Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826426 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
CPA01:
Application approved. Dedicated to all members of this thread. Thank you Jesus.
Wow congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vieve111: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
Austinpee4:

Submit it where you did your biometrics. There is no particular time frame for transmission between VFS and the embassy. But from previous trend, most online application get their TRV once approved issued either in lag or Abj depending on where it is submitted irrespective of which office approved it. So if you stay in lagos, it could be a matter of days for you to get it.

Hi Austinpee4. its me again, I have a concern regarding my passport. My passport expires on the 23 of October 2018 and my study is two years from september 2017. I just sent in my passport to vfsglobal to be trasmitted to the embassy. Do you know of anyone in a similar case and how did it turn out. Should I write them an email explaining the condition of my passport. Because i try renewing my passport but i was i should wait until my passport has 6 months or less validity period.

Help, Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
Help, My school will be resuming Sept 7th

Applied since June 1 and haven't heard anything from CIC yet

What can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
vieve111:

Hi Austinpee4. its me again, I have a concern regarding my passport. My passport expires on the 23 of October 2018 and my study is two years from september 2017. I just sent in my passport to vfsglobal to be trasmitted to the embassy. Do you know of anyone in a similar case and how did it turn out. Should I write them an email explaining the condition of my passport. Because i try renewing my passport but i was i should wait until my passport has 6 months or less validity period.

Help, Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Boss,

You will be issued a VISA and permit up to the expiry date on your passport.

When you get to Canada, you can renew your passport, visa and permit.

There is nothing to worry about.

Most people here also have the same scenario as you, so stay calm; 6 months before your passport expires go to the Nigerian embassy in Ottawa, renew your passport, then follow suit for your other documents(VISA and study permit).

No cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
I wanted going for a pdg program, the tuition fee is 12896CD but I have already made part payment and deferred the admission to Jan after my refusal.

Now my question is will I be able to sponsor myself and how much do I need to have available in my account.

I really want to now, so I can start preparing my documents awaiting my gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
Holyfield1:
Help, My school will be resuming Sept 7th

Applied since June 1 and haven't heard anything from CIC yet

What can I do?

Just wait and be hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
LaGrace:

The website is gcmsnow.com. It's $23 and it's paid using a card. You need to calm down, all is not lost. Do well to check your admission letter to confirm the date. If u were admitted for September 2017 you will need a new admission letter with a new date. You will need to explain to the school your refusal and ask for a deferral to the next available intake.

You should share your profile as well and try to calm down and put all your thoughts and questions in one post.
Please I submitted June 1 and my school resume this Sept and I haven't heard from CIC, What should I do? I'm really scared right now, hope it won't lead to automatic refusal, this is my third application tho, same admission ...I've been refused twice cry cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
Holyfield1:
Please I submitted June 1 and my school resume this Sept and I haven't heard from CIC, What should I do? I'm really scared right now, hope it won't lead to automatic refusal, this is my third application tho, same admission ...I've been refused twice cry cry cry cry
All you can do now is wait and PRAY. Trv can be issued before or after resumption so let's keep praying, if it's after resumption cic will request for another offer letter before approving your application. It will surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
mcobex:
All you can do now is wait and PRAY. Trv can be issued before or after resumption so let's keep praying, if it's after resumption cic will request for another offer letter before approving your application. It will surely end in praise
Okay bro, Thanks a bunch wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
maziude:

Just wait and be hopeful.
Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LaGrace: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
Holyfield1:
U can only wait and be hopeful in prayer. Calculate to see if u are still within their current processing time and if you've exceeded and u haven't already sent them an email, maybe u should politely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Peaceful004: 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
poesy:
Approved! Glory be to God!
I was going to wait until I pick up my passport from VFS before sharing my profile but I'll go ahead and share my testimony, anyway.

Going for MA (Thesis based) at UWO - Fall 2017

Background
BA (2011) Work experience in my field; self-employed since December 2016

Timeline

Online application 1st July (Upfront Medicals)
Biometrics 5th July
Review of Eligibility/Medicals Passed/Passport Request 17th August
Passport Submission 18th August (yet to be picked up)
Correspondence Letter/Document Status 24th August

Submitted:

All CIC documents

1 page SOP (short and straight to the point - Why I want to study in Canada, rationale behind my choice of school, my research interests, how I'm going to apply the knowledge gained to my career when I return to Nigeria and my source of funding)

Admission letter + email to me from the school, acknowledging receipt of original transcript (it was a condition of admission)

Funding Letter from School (Tuition)

1 page Letter of Funding from Parents (Living Expenses)

Parents' financial docs - bank statement, employment letter and payslips

Obstacles that I overcame

My full name (first name, initials and surname) on my birth certificate and admission letter is ABCD. However, on my passport and other documents, it is ACD. On the form where it asked if you've ever gone by any other name, I listed both versions of my name.

A bulk sum of money was transferred from my parents' former employers the day before I submitted. (The reason for my 'late' submission) To avoid suspicion of money lodgement, I included a letter from the employer to my parents informing them that it was their end of service package (the truth). My parents' SOP also addressed this transfer and its intended use towards my living expenses.

There is no doubt in my mind that doing upfront medicals saved me time. The day I went for my medicals coincided with the 1st day of my cycle and I was not allowed to give certain samples until more than a week later. Imagine if this had happened in August. Ladies, take note of this.

Home Tie - To be honest, this is something I don't fully understand. All I did was state in my SOP conclusion that I would be eager to return to my family after studies.

Travel history - I was denied a UK visa 6 years ago, which I stated. However I included my granted visas to an EU country (10 years ago) and an East African country (5 years ago)

So there you have it; I submitted what CIC specifically asked me to submit and provided explanation and additional documents where necessary. A few documents may have delayed me but I worked on other parts of my application during the interim. All in all, I thank God, because it is truly His doing. I also thank you Nairalanders for sharing your experience and resources with me. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Congrats Poesy...
One quick question please, did you submit an English test result before applying to UWO? I can't find their exemption list. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nogen:
Congratulations to those who got their TRV and to those who got a delay, please repackage and reapply. Try to look for graduate programmes in Masters or Doctorate if you qualify for one.

I am beginning to believe this pdg application does not fly with the VOs. If you must apply for one, let it be for genuine reasons such as low GP in your BSc or B.A or for some great reasons. Most people who got their delays applied for pgd. You may be genuine but the VOs don't see it as such because some fellows have abused it in the past!
Success to us all!

Keep your negative opinion to yourself. Ask those that got their TRV with PGD how they did it and look for ways to help others. PGD is a post graduate program and so far it doesn't say otherwise and is still being offered by universities and colleges, people will continue to go for it.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
mesh2003:

Keep your negative opinion to yourself. Ask those that got their TRV with PGD how they did it and look for ways to help others. PGD is a post graduate program and so far it doesn't say otherwise and are still being offered by universities and colleges, people will continue to go for it.

Ah ah ..PGD ko masters ...enof ov dis pls... Allow him to say his mind .
Always find a way to buttress ur point without creating discord.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adebunmi07: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
REFUSED TODAY. DIDNT MEET ELIGIBILITY.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
glam4444:

Ah ah ..PGD ko masters ...enof ov dis pls... Allow him to say his mind .
Always find a way to buttress ur point without creating discord.

There's nothing like creating discord she's saying the right thing.
The guy should mind his business and let those who applied for pgd be.

Enough of all these discouraging write up from @jinuwa and co

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
adebunmi07:
REFUSED TODAY. DIDNT MEET ELIGIBILITY.

Sorry for the delay bro...
Order for ur gcsm notes asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
vanod:

There's nothing like creating discord she's saying the right thing.
The guy should mind his business and let those who applied for pgd be.

Enough of all these discouraging write up from @jinuwa and co
Y askin him to kip his opinion to himself.... D guy said wat he has been observing...
Dis is a forum for all...we can all act matured at least ..plx
She can as well give her points for doz going for PGD without quoting the moniker.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adebunmi07: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
glam4444:

Sorry for the delay bro...
Order for ur gcsm notes asap

The final decision wasn't written but they wrote I do not meet d eligibility requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
adebunmi07:

The final decision wasn't written but they wrote I do not meet d eligibility requirement.

Sorry for the outcome
Itz 99% delay ...just request for ur gcms note ASAP...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
I wrote to my school(department) about the state of my Trv application and to know about the grace period for resumption/ deadline for deferral should I not get a positive response from CIC, only for them to reply by asking me to let them know if I want deferral so they can start the process. I just tire shocked sad. They didn't even answer my questions, as if they just want to dash my seat to somebody . Meanwhile the recruitment coordinator says I have till 20th Sept, and referred me to them just to get this kind msg!
This ppl wan put person for confusion.

Pls can one still defer after resumption? Or u must do it before the resumption date.?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hello bosses,

I think it is high time we all stopped this dissecting issues between which programme is best to go for or which gets your TRV approved faster.

Everyone has a reason for choosing the programme he or she chose be it career change or pre-requisite requirement.

Every application is treated based on the information at the disposal to the VOs and the policy the VOs are required to follow.

Summarily, if

1) You are going for BSc(either as a second degree or whatever fits in here), please ensure you have all the angles covered with respect to VISA application. Submit every relevant and needed documents, have enough funds and proofs to support this fund. Ensure you make the VO see why you are going for this programme especially if you are going for another degree (the VOs might not understand why you are going for this except you explain to them). The onus is on you to prove to them without reasonable doubt that you are indeed a genuine student.

2) You are going for PGD/PGC, please ensure you satisfy or meet the requirements for choosing this. It is one thing to get admitted and another thing to get your VISA approved. If you choose PGD for career change, please include supplementary evidence to back your claim and make the VO see it from your point of view, genuinely. If you chose it to meet a specific pre-requisite (like minimum grade requirement or change of course or because you have HND or whatever you think), also back it up with evidence to show why you need to do this. Showing this and how you show it is entirely up to you, but you owe it to yourself to present the best argument to support your case of being a genuine student.

3) You are going for Masters/PhD whether funded or not. Please endeavor to submit an airtight application. Having a masters/PhD admission whether funded or not does not guarantee VISA (like we have seen in most cases here). So please do your best to do what is required of you. Present your case in a way that leaves the VOs satisfied. Submit relevant and required documents . And if your case is unique (e.g course switch etc), please explain to the VOs why.

VISA approval is possible no matter the cases involved all you have to do is cross the T's and dot the I's, pray to GOD (or whoever you believe in) and trust that GOD will come through for you.

You might not get it at first (Nobody likes this though), but with perseverance and CHANGE OF APPROACH, you will get it.

Everything is truly possible to they that believe, all you have to do is believe and not relent in your efforts.

Once again, it shall end in praises for us all.

Peace,

Mazi

PS: All of una wey dey owe my garri, una don dey use style go silent mode abi? Make I catch una first...

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

I think it is high time we all stopped this dissecting issues between which programme is best to go for or which gets your TRV approved faster.

Everyone has a reason for choosing the programme he or she chose be it career change or pre-requisite requirement.

Every application is treated based on the information at the disposal to the VOs and the policy the VOs are required to follow.

Summarily, if

1) You are going for BSc(either as a second degree or whatever fits in here), please ensure you have all the angles covered with respect to VISA application. Submit every relevant and needed documents, have enough funds and proofs to support this fund. Ensure you make the VO see why you are going for this programme especially if you are going for another degree (the VOs might not understand why you are going for this except you explain to them). The onus is on you to prove to them without reasonable doubt that you are indeed a genuine student.

2) You are going for PGD/PGC, please ensure you satisfy or meet the requirements for choosing this. It is one thing to get admitted and another thing to get your VISA approved. If you choose PGD for career change, please include supplementary evidence to back your claim and make the VO see it from your point of view, genuinely. If you chose it to meet a specific pre-requisite (like minimum grade requirement or change of course or because you have HND or whatever you think), also back it up with evidence to show why you need to do this. Showing this and how you show it is entirely up to you, but you owe it to yourself to present the best argument to support your case of being a genuine student.

3) You are going for Masters/PhD whether funded or not. Please endeavor to submit an airtight application. Having a masters/PhD admission whether funded or not does not guarantee VISA (like we have seen in most cases here). So please do your best to do what is required of you. Present your case in a way that leaves the VOs satisfied. Submit relevant and required documents . And if your case is unique (e.g course switch etc), please explain to the VOs why.

VISA approval is possible no matter the cases involved all you have to do is cross the T's and dot the I's, pray to GOD (or whoever you believe in) and trust that GOD will come through for you.

You might not get it at first (Nobody likes this though), but with perseverance and CHANGE OF APPROACH, you will get it.

Everything is truly possible to they that believe, all you have to do is believe and not relent in your efforts.

Peace,

Mazi

PS: All of una wey dey owe my garri, una don dey use style go silent mode abi? Make I catch una first...

Well said ..
I comot cap for u grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

Summarily, if

Peace,

Mazi

Thank you Boss. well said, the agents of discouragement must learn one or two things here and put the matter to rest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
@Maziude have spoken. Just the way @Austinpee4 did his own.

Very soon, @Canadiannurse and @wealth360 will come and do the same.

I hope it's not what am thinking sha?
Before una do what am thinking, make una make sure say una also cross the T's and dot the I's of una unfinished business over here.

Remember @chybaz and the rest wey una never finish.

smiley

Nice write up anyway!!
That should be very useful here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
guzenaira:

Before una do what am thinking, make una make sure say una also cross the T's and dot the I's of una unfinished business over here.

smiley

Nice write up anyway!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Peaceful004:

Congrats Poesy...
One quick question please, did you submit an English test result before applying to UWO? I can't find their exemption list. Thanks

Hi, I didn't write an English test. In the application form, I listed English as my first language. Again, the need for tests likely depends on your department. If in doubt, send them an email and tell them your first language and language of instruction at your Uni. Good luck and be sure to tell us when you gain admission!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

Summarily, if

Peace,

Mazi

mazi quote wey still DEY the back of my mind goes thus : with a dream comes struggle and by perseverance a positive manifestation

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omodolapoola(f): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please help submitted my application since Febuary 22rd 2017 and was to resume in May 2017,which since then have not heard anything about the application and have mailed then countless of time.what can I do again because am tired and time is going. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
Preach!

mesh2003:

Keep your negative opinion to yourself. Ask those that got their TRV with PGD how they did it and look for ways to help others. PGD is a post graduate program and so far it doesn't say otherwise and is still being offered by universities and colleges, people will continue to go for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
omodolapoola:
Please help submitted my application since Febuary 22rd 2017 and was to resume in May 2017,which since then have not heard anything about the application and have mailed then countless of time.what can I do again because am tired and time is going. Thanks

The last thing to do is order for your gcms file. Or keep waiting, mailing them and praying.

God go do am.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
I no get strength to argue pgd or anything... I was just surprised that @jnyuwa02 who has been an advocate of career change as long as you have reasons to convince the VO then go for it.... I'm just wondering why he is not applying the same methodology to the pgd matter.... The principal Applicant is the chief driver of his career and knows which course and program(pgd/pgc/masters/PhD) he/she qualifies for and which one will better his/her career... The only challenge I see is the ability to make the VO see reasons with you and align his thinking cap on your path that's where the work is (this is because our predecessors bastardized every single line of trust on Nigerian Applicant's)

Therefore I think it's circular reasoning/argument to state that pgd/pgc is a no go area because one or two or 10 people on this thread got refused...

THE CIRCULAR ARGUMENT FORMAT
It's like saying x is true because of y and you is true because of x
Pgd/c is a no go area because someone got rejected with it... Also someone got rejected because pgd/c is a no go area

Your basically reasoning in a circular path with no proof

Please let's let people make their choice

All the same I sincerely appreciate people putting out there opinions whether negative or positive because fire purifies gold

NB:This thread doesn't even represent 1/30 of Nigerian study permit applicants... Not even everyone on the thread comments...

guzenaira:

smiley

Nice write up anyway!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.