Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826490 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
bbclue:

Nawa oooo even me that didn't pay for tuition fee only one the first box was tick..................and purpose of visit

It is well....they just had to tick something because my sponsor is my sister, a medical consultant with 17m balance....Life goes on

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
vanod:

I'm in PH I just received my passport from UPS today,don't bother just show him your passport bio data if he request for it but i doubt if he will ask all those things.
Thanks boss. How long did it take to get to you from decision date pleaseeeeeeeee My case is exactly like yours cos am in Warri.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
vanod:

I'm in PH I just received my passport from UPS today,don't bother just show him your passport bio data if he request for it but i doubt if he will ask all those things.
Thanks boss. How long did it take to get to you from decision date pleaseeeeeeeee My case is exactly like yours cos am in Warri
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
samjumbo:

Thanks boss. How long did it take to get to you from decision date pleaseeeeeeeee My case is exactly like yours cos am in Warri

Decision was made on the 26th of august, approximately 12 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by seyiT: 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
Jaau:
My profile ,

I was refused in 2016 based on insufficient funds :
Reasons ticked : funds to transport my self to Canada and funds for living expenses .

I knew how to tackle these but I still got my GCMS notes just so I know the VO's tot process .

Applied : May 14th ,upfront medicals :

Medical changed to pass :24 th Aug and they started to review eligibility .

Application approved / passport request .7th Sept 2017 .(after two reminder mails )

Docs: submitted

1.All cic forms
2.school fees print out paid two years tuition .(27k CAD)
3 .my birth certificate and that of my sister ,I added her marriage certificate as her hubby is my sponsor (this was not in my first application ).
4.Sponsors affidavit of support.
5 .Sponsor transferred 2.5mm to my account (added his bank statement and mine) .
6.My sis bank statement(26 k CAD) savings ,she's in Canada by the way and in my SOP I stated that I had the option to stay with her .(accommodation sorted ).
7.All my employment documents ,salary increase and pay slips .
8.My house document .(Gift from my late dad.)
9.Sponsors employment documents and pay slips and in his letter he stated how much I mean to him .
10.My pension statement and Family picture of my sis and the hubby with me and kids in it .(this was to emphasize the relationship as basically I knew the VO doubted the relationship in my 2016 app )
10. Lots of prayers and trusting in God .

I am going to hang around this tread,feel free to reach out to me if you need clarification ,and I am willing to assist anyone as much as I can .

Mary Mother of perpetual help .pray for us .

If you have submitted your passport, please what did you take to the VAC in order to submit your passport. Did you pay any service charge?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Arebo:

It is well....they just had to tick something because my sponsor is my sister, a medical consultant with 17m balance....Life goes on

I had 17.4m sponsor is my father with properties and shares worth millions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
seyiT:

If you have submitted your passport, please what did you take to the VAC in order to submit your passport. Did you pay any service charge?

Take the letter sent to you by CIC to the vfs office. Moreover, check vfs lagos website, there is an instruction on what to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
afehin71:

I had 17.4m sponsor is my father with properties and shares worth millions

Nawa ooooo na them no.....am waiting for my gcmsnote let me see what is there final conclusion..before I summit next month ending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello everyone, I got my passport today & was refused based on just finances, the three boxes ticked, even though I paid 1st semester tuition, my question now is, I am confused, if I get to tackle finances, hope there is no possibility of getting denied again based on another reason or I should just end canadian dream on this note because the emotional trauma isn't here.NB: I am a nurse, applied for Pgc in a nursing related course,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
Lool
McOsheBaba:

Yes oh! Thank you for the ROOT! God will make it germinate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Bambog:

Please can you forward SOP to my mail too bambog@rocketmail.com i got a refusal too
please help me forward the SOP too. my email is ugochukwuferdinand@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Arebo:
Hello everyone, I got my passport today & was refused based on just finances, the three boxes ticked, even though I paid 1st semester tuition, my question now is, I am confused, if I get to tackle finances, hope there is no possibility of getting denied again based on another reason or I should just end canadian dream on this note because the emotional trauma isn't here.NB: I am a nurse, applied for Pgc in a nursing related course,
professional colleague is well. repackage and refire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Arebo:

My advice to you.

How many years of nursing experience do you have including NYSC?

If up to three, have you ever heard of the Canadian federal skilled worker program via express entry?

There's a thread for it, if you follow the rules, and do what is expected, in six months, you can become a Canadian PR.

Before leaving Nigeria, you apply for the accelerated degree/RN program with University of Calgary or University of Alberta.

You would be paying little as a PR, compared to what you want to pay now.

In two years, you become a RN, go for any specialization you want, and by the end of the third y, you become a Canadian citizen.

My sincere thoughts, it would be hard to get your visa for PGC nursing from AVO.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
yese001:

Hello Boss,

Congratulations on your TRV approval. It takes a lot of courage and determination to get through with this. I believe all other TRV applicants will be perfected.

I just have a brief question based on your admission. You mentioned applying for a PhD programme but you were given a Masters' degree in U of M due to some core courses completion in epidemiology.
Bearing in mind having a masters degree before, how were you able to relate this to the Visa Officer? Was there need to show any proof?
Also, could this have contributed to your first TRV delay? (purpose of visit)

I am sorry for the long post, just inquisitive. Also, this may help one or two people on this thread.

P.s: The Guru's can also help with contributions.
Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in response, it contributed to my denial in my first application because I was trying to conceal that I applied for PhD and was given a MSC admission.

But I read somewhere here that one should come out plain and explain everything in detail to the Visa officer using a letter of explanation. That was why I wrote an explanation letter stating how I applied for PhD but was given an MSc Admission as a result of my background which is statistics. I have also contacted my course advisor for list of courses to register, so I included the courses which are epidemiology core courses that I will be doing as evidence and ask them to contact the departmental coordinator if they need to verify it.

Also I added that my previous masters was master of technology M.Tech in statistics which has prepared in theoretical and computational statistics, a tool widely used in biostatistics option that I am going for.

That's all I did, and God granted me favour

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
victory2017:

Hello boss,

Did you send the mail to CIC using your registered email you submitted to them for correspondence.

Also l PM you, kindly reply.

Thanks

Yes sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
VickyRotex:

I don't know maybe the duration of your Faculty's processing differs as well. It's just being about a month which I believe is still fine.
So, Good advice will be to reach out to the Program advisor/Coordinator or the staff you've been in contact with in your department.

thanks for the advice, I reached out and i got a response today ... that is quite worrisome considering the processing time of visa and CAQ, attached below is the mail i received.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hamzalan:
I have been silent reader for quite a while, and this forum has been so impressive. Kudos to those who have had successful application and still have time to reach out and those who share there experience. I have gained a lot. It high time I present my case.

BSc. Information Technology with 4.46 CGPA
MSc. Computer Science with PhD grade (above 5.0 CPGA)
Looking forward to PhD in Computer Science (Machine Learning, Networking or Bioinformatics).

Dont have good finance and looking for a waiver or scholarship. Also have realize I don't have a good home tie either cos I'm single and don't have a property, though I'm currently working as a software Developer. My sponsor will be willing to share account detail, but not funding.
Have not made any application yet cos my MSc result will not be available till October or November. I will welcome advice on which direction, I should be heading. Once again your invaluable contribution will be immensely appreciated.

Hello Boss,

Sorry, I just saw this now. Thank you @guzenaira for showing me this.

You have awesome grades going by what you posted and your research interests are great.

Do you have any publications? Just asking though.

With this profile above, you should get admitted with adequate funding.

My suggestions are:

1) This websites below are for PhD in statistical Machine learning. The first one is for one of the professionals in statistical Machine learning and the second one is for the programme details.
a) https://sites.ualberta.ca/~szepesva/SML/
b) https://www.ualberta.ca/computing-science/graduate-studies/programs-and-admissions/statistical-machine-learning

2) Google search MUN Canada and go to the computing page. They also have professors whose research interest align with yours.

3) Simon fraser University, computing department also have professors who have similar research interest too.

4) University of Ottawa, Computer science department, also have too.

The above are just snippets and it is based on a general research interest in computer sciences.

I would advice you streamline your interest if you have not done that yet. When you are set, go to the webpages of individual professors in this school and check out that which closely relates to your interests and contact them.

Now, most schools might not require you to contact supervisors, but for PhD, it is advisable because, you will only be admitted if there is someone available to supervise you and fund you.

Every PhD candidate for Computer Sciences, get one form of funding or the other which is dependent on your grade and the research lab you are joining(Research lab in the sense that most labs get funding, so you might be funded through the labs too).

So fear not, when you apply and get admitted, you will get funding. It comes automatically with your admission (This for Computing sciences/ engineering though).

And if you have any doubt if it would work, well trust GOD to come through for you.

Just as a side note, my interests also align with yours (Deep Learning, bioinformatics and crowd sensing) but I ain't a professor sha.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Mazi

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
prettytolar:

I also thought of that, but she's a strict type.
Don't think she can accept to do that.
Hello, I sent u a PM.. It's about Uniben transcript processing.. Pls if u don't mind.. I will need ur contact. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abeolas: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
maziude:
To God be the glory...
Passport Request for my personal person.
Applied online May 15th with up front medical.
PPR on 6.9.2017.
First degree: Beng-Elect & elect engr
Intended program: Masters in Biomedical engineering.
No fees paid yet, in fact her sponsor did not even specify the amount of fund he is pledging.
No request for fees by CIC.
Documents:
SOP, results, offer letter, bank statement and CIC forms

God is good...

PS: Babe, you are not exempted from the garri level oh...

Wow! Congrats to you and your personal person.... Smiles
Boss, please can I know the school she applied to because I intend applying for that same course.... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abeolas: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
maziude:
To God be the glory...
Passport Request for my personal person.
Applied online May 15th with up front medical.
PPR on 6.9.2017.
First degree: Beng-Elect & elect engr
Intended program: Masters in Biomedical engineering.
No fees paid yet, in fact her sponsor did not even specify the amount of fund he is pledging.
No request for fees by CIC.
Documents:
SOP, results, offer letter, bank statement and CIC forms

God is good...

PS: Babe, you are not exempted from the garri level oh...

Boss, please can I know the school she applied to because I intend applying for that same course.... Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petersomond: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello House,
Advice me!

I am male, about 47yrs old. With Bacherlor and then Masters degree earned 4yrs ago. With work experience in Mechanical Maintenance Technician spanning about 15yrs. Am on Self sponsor, though will get a company letter and 1yr leave of absence with Basic pay on term of my coming back to Naija after the course or it be deducted from my terminal benefit. its a 1yr program.

Now I've gotten the admission into the Canadian College to Read "Turbine Technician Course" This is the only route to earn the Certification for this Turbine Technician.

Hope am clear?

Now Question: At my age and with the masters degree, will it pose question/challenge, like: why am i going back to college again? Do I have reason to be worried because am too old?
Another third party certification that this institution certificate is the prerequisite is the main purpose of my seeking this training or course, but the name of the final third party certification is not showing in the admission letter, but simply only as : Turbine Technician Certificate program. Its with O'Levels as criteria for admission.

How do people overcome denial due to matured age like mine that's not going for PHD or say; with a possession of higher degrees like this

How do I prepare and present my application/documents, please?

Help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
abeolas:

Boss, please can I know the school she applied to because I intend applying for that same course.... Thank you

Uottawa boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
GlitteringStar:

I'm usually a host like no other (top notch)....I await your visit. Who knows sef, you might be the first to host me in Ottawa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kosb: 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
seyiT:
House, I have two quick questions. For those that followed online route whose application were recently approved, did you need to pay any service fee to submit your passport at the VAC in Lagos? What did you take along to the VAC besides your passport?

A friend helped me submit mine. He only submitted the passport, the passport request letter and the consent form. He was told it will be returned to the VAC office in 5-8 days time

Service fee is applicable when you are using courier services or paying for passport transmission (say, moving from Abuja VAC to Lagos VAC). The consent form, when you are using a representative. See below from VFS website

If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, your passport along with the request letter may be submitted through the Canada Visa Application Centre.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from IRCC
Any applicable visa application center (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees/ or self-addressed prepaid courier envelope etc.
Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
The VAC consent forms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
kosb:

I wish you safe trip to Canny land. Go and triumph. kiss wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 09, 2017
Good evening house, I was considering going for masters but I only found about 2-3 Canadian universities that considered minimum second class lower from UK universities (Manitoba & western I remember off my head, please if anyone knows anymore let me know) I'm putting my admission application together to submit to those two.
Hopefully I get accepted to one.
I am also looking to do a second degree in a totally unrelated field of my first degree (science) I want to do human resource management for a second degree if I'm not able to get a masters place. Please does anyone know anything about the process for visa application, if it would be a problem that I'm doing a second degree to the VO, just want to be well informed before jumping into anything, any help would be nice please.
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 12:04am On Sep 09, 2017
petersomond:
Hello House,
Advice me!

I am male, about 47yrs old. With Bacherlor and then Masters degree earned 4yrs ago. With work experience in Mechanical Maintenance Technician spanning about 15yrs. Am on Self sponsor, though will get a company letter and 1yr leave of absence with Basic pay on term of my coming back to Naija after the course or it be deducted from my terminal benefit. its a 1yr program.

Now I've gotten the admission into the Canadian College to Read "Turbine Technician Course" This is the only route to earn the Certification for this Turbine Technician.

Hope am clear?

Now Question: At my age and with the masters degree, will it pose question/challenge, like: why am i going back to college again? Do I have reason to be worried because am too old?
Another third party certification that this institution certificate is the prerequisite is the main purpose of my seeking this training or course, but the name of the final third party certification is not showing in the admission letter, but simply only as : Turbine Technician Certificate program. Its with O'Levels as criteria for admission.

How do people overcome denial due to matured age like mine that's not going for PHD or say; with a possession of higher degrees like this

How do I prepare and present my application/documents, please?

Help

Sincerely sir,

The number one reason will be purpose of visit.

Try PHD or Express Entry. i cant really say much about this case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 12:05am On Sep 09, 2017
Arebo:
Just picked up my passport, just all 3 boxes of finances were ticked, paid CAD7000+ though for first semester tuition, it is well....
Kai! So sorry dear. Pls do not be discouraged, it's one of those things. Just order bros GCMS and follow up Nairaland. It will get better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 12:10am On Sep 09, 2017
Mikky4canny:
@wealth360 this is the updated list..welcome back..I hope I tried in ur absence.
Please when will Winter list surface?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:41am On Sep 09, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Kai! So sorry dear. Pls do not be discouraged, it's one of those things. Just order bros GCMS and follow up Nairaland. It will get better.

Amen....Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bxcode(m): 2:32am On Sep 09, 2017
kosb:

You are welcome! I have just for IELTS... will share them now.
Please kindly help me with the materials.....Agoziemax@yahoo.com.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Seyitorl: 2:36am On Sep 09, 2017
I am sorry for the long post

I have tried getting into a masters(m.ed) programme(early childhood education)but was told i cant because my major isnt education.i have a b.sc im mass communication. I have googled pgd ,But most are undergraduate diploma (both in colleges and univrersity)which will give me a transfer into a b.sc in early childhood education .While some are not for international students.The(1year) accelerated /fast will still give me a bsc.degree .the closest i could get is a post baccaleaurete (16months)which will give me a b.sc after completion and and a masters after that.(comfirmed from the university).i intend to go for the last option.(postbacc).but my question is: is it convincing enough to say i intend to get another bachelors since i havent any foundation/theorectical background in education? Secondly:can such defence work in the case of an undergraduate diploma.(i still prefer a college its cheaper and i found a 16month diploma program in a college that has two similar course i took in my undergraudte days studying mass communication).Thirdly : does my sponsor have to have all the tuition cost for diploma and masters in her acct as i intend explain further in my sop that i will be applying for my masters after the post bacc. in my mid 30's.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.