Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826427 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 11, 2017
maziude:
Hello guys,

Most times, your supervisor MIGHT assign papers to you to read or you might have to get it yourself. To do this you need to search databases related to your research area. I am only aware of Springer (http://www.springer.com/us/), ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com/), IEEE (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp), Elsevier (http://www.sciencedirect.com/) and the famous google scholar (http://scholar.google.ca/). In most cases, your university have access to this databases as such downloading journals from these databases are free and readily available. But remember to reference them.

For life sciences https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 1:21am On Sep 11, 2017
thesoj:
Well good point. I am not implying that there is any such requirement. I don't mean to cause confusion, I don't think a VO would automatically deny in that scenario. I meant that one shouldn't raise a VO's suspicions, especially if the VO is already likely to be skeptical about the sponsor.

Thanks for shedding light, I understand your point perfectly, it's quite hard to get such huge amounts once from sponsors, you know how it works, talking about this so that people that are planning to reapply can know how to tackle insufficient funds...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VickyRotex(f): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2017
lanrayx:

thanks for the advice, I reached out and i got a response today ... that is quite worrisome considering the processing time of visa and CAQ, attached below is the mail i received.
Oh wow. That's surprising though. Even more surprising is the deadline for an international application. But like I earlier mentioned, I think the Faculty you applied to, is just quite different and I honestly do not know why.
I'll just say relax, they'd get back to you. The only thing you may have to do is to defer to probably Summer (If the course is available in Summer) or who knows, your TRV may even come before the end of December. It just means that once you receive your admission, you need to apply for your TRV immediately. So I'd advise you start putting one or two documents together. It's gonna be fine.

So just keep Faith Alive. All the best! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 7:30am On Sep 11, 2017
If the said amount is from the sale of a property, or any other means, you will need to show documented evidence.

Arebo:

What if the sponsor has other means of income?? So it must show that the money was transfered from the sponsor's account for VOs to approve?? I need to get this straight.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2017
Good morning house, in the light of tackling insufficient funds, for the dormiciliary account needed with 10k deposit, can one open the account & make the deposit immediately or open for a few days & deposit later, which is better & hope putting the amount close to reapplying date won't raise any suspicion?? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GreatMikymiko: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2017
MIKYMIKO RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallo Folks,

I am Mikymiko, it's nice to see you all (both old and new members). I remember how we started and along the line, i diverted to another track after i sensed some errors from Accra which was followed with series of appeals after which they asked me to reapply but I continue to apply strategic silence with them.

I am here to tell you all that Mikymiko is with you all and we all must keep pushing and be persistent as God will answer us our prayers.

I am happy here as I write to you all from my address in Germany where i am studying my master's, but the fact remain that we must never give up.

It's time we must continue to forge ahead as we accomplish our maple land dream.

God is with us.

I wish all the best of success and i also advice all to make Germany second choice as i learnt it's easier finding your tentacles from here and Germany is also beautiful place to study and live once you can learn deutsch. Please i am not trying to discourage anyone but to emphasis on the importance of keep moving.

May God bless us all in this journey.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rolandy22: 8:48am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=jnyuwa02 post=60329933]

I would have loved to see you accepted LLM. Your path for a visa would have been easier. PGD makes your path more treacherous but not impossible. My advise going forward is to work on producing a very powerful Statement of Explanation SOE (why do people here call it SOP?) on how you arrived on applying for PGD and your excitement on how this program can help you achieve you future personal goals and those of your nation.[/quote

Wow....thanks for the reply, i noticed many people here were rejected TRV for mismatch of course of study like you said......but would it be better if i apply for a Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice....would it be preferrable...urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rolandy22: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I would have loved to see you accepted LLM. Your path for a visa would have been easier. PGD makes your path more treacherous but not impossible. My advise going forward is to work on producing a very powerful Statement of Explanation SOE (why do people here call it SOP?) on how you arrived on applying for PGD and your excitement on how this program can help you achieve you future personal goals and those of your nation.

Wow....thanks for the reply, i noticed many people here were rejected TRV for mismatch of course of study like you said......but would it be better if i apply for a Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice....would it be preferrable...urgent reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Hierarchybush: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2017
maziude:
Hello guys,

This post is for those whose programs are research or thesis based whether Masters or PhD. Please ensure your supervisors trust you enough to handle deadlines.

The supervisors here (and I am sure else where) are particular about deadlines. So meeting these deadlines is key to gaining their trusts that you can work alone with minimal supervision if need be.

In most cases, before delving in into your particular research area, you will be required to do a survey of papers in your field. This survey would normally be in the form of papers reviews (Published papers related to your research areas). Please note, you don't have to read the entire contents of a paper to know if it suits you or not. Read the abstract first; if it contains what you need, go to the technical area and results sections to get what you want. This is not the general principle but it is enough to get you by.

Most times, your supervisor MIGHT assign papers to you to read or you might have to get it yourself. To do this you need to search databases related to your research area. I am only aware of Springer (http://www.springer.com/us/), ScienceDirect (http://www.sciencedirect.com/), IEEE (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp), Elsevier (http://www.sciencedirect.com/) and the famous google scholar (http://scholar.google.ca/). In most cases, your university have access to this databases as such downloading journals from these databases are free and readily available. But remember to reference them.

When doing surveys, you might most likely forget the papers you have read, so it is better to use a good referencing system. I use citeulike (http://www.citeulike.org/). But there are others too like, mendeley (https://www.mendeley.com/), endnote (http://endnote.com/), etc, use that which works well for you. The good thing about this Bibliography sites is it helps you organize your references and you can link them to your online latex platform.

When it is time to write papers for conferences, journals or any technical papers, please use latex. It makes your work tidy and beautiful. Don't worry about downloading the software, just use online services like www.overleaf.com , www.sharelatex.com etc. They have templates for almost every journal.

Finally, when you are stuck in your research, ask your colleagues, fellow lab mates, your network, and your supervisor. Remember, it is better to ask than to assume.

Godspeed and wisdom in our pursuits.

Warm Regards,

Mazi

PS: for those who are non-thesis based, I will find out about yours and post it here in due time.

Pls Maziude can you pm me :hierarchyexcel@yahoo.com pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Hierarchybush:
Hello my friends here. I really appreciate the way you guys help each other here. I have been following this thread for the past two months, I got some tips on how to apply for TRV. Unfortunately I got delayed.I applied with all the necessary CIC documents with my uncle SOA which is up to 13m with my Virgin passport. My passport was dispatched on 30/08/17. Reason for the delay : insufficient fund , travel history and purpose of visit. Plz I need help pls pls because I want to reapply soon. My school is starting January next year. Maziude and my other friends here, plz help

Sorry to hear this, you will have to put up a letter of explanation to be included in your next application. Each reason of denial should be dealt with separately. concerning the insufficient fund, let your sponsor transfer your tuition fee and expenses to your account rather than leaving it in his account, so as to show commitment. He will have to print his statement of account, write a letter of sponsor and an affidavit of sponsor as proof of sponsor. I think that should solve the financial issue.

Ire o...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2017
Good morning house, in the light of tackling insufficient funds, for the dormiciliary account needed with 10k deposit, can one open the account & make the deposit immediately or open for a few days & deposit later, which is better & hope putting the amount close to reapplying date won't raise any suspicion?? Or can someone that was refused on just insufficient funds & later got it tell what was done exactly.....Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2017
Hi All. Please I am new here... I will like to know if there are members still expecting their study permit for September 2017. I applied on July 14...still expecting.. Pls let's discuss.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by belovedtianah: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2017
Good day house,

Please I submitted my online application and did My biometrics since April 11 2017 , I received a mail from cic last week stating there is an update on my application but I have been logging in since then , nothing.
I sent 2 inquiry mails and a cse to Accra immigration last month and proactively deferred my admission till January when I didn't get a response from them.

Now my questions are;
1.should I attach the new admission letter and send a mail to Accra immigration without the VO asking because the deadline for registration in my school is September 20.
2. Is it possible that I get a mail that there's been an update and I'll not be able to view what it is?

I intend going for a PGD in sustainable business practice at college of the Rockies , my first degree is in animal sciences and I'm currently a banker.

Please I'll appreciate your advice(s).

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:36am On Sep 11, 2017
rolandy22:

Yes Masters will be better, more importantly the passion for studies that jumps off the pages of your application will go along way in defeating any purpose of visit delays.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aijayvee(f): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2017
Arrived safely yesterday. Thank You Lord! OLOWOGBOGBORO!!!! Onise Iyanu! My Agu n' eche mba.
Omo! Canada far o! And the cold no be here oo. E dey bite through jeans sef. See me dancing skelewu when I came out of the airport.
Ehen! With regard to if any questions was asked at POE, no hassles just how much do I have and any African food. If dem search my bag, I no know and I don't think so. So no declaring of dis or that. But thick am for paper when asked o!
Finally God bless @KosB for me. If I hadn't met this angel for this thread eh, haa! Coming into Canada and settling was so easy with her help. Thank you dearie, God will surely bless you.
I no experience any jet lag,I sleep well biko grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2017
Good day to you.
Please what are the necessary documents I will need from my sponsor.
Please mail me samples... femrich96@gmail.com
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by haryorman: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
GreatMikymiko:

Hallo Folks,

I am Mikymiko, it's nice to see you all (both old and new members). I remember how we started and along the line, i diverted to another track after i sensed some errors from Accra which was followed with series of appeals after which they asked me to reapply but I continue to apply strategic silence with them.

I am here to tell you all that Mikymiko is with you all and we all must keep pushing and be persistent as God will answer us our prayers.

I am happy here as I write to you all from my address in Germany where i am studying my master's, but the fact remain that we must never give up.

It's time we must continue to forge ahead as we accomplish our maple land dream.

God is with us.

I wish all the best of success and i also advice all to make Germany second choice as i learnt it's easier finding your tentacles from here and Germany is also beautiful place to study and live once you can learn deutsch. Please i am not trying to discourage anyone but to emphasis on the importance of keep mov

how can I study there!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Good morning house, in the light of tackling insufficient funds, for the dormiciliary account needed with 10k deposit, can one open the account & make the deposit immediately or open for a few days & deposit later, which is better & hope putting the amount close to reapplying date won't raise any suspicion?? Or can someone that was refused on just insufficient funds & later got it tell what was done exactly.....Thanks, ANSWER PLEASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by damLaney: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hello House,

Please I need answers to some questions I need clarification on.

I) please when applying for TRV online, how do we sign on the forms?

2) Is it safe to apply for TRV with a conditional offer letter? I'm asking cos time is moving fast and for those of us who are not based in lagos.

3) please those who applied to Carleton, how long did it take for the hold on the admission to be removed.

4) to those who have applied online in recent times, do u get a notification for biometric the same day?

I'm sorry for my many questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
GreatMikymiko:

Hallo Folks,

God is with us.

I wish all the best of success and i also advice all to make Germany second choice as i learnt it's easier finding your tentacles from here and Germany is also beautiful place to study and live once you can learn deutsch. Please i am not trying to discourage anyone but to emphasis on the importance of keep moving.

Nice!! Good to know you are making progress.

All the best man. Congratulation and keep moving. It ONLY get better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
belovedtianah:
Good day house,

Please I submitted my online application and did My biometrics since April 11 2017 , I received a mail from cic last week stating there is an update on my application but I have been logging in since then , nothing.
I sent 2 inquiry mails and a cse to Accra immigration last month and proactively deferred my admission till January when I didn't get a response from them.

Now my questions are;
1.should I attach the new admission letter and send a mail to Accra immigration without the VO asking because the deadline for registration in my school is September 20.
2. Is it possible that I get a mail that there's been an update and I'll not be able to view what it is?

I intend going for a PGD in sustainable business practice at college of the Rockies , my first degree is in animal sciences and I'm currently a banker.

Please I'll appreciate your advice(s).

Thank you

1. You'll have to wait for CIC to request a new offer letter with a new start date from you. Usually such request means a positive review on your application have been completed. So be hopeful and wait for them.

2. Sometimes, such scenerio happens. As with most auto set replies and notifications, once there is an activity(Your application is viewed, opened or an officer adds an update to your account), it automatically notifies the owner of the account(Applicant) of an update using the email address used in such account.
(same thing when someone tries to hack your yahoo account and you get a notification of an attempt).

However, It is usually an indication that an officer has opened your file. The actual update will come later, so keep checking.

Lastly, since you submitted already, i don't think it would matter right now the inconsistencies in your degree, work and proposed program. See what their decision is on your application first.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2017
damLaney:
Hello House,

Please I need answers to some questions I need clarification on.

I) please when applying for TRV online, how do we sign on the forms?

2) Is it safe to apply for TRV with a conditional offer letter? I'm asking cos time is moving fast and for those of us who are not based in lagos.

3) please those who applied to Carleton, how long did it take for the hold on the admission to be removed.

4) to those who have applied online in recent times, do u get a notification for biometric the same day?

I'm sorry for my many questions.

1) Ur forms do not need ur handy signature as u will be directed to sign them electronically by typing in ur full name.

2) You can apply for trv with conditional offer of admission provided you submit the VO with the same requirements your DLI is requesting to provide u unconditional acceptance.

3) don't know

4) No. First of all, they need a few days to even process your payment and access your documents to confirm is a complete application. So it depends on where u paid from. I.e Nigerian cards take longer to process while using cards from Canada or USA maybe be processed instantly. So give and take it , give room for 3-5 working days to be invited for biometric depending on how u paid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2017
please can anyone assist in helping me request for my gcms notes?
I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2017
Arebo:
Good morning house, in the light of tackling insufficient funds, for the dormiciliary account needed with 10k deposit, can one open the account & make the deposit immediately or open for a few days & deposit later, which is better & hope putting the amount close to reapplying date won't raise any suspicion?? Or can someone that was refused on just insufficient funds & later got it tell what was done exactly.....Thanks
Firstly, i'll suggest you pay your full tuition, pay in the FUND in your dorm account. Give it a week and then print. You will be fine. You have your living expenses funds in convertible currency which is good. If they still would doubt further about it's availability to you( which i doubt would pose an issue), it should be from the source of the funds. Ensure you show proof and explain how your got the convertible funds you deposited in your dorm account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
thesoj:

If you & your uncle can convince the VO about his claims to be your sponsor then it can fly that he doesn't pay beforehand, but based on trends on this thread one sure way to defuse the VO's skepticism about a non-parent sponsor is for said sponsor to pay the fees ahead of time.

You can source for funds to pay your fees, but don't even try to inaccurately tell the VO that your uncle was the source of funds. You'll be going down a path that you can't defend if there's any little scrutiny. VOs aren't stupid... you will submit your uncle's bank statements and it will be glaringly obvious that the money he supposedly used to pay your fees never left his bank account. This can lead you to a "insufficient funds" denial, even if you've paid the fees already. You've already seen applicants on this thread denied for "insufficient funds" even though they already paid fees. This happens when the VO sees something fishy with your finances and/or isn't convinced about your financial viability.

My advice: only tell the VO what you know you can reliably defend. If you are found to have misrepresented information, you may receive a ban or at best be denied.

Thanks for your reply.

What do you think is best for me to tackle the sponsorship issue in order to avoid insufficient fund problem..im still yet to submit my visa application for Jan school entry, I want to tackle everything bfr I apply.

Also, about the Travel History I have been seeing as reason for denial. I have not travelled outside Naija bfr o, I have virgin paasspot. How do I tackle this issue.

Thirdly, I currently have no concrete property, but my mum has a land to her name, is it possible I "buy" it from her, so that I will use it also as my home tie.

Pls kindly lay credence. Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
damLaney:

As soon as you meet the condition(s)on your admission or any other administrative request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
Please somebody should help Here. Thanks

yamen21:
I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by beverlyd: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
IloveCanada:
Hello! Everyone,

Is anyone coming to the University of Regina?

Beep me; I will help you settle down.

Bus pass, SIN, Phone plans etc

Cheers. smiley

I am. Sent you pm

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jumax: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
haryorman:

how can I study there!

Pls it would be better if you can open a thread for those that are interested in study at Germany for more and better explanation. Therefore I am also interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
yamen21:
I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Bro what's up with your application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.