Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (838378 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yese001: 10:40am On Sep 24, 2017
oluswagger:
Hi folks.
Finally got my PoE letter of introduction sent to my inbox. I wanna take time to thank you guys for the encouragement, tips, lessons, explanations and moral supports. Some experience are scary (i must admit) while some were hope-giving. Most importantly, I'm glad i found this forum.

Here is my timeline.
PhD admission letter received on 28th March 2017 (fall term)
Applied for SP & WP for wifey on May 5th.
Med call on 11th Aug.
Med done on 14th. Wifey did hers on 22nd.
Med passed notification on 21st Aug.
TRVs approved on Sept 1st.
VFS notifies on Sept 11.
PoE Letter of Intro received on 19th Sept.

Docs submitted:
Educational certs & transcripts
Pay slips (3 months)
SoA (of mine & sponsors)
Sponsor is my sister. Letter of financial support from sponsor too
SoP and questionnaire.
Proof of active employment
All CIC forms.
Offer letter & scholarship proof
Etc (i can't remember all)

Of course the TRVs came late but i got in touch with my supervisor and she told the school to send a new offer letter for winter.
For all hopefuls, my prayers are with you and it shall manifest soon (if Canada is God's will). I've enjoyed uncommon favour (scholarship and wifey's TRV). May favour find you all too. Amen.

droluus@yahoo.com if you have questions that I can help with. Thanks

Hello Boss,

I sent you a mail. Please reply at your leisure. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cabalocracy: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2017
dayusin:

Hi please Can you accept my email. I am in the same situation you were. I will like to ask a few questions. Thanks
I have done that already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2017
GREGORIAN:
Are u 1 of them...y wud u encourage some1 2 use a cloned site other than a website recommended by cic....gcms takes 30days or less to arrive....This cloned site after billing u 41dollars they pay 5dollars to cic recommend site at the background...that's after u query or expose them via broadcast...I suppose thatx y urs came after 46days. ...n u advicing people to follow ur route .....nywaiz please no1 should follow this path ooooo. ...It's a fraudulent path....follow cic recommended website to order ur gcms note
I am not encouraging anybody to use any site...i just told the house that i have gotten my note frm the said clone site...read my messages well before commenting...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennykolabo: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Please how many weeks,months or years does the application time take now. Two of my sisters applied since May 23rd and till now, we haven't heard anything .

Please does it takes this long again. Online application,tommorrow makes it 4good months , 17good weeks now, we are all scared.
Please kindly help and advise on what we can do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Your answer to the question of "Have you applied to enter or remain in Canada" should be NO.

Unless you have previously been issued a Canadian visa/permit and applied to extend it, then you can answer to the question. Also if you have been refused entry at the border of Canada, then you should answer Yes. Otherwise, your answer should be NO.

The other question of "Have you been refused a Visa/ permit to Canada or any other country" is what you should be concerned about and give a truthful answer.
Please am confused...have you applied to enter canada..is it not the same tin as have applied for a permit? Please explain!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 11:59am On Sep 24, 2017
Hello house, does it mean all refusals due to insufficient funds has to be solved with paying tuition & making 10,000Cad deposit??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
kennykolabo:
Please how many weeks,months or years does the application time take now. Two of my sisters applied since May 23rd and till now, we haven't heard anything .

Please does it takes this long again. Online application,tommorrow makes it 4good months , 17good weeks now, we are all scared.
Please kindly help and advise on what we can do?

smiley
Don't be scared. What will be will be.
Trust in God and don't count days or months again.
Indulge yourself in other things which could be productive to you.
Like I always say, we have October 2016 over here still looking up to God, March, April and the rest.

Mind you, everyone's case is different but what can they do?
Send them a CSE, wait for their response and tell it to God if you believe Him.
I believe you will here from them pretty soon.
Pls stop counting days again.
It is well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
Travelpes:
Can enter also mean visitor visa?Visit and not stay back?
ayooluwatoni:

By previously applying for SP, you've applied to enter Canada, although you've not applied to remain in Canada. But since the two questions are together, I would answer yes, and in the space provided, I would write "I applied for Canada study permit on XYZ, and my application was refused on ZYX".

I wish you all the best.
Adesire1:

Please am confused...have you applied to enter canada..is it not the same tin as have applied for a permit? Please explain!
Austinpee4:

Your answer to the question of "Have you applied to enter or remain in Canada" should be NO.

Unless you have previously been issued a Canadian visa/permit and applied to extend it, then you can answer to the question. Also if you have been refused entry at the border of Canada, then you should answer Yes. Otherwise, your answer should be NO.

The other question of "Have you been refused a Visa/ permit to Canada or any other country" is what you should be concerned about and give a truthful answer.
Alantobie:
Good evening everyone. I want to reapply after being delayed in August. Please what do i answer where they asked on the application form "have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada"?

Pls, to all that asked and contributed to @Alantobie question,
There is no perfect way to answer the question. Moreover, it's a question that they will definitely know the answer with your records with them.

Like @Austinpee4 said, the delicate question is 'have you been denied VISA to other country'. which you need and have to be truthful about.

I have never seen a case where someone was asked to give reasons why he/she denied not being granted Canadian visa previously but the most common one is to other countries.

I have seen a case where someone didn't declare other country but wasn't asked to explain simply because there are other things they found wrong in the application other than the other countries VISA Refusal denial. But when everything seems right then, they will talk about the other country denial and will be given the opportunity to explain what went wrong then.

Any which way it comes, always declare the real truth of the application no matter how you think it appears to you.

Do not say NO when you need to say YES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
cabalocracy:

I have done that already

Hi I did not get your pm. Sent another one. can you please accept or please send me a pm. Very urgent we are in the same situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Klem28(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Greetings to the wonderful gurus who have been very resourceful here. Please I need your urgent guidance on my study permit. I submitted application on 8/8/17 with the following documents:
1. Form IMM1294E
2. Form IMM5645E
3. IMM5257B_1
4. Acceptance Letter
5. Letter of Explanation stating that I am an employee in a University in Human Resources Unit and that my employer is sending for 1 year pgd in Human Resources Management to have international experience in preparation for its international exchange program holding in December 2018.
6. I submitted along my appointment letter
7. letter of approval for d foreign study
8. letter of sponsorship from the University stating it's sponsorship of the program to the tune of N8.5 million
9. 6 months statement of Account of the University with close balance of N13 million (the account has a monthly inflow of N42 million).
10. My own 6 months salary account with close balance of N1.2 million.
11. My ARM Pension certificate (not the statement cos my employer just keyed into d scheme which makes the balance to be less N200,000.)
12. My Land document in the sum of N1.5milloon
13. Another land document in d sum of 300k
14. Deed of grant of land by the cooperative society of my employer
15. Letter of Recommendation from an NGO which I am it's program officer
16. Staff ID card
17. Police certificate
18. Passport Data page
19. Marriage certificate
20. Birth certificates of wife and 2 kids.
21. Family picture
22. My cv
23. My salary pay advice.
I submitted biometric on 14/8/17 but my account was not updated as "completed" until 21/9/17. My application was finally refused on 22/9/17 on the following grounds:
1.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
3. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
The Visa officer however gave me opportunity to submit another application. Please I need your kind advice on how to go about it. I am still in the dark on what could gone wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=rasaqdayo post=60769548]Hello house, please I need anyone who could help refer me in person to any professor interested in research on "pollution degradation and water treatment". I am a chemical engineer and had masters in areas relating to energy and environment. Mailing has been yielding few responses and not as adequate. I am aware that many professors are usually busy and would not respond to all their emails. A brief introduction would suffice to get the attention I need. I would be glad to get anyone's help in this regard.

@wealth360, I emailed up to 20 environmental researchers in UofS. Please could you help me.[/quote

Don't be discouraged.. U need to do more than 20....u have to be consistent and persistent.. I remembered mailing over 100..smile n for years before I cld get two... Just get to work n hope for God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
May this new week bring forth good news.
It will end in praise for all trv hopefuls.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
rasaqdayo:
Hello house, please I need anyone who could help refer me in person to any professor interested in research on "pollution degradation and water treatment". I am a chemical engineer and had masters in areas relating to energy and environment. Mailing has been yielding few responses and not as adequate. I am aware that many professors are usually busy and would not respond to all their emails. A brief introduction would suffice to get the attention I need. I would be glad to get anyone's help in this regard.

@wealth360, I emailed up to 20 environmental researchers in UofS. Please could you help me.

Hello boss,

I understand how you feel. But you still have to keep mailing. Send a gentle reminder to those who are yet to respond. And find new ones. Spread your net beyond Canada too if need be.

It is going to be difficult for anyone to introduce you to any professor especially when no one has an idea of how good you are.

Keep on trying, you will surely get one.

Peace...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
Klem28:
Greetings to the wonderful gurus who have been very resourceful here. Please I need your urgent guidance on my study permit. I submitted application on 8/8/17 with the following documents:
1. Form IMM1294E
2. Form IMM5645E
3. IMM5257B_1
4. Acceptance Letter
5. Letter of Explanation stating that I am an employee in a University in Human Resources Unit and that my employer is sending for 1 year pgd in Human Resources Management to have international experience in preparation for its international exchange program holding in December 2018.
8. letter of sponsorship from the University stating it's sponsorship of the program to the tune of N8.5 million
9. 6 months statement of Account of the University with close balance of N13 million (the account has a monthly inflow of N42 million).
11. My ARM Pension certificate (not the statement cos my employer just keyed into d scheme which makes the balance to be less N200,000.)
16. Staff ID card
17. Police certificate
18. Passport Data page
19. Marriage certificate
21. Family picture
22. My cv
I submitted biometric on 14/8/17 but my account was not updated as "completed" until 21/9/17. My application was finally refused on 22/9/17 on the following grounds:
1.I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
3. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
The Visa officer however gave me opportunity to submit another application. Please I need your kind advice on how to go about it. I am still in the dark on what could gone wrong

Sir,

Its a pity that after you are being sponsored by your company and the funny VOs still delayed you.

But that aside, i will advice you to order for your gcsm file so that you can see the real reason the VO delayed you.
But from my point of view, i will like to know maybe you have a BSc and was it in HR management? if Yes, then do you still need a PGD in HR management or an advance course in it?
Do you have a masters degree?
Did you include your SOP or SOE or whatever that looks like it? Where you explain in details what you and your company will benefit from it. Pointing the mind of the VO to things that may confuse him/her about your application. Maybe your course of study, current job and/or intended program may not be in line.

Oga, from my point of view i made the above suggestions and questions. Dont settle for it but you can possibly work around it. But in the interim, the best thing to do is to order for your file.
I pray your company wont withdraw/cancel their proposed sponsorship plan for you.
Order for your file and give it another try.

So sorry about the delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
Adesire1:

By been denied before, you have previously applied to enter Canada. Your answer should be yes with an annotation as someone advised you earlier, that you were previously denied a TRV application. Best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rasaqdayo: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

I understand how you feel. But you still have to keep mailing. Send a gentle reminder to those who are yet to respond. And find new ones. Spread your net beyond Canada too if need be.

It is going to be difficult for anyone to introduce you to any professor especially when no one has an idea of how good you are.

Keep on trying, you will surely get one.

Peace...

Thanks bro, I will not give up as my mailing continues. In between, I am presently pursuing PhD and would be glad to share my full profile with anyone. If I am expecting a professor to pick an interest, then I should be able to convince anyone referring me first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holabisi: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
deolutolu:

Pls ask your question.

Thank you..I am about submitting my application but just want to confirm details about supporting docunents

IELTS...I want to submit my own copy..but I'm not sure cos they said official, should it be addressed to them?
Transcript...Did you just make a photocopy of your WAEC result ? I'm supposed to send both uni transcript and secondary school .

Iv emailed them but they keep referring me to the website ..just want to be sure before spending on dhl...
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Klem28:
1. Form IMM1294E
2. Form IMM5645E
3. IMM5257B_1
4. Acceptance Letter
16. Staff ID card
17. Police certificate
18. Passport Data page
19. Marriage certificate
21. Family picture
22. My cv

If your sponsor would agree for you to change to a full masters program, your situation with the VO would be made stronger. Also, try and get the sponsor to pay your one year tuition and deposit living expenses into your personal domiciliary account. A full institution of learning having only a balance of 13 million in its account yet wanting to sponsor you for 8.5million has a ring of incredulity to it-- looking through a VOs bespectacled dissecting lenses.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rasaqdayo: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Stadiax post=60782483][/quote]

Thanks bro, I was just estimating 20 for UofS only. I would mail only those with similar research interest as well as program coordinators for suggestions. My change of strategy might complement my effort. I understand it will be hard to get just anyone out there to refer me but that should not stop me from seeking. Thanks once again bro

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
rasaqdayo:

Thanks bro, I will not give up as my mailing continues. In between, I am presently pursuing PhD and would be glad to share my full profile with anyone. If I am expecting a professor to pick an interest, then I should be able to convince anyone referring me first.

Okay boss...

You can share it here if you want...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rasaqdayo: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
maziude:

Okay boss...

You can share it here if you want...

I could send my CV to you if you could help. I have a book chapter and two review submissions on some metal oxide nanomaterial synthesis for photocatalytic applications. I would be glad to discuss my proposed research interest and idea in private.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
rasaqdayo:

I could send my CV to you if you could help. I have a book chapter and two review submissions on some metal oxide nanomaterial synthesis for photocatalytic applications. I would be glad to discuss my proposed research interest and idea in private.

You can pm me boss.

hallecks@qq.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Klem28(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
guzenaira:

Sir,

Its a pity that after you are being sponsored by your company and the funny VOs still delayed you.

But that aside, i will advice you to order for your gcsm file so that you can see the real reason the VO delayed you.
But from my point of view, i will like to know maybe you have a BSc and was it in HR management? if Yes, then do you still need a PGD in HR management or an advance course in it?
Do you have a masters degree?
Did you include your SOP or SOE or whatever that looks like it? Where you explain in details what you and your company will benefit from it. Pointing the mind of the VO to things that may confuse him/her about your application. Maybe your course of study, current job and/or intended program may not be in line.

Oga, from my point of view i made the above suggestions and questions. Dont settle for it but you can possibly work around it. But in the interim, the best thing to do is to order for your file.
I pray your company wont withdraw/cancel their proposed sponsorship plan for you.
Order for your file and give it another try.

So sorry abo.ut the delay.
Many thanks bro! I appreciate you very greatly. Please I will appreciate if you pm me on dominicanchambers@gmail.com. You can also drop ur mail for me to reach you. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Klem28(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If your sponsor would agree for you to change to a full masters program, your situation with the VO would be made stronger. Also, try and get the sponsor to pay your one year tuition and deposit living expenses into your personal domiciliary account. A full institution of learning having only a balance of 13 million yet wanting to sponsor for 8.5m would have a ring of incredulity-- looking through a VOs bespectacled lenses.
Thank you bro for your useful piece of advice. But did i explain that the account has a monthly inflow of N42 million. since when i submitted d refused application and now, another 42M had entered into the account again. Could this still be a culprit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rasaqdayo: 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
maziude:

You can pm me boss.

hallecks@qq.com

Sent my resume to your email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
rasaqdayo:

Where are u doing your PhD? N wch area of research?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Klem28:
Thank you bro for your useful piece of advice. But did i explain that the account has a monthly inflow of N42 million. since when i submitted d refused application and now, another 42M had entered into the account again. Could this still be a culprit?

Just have them pay bro and submit the receipt. This will once and for all defeat insufficient funds. You can defeat the other purposes using your statement of explanation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Just have them pay bro and submit the receipt. This will once and for all defeat insufficient funds. You can defeat the other purposes using your statement of explanation.

I am of the opinion that this trv approval is just grace n luck. ..i was delayed despite paying part of fund n getting full funding for research based MES based on purpose n the fact that they are not sure I will return to my country.... Na their palaver n loss.. As God will have it... Got another full funding..phd in Europe... Hv ordered my gcms notes but Europe here I come..... Just pray for Grace n favour.. No body knows the real all reason why deny refuse....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wunmyyy: 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hello friend,

I travelled to Canada for the last Christmas in which I found a school, applied and was given an admission. Sent my application to CIC for permit twice and was denied, what they keep requesting for is "Purpose of Visit". Can anybody explain forward to me cause when I applied last, I wrote a letter stating the reasons and benefits of the course I applied for.

I am still interested in applying again, what and what should I add in my application to make it a success.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
Stadiax:

I am of the opinion that this trv approval is just grace n luck. ..i was delayed despite paying part of fund n getting full funding for research based MES based on purpose n the fact that they are not sure I will return to my country.... Na their palaver n loss.. As God will have it... Got another full funding..phd in Europe... Hv ordered my gcms notes but Europe here I come..... Just pray for Grace n favour.. No body knows the real all reason why deny refuse....

To an extent you maybe right but as the BOLD words doesnt mean insufficient funds. Depending on the situation and reason for refusal, i believe gcsm file has helped alot of applicants to know the reason or thoughts of the VO in charge.

Only God have the final say but we must try to do our best.

Congrats on your funding from Europe, i wish you all the very best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
Wunmyyy:
Hello friend,

I travelled to Canada for the last Christmas in which I found a school, applied and was given an admission. Sent my application to CIC for permit twice and was denied, what they keep requesting for is "Purpose of Visit". Can anybody explain forward to me cause when I applied last, I wrote a letter stating the reasons and benefits of the course I applied for.

I am still interested in applying again, what and what should I add in my application to make it a success.

Thank you.

Hi madam,
The best thing to do is to order for your gcsm file. If not, you will keep on doing the same thing over and over again expecting different result.
So also kindly try to visit page 0 of this thread. It could be very useful to you particularly as per the way to go about your application.

The only thing a VISA officer wants is conviction. Their own conviction also involve proof or evidence that it really worth it.

Try take another step from another angle with all i advice above and see another great result.

All the very best madam.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Klem28(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
guzenaira:

To an extent you maybe right but as the BOLD words doesnt mean insufficient funds. Depending on the situation and reason for refusal, i believe gcsm file has helped alot of applicants to know the reason or thoughts of the VO in charge.

Only God have the final say but we must try to do our best.

Congrats on your funding from Europe, i wish you all the very best.
Please what is gcsm and what benefit will it grant me in this situation? How do I process it and can it not hamper my re-application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.