Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828855 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Nigeria might be the place in Mr A's case but not the place pertaining to Mr B.... STOP GENERALIZING SIR

Are you saying you can't touch lives in USA? The Nigerian medical doctors working in USA are touching lives and at the same time enhancing their own life with good pay and welfare
He answered according to what he was asked . specifically referring to Nigeria nd how he has helped or how he would help make Nigeria great again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
NDOGO:

Nobody digressed. You don't know who his response has helped. Don't know why peeps on this forum are always venting. It's not that personal. Good luck to all hopefuls.
Venting on who? Oga calm down na I didn't quote you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin1: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
dayusin1:
Long post alert.

Hello House and Gurus of the house.I really hail you guys. I have been a silent reader since I wanted to apply back in may but now that I have reached a pot hole I have to speak up and forget my silent swag. Abeg make una help me o. I just got a procedure fairness letter from Cic which is below. Now the twist of all this is I indicated that I was refused visa before and I stated that I was refused a uk visa back in 2013 which has been my most recent denial and the reason why I did not state that of the US. Now I have realized that I should have stated both . I have been given 15 days to write back to them why i did not include USA. Honestly this was a silly oversight. How do I go about it ? Should I reply with the email or should I send a hard copy via courier. Thank you Guys.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
glam4444:

He answered according to what he was asked . specifically referring to Nigeria nd how he has helped or how he would help make Nigeria great again
I'm only saying that you can make a difference anywhere in the world, you can touch lives anywhere in the world! He has his reasons and goals so does the man who doesn't want to come back to Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
[quote author=dayusin1 post=58923471][/quote]explain you this to them ! If you were bent on representing yourself then you wouldn't even state your UK Refusal.... Explain them solemnly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cscd1234: 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
? ? ? Please read my post again.
Ain't we saying the same thing? ? ?

wealth360:
yes you will be corrected. If you the paper route you will be required to submit your passport with your application. That's the norms for paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Cscd1234:
? ? ? Please read my post again.
Ain't we saying the same thing? ? ?

Sorry. Same thing. Mistakenly read 'do' as 'don't '
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
To our brothers and sisters here or reading this thread who have had their study permit application refused for one reason or another, please do not hesitate to get help either here or where you deem appropraite for you. Sometimes, the issues of refusal can cut accross different aspect of your application, circumstance and situation and does not necessarily mean that you submitted a bad application. If you feel anyhow or have any doubt about your application, make sure you seek a second opinion, read this thread thoroughly( i practically read this thread from part 6 to part 10 where 1 started contributing, no jokes ,@RAY12345 can attest to this). I simply made time out of my schedule and indulged in reading posts and comments here,on school websites, on cic websites and on different forums, i even sent emails to CIC at some point about clarifications of things on their website and they responded on different occasions. I did these because i needed information that will also help me even after the visa application stage. It is going to be a journey of endless seeking of information as immigration conditons and requirements are seemingly changing often. We must develop the attitude of sourcing help and useful information to remedy any situation we find ourselves.

Carefully review your refusal reasons, order for your GCMS file especially if you have been refused for 'purpose of visit' . There is always more to this reason of refusal. NEVER be in a hurry to reapply if you have not carefully and significantly address previous refusal reasons. Like i always mention here, it's possible a different VO reviews your reapplication and very likely that the first place he/she would review is your GCMS file in their records even before reviewing the additional information or document you have submitted. It will then be on this premise the VO would ascertain if your reapplication have met the requirements and established your genuine intention to study.

If you do not order for this file, you apparently would be eluded of the previous VO's inference on your refused application and may not sufficiently address the reason(s). Please, always seek help if you need to. This place has been a huge source of hope and encouragement to alot of people, myself inclusive. Ask! Ask! Ask! While also doing your part in researching, this will give confidence and overall give you some control over your destiny. It will always be in our hands. God is ready when we are. Once we have done our part, we commit everything to God almight who himself is the controller of the human mind. The VO is under such control and his/her discretion can as well work in our favour even when we feel we have or have not submitted the best possible applications. No two applications are the same. Let's just do our part well enough!

Our effort will never be in vain.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SURGEE(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
I got inspired by what jnyuwa02 just shared. I nearly wanted to advice anyone aspiring for a higher degree in the health sector to quickly copy the rationale behind what he was writing wink, not knowing the idea was actually his research thesis. Bro, that a very good one!!!. I'm really impressed. Yea!! very nice. cheesy

To those seeking admission into a research program and hence need to get a supervisor, the following tips may probably be of help. I have actually sent them to some people here on PMs. The more we start seeing research from this standpoint, the higher our chances of getting into a research program and the less we need to worry about hometie.

Please read with an open heart and don't hesitate to add-to or criticize this write up.

TIPS

Always propose a research proposal that solves a problem in your field of study but also has an undertone of your supervisor's research interest.

You can try to create rationales or problem statements from projected or current challenges facing Nigeria, Africa, or the World in your field of study, taking into account some of the global issues presently facing our world. An example of this is climate change, ..Global issues like this can even open up the supervisor's mindset in to how his or her research work can be scaled up for global impact........In order words, let the supervisor see you in his/her future.

One question I think everyone writing a research proposal should put to mind is : What problem(s) do i intend to solve and how can this supervisor be of help in solving these problems? This does not mean that you shouldn't intelligently create problems from the supervisors area of interest, in fact, the supervisor's interest should ultimately form the basis of your thinking or reasoning, but let your research proposal be clear enough on the problem you intend to solve.

Research without solving issues, challenges, or problems is a waste of time and energy and this shouldn't be funded.

Why should a research be conducted and funded in the first place if not to solve a problem, improve existing theories, methodologies, strategies or systems as the case maybe. This is why every research is expected to lead to development one way or the other.

So, applicants who desire a funded research program need to start thinking locally, continentally and globally about problems in their
various specializations and most importantly in their supervisor's area of interest.

Ruminate about current and projected future problems that is or may affect Nigeria, Africa and the World in your area of study and propose
possible ways you and your supervisor can have them solved.

****Note*****************************

1. Write your letters as if you are talking to the supervisor eye to eye. Let him or her feel your pulse. Forget all the too formal or standardized
way of writing, they've seen so many of it and it's not attractive any more.

2. Write to the supervisor as if you are given 3 - 4 mins to woo him/her into being your research supervisor. Write it the way you would say or woo in him/her.

And lastly, God,,,God.....God!!! Only God. Dont leave God out of it. Rely on him for ideas and talk to him before writing or even sending any research proposal, ask for his direction and wisdom cos God can consciously and unconsciously guide you to the right supervisor to write to and before you know it, he or she is already interested in your case.
A little prayer will do!......Remember, the heart of kings is in his hands.

Supervisors with good funding would beckon at you this season.

Remain Positive

Disclaimer: The above tips may not be so relevant in some very specialized programs.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Any June applicant with any sort of update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

That you didn't make it over there does not mean others can't make it over there. Your destiny is not attached to the destiny of others. That i'm looking for a great country to stay doesn't take Africa away from me. .

Jnyuwa02 posts are educative too... pple shudnt come on here to vent on anyone due to CICs pressure...Courtesy is being respectful even to the faceless forums...No thread is been derailed honestly...Talking about CIC all day is no fun, Let there be spice!!!(atleast relative to the main topic) Educative arguments but not confusing to readers..Everyone is here to learn, one *line/sentence* can add an immeasurable value to a soul....
Drops mic* lemme comman be going sef

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
kingvicx:

It's just what I've been seeing
Don't be pressured to give a reason as to why you will come back to Nigeria after your study. I didn't even mention anything related to coming back to Nigeria in my application. Even while filling my questionnaire. Just do you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mcowubaba: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Please @mcowubaba which province are you?
Will be in Saskatoon in November/December
Recently Traveled out of Canada, I'm across the border. wink

Which province are you coming to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
Part 13 and I haven't gotten my VISA

Okay o... 7weeks already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sunvick(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
You have a valid point, and I appreciate your endeavor. Keep it up.

jnyuwa02:

I had a friend who lost both legs to polio. My aunt died during child birth of complication because the nearest hospital was far from the village she lived, therefore she bled to death. On my return to Nigeria after two decades of sojourney in the United States, seeing beggars on the streets that are cripples, lepers, hunchbacks, others left incapacitated from preventable ilnneses, were some of my first sites on return. It indicated to me that Nigeria's healthcare continues to be abysmal. Not too long ago, I lost a really dear friend through sickle cell anemia. She was only 29. In all of these experiences that started from childhood, my yound mind was expanding along with my growing body. From an early age I began to dream of a better world and my part in making it possible. Motivated by the happenings around me, people dying or left incapacitated by preventable diseases or situations, I took the initiative of starting an NGO. I have been working with hospitals around my area, learning about the basics of healthcare reform in Nigeria. I have been able to ally with these local hospitals in my area to help with initiates of healthcare reform, whether it be helping patients with charity money or identify loans and healthcare providers. The NGO is in its incipient stages and named after my deceased friend: Tabirella Foundation. We are supported by U.S. donors and acquired four plots recently for the NGO to start building its office. My course of study in Canada is with the University of Sakatchewan School of Public Policy. My thesis topic is "where the rubber meets the road: reforming healthcare in Nigeria through policy formation, good governance and innovation." I hope to come back to Nigeria and help in the national debate of creating good healthcare in the country that is not only a privilege, but a right for all citizens. Hope I answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Will be in Saskatoon in November/December
Recently Traveled out of Canada, I'm across the border. wink

Which province are you coming to?
Manitoba... Your neighbor to the right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
Someone told me they ask for polio/yellow card at lagos airport? CIC medical never do
Which one is "ok to board" sef?

@yomalicious and other gurus abeg clarify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mcowubaba: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
My problem with this Canadian thread is that, after people are helped and eventually across over to Canada, the become too busy or less interested in the thread.

The mostly won't come back to share their knowledge, and experience.

This is not good, some even deactivate their account after benefiting from the goodwill of numerous Nairalanders.
Some of us that manage to stick around gets discouraged.

I know difference in time zones affects our effective Communication with Nairalanders in Nigeria, but at least we should make out time to come back to threads like this and help as much as possible.

I have stuck with Traveling to Canada thread since part 8, despite getting all the information I needed at that time, I still try to come around sometimes to see what's going on.
I'm no guru or anything

I sincerely hope the next batch of TRV Successful people here will not run away from this thread..
Keep the love flowing.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mcowubaba: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Manitoba... Your neighbor to the right
Lovely, less gelid province compared to Saskatchewan.
And I know one or two people there.
Will you be in Winnipeg precisely?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
Austinpee4 please am through writing my SOP I want you to help me go through it I want to summit on Monday morning thank am awaiting your respond sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
Holyfield1:
Part 13 and I haven't gotten my VISA

Okay o... 7weeks already
Heheh Oga Kamdan ooo.. it's just 7weeks..
mine is 19weeks already...we shall share our testimonies in this part by the grace of God..

IT SHALL END IN PRAISE!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
DaRealman1:
Dear All,

First, I appreciate you for this forum. Information shared have been very valuable and helpful. However, I have a perculiar case that requires advice from all members.

I am in my early forties and planning on retirement to float a consulting firm in IT. To achieve this i intend pursuing a professional programme (ACS) in Montreal for 12 months (programme comes with internship) then acquire relevant work experience there for one year after graduation before returning home to set up my firm. My inlaw has agreed to sponsor the study whether full or part.

I have applied for my CAQ and have it approved, i intend applying for my Study visa. What do you think are the required documents required for this? What do you think are my chances of getting the TRV approved? How long does it take to get decision on Study permit? Can I do upfrot medical, if yes, what's the advantage/disadvantage? I had deferred my admission from October 2017 to Febraury 2018 before of the slight delay in CAQ approval. Do you think February will be a good time to visit Canada considering the tough temperature during winter?

I kook forward to your response.

Darealman1

Well, the first red flag I noticed is you are retiring at 40+ to float a consulting firm and then it is your in law sponsoring your studies (doesn't add up).

Secondly you are at the verge of starting a business and you want to spend so much on studies/skills you could easily acquire in your home country.

These are just my observations I feel you should look into as they may arise when the VO is reviewing your application.

If the purpose of this your study is truly just to migrate to Canada...Try the Express Entry route...you stand better chances through that!

Lastly, the weather should be the least of your worries. Once you can get your visa. Everything else you can easily adapt to!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
maralina:

Heheh Oga Kamdan ooo.. it's just 7weeks..
mine is 19weeks already...we shall share our testimonies in this part by the grace of God..

IT SHALL END IN PRAISE!!!!

Send CIC a reminder...its overdue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nobody is asking for vaccination card at the airport. I work with an airline and I see people with Canadian visa everyday. We never ask them for any vaccination card or yellow fever card.
It is only if you are going to the west coast countries or South Africa or Arab countries they will ask for such. FOR CANADA, NO! NO!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Lovely, less gelid province compared to Saskatchewan.
And I know one or two people there.
Will you be in Winnipeg precisely?
Yes bro.. I'll be in Winnipeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Senatorkolade:
Nobody is asking for vaccination card at the airport. I work with an airline and I see people with Canadian visa everyday. We never ask them for any vaccination card or yellow fever card.
It is only if you are going to the west coast countries or South Africa or Arab countries they will ask for such. FOR CANADA, NO! NO!!
ok thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
looks like Visa officers were on leave this week. there were not many TRV approvals or delays. Next week shall be full of TRV testimonies as we enter the final month before fall session.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
DereI:

Send CIC a reminder...its overdue
I did last week; they said they'll attend to it shortly.. I'm still hoping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mandoy:
looks like Visa officers were on leave this week. there were not many TRV approvals or delays. Next week shall be full of TRV testimonies as we enter the final month before fall session.
Amen!!! Ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by holaturnji: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
Good evening house, please I need the gurus on this one. A couple applied for Canadian student visa ( the wife being the primary applicant) but the husband had earlier applied for US Visa a year before and he was denied. on filling the application form for the Canadian visa , in the part where they ask if you have been denied entry into Canada he answered no because he has never applied​ for Canadian visa before but he mistakenly didn't​ answer the part where he was asked if he had been denied visa to any other country correctly. He got a mail from the embassy in Accra to explain why he didn't mention that he was denied US Visa in the application. He maintains that it was an oversight. Nothing was sent to the primary applicant ( wife). Kindly help on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Please on the issue of misrepresentation, what if the applicant indicated on CIC form that he/she has been refused a visa before but do not mention the number of times of refusal(eg.4 times) can that amount to misrepresentation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mcowubaba: 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Yes bro.. I'll be in Winnipeg
University of Manitoba?
Winnipeg University?
Or?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.