Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827713 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by candycoco: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
House please respond.
candycoco:
Hello, good morning.
I'm interested in studying in Canada and my situation is;
1. I have a 2:2 Bsc in HR
2. I graduated in 09
3. I have practically been doing "voluntary" work for the family business since after NYSC because of some unforeseen circumstances.
4. I recently started my business in interior design.

I have been searching really hard for a graduate program in HR, on the other hand, I'm wondering if changing direction and applying for a program to improve on business will give me a better chance with study permit. I am really interested in these aspects of my working life...

Please I need your suggestions. And if it is allowed, kindly suggest schools I can apply to. I have searched the internet for so long that I've started going in circles... I feel like my head will burst. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
For those looking for scholarship in canada particularly Msc.
Check here.
www.scholarships-bourses.gc.ca/scholarships-bourses/news-nouvelles/2017/2017-09-14.aspx?lang=eng

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
ananaosei:
Mighty men! Greetings and Salut))
I checked the visa officer requirements for applicants applying from Estonia and there is nothing like SOP, meaning they do not require that from applicants from Estonia.

My question is will it affect me if I ditch or leave it out?
Am working and studying with a lot of stuff on me and I might not be able to write it due to time factor.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

SOP is not a requirement anywhere. People only write/make Letter of Explanation to pass important message(s) about their application to the visa officer, since Canada visa application process is a non-appearance one. If your application is very straight forward, you need not write any letter or sop, but most of our applications are not straight forward, hence the need to explain and explain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
candycoco:
Hello, good morning.
I'm interested in studying in Canada and my situation is;
1. I have a 2:2 Bsc in HR
2. I graduated in 09
3. I have practically been doing "voluntary" work for the family business since after NYSC because of some unforeseen circumstances.
4. I recently started my business in interior design.

I have been searching really hard for a graduate program in HR, on the other hand, I'm wondering if changing direction and applying for a program to improve on business will give me a better chance with study permit. I am really interested in these aspects of my working life...

Please I need your suggestions. And if it is allowed, kindly suggest schools I can apply to. I have searched the internet for so long that I've started going in circles... I feel like my head will burst. Thank you.

smiley
Your head will not burst and can never burst.

You see the BOLD words above is what you will have to do. You will do it as if everything depends on it. And more so, only you know what you want.
There is nothing you want that isn't achievable but the more complex it look will be the more work you will do as regards convincing those people called VO.

So sit down, take a paper and write out what you really want. Then from there start searching.

Mind you, I cant ridiculed you but there are times when we need to go back to the bases of the issue at hand,identify it properly, tackle it to arrive at the desired result.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nice one buddy @guzenaira. Your posts makes alot of sense. Emmm, please eh, how do i start this Canada student visa process? I just stumbled on this thread this afternoon, biko help a brother! wink wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by candycoco: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
Thanks Guzenaira for your encouragement ... Somehow, your "I can't ridicule you" made me laugh cheesy grin
guzenaira:

smiley
Your head will not burst and can never burst.

You see the BOLD words above is what you will have to do. You will do it as if everything depends on it. And more so, only you know what you want.
There is nothing you want that isn't achievable but the more complex it look will be the more work you will do as regards convincing those people called VO.

So sit down, take a paper and write out what you really want. Then from there start searching.

Mind you, I cant ridiculed you but there are times when we need to go back to the bases of the issue at hand,identify it properly, tackle it to arrive at the desired result.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
smoothvee:
my people, fanshawe has considered me for admission, so if i make a deposit they will forward my admission letter. and my course falls under graduate and professional studies.
there was a period an argument came up here that CIC now kind of holds back visa from people that are not going for undergraduate or masters studies..(oh men, expensive sontin)
do you think its true? do we professional program seekers still have a chance? or any professional program person recently got his visa?

As long as the institution is designated, and you're a credible applicant, YES, you stand a chance. The only problem with professional programs is, lots of them are part time programs, and as such they do not qualify for post graduate work permit, or to work on or off campus on the work permit that comes with the study permit. This means, if you're on study permit for a part time program, you're not authorized to work in Canada. However, some professional programs require their students to study part time, while they work full time, such people would be able to apply for a separate work permit that would allow them work full, while they study part time on their study permit.

See attachments for more information.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
ayooluwatoni:

check www.cpawsb.ca or just search for "cpa canada" on google. You can pm me after you've done your findings.
I just did sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Austinpee4:
Nice one buddy @guzenaira. Your posts makes alot of sense. Emmm, please eh, how do i start this Canada student visa process? I just stumbled on this thread this afternoon, biko help a brother! wink

smiley
Haba!!
Senator Austinpee4, Your Excellency Sir.
I believe you are part of the Senators that made the page 0 constitution As amended by the Canadian Students Visa Thread 13.

I so much believe that Page 0 of the constitution as amended said it all about the journey.

grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ananaosei: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
I get the clear picture now, thanks for the contribution. Hopefully one or two lines of explanation should help. Have already paid my tuition 7500can for a semester. I have a personal bank smatement with balance of 300us$ with inflow of 14000$ and outflow of 17000$ (within a period of one year, Sept. 2016-sept 2017)

-Plus my sponsors statement.
-Have a certificate in pre-engineering (from Ukraine)
-I have like 3years work experience in building and construction.
-I intend to study diploma-advance diploma in civil engineering
-currently studying Environmental science in Esti (diploma)

Hope this is straight enough.

ayooluwatoni:

SOP is not a requirement anywhere. People only write/make Letter of Explanation to pass important message(s) about their application to the visa officer, since Canada visa application process is a non-appearance one. If your application is very straight forward, you need not write any letter or sop, but most of our applications are not straight forward, hence the need to explain and explain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
Good evening everyone. I want to reapply after being delayed in August. Please what do i answer where they asked on the application form "have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada"?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
ananaosei:
I get the clear picture now, thanks for the contribution. Hopefully one or two lines of explanation should help. Have already paid my tuition 7500can for a semester. I have a personal bank smatement with balance of 300us$ with inflow of 14000$ and outflow of 17000$ (within a period of one year, Sept. 2016-sept 2017)

-Plus my sponsors statement.
-Have a certificate in pre-engineering (from Ukraine)
-I have like 3years work experience in building and construction.
-I intend to study diploma-advance diploma in civil engineering
-currently studying Environmental science in Esti (diploma)

Hope this is straight enough.

I think it won't hurt to write a letter. Nothing fancy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
guzenaira:

Haba!!
Senator Austinpee4, Your Excellency Sir.
I believe you are part of the Senators that made the page 0 constitution As amended by the Canadian Students Visa Thread 13.

I so much believe that Page 0 of the constitution as amended said it all about the journey.

grin
grin grin

Baba, your contributions, advice and suggestions are very solid. Weldone bro. I will read from page 0 as advised. Thanks boss! wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Alantobie:
Good evening everyone. I want to reapply after being delayed in August. Please what do i answer where they asked on the application form "have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada"?

smiley
Answer the question yourself now?

I can understand you.
If your passport is a virgin passport, then your response doesn't really matter because you were delayed by them and all your information is already with them. But if not, kindly answer in the affirmative to avoid stories that touch.

Good luck and i believe God will do it this time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
guzenaira:

smiley
Answer the question yourself now?

I can understand you.
If your passport is a virgin passport, then your response doesn't really matter because you were delayed by them and all your information is already with them. But if not, kindly answer in the affirmative to avoid stories that touch.

Good luck and i believe God will do it this time.

You don't get...I have answered the part where they asked if I have been refused visa. I am asking whether it is yes or no for the other part
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

grin grin

Baba, your contributions, advice and suggestions are very solid. Weldone bro. I will read from page 0 as advised. Thanks boss! wink

lol.....

Thanks for the comment anyway.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
Alantobie:

You don't get...I have answered the part where they asked if I have been refused visa. I am asking whether it is yes or no for the other part

I get you 100% and my response applies to 2b & 2c of the said portion of the question you asked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holabisi: 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
Good day evry1
Please any red river college student or applicant in the house..or any1 that has applied to the college before
I need to clarify some things.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Alantobie:

Your answer to the question of "Have you applied to enter or remain in Canada" should be NO.

Unless you have previously been issued a Canadian visa/permit and applied to extend it, then you can answer to the question. Also if you have been refused entry at the border of Canada, then you should answer Yes. Otherwise, your answer should be NO.

The other question of "Have you been refused a Visa/ permit to Canada or any other country" is what you should be concerned about and give a truthful answer.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
Austinpee4:

Your answer to the question of "Have you applied to enter or remain in Canada" should be NO.

Unless you have previously been issued a Canadian visa/permit and applied to extend it, then you can answer to the question. Also if you have been refused entry at the border of Canada, then you should answer Yes. Otherwise, your answer should be NO.

The other question of "Have you been refused a Visa/ permit to Canada or any other country" is what you should be concerned about and give a truthful answer.

Thanks boss. I understand now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Alantobie:

Thanks boss. I understand now

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ajakayekoke(m): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Good Evening house,A friend who isn't a nairalander needs help,He wants to go for an under graduate program,in canada,He is just planning towards it though,he needs a lil confirmation.

1) How many months or years,can he defer admission for?cos he wanna sponsor himself.

2) Is it true that he can only work for 24hours in a week?

3) Can a Canadian student travel to the u.s.a during holiday without a u.s.a visa?

Finally

4) Canada law allows uni and college graduates to apply for residential permit,if they qualify,is it the same to first degree graduates too?Can he apply for residential permit,when he finish school?

Thanks in advance

Please house I need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by deolutolu(m): 12:14am On Sep 24, 2017
Holabisi:
Good day evry1
Please any red river college student or applicant in the house..or any1 that has applied to the college before
I need to clarify some things.
Thank you

Pls ask your question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by deolutolu(m): 12:24am On Sep 24, 2017
Good morning. I have a pressing question I need an answer to. Is there an appropriate way to fill the cost of study column? Am I to consider my first year tuition and living expenses or both first and second year?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Alantobie:

By previously applying for SP, you've applied to enter Canada, although you've not applied to remain in Canada. But since the two questions are together, I would answer yes, and in the space provided, I would write "I applied for Canada study permit on XYZ, and my application was refused on ZYX".

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:20am On Sep 24, 2017
deolutolu:
Good morning. I have a pressing question I need an answer to. Is there an appropriate way to fill the cost of study column? Am I to consider my first year tuition and living expenses or both first and second year?

In the study permit guide, you're required to show proof of funds for one year. But I would write my total tuition and living expenses, and ensure I show evidence of the funds.

Whatever you do, make sure the balance on the bank statement you're submitting is more than the amount you quote.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 4:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Greetings everyone. Mehn thread has gone far and I dont where to start from self. Am always here please for any help anyone needs especially in the University of Saskatchewan. I wish every TRV hopeful a big success please dont give up. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rasaqdayo: 4:10am On Sep 24, 2017
Hello house, please I need anyone who could help refer me in person to any professor interested in research on "pollution degradation and water treatment". I am a chemical engineer and had masters in areas relating to energy and environment. Mailing has been yielding few responses and not as adequate. I am aware that many professors are usually busy and would not respond to all their emails. A brief introduction would suffice to get the attention I need. I would be glad to get anyone's help in this regard.

@wealth360, I emailed up to 20 environmental researchers in UofS. Please could you help me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:18am On Sep 24, 2017
wealth360:
Greetings everyone. Mehn thread has gone far and I dont where to start from self. Am always here please for any help anyone needs especially in the University of Saskatchewan. I wish every TRV hopeful a big success please dont give up. Cheers

Wao..oga wealth360 is being awhile.....hope you are doing good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 7:02am On Sep 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Boss, I PMed you. Will you help review my SOP
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Travelpes: 7:27am On Sep 24, 2017
Can enter also mean visitor visa?Visit and not stay back?
Austinpee4:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2017
@ ayooluwatoni, I sent you PM. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.