Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834278 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jamiesongsingz(m): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2017
Good morning Everyone. I just got this mail. Does it connote a positive response?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2017
@Dunna, congratulations. I would like to find out a few things from.you.
I also plan to go with my children because they are too young to be left behind for 4 years. I have made plans to put them in a daycare and I have gotten 2 willing to give us admission .

My husband is now going with us to help with the children while I study. He will be working part time from Canada and forward online to his office in Lagos .

Now, in my Certificate of Acceptance application form, I filled them as students too because that's what I'm coming in as . Also, visitors permit is usually a short one, visitors are not expected to stay more than 6 months. Why did you use visitors permit for your children ? I'm yet to apply for my study permit. That can guide me in my CIC application. Do I also tick work permit for my husband? How did you go about it?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ozzy2: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2017
Nogen:
I also plan to go with my children because they are too young to be left behind for 4 years. I have made plans to put them in a daycare and I have gotten 2 willing to give us admission .

My husband is now going with us to help with the children while I study. He will be working part time from Canada and forward online to his office in Lagos .

Now, in my Certificate of Acceptance application form, I filled them as students too because that's what I'm coming in as . Also, visitors permit is usually a short one, visitors are not expected to stay more than 6 months. Why did you use visitors permit for your children ? I'm yet to apply for my study permit. That can guide me in my CIC application. Do I also tick work permit for my husband? How did you go about it?

Thanks.
@Nogen , i have been trying to pm u and reply ur pm but is not going thru. Please i will want us to talk. My case is similiar to urs. Kindly whatpp me . Tnks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Queenkanbia19: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2017
GREGORIAN:
MY Observation
1) Know your true motive for traveling, if you don't really have a concrete basis you may really just end up in circles

2) Pick your school on time sayy 6 months before processing. Your admission letter could take a while. Make sure you've many options and alternatives. Utilize your google, ask people.

3) Compare the school fees and see which is better tailored for you. (I think manitoba has the cheapest schools but the cold na die)

4) Make sure you've the available fundings. Really this is where we shoot ourselves in the leg. When we don't have enough money and we want to school abroad. Canada reqs JUST MIN of CAD10k for one person and CAD13k for 2 people asides your school fees of which you must be able to prove you will afford your school fees. You can pay half but Quebec is a little high. All are entailed in the cic site. Step by step guide for application.

5) Write a professional exam, get certified in your field it betters your chances. Ietls or toefl

6) Apply; if paper route please avoid any ink on paper, rumpled sheet, poorly printed documents they will delay you.

7) List all your docs in order. Wat dey really want to know is if you will be at loss if you run to canada that's why they check your assets. They check your bank statements(doesn't necessarily matter but they know you 'gidi gahn'. Make background checks, with your police cert. Make sure all the docs they enlist for you are complete.

cool Commit everything to God.

9) Submit up to 5mnths into your resumption. Try to avoid september. Its a go-slow

10) Never compare your application with anybody. Really, everybody has different VOs. Yours may be lazy, he may like her picture :p and she may be the hardworking type. All different with different timelines. But they never pass 3mnths.

11) Take time during the wait to put things in order. Do your things normally, hypertension na bastard. Set your faith and let nothing disturb you. Don't cast your self too much. If visa neva click no go dey cast for everybody o. If you keep faith I promise God will answer you.

12) Do NOT disturb the VO they get irritated easily.
13)While you are waiting for your TRV, try do the right thing so there will be a good reason for God to answer your prayer...some trv applicants after they receive a medical call, they allow the devil to start using them..
all in the name of happiness...keep yourself in holy act and good conduct till you receive your visa and after you receive your TRV...some get refused because after medical mail displays update pass they start illicit act..
forgetting thats even when real prayer starts...Canada is for those that believe and trust in God even when tins seems not right..if you observe those that believe even after been refused canadian visa 5 times they still
get there TRv on the 6th application...y? because they believe...

14) If you get your TRV approved try to keep to your SOP, so you dont make the road too difficult for your other Nigerians with a very good intention.

15) maintain a good attitude while you are in canada as a Nigerian, so those planning to apply or re-apply for 2018 will be successful like you, love your brother by doing this, because if you dont you will be so shocked after
your canadian study permit expires, application for study permit extention will be so difficult for you..take note

*** Signs That you safe at that point in time. Medical call up, a month or 2 after your medicals no denial letter, all I know is if they would deny you on a usual period it won't take long at all. But September is the most volatile. Anything can happen, your app may switch from VOs to VOs. So just pray and keep calm.

TRUST GOD HE'LL ALWAYS BE THERE....BECAUSE JEHOVAH GOD IS THE MOST RUGGED

True
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Queenkanbia19: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:
Good morning Everyone. I just got this mail. Does it connote a positive response?

No it doesn't,get your passport from the vfs and you will find a letter attached stating what went wrong...work on it and then re-apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jamiesongsingz(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2017
Please how do I order for my gcms notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 8:31am On Sep 07, 2017
ozzy2:

@Nogen , i have been trying to pm u and reply ur pm but is not going thru. Please i will want us to talk. My case is similiar to urs. Kindly whatpp me on . Tnks

OK. Take off your phone number. Will contact you now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:
Please how do I order for my gcms notes?

Hello,

here is the link if you want to order it yourself. it will costs $23CAD.

www.gcmsnow.com

or someone who resides in Canada legally can apply on your behalf for $5CAD using this link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

You will have to fill and sign a consent form IMM5744 and send to the person that wants to apply on your behalf.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2017
Dunna:
…long post alert.

Approval! Approval!! Approval!!!

I have been a silent member of this house. I actually decided publish this to encourage someone and to answer some questions with my application. I submitted my application before discovering this forum, but have actually learnt from other people experiences.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Intended program: PhD Chemistry

Work/current activity: Managerial position in the banking sector (11 years core banking experience till date)

Application: (online)

1-      Study permit (mine) -30th April 17

3-Visitors permit (my 3 kids-less than 6 yrs) -30th April 17

1-      Work permit (my wife) -30th April 17

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Other Scholarship funding -32kUSD

Funding from school – 20kCAD

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

Other documents in addition to cic docs

Wife’s BSc/MSc certificates

Birth certificates for 5 of us

My landed property document (not valued)….but in the city

Letters of introduction from our offices

7 journal publications in Chemistry intl journals (stated in my CV)

CV

SOP..(written  myself) –sample available on request!

Other certifications…ACCA, computer etc

Timeline

30th April-App submitted (online)

Upfront medical

20 July – request for proof of school fees payment and funds for living expenses and assurance letter from bank of being able to export funds due to restriction by CBN (submitted my own soa this time of 3.5m and award letter from school)

Aug 22-review of eligibility

27th Aug-call for medical (even after doing upfront medical-attached the e-medical form and sent to accra email)

4th Sept-Medical updated –passed

6th Sept- Request for original passport for all my application (1 study, 3 visitors, 1 work)

To God alone be all the glory. Though tightly busy, I will be willing to answer some questions in this regard and wish every other TRV hopefuls quick and favourable response from CiC. Merci!

Wow. this is solid. Congrats boss

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jamiesongsingz(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks but please is the consent form to be handwritten filled or typed??
RAY12345:

Hello,

here is the link if you want to order it yourself. it will costs $23CAD.

www.gcmsnow.com

or someone who resides in Canada legally can apply on your behalf for $5CAD using this link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

You will have to fill and sign a consent form IMM5744 and send to the person that wants to apply on your behalf.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2017
Dunna:
…long post alert.

I have been a silent member of this house. I actually decided publish this to encourage someone and to answer some questions with my application. I submitted my application before discovering this forum, but have actually learnt from other people experiences.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Work/current activity: Managerial position in the banking sector (11 years core banking experience till date)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

20 July – request for proof of school fees payment and funds for living expenses and assurance letter from bank of being able to export funds due to restriction by CBN (submitted my own soa this time of 3.5m and award letter from school)

27th Aug-call for medical (even after doing upfront medical-attached the e-medical form and sent to accra email)

6th Sept- Request for original passport for all my application (1 study, 3 visitors, 1 work)

To God alone be all the glory. Though tightly busy, I will be willing to answer some questions in this regard and wish every other TRV hopefuls quick and favourable response from CiC. Merci!

Congrats sir, the Lord that did yours will do ours... I salute your courage how I wish could apply for my family members...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:
Thanks but please is the consent form to be handwritten filled or typed??

Whichever way. just ensure that u append your signature..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dunna: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2017
Nogen:

Thanks.
@ Nogen, as long as the visitors permit is applied as a dependant to the primary applicant, it has same validity as the primary applicant, in this case the study permit. They can actually study with the visitors permit accompanying you as the primary applicant. Ticking the kids as study requires you getting an acceptable DLI. More experienced members can please comment. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ronke1114: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello guys! Been following this thread as a guest. I have a few questions pls.

I have a CGPA of 3.80 in my final two years of study and a FCGPA of 3.53 in civil Engineering. I applied to 3 different schools for my MENG, Windsor, Mun and Waterloo but it was not successful. Windsor said low academic average, Waterloo said they received a lot of applications, while Mun said no available supervisor. I was told by MUN my application will be reconsidered for fall 2018. Tried contacting supervisors but haven't heard from any. I am worried I won't get any positive response from Mun. I would like to apply to Ottawa, but before I do, pls can someone advice if my CGPA is good for Ottawa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2017
Amen!!!! I receive it.
GREGORIAN:
If you fall under the category of those that haven't got an update from CIC...and your class has already started, dont feel bad, just call ur skool for a deferment stating ur reason...Trust in God and do not lean on anybodies understanding of y cic hasnt sent u an update..at d very zero zero hour it will end in praise....i made a research n found out 80% of those delayed last year around august later got there trv 2nd week of september...6 days after normal skool resumption...so just believe anything can happen...JEHOVAH is the greatest...think positive, say thank you to God for your application to have even stayed this long without a refuse update...what about those that got rejected after a month and few weeks...just believe 4 your aplication to have stayed this long itz a positive sign...attract positivity to your application...it works....remember God is great....trv must hit those that havent got an update b4 2nd week of this month...just be happy God is in Kontrol...CIC they try there best to make tins work 4 us appreciate them e no easy.. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2017
bimbodelebite:
+233302211521,
Thanks my sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2017
Please can you share the number you called on. Thanks
bimbodelebite:
I just called CIC Accra now a man picked and aak me to send a reminder concerning my complain. I did that and waiting on God .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mideyola: 9:42am On Sep 07, 2017
Can you please assist with your SOP, I would like to see how to tackled your points with the intended program despite your 11 years banking experience. I also work with a bank at the moment and I intend to go for Masters in Educational Administration.

Thank you.
Dunna:
…long post alert.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TestimoneyTesti: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks pls how do I start?

Osemigho:

Humbly go for permanent residency through Express Entry if you qualify. Your 3m naira is too small for study without a scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Favouredchild1: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2017
Congratulations!!!! Pls I would like to have a sample of your SOP. Pls kindly send to msdipp01@gmail.com Thank you

Dunna:
…long post alert.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2017
Phocusjosh:

Hello dear,
Writing a GRE to apply for Msc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics at University of Manitoba will increase your chances of been accepted but you don't need to write GRE or GMAT for Msc. Agricultural Economics at University of Saskatchawen. Applications are evaluated based on the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and transcripts.
You can also consider DALHOSIE UNIVERSITY, McGill University, University of British Columbia, University of Alberta, Lethbridge University, and University of Winnipeg.
brilliant Mr Phocus i sight you o. How far with your visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2017
toludadon:
Thanks. Keep me posted or can I send you a pm?
yes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yomcy2016(f): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2017
How sure are you that isnt positive?

Maybe the first thing to ask him was did he do an upfront medicals?

Queenkanbia19:

No it doesn't,get your passport from the vfs and you will find a letter attached stating what went wrong...work on it and then re-apply

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2017
maziude:
To God be the glory...
God is good...

From the horse's mouth...

Profile:
CIC application forms
Upfront medical
Police clearance
SOA of maternal Uncle, closing bal of 50mill(no proof of relationship to mother or myself)
Sponsor letter
Bank Reference letter
My SOP
Certificate of birth
WAEC result
NYSC cert
Statement of result
Data page of intl passport

Thanks to God almighty, Mother of perpetual help, saint Rita (the saint of impossible)

PS: Never give up nor loose hope but Trust in God...

It will end in praises for us all.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2017
Ronke1114:
Hello guys! Been following this thread as a guest. I have a few questions pls.

I have a CGPA of 3.80 in my final two years of study and a FCGPA of 3.53 in civil Engineering. I applied to 3 different schools for my MENG, Windsor, Mun and Waterloo but it was not successful. Windsor said low academic average, Waterloo said they received a lot of applications, while Mun said no available supervisor. I was told by MUN my application will be reconsidered for fall 2018. Tried contacting supervisors but haven't heard from any. I am worried I won't get any positive response from Mun. I would like to apply to Ottawa, but before I do, pls can someone advice if my CGPA is good for Ottawa. Thanks

Your CGPA is good enough. There are a lot of things involved in an application than merely CGPA. Colleges look at a lot of criteria. Your creativity in writing, the substance of your thesis proposal and personal qualities important to success in life: your tenacity, resiliency and thoughtfulness as made evident in your statement of intent and recommendations. So yes my answer is it is possible to get admission in most places with your CGPA, yes even Ottawa is not that hard to get into. It all matters how you dovetail your application to appeal to the admissions committee. Hang in there! Keep pushing the envelope till you succeed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
maziude:

Profile:
CIC application forms
Upfront medical
Police clearance
SOA of maternal Uncle, closing bal of 50mill(no proof of relationship to mother or myself)
Sponsor letter
Bank Reference letter
My SOP
Certificate of birth
WAEC result
NYSC cert
Statement of result

Thanks to God almighty, Mother of perpetual help, saint Rita (the saint of impossible)

Yes ooo! Mama Rita Wonder worker. Congrats. We shall share testimonies too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bambog(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:

We are in the same shoe.. Let's hope for the best. Rules can be bent in our cases. Let's stay hopeful...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bambog(m): 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
yomcy2016:
How sure are you that isnt positive?

Maybe the first thing to ask him was did he do an upfront medicals?

I didnt do upfront medicals and it was manual application. Am in the same shoe... Favour is all we seek
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mightyola: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
maziude:

Profile:
CIC application forms
Upfront medical
Police clearance
Sponsor letter
Bank Reference letter
My SOP
Certificate of birth
WAEC result
NYSC cert
Statement of result

Quick questions

(1)what route, paper or online?
(2)Did your sponsor transfer the money into your account?
(3) what programme did you apply for Msc or ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:
Did you do medical upfront?.... If Yes.. Go get your documents to know your fate because a decision has been made on your application... Positive vibes only

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bambog(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Holyfield1:
Did you do medical upfront?.... If Yes.. Go get your documents to know your fate because a decision has been made on your application... Positive vibes only
postive vibes only

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ronke1114: 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Your CGPA is good enough. There are a lot of things involved in an application than merely CGPA. Colleges look at a lot of criteria. Your creativity in writing, the substance of your thesis proposal and personal qualities important to success in life: your tenacity, resiliency and thoughtfulness as made evident in your statement of intent and recommendations. So yes my answer is it is possible to get admission in most places with your CGPA, yes even Ottawa is not that hard to get into. It all matters how you dovetail your application to appeal to the admissions committee. Hang in there! Keep pushing the envelope till you succeed.
thanks. Pls can you put me through how to write a good statement of intent. This could be why I didn't get in. My email is zedennis@gmail.com thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.