Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,279 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828914 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
Oh really? Glad I'm not the only one I was thinking it's Perculiar to me. I have mailed them today, I'm still waiting for a response. How about you? Mailed them yet? Any response?

bimbodelebite:
My bro same here since may17 2017.hope i will get both biometric letter and ppr together.but i will advice you mail them Asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
IFY200:

Bros jnyuwa02. ..you have start again

Lol. It's me again ooh. Sounding the clarion call from the mountains of Plateau. It shall end in praise have no fear man. It's not blind devotion to rules that cuts it. God is in absolute control and works everything according to his purposes.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arccangel(f): 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hey guys . please is it too late to apply for my study permit against winter session for January in October? Please I need an urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Obinoscopy(m): 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Sirjp:
Please is it possible for my passport to have arrived the vfs without receiving mail to come nd collect??

Stuff has been dispatched sinx 22nd....nawa for dese pple oooo
Having similar issue. Sent in my application a long time ago but didn't get any mail from vfs. I called the embassy and they said they had dispatched it last week! Thinking of going to vfs tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congratulations to her.
Is she resuming this Fall?
maziude:
To God be the glory...
Passport Request for my personal person.
Applied online May 15th with up front medical.
PPR on 6.9.2017.
First degree: Beng-Elect & elect engr
Intended program: Masters in Biomedical engineering.
No fees paid yet, in fact her sponsor did not even specify the amount of fund he is pledging.
No request for fees by CIC.
Documents:
SOP, results, offer letter, bank statement and CIC forms

God is good...

PS: Babe, you are not exempted from the garri level oh...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 9:02pm On Sep 06, 2017
Perhaps the site is being updated
Abiodunne:

Experiencing same error here too.
When did cic start your eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
Mailed them last week and this morning again,hope u are going for winter semester?
Miles490:

Oh really? Glad I'm not the only one I was thinking it's Perculiar to me. I have mailed them today, I'm still waiting for a response. How about you? Mailed them yet? Any response?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
willyboss:
Congratulations to her.
Is she resuming this Fall?

Yes boss...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
Dredre01:
Please house, hope it isn't too late to submit visa application for January intake by next week?
Thanks

its not too late infact you are an early bird

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
1funn:
Gurus in the house, is it possible for study visa to be issued after school resumption date if the date of school registration expiration is still a future date, without embassy requesting for new offer letter?
Kindly note that resumption date and late registration date are two different things. CIC most times use the late registration date on the offer later. Once this date has passed, they most likely will request for a new offer letter. So yes, a study permit can be approved after the resumption date but there is high likelyhood they will request for a new offer letter after the last registration date has passed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I am not going to be arguing stuff I don't know bro. Who says I haven't applied? I applied in Abuja and nobody asked me for a transcript so I didn't submit. I graduated first class honors, yet I didn't include my transcript because my school sent me official one and it's taking forever to reach Nigeria. I couldn't wait in perpetuity. I would not be the first person to do so. Another first class guy on this NL even beat me plenty. Not only did he not enclose transcript, he did not enclose SOP. Lol. And he got visa in four weeks. Go figure. The more you think you know, CIC will surprise you. Anyways do what is in your best interest. Best wishes.

All this explanation does not change the fact that transcript is a requirement, if you decide to break rules and it works for then good for you. But lets not dish out wrong information because of newbies and silent followers

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
toludadon:
Anyone who applied to Concordia University Montreal for winter 2018, pls have you gotten an admission decision from the school?
Nope, mailed them but no response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
MY Observation
1) Know your true motive for traveling, if you don't really have a concrete basis you may really just end up in circles

2) Pick your school on time sayy 6 months before processing. Your admission letter could take a while. Make sure you've many options and alternatives. Utilize your google, ask people.

3) Compare the school fees and see which is better tailored for you. (I think manitoba has the cheapest schools but the cold na die)

4) Make sure you've the available fundings. Really this is where we shoot ourselves in the leg. When we don't have enough money and we want to school abroad. Canada reqs JUST MIN of CAD10k for one person and CAD13k for 2 people asides your school fees of which you must be able to prove you will afford your school fees. You can pay half but Quebec is a little high. All are entailed in the cic site. Step by step guide for application.

5) Write a professional exam, get certified in your field it betters your chances. Ietls or toefl

6) Apply; if paper route please avoid any ink on paper, rumpled sheet, poorly printed documents they will delay you.

7) List all your docs in order. Wat dey really want to know is if you will be at loss if you run to canada that's why they check your assets. They check your bank statements(doesn't necessarily matter but they know you 'gidi gahn'. Make background checks, with your police cert. Make sure all the docs they enlist for you are complete.

cool Commit everything to God.

9) Submit up to 5mnths into your resumption. Try to avoid september. Its a go-slow

10) Never compare your application with anybody. Really, everybody has different VOs. Yours may be lazy, he may like her picture :p and she may be the hardworking type. All different with different timelines. But they never pass 3mnths.

11) Take time during the wait to put things in order. Do your things normally, hypertension na bastard. Set your faith and let nothing disturb you. Don't cast your self too much. If visa neva click no go dey cast for everybody o. If you keep faith I promise God will answer you.

12) Do NOT disturb the VO they get irritated easily.
13)While you are waiting for your TRV, try do the right thing so there will be a good reason for God to answer your prayer...some trv applicants after they receive a medical call, they allow the devil to start using them..
all in the name of happiness...keep yourself in holy act and good conduct till you receive your visa and after you receive your TRV...some get refused because after medical mail displays update pass they start illicit act..
forgetting thats even when real prayer starts...Canada is for those that believe and trust in God even when tins seems not right..if you observe those that believe even after been refused canadian visa 5 times they still
get there TRv on the 6th application...y? because they believe...

14) If you get your TRV approved try to keep to your SOP, so you dont make the road too difficult for your other Nigerians with a very good intention.

15) maintain a good attitude while you are in canada as a Nigerian, so those planning to apply or re-apply for 2018 will be successful like you, love your brother by doing this, because if you dont you will be so shocked after
your canadian study permit expires, application for study permit extention will be so difficult for you..take note

*** Signs That you safe at that point in time. Medical call up, a month or 2 after your medicals no denial letter, all I know is if they would deny you on a usual period it won't take long at all. But September is the most volatile. Anything can happen, your app may switch from VOs to VOs. So just pray and keep calm.

TRUST GOD HE'LL ALWAYS BE THERE....BECAUSE JEHOVAH GOD IS THE MOST RUGGED

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
tommee:

All this explanation does not change the fact that transcript is a requirement, if you decide to break rules and it works for then good for you. But lets not dish out wrong information because of newbies and silent followers

Not wrong information man. If it was wrong and breaking rules, explain why people get visa who never submitted transcript? You mean CIC is rewarding the breaking of its own rules? Certainly not!! I am done talking about this. You will believe what you want to even with a long line of precedent that proves you to the contrary. Anyways have a nice night.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
Vickenny:
Hello, please i would like to apply to University of Saskatchewan and University of Manitoba for MSC in Agric Economics (Research based). Have done my findings and those are the two schools that best fit my course. My CGPA is 3.63/5 although I think for the last two years it is more because I sent my result to University of Saskatchewan, it was rated 77%. My question now is do you think I should write a GMAT to increase my chances of getting an admission especially to Manitoba? Thank you
Hello dear,
Writing a GRE to apply for Msc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics at University of Manitoba will increase your chances of been accepted but you don't need to write GRE or GMAT for Msc. Agricultural Economics at University of Saskatchawen. Applications are evaluated based on the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and transcripts.
You can also consider DALHOSIE UNIVERSITY, McGill University, University of British Columbia, University of Alberta, Lethbridge University, and University of Winnipeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house,
Please, where is the VFS located in Lagos for Biometrics. I submitted my online application today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house,
Please, where is the VFS located in Lagos for Biometrics. I submitted my online application today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ogheneese07: 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house,

I am applying for my study permit by the third week of this month. I intend on doing upfront medicals. Please when is the best time to go for medicals ? I plan on doing it next week, is that late ? How long will it take before it will be ready.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
Arccangel:
Hey guys . please is it too late to apply for my study permit against winter session for January in October? Please I need an urgent reply

Not too late, now that the fall entrants have left, the window to file application and get an answer (processing time), will only dwindle. So you are good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 12:15am On Sep 07, 2017
maziude:
To God be the glory...
Passport Request for my personal person.
Applied online May 15th with up front medical.
PPR on 6.9.2017.
First degree: Beng-Elect & elect engr
Intended program: Masters in Biomedical engineering.
No fees paid yet, in fact her sponsor did not even specify the amount of fund he is pledging.
No request for fees by CIC.
Documents:
SOP, results, offer letter, bank statement and CIC forms

God is good...

PS: Babe, you are not exempted from the garri level oh...

Congrats! Pls what did u fill for funds available? And what's the soa u submitted amount?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dunna: 12:17am On Sep 07, 2017
…long post alert.

Approval! Approval!! Approval!!!

I have been a silent member of this house. I actually decided publish this to encourage someone and to answer some questions with my application. I submitted my application before discovering this forum, but have actually learnt from other people experiences.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Intended program: PhD Chemistry

Work/current activity: Managerial position in the banking sector (11 years core banking experience till date)

Application: (online)

1-      Study permit (mine) -30th April 17

3-Visitors permit (my 3 kids-less than 6 yrs) -30th April 17

1-      Work permit (my wife) -30th April 17

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Other Scholarship funding -32kUSD

Funding from school – 20kCAD

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

Other documents in addition to cic docs

Wife’s BSc/MSc certificates

Birth certificates for 5 of us

My landed property document (not valued)….but in the city

Letters of introduction from our offices

7 journal publications in Chemistry intl journals (stated in my CV)

CV

SOP..(written  myself) –sample available on request!

Other certifications…ACCA, computer etc

Timeline

30th April-App submitted (online)

Upfront medical

20 July – request for proof of school fees payment and funds for living expenses and assurance letter from bank of being able to export funds due to restriction by CBN (submitted my own soa this time of 3.5m and award letter from school)

Aug 22-review of eligibility

27th Aug-call for medical (even after doing upfront medical-attached the e-medical form and sent to accra email)

4th Sept-Medical updated –passed

6th Sept- Request for original passport for all my application (1 study, 3 visitors, 1 work)

To God alone be all the glory. Though tightly busy, I will be willing to answer some questions in this regard and wish every other TRV hopefuls quick and favourable response from CiC. Merci!

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 1funn: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2017
Austinpee4:

Kindly note that resumption date and late registration date are two different things. CIC most times use the late registration date on the offer later. Once this date has passed, they most likely will request for a new offer letter. So yes, a study permit can be approved after the resumption date but there is high likelyhood they will request for a new offer letter after the last registration date has passed.

Thank you Bro. Quite clear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 12:28am On Sep 07, 2017
Dunna:
…long post alert.

I have been a silent member of this house. I actually decided publish this to encourage someone and to answer some questions with my application. I submitted my application before discovering this forum, but have actually learnt from other people experiences.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Work/current activity: Managerial position in the banking sector (11 years core banking experience till date)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

20 July – request for proof of school fees payment and funds for living expenses and assurance letter from bank of being able to export funds due to restriction by CBN (submitted my own soa this time of 3.5m and award letter from school)

27th Aug-call for medical (even after doing upfront medical-attached the e-medical form and sent to accra email)

6th Sept- Request for original passport for all my application (1 study, 3 visitors, 1 work)

To God alone be all the glory. Though tightly busy, I will be willing to answer some questions in this regard and wish every other TRV hopefuls quick and favourable response from CiC. Merci!

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 12:30am On Sep 07, 2017
Dunna:
…long post alert.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

Congrats! Please can I ve a sample of d SOP? ayonet2001@yahoo.com thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:36am On Sep 07, 2017
Dunna:
…long post alert.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

Congratulations!!! SOP..(written  myself) –sample available on request!, don't know how to send personal messages, please do forward the SOP sample to Jeremiaharebo2017@yahoo.com; Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 12:38am On Sep 07, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2017
lanrayx:
Nope, mailed them but no response.
Thanks. Keep me posted or can I send you a pm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 1:49am On Sep 07, 2017
Dunna:
…long post alert.

Profile:

BSc, MSc (Chemistry)

Financials

My Childs soa -6m

Pensions soa-5m

TA position awarded

CV

Timeline

Upfront medical

Congratulations...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 4:00am On Sep 07, 2017
glam4444:
Please and please..
Any human going to Niagara college welland campus dat needs housing should contact me.
Itx lonely here
Female Biko
Ayaaaaaa.. Be strong dear. Mingle and tangle okay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 07, 2017
Arebo:

I am a nurse with Bsc & RN, unfortunately masters In nursing is not open to international applicants, only certificate courses, so you can do further findings, I have sent mails to schools & they insisted one has to be licensed as a nurse in a province in Canada to be able to opt for masters, not sure the VOs are aware though, yet to get my note though, so I can't say if I was refused based on choosing certificate course.
Have you tried University of Manitoba or express entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 4:42am On Sep 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I am not going to be arguing stuff I don't know bro. Who says I haven't applied? I applied in Abuja and nobody asked me for a transcript so I didn't submit. I graduated first class honors, yet I didn't include my transcript because my school sent me official one and it's taking forever to reach Nigeria. I couldn't wait in perpetuity. I would not be the first person to do so. Another first class guy on this NL even beat me plenty. Not only did he not enclose transcript, he did not enclose SOP. Lol. And he got visa in four weeks. Go figure. The more you think you know, CIC will surprise you. Anyways do what is in your best interest. Best wishes.
Bobo no be fight. okay cos I can sense the aggressiveness in you as you reply. all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 5:14am On Sep 07, 2017
thesoj:

1. Keep your uncle as sponsor (different last name doesn't matter, you will show proof using birth certificates showing he and your mom share the same parents). He pays one year of tuition to your school, and then transfers one year living expenses funds to your dom account. Attach all this proof and present to VO. In addition, your uncle would explain all this in his sponsorship letter as evidence of his willingness to sponsor you.

2. A transfer from your uncle to your mom's account will show up as a lump sum. How will you/she explain this to the VO? Also it's best to transfer to a dom account (GBP, since your uncle's funds are in this currency) so you don't lose money due to the continuous devaluation of the Naira (and something called "buy-sell spread": basically you lose money if you go from GBP to NGN and back to GBP even if on same day).

3. For home ties, in my view a study leave letter is not in itself a very credible home tie. Think about it, why would an employer hold a job for you unless you have an extraordinarily special skill that isn't present in the Nigerian labor force? I'm not saying you shouldn't include a study leave letter, I'm saying that you need to also present other home ties (e.g. credible plans on what you plan to use your Canada educational skills to build/develop when you come back to Nigeria... be as specific and clear as possible.)

Bro, this is an update.

My Uncle that is to act as d sponsor said he can act as my sponsor, but he cannot afford to spend raw cash now for the payment of tuition fees and transfer of fund to my acct, though his account statement is healthy based on inflow and outflow including balance as all are in Pounds.

Pls how do I go about this. Should I still use him as sponsor? Owing to the fact that his acct statement is healthy but he cannot spare d raw cash of tuition payment at the moment. But he has landed properties in U.K

Also I planned sourcing fund externally from friends to pay the fees, but my uncle will cite it that he did the payment.

Gurus kindly comment on d best path.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.