procedure fairness letter from Cic which is below. Now the twist of all this is I indicated that I was refused visa before and I stated that I was refused a uk visa back in 2013 which has been my most recent denial and the reason why I did not state that of the US. Now I have realized that I should have stated both . I have been given 15 days to write back to them why i did not include USA. Honestly this was a silly oversight. How do I go about it ? Should I reply with the email or should I send a hard copy via courier. Thank you Guys.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

The zeal to travel to Canada or out of Nigeria is always high especially when one has never gone before.

But once they step their foot out there, see and do all you always dreamed off...the urge to come back home immediately arises!

So leave all these people that claim they will never come back, Life will definitely happen and they will be among the first running back to Nigeria.

No matter how useless our leaders and APC have decided to become! There is no place like home! I wont lie to anyone!

Every Nigerian abroad prays for the day the country can get a bit better so that they can come back! If anyone doubts me, confirm when you reach Canada! wink

You should only say for yourself my dear. Home is wherever you make it to be and it mustn't be your place or country of birth. Everybody has a choice to choose where he/she will call home.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
I will use this information for a guide am grateful, she is my wife and i want to relocate her to canada

bbclue:

Canadian educational institutions do not accept Third Class undergraduates, directly into their Master’s program. So, you will have to consider first going for a post-graduate diploma (PGD) or post-degree certificate/diploma or an advanced certificate in Canada. Then, if you have good grades in the post-degree diploma/certificate program (usually a minimum of B average), you should be able to secure an admission into a masters program afterwards.
Another alternative will be for you to use your Third Class degree to pursue an undergraduate degree in Canada, whereby some courses will be waived for you, so you only get to spend 2-3 years to obtain an undergraduate degree in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thanks sir, am grateful. she is my wife i want to relocate to canada

DereI:

Most schools in Canada DO NOT accept 3rd class and HND as admission requirement.

You would have to apply as an undergraduate and start all over again.

Wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
sunvick:
Hello Mr,

I like your perspective, but I will like to know;

1 Can you share with the house what you have been able to do in your area in Nigeria since you got back from the US to improve or advance humanity.
2. What change, idea, or new shift in our society have you initiated or advocated for?

I had a friend who lost both legs to polio. My aunt died during child birth of complication because the nearest hospital was far from the village she lived, therefore she bled to death. On my return to Nigeria after two decades of sojourney in the United States, seeing beggars on the streets that are cripples, lepers, hunchbacks, others left incapacitated from preventable ilnneses, were some of my first sites on return. It indicated to me that Nigeria's healthcare continues to be abysmal. Not too long ago, I lost a really dear friend through sickle cell anemia. She was only 29. In all of these experiences that started from childhood, my yound mind was expanding along with my growing body. From an early age I began to dream of a better world and my part in making it possible. Motivated by the happenings around me, people dying or left incapacitated by preventable diseases or situations, I took the initiative of starting an NGO. I have been working with hospitals around my area, learning about the basics of healthcare reform in Nigeria. I have been able to ally with these local hospitals in my area to help with initiates of healthcare reform, whether it be helping patients with charity money or identify loans and healthcare providers. The NGO is in its incipient stages and named after my deceased friend: Tabirella Foundation. We are supported by U.S. donors and acquired four plots recently for the NGO to start building its office. My course of study in Canada is with the University of Sakatchewan School of Public Policy. My thesis topic is "where the rubber meets the road: reforming healthcare in Nigeria through policy formation, good governance and innovation." I hope to come back to Nigeria and help in the national debate of creating good healthcare in the country that is not only a privilege, but a right for all citizens. Hope I answered your question.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Oben209:

What reason did you give them .. what reasonable reason can I give .. I need it also to apply for USA and I have loads of documents to submit over 40pages
Give them the actual reason that you wants to use it to apply for US visa, is as simple as that it won't affect your application in any way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I had a friend who lost both legs to polio. My aunt died during child birth of complication because the nearest hospital was far from the village she lived, therefore she bled to death. On my return to Nigeria after two decades of sojourney in the United States, seeing beggars on the streets that are cripples, lepers, hunchbacks, others left incapacitated from preventable ilnneses, were some of my first sites on return. It indicated to me that Nigeria's healthcare continues to be abysmal. Not too long ago, I lost a really dear friend through sickle cell anemia. She was only 29. In all of these experiences that started from childhood, my yound mind was expanding along with my growing body. From an early age I began to dream of a better world and my part in making it possible. Motivated by the happenings around me, people dying or left incapacitated by preventable diseases or situations, I took the initiative of starting an NGO. I have been working with hospitals around my area, learning about the basics of healthcare reform in Nigeria. I have been able to ally with these local hospitals in my area to help with initiates of healthcare reform, whether it be helping patients with charity money or identify loans and healthcare providers. The NGO is in its incipient stages and named after my deceased friend: Tabirella Foundation. We are supported by U.S. donors and acquired four plots recently for the NGO to start building its office. My course of study in Canada is with the University of Sakatchewan School of Public Policy. My thesis topic is "where the rubber meets the road: reforming healthcare in Nigeria through policy formation, good governance and innovation." I hope to come back to Nigeria and help in the national debate of creating good healthcare in the country that is not only a privilege, but a right for all citizens. Hope I answered your question.
Why not keep this story to yourself, you've just successfully derail this thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
bayocanny:

Why not keep this story to yourself, you've just successfully derail this thread.
Ah ah..he just answered someone

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
bayocanny:

He asked and I felt a burden to respond that is all. Don't take it personal.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by andre99(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2017
haba........someone asked him a question and he answered with that reply, I didn't expect such a quote from you of all people, pls try and treat the guy with a bit of decorum.
bayocanny:

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

you did the right thing bro. Besides u ve spoken n acted wisely. more grease to your elbow

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

nice response. God bless you man.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
justwise:

Where is that stated as part of student visa requirements by Canadian embassy?

It's just what I've been seeing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Sorry bro, I didn't take it personal I just felt we shouldn't digress from the main topic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
Who has heard about Braemar college in Toronto
angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Once you spend a significant time abroad and become educated, there will be a paradigm shift. The worth of an education is not only about where you hit "your jackpot." [b]It's about where you can make contributions the most and touch lives. Nigeria is that place. [/b]I find it noteworthy that what you will be remembered for and what is important in life, is not the comfort you successfully build for yourself, but the difference you make on a day to day basis in the life of others. Please let us avoid this brain drain syndrome and get an education and come back home and help build our father's land. We complain that Nigeria is not good, not realizing we are part of the problem, going to develop other people's country where no matter how accomplished and number of citizenship paper we acquire, we will always be "the Nigerian" to them. Please get the citizenship for the flexibility it offers, but the fact has never been disproven all through ages, "there is no place like home." It is for no small reason, even Joseph the patriarch of old, attaining the second to the highest position in Egypt, asked that his bones be returned to his home country. Nigeria is the only place you can be president and be really respected and never be watching behind your back. Wherever you go, don't forget home, come back and make a difference. If we all run away, who will develop? Be the change you want to see in the world. Shikenah!
Nigeria might be the place in Mr A's case but not the place pertaining to Mr B.... STOP GENERALIZING SIR

Are you saying you can't touch lives in USA? The Nigerian medical doctors working in USA are touching lives and at the same time enhancing their own life with good pay and welfare

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by NDOGO: 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
bayocanny:

Sorry bro, I didn't take it personal I just felt we shouldn't digress from the main topic.

Nobody digressed. You don't know who his response has helped. Don't know why peeps on this forum are always venting. It's not that personal. Good luck to all hopefuls.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.