Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828940 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It is not misleading man. If it's required CIC will state clearly and unequivocally to include your TRANSRIPTS. It doesn't state so online on CIC website, only the paper route states that at VAC or some place as a guideline. My point is clearly supported by the fact that many people get their visas without submitting a transcript. Many things are there to suffice that one is a genuine student, not transcripts alone. That said, It is at the individual's discretion whether they want to submit a transcript or their certificate of graduation or both. Everyone has to decide for themselves what maximizes their visa obtaining capacities. Maybe if the guy with less stellar performance never included his transcripts, the VO wouldn't have used it against him to deny him visa.
Hehe. I know say you go won argue but as in my style, here is a snap shot of the lagos visa office instruction as evidence of what i posted.

Also, Kindly note that information required for a study permit as published on CIC's website includes the visa office instruction and it is part of the application package. I have not agreed less that people get their application approved without their transcripts, ofcourse, we have seen such cases here. The point is that transcript is a REQUIREMENT for visa application. That is what i initially pointed out. Whoever choose to do otherwise does so at his/her peril. Also note that VAC do not issue instructions on documents to be submitted, all documents to be submitted are published by CIC and applicants are frequently advised to follow the visa office instructions as well.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 1funn: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
Gurus in the house, is it possible for study visa to be issued after school resumption date if the date of school registration expiration is still a future date, without embassy requesting for new offer letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
lol! it is vfsglobal.com/canada/nigeria or something like that (it is on my biometric slip). What stage did it show when you checked?
abestine:

Check if the site you opened is vfs Canada and not another vfs, the reason why I said that is that, it happened to me few weeks ago, only to discover I was checking vfs south Africa... Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2017
June
willyboss:
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dredre01(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
Please house, hope it isn't too late to submit visa application for January intake by next week?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dredre01:

Austinpee... the boss! Please hope it isn't too late to submit visa application for January intake by next week?
Thanks
No, it is not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

Hehe. I know say you go won argue but as in my style, here is a snap shot of the lagos visa office instruction as evidence of what i posted.

Also, Kindly note that information required for a study permit as published on CIC's website includes the visa office instruction and it is part of the application package. I have not agreed less that people get their application approved without their transcripts, ofcourse, we have seen such cases here. The point is that transcript is a REQUIREMENT for visa application. That is what i initially pointed out. Whoever choose to do otherwise does so at his/her peril. Also note that VAC do not issue instructions on documents to be submitted, all documents to be submitted are published by CIC and applicants are frequently advised to follow the visa office instructions as well.

If the case you insist on making is so set in stone, nobody will be getting approved for visa without submitting his/ her transcripts. Clearly many get their visas without submitting transcripts and the guy you mentioned would have maybe gotten his visa now without submitting his transcript. Why give them what they are gonna use against you? It's all up to you what you want to submit that puts you in best light, not what is going to be used against you. I do that all the time in my profession with success in representing clients. Give out info that puts your clients in the best light, not what is going to be used against them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
mcobex:
@Austinepee4 bro how's everything going so far?
Going well bro. Thanks for asking. Will send you a mail later so we can talk off the thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
Arebo:

@Austinpee4...God bless you, we shall meet someday
Surely. God bless you too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

Plss are you saying for those with low cgpa like 3rdclass hv little chances cos rhis is why most giys dont put up there transcript simce the school already gave dem.admision for most times pg programs... plss enlighten me thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 1funn: 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Gurus in the house, pls is it possible for study visa to be issued after school resumption date if the date of school registration expiration is still a future date, without embassy requesting for new offer letter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If the case you insist on making is so set in stone, nobody will be getting approved for visa without submitting his/ her transcripts. Clearly many get their visas without submitting transcripts and the guy you mentioned would have maybe gotten his visa now without submitting his transcript. Why give them what they are gonna use against you? It's all up to you what you want to submit that puts you in best light, not what is going to be used against you. I do that all the time in my profession with success in representing clients. Give out info that puts your clients in the best light, not what is going to be used against them.

Yes i totally understand this cos imaginr someone with 3rdclass transcript after passinf the hurdles of geeting admited why submit it to requirement for visa plss alot of silent readers here who wana know and who are in this situations... just saying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
Anyone who applied to Concordia University Montreal for winter 2018, pls have you gotten an admission decision from the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by klem93(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
mcobex:
Some schools waive the proof of english language while some don't, so try to look for schools that doesn't ask for the proof and you will be good to go. I think university of Saskatchewan waives that.
God bless boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
dayusin:
Hi gurus . Please does anyone have any idea what this means ??. I still don't know what the final decision is
A decision has been made so refresh and you will see the final decision. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

Going well bro. Thanks for asking. Will send you a mail later so we can talk off the thread.
Ok bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 1funn: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
Gurus in the house, is it possible for study visa to be issued after school resumption date if the date of school registration expiration is still a future date, without embassy requesting for new offer letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
Anybody experience this error below while trying to check on update?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It is not misleading man. If it's required CIC will state clearly and unequivocally to include your TRANSRIPTS. It doesn't state so online on CIC website, only the paper route states that at VAC or some place as a guideline. My point is clearly supported by the fact that many people get their visas without submitting a transcript. Many things are there to suffice that one is a genuine student, not transcripts alone. That said, It is at the individual's discretion whether they want to submit a transcript or their certificate of graduation or both. Everyone has to decide for themselves what maximizes their visa obtaining capacities. Maybe if the guy with less stellar performance never included his transcripts, the VO wouldn't have used it against him to deny him visa.
You argue alot bro. Its a requirement for Lagos Visa office if you are applying. its because you have not applied that's why you have not notice. many people has gotten TRV without submitting transcript but in a case where you have your transcript and you needed to proof to the VO that your previous and intending program are related then you will want to add it.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
To God be the glory...
Passport Request for my personal person.
Applied online May 15th with up front medical.
PPR on 6.9.2017.
First degree: Beng-Elect & elect engr
Intended program: Masters in Biomedical engineering.
No fees paid yet, in fact her sponsor did not even specify the amount of fund he is pledging.
No request for fees by CIC.
Documents:
SOP, results, offer letter, bank statement and CIC forms

God is good...

PS: Babe, you are not exempted from the garri level oh...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2017
poesy:
Hey guys, checking in to say I've landed and settled down in my flat. This country is beautiful - fresh air, greenery and flowers everywhere.

Please o, before you stand in front of the Border Agency people, comot sleep for your eye - you know how the journey can be long plus my flight was delayed on top of 7 hrs layover. I have funding from my school yet when they asked me for proof of payment, I heard myself telling long story of how banks are closed because of public holiday in Nigeria. I was just blabbing. I declared foodstuff but when they asked me what it was, I could not remember! I stared at the guy for a very long time before blurting out "Millet"
"What is millet?" The guy had to turn to his colleagues and ask, "Have you ever heard of millet before?" "Do you mean cassava?"
"It's in the corn family."
"OK, sit down over there and wait for your passport"

Anyway, be ready for contradictions; My landlady was confident enough to leave my house key under the mat yet our garbage bin was stolen.

Please resist the urge to be crossing road sharperly. (iwas seriously tempted until one speeding car came out from nowhere.) PedXings and traffic lights are for your safety.

Wishing everyone well on their way here.
congrats once again.... Please reply my email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
maziude:
To God be the glory...
PPR on 6.9.2017.
No fees paid yet, in fact her sponsor did not even specify the amount of fund he is pledging.
Documents:

God is good...

Congrats, just the news we need ti keep hope alive...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hi guys, anyone with a clue of what's going on with my application. I made an online application, submitted on the 4th, normally study permit fee and biometric fee is together so you pay both before submitting but in my case only study permit fee was on there, no biometric fee. I've called vfs I was told I can't make payment at there office if I applied online. What do I do guys? Anyone with the same issue ?

This is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Only study permit fee stated, no biometric. Normally it shows both. I've submitted my app , but yet to pay for biometric and get it done. Relevant answers pls

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
Osemigho:

I was surprised to see 3 pages in less than 24hrs too. Amazingly, the express entry room is going at rate too. So, I guess Canada is receiving lot of attention.

Anyways, Please dont blow our head with English. Even my American supervisor doesn't speak all these big words.

Anyway, my school has resumed but classes haven't started. I already have multiple textbooks to read and 2 classes to register for. So, I may have to take a humble bow soon too.

How far with your visa application?

Good evening please I sent a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
wealth360:
You argue alot bro. Its a requirement for Lagos Visa office if you are applying. its because you have not applied that's why you have not notice. many people has gotten TRV without submitting transcript but in a case where you have your transcript and you needed to proof to the VO that your previous and intending program are related then you will want to add it.

I am not going to be arguing stuff I don't know bro. Who says I haven't applied? I applied in Abuja and nobody asked me for a transcript so I didn't submit. I graduated first class honors, yet I didn't include my transcript because my school sent me official one and it's taking forever to reach Nigeria. I couldn't wait in perpetuity. I would not be the first person to do so. Another first class guy on this NL even beat me plenty. Not only did he not enclose transcript, he did not enclose SOP. Lol. And he got visa in four weeks. Go figure. The more you think you know, CIC will surprise you. Anyways do what is in your best interest. Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I am not going to be arguing stuff I don't know bro. Who says I haven't applied? I applied in Abuja and nobody asked me for a transcript so I didn't submit. I graduated first class honors, yet I didn't include my transcript because my school sent me official one and it's taking forever to reach Nigeria. I couldn't wait in perpetuity. I would not be the first person to do so. Another first class guy on this NL even beat me plenty. Not only did he not enclose transcript, he did not enclose SOP. Lol. And he got visa in four weeks. Go figure. The more you think you know, CIC will surprise you. Anyways do what is in your best interest. Best wishes.

Bros jnyuwa02. ..you have start again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Bros not everyone lile has first class and not everyone transcript will bring them quick favour like you... i get you bro but your submission is subjective
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
Abeg nah encouragement and good news of TRV approval we need at this time not arguments...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
abestine:
Anybody experience this error below while trying to check on update?

Experiencing same error here too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
Wow congrats .i claim the same in Jesus name.Submited 17may 2017.
maziude:
To God be the glory...
PPR on 6.9.2017.
Documents:

God is good...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
My bro same here since may17 2017.hope i will get both biometric letter and ppr together.but i will advice you mail them Asap.
Miles490:
Hi guys, anyone with a clue of what's going on with my application. I made an online application, submitted on the 4th, normally study permit fee and biometric fee is together so you pay both before submitting but in my case only study permit fee was on there, no biometric fee. I've called vfs I was told I can't make payment at there office if I applied online. What do I do guys? Anyone with the same issue ?

This is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Only study permit fee stated, no biometric. Normally it shows both. I've submitted my app , but yet to pay for biometric and get it done. Relevant answers pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.