Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827106 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
Stadiax:

I have just bin delayed for the third time.. Guess Canada is not for everyone..... Reasons are not satisfied I will return to my country based on purpose of visit, travel history and personal n financial status.... I paid some funds to the school and also got full funding ..i applied on July 14.....guess is time to move on. Painful... Thanks house

On a second note, why did you pay some funds to the school if you got full funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Holyfield1:
I've just been delayed for the 3rd time

Nothing can measure how sad I am right now, after all the prayers and fasting

All is well

Please house if I apply again after deferring my admission till January, Will that raise an automatic red flag?

Won't the embassy feel I'm desperate to leave the country?

All is well, I hereby back out now

Thanks Bayocanny, Austinpee4 and everyone here

cry cry
Sorry bro, don't back out yet, share your profile once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Holyfield1:

All is well

Please house if I apply again after deferring my admission till January, Will that raise an automatic red flag?

cry cry

Sorry about that. Share your profile and let the house chip in. Now that is desperate applying again for the 4th time against January which is right at the corner. Take a breathe of fresh air and order Gcms. Defer for fall. That will give you a long time to decipher and combat the problem without requesting another deferment. There is only so many times a school can defer your admission before they get fed up of you writing or calling to defer every semester.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Dredre01:
Austinpee4.....Hoping to submit my application this week for January intake. Please Austinpee4 hope not late?
I can't say if it's late or not. The earlier you send in your application the better. The processing time on CIC's website for Nigerian applicants only shows the time frame it took that office to process a good number of applications. Processing and decisions are made WITHIN the time stipulated. So anything is possible from the 3rd week to the 14th/16th week. Endeavour to send in your complete application this week like you mentioned and be hopeful a decision comes sooner.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by skylar2020(f): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
Markab:
When did you apply? Well, the common mistake we make while linking an application often occur when filling our Given names, it's written as Given Name while we are required to input our first Name and Middle name but we often fill in our first name (just 1 name). CIC ought have pluralised the name or better still written as Given Name (s). So please retry by filling in the your two names in the GIVEN NAME box while you retain your surname in the Family name box as required.

GoodLuck

It worked
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
Holyfield1:

All is well

cry cry
Opps! Sorry about the outcome of your application. The feel certainly isn't a good one but you will overcome.

Well, just like @jnyuwa02 mentioned, you will need your GCMS file. Take your time and reapply. Actually, you can apply as many times as you can but in so doing, you MUST address the concerns of the previous refusal or officer, meet their requirements and ultimately satisfy an officer that you would leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. If you do this in the 10th attempt, your application will be approved. The only thing in applying multiple times is that reasons to return home would be stronger as they will also pay attention to how well you addressed the previous concern and your overal circumstance as well as you likelyhood to return home.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ceceliaa34(f): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hi guys... I'll be applying for visa against winter session this week.
I think I'm done with my SOP, but I feel I've not addressed the issue of why PGD instead of Masters well. My reasons include, low GPA, pgd serves a masters degree gateway, cost-friendly, intensive and hands-on practical oriented. The reasons sound disjointed and I'm having a hard time bringing them all together.

Also, @Austinpee, could you please review my SOP? I know you probably get lots of requests already but I'll appreciate your input. Sent you a PM already.

Lastly, what are CIC passport photo requirements (size, specs etc) and how many copies am I supposed to include in my application?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Honeymay10(f): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
So sorry bro... It is well.. [ quote author=Holyfield1 post=60812004]I've just been delayed for the 3rd time

All is well

cry cry[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Honeymay10(f): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
So sorry for the delay. God knows best.
quote author=Holyfield1 post=60812004]I've just been delayed for the 3rd time

All is well

cry cry[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
Welcome. Happy to help
skylar2020:

It worked
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PendD: 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello Guys pls how can I book cheap flight. Somebody pls help me with the contact. I know there is a way flight can be booked cheaper. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
guzenaira:

Kindly visit page 0 of this thread for proper understanding.

But as for gcsm file, it's a file containing the report and view of the VO in charge of your application and all what your submitted application entails.

Here is a link to it and the below link is exactly what you will see on page 0 of this thread.
Pls dont forget to visit Page 0 for more understanding of Canadian Visa Application.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

hmmm....has anyone requested for GCMS after an Approval......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

On a second note, why did you pay some funds to the school if you got full funding?

For all other expenses... Payment of additional fund is based on personal conviction... My full funding will take care of my school fees with change to collect self....

I had already paid before getting d full funding....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maplemum2017: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I don't think a VO is intimidated by anyone's qualifications. You might have applied too many times and come across too desperate to the VO, changing stuff too many times to fit their requirements. Did you submit landed documents and have wife and children in Nigeria and employed in Nigeria prior to your application? Just saying, but given your circumstance, this may have helped. Sorry about everything, it's Europe's gain!!

hi i sent you a mail kindly reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Stadiax:

For all other expenses... Payment of additional fund is based on personal conviction... My full funding will take care of my school fees with change to collect self....

I had already paid before getting d full funding....

How much was your full funding a year and what is the cost of room and board and additional expenses like fees and health insurance and books for one year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
maygreaves:

hmmm....has anyone requested for GCMS after an Approval......

Oga, I only gave a meaning about gcms file that will suit his/her current situation.

Nobody should take just what we see or read here as the best answer but should make more findings or ask more questions.
Google too can always solve or enlighten the case at hand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
they will call for it if needed.

McOsheBaba:
Please, I have a quick question. If I get my new admission letter after deferring the admission, do I need to submit the new admission letter to CIC or wait till they request for it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kvivien: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Gud day Sir, pls I applied for student visa since May 5th. Biometrics have been completed but I haven't heard anything from the visa officers. Is there a way I can write to the visa officers to remind them cos the processing time has already elapsed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
1. In my humble opinion, PGD/C are reasoned to be attached to your (new) job/vocation. For ex. you trained as a diplomat but want to branch into (say) law, it is expected that you'd get a PGd/c to officially familiarize you with the new line.
2. The school is concerned with the suitability of your Dip/Cert to your previous degree or job (and you have crossed that?) while the VO would be concerned with why you are not doing the PGD/C in your country. My point is that what you should work on majorly is convincing the VO why you dont want to do the prog here in NG ...this is the main thing.

1. Convince the VO that the prog is aligned to your present job ( or previous degree)
2. why not in Nigeria but canada

ceceliaa34:
Hi guys... I'll be applying for visa against winter session this week.
I think I'm done with my SOP, but I feel I've not addressed the issue of why PGD instead of Masters well. My reasons include, low GPA, pgd serves a masters degree gateway, cost-friendly, intensive and hands-on practical oriented. The reasons sound disjointed and I'm having a hard time bringing them all together.

Also, @Austinpee, could you please review my SOP? I know you probably get lots of requests already but I'll appreciate your input. Sent you a PM already.

Lastly, what are CIC passport photo requirements (size, specs etc) and how many copies am I supposed to include in my application?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
Klem28:
Kindly give me ur email add bro. I still need to talk with you

I will send you a mail after close of business today.
That's when I get home. I got your mail address from your previous message to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
Stadiax:

I have just bin delayed for the third time.. Guess Canada is not for everyone..... Reasons are not satisfied I will return to my country based on purpose of visit, travel history and personal n financial status.... I paid some funds to the school and also got full funding ..i applied on July 14.....guess is time to move on. Painful... Thanks house
I'm in your shoe bro, 3rd time denial today.... I really can't explain how I feel right now cox even my sponsor who happens to be my uncle feels I've got badluck.... I just believe God is in control... Things will surely get better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
bbclue:

Wao..oga wealth360 is being awhile.....hope you are doing good
Yes oooo. am fine. Thanks. assignments and deadlines plenty here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Klem28(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
guzenaira:

I will send you a mail after close of business today.
That's when I get home. I got your mail address from your previous message to me.
God's blessing and favour bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Klem28(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
oluswagger:
1. In my humble opinion, PGD/C are reasoned to be attached to your (new) job/vocation. For ex. you trained as a diplomat but want to branch into (say) law, it is expected that you'd get a PGd/c to officially familiarize you with the new line.
2. The school is concerned with the suitability of your Dip/Cert to your previous degree or job (and you have crossed that?) while the VO would be concerned with why you are not doing the PGD/C in your country. My point is that what you should work on majorly is convincing the VO why you dont want to do the prog here in NG ...this is the main thing.

1. Convince the VO that the prog is aligned to your present job ( or previous degree)
2. why not in Nigeria but canada

I think I appreciate this my brother, your view is exactly what my case is but I think I tried to chronicle this in my SOP and yet refused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bulalakoboko(m): 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Can somebody with a visiting visa to Canada be able to work? A family friend got his visiting visa today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
Already applied to some schools now for fall 2018. Having correspondence with them.
Omo, the CAD to NGN rate high o.
Also, applied for and got my passport last week Thursday. Anyone with me? Let's go there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by earthgreeners(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Scholarships in Canada for Africans

September 14, 2017 – Complete a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finance at a university in Canada, plus professional development through an internship and mentoring program.

Program name: African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program
Funding organizations: Government of Canada and the MasterCard Foundation
Managing organization: Canadian Bureau for International Education, in partnership with the Institute of Public Administration of Canada
Target audiences: Young African professionals between the age of 22 and 35 with 2-5 years’ experience in the public sector, civil society or research institute in Africa
Destination: 28 universities across Canada
Duration: 1 or 2-year programs starting in September 2018
Deadline: October 13, 2017, to submit a preliminary questionnaire. Eligible candidates will receive a link to the online application platform.

http://www.scholarships-bourses.gc.ca/scholarships-bourses/news-nouvelles/2017/2017-09-14.aspx?lang=eng
http://cbie.ca/what-we-do/current-programs/african-leaders-of-tomorrow/eligibility-selection-criteria/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
Philadelphia:
Already applied to some schools now for fall 2018. Having correspondence with them.
Omo, the CAD to NGN rate high o.
Also, applied for and got my passport last week Thursday. Anyone with me? Let's go there.
Cool, research course work?
Still waiting for profs reply from schools
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by larrytorch(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
By the Grace of God I will be applying for TRV soon.

I have been seeing a lot about the financial part of the app on this thread, but there are certain things I do not understand yet. For instance, the sponsorship part: In my case, I'm not the one sponsoring myself but my dad. Do I need to open an account for myself and deposit huge sum of money into it or what? I'm quite confused about that.

Another is that, when is a large sum of money considered money lodging?

Better still, I'd prefer if I can get a detailed information about sponsorship and anything that has to account/finance. This way, there won't be a need to ask any questions regarding this matter again in the future, and others can learn from this information. Thanks.

Austinpee4, guzenaira, thesoj and the ogas at the top. I doff my hat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
Holyfield1:
I'm in your shoe bro, 3rd time denial today.... I really can't explain how I feel right now cox even my sponsor who happens to be my uncle feels I've got badluck.... I just believe God is in control... Things will surely get better

When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
my bro it aint badluck oooo...wat u believe in life works 4u..if u believe u gah badluck then badluck will fall on u...cloud ur mind with positive thoughts...urs is small...i know of a guy that got his trv approved on the 6th time...5 failed attempts...even inventors b4 there inventions finally get approved...if you ask them they will tell u they tried countless times b4 there invention worked finally...so my bother if it fails on a third time...and it happens to fall this period.....just believe mayb God doesnt want you to experience intense cold temperature getting above -20 decrees Celsius in Canny....maybe he wants you to get in canada during winter 2018 because of a reason....Remember God is wiser than anything u can think of...u will understand later wen u get in canada...so order ur gcms file take your time to understand the reason 4 ur denial dont just rush n refire...if posible get all three gcms file and compare...isolate the problem...tackle n refire...in ur SOP...straight to the point since you got three denials....no long talk..just hit the nail at the point u gathered from ur gcms files...calm down wen doing all this...coz u urself matter in the whole process...wen u r desperate u tend to display it unknowingly even to the VO, ur subconscious does the work...finally believe in GOD...dont ignore God because u think ur application is d best....after u submit ur application do sumtin positive with ur time...engage in sumtin meaningful...b4 u know it it ll just happen...n u ll come share ur testimony...so my bro order ur gcms file ...take time to tackle the issue after gettin all gcms files...dont rush n refire coz uve been denied three times now..i suppose after ur 2nd denial u rushed the third application to meet fall....4get about dat...take ur time...above all...God first....i dont believe in such tin as badluck...itz ur mindset, ur thoughts that actract the so called talk called badluck...n b4 u know it...it starts manifesting in eritin u do...as ur believe about badluck increases so ur problem increases..b4 u know it 20 times sef ur application wont b approved...so first clear any negative thought...some got there trv approved after 4 times failure, some 5 times...God's grace will manifest in ur life as u apply this wise council..bless you
Holyfield1:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.