Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827138 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:

It is from Accra o, the thing gave me goosebumps on my skin. I did paper application and linked it online.
Please help sir
Hmmmm. This whole note for one person?

From purpose of visit to insufficient funds to travel history to employment prospect to relationship to sponsor to poorly written SOP etc.. Pheww!!!

This one need microscope or binoculars!

Firstly, share your profile. (degree, intended program, employment history, sponsor, your home ties etc).

This visa officer vex sha.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

Mehn, i want to believe this certainly isn't from accra visa office(stand to be corrected though). Looks alien compared to the notes from accra visa officers.

Did you apply online?
Asin!this must be a phd vo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zaynabola: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello guys, I'm new here and I'm applying to university of Alberta in canada, please any idea on the level of competition as my course does not require ant examination i.e GRE nor IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=AugustChild post=60852067]

Hello boss,

What did you write in the study plan/SOP you submitted?

Because every other reason is based on this

"... The applicant has provided a study plan that poorly explains why they would like to take this course at this point in their life and what benefit they expect to get from it. It is often vague and lacking in concrete details that would make it convincing. It also contains errors that suggest the applicant is not ready for their intended course of education. Overall, the plan isn't reasonable given their stated intentions, age, as well as academic and professional history...."

So, I ask again, wetin dey your SOP/Study plan?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
zaynabola:
Hello guys, I'm new here and I'm applying to university of Alberta in canada, please any idea on the level of competition as my course does not require ant examination i.e GRE nor IELTS

Level of competition is very very high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zaynabola: 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
Any tip on what I can do to stand out?
maziude:

Level of competition is very very high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
#Long Post and #Repost

Hello guys,

This is for those who ask information about which school to apply to and how to start admission process. Not to sound too blunt or insensitive; the era of spoon feeding is over.

STEPS

1) Your first task is to use google or other search engine to search for universities or colleges.

2) Check if they have the programme you need or want to study.

3) Compare and contrast schools and programmes, check fees and other things.

4) Contact the admissions or programme offices, explain what you want and ask questions, they would be able to give you a better answer.

5) Then if you need opinions from people with past experiences, you can come to the forum with these sets of new information you have gathered and ask for opinions.

6) If satisfied, apply, Else, go to step one.

7) If you get an offer, go to 8.

8 ) Gather your documents depending on your situation.

9) Apply for permit.

10) Pray for approval.

11) If approved, congratulations, Else re-strategize and go to 8.

The above steps are basically the steps required for admission and permit application.

Step 5 involves us but you must have done 1-4 yourself with proofs.

FOR FUNDING.....................................

1) For Bachelors degree applicant/students, please ensure you ask your programme officer/department/award office, there is always this award you qualify for but you may not know unless you ask. Also, seek external funding; most of these scholarships are advertised on your school's "Tuition and funding" pages. Please make use of that information, you might also qualify for them too.

2) For Masters degree students. as in 1) above, please ask too. There is at least one funding you qualify for. It is possible you might not get in your first year, but with good grades, you qualify for some funding/scholarship (atleast tuition). Please be on the look and ask. For those going for research based or thesis based, most schools usually have funding, if you cannot find it on their website, ask your supervisor (who in most cases is your primary contact), the admission office, the graduate coordinator or anyone in charge of students. Your supervisor might not have funding at the moment, but the school might have a form of scholarship. Please ask!

3) For PhD students. More often than not PhD students are usually funded via their research units or labs. However, there are other forms of funding you might qualify for. Also ask. Too much funding wont kill (LOL). If you research unit is not funding, I am sure you qualify for some departmental funding in terms of TAs, but you never know unless you ask. I think there is this rule that PhDs are always funded no matter how small it is (I am not sure though). However, ask still.

4) Most schools have international admission scholarships. These are awarded to student who meet a certain score during admission. Please endeavour to ask what you admission score is, if your school offer such. They will tell you, atleast with that you will know if you meet the scholarship threshold or not. As an example, a friend had no idea, that uottawa offer such until I told her to ask. She did and was told her score but unfortunately her score didnt meet the threshold.

Finally, If you didnt get any kind funding from school, please ensure you atleast have funds that will keep you going for a year (I mean for fees, accommodation and upkeep). The first years are usually tough, but we will always scale through in the end.

For the bosses still awaiting the approval of their TRVS, I wish you Godspeed, God's grace and favours.

It shall end in praises for us all.

Peace...

Mazi

PS:

I had to make this post so that the silent readers and new comers will know the general steps required especially for admission. Please do your homework first, then come here to ask for opinions or advice.
People, please always search first. Do not ask vague questions about your chances for admission or funding because no one here has an idea. All we can do is speculate and advice still based on speculations. So, do your home work before coming for any form of advice.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
zaynabola:
Any tip on what I can do to stand out?

Do your best and hope for the best.

You are competing with students from other nations, so submit your application crossing every "t's" and dotting all "i's".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

Mehn, i want to believe this certainly isn't from accra visa office(stand to be corrected though). Looks alien compared to the notes from accra visa officers.

Did you apply online?

There is nothing alien about it. Quite comprehensive I must say. Coming from an overachiever and ambitious new VO perhaps. Went past the normal mold of three, four lines that VOs routinely issue. I know English is not our first language. But seriously, people really need to learn how to write. Any mistake on your Statement of Explanation probably has a VO shaking his/her head on what kind of subpar school the person went to. I actually seen this in people with full scholarship and first class honors from Nigerian universities admitted to Canadian schools. Those who send me their SOP for review. It has me wondering all the time how these people obtained admission. We need to be better my fellow compatriots. English is Nigeria's official language.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=maziude post=60853392][/quote]
I'm a high school graduate and my sop contains my volunteer work, my program in a college (computer science - University transfer after 2 years). I wrote about the program why I chose the program, my sponsor (family friend) sponsoring me and pays allowances to me for years now. I didn't even write about my family apart saying I'm coming back to them.
I explained benefits of the program and how it would help my life
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Promise005: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
danadigun234:
Good afternoon all,

Hello, you can mail the school and ask them for their email address where u can send the transcript to. They reply immediately
This will be my first time of commenting on this thread even though i have been a silent follower for some time now. I am simply humbled by the shear volume of information on this thread. You guys have been awesome.

This is my concern and i hope to get help. I am currently applying to Conestoga College for a PGD. I noticed to complete the application, i need to upload all my documents including transcripts. The problem is My school doesn't give transcripts to students. They only send transcripts by mail to your school of choice.

For you guys that have applied to Conestoga please how did you do it? Or which address do i tell my school to send transcripts to? I have combed the entire conestoga website. i cant find any information on where transcripts are sent to. Please i need your help guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=maziude post=60853392][/quote]
Please I can send it to you so you see it o. I wrote English.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:
Good evening everyone,
I'm new here and I really don't know how things are done here but I greet everyone. I just checked Google about Canada visa information and I was shown here. Well, I won't say it's late getting here but my Canada visa was refused. It's my first refusal, the reasons are
1) have sufficient & available financial resources without working in Canada to pay tuition fees for program intend to pursue
2) travel history
3) purpose of visit
4) employment prospect in country of residence
5)current employment situation
6) personal assets and financial status

My sponsor is my father's friend and he gave me his bank statement and also transfered money to me after paying tuition and accommodation.
I have traveled to Togo (I normally go there for small business buying)
I'm going for undergraduate studies : science (University transfer) in a college (I will move to a university after a year study in the college)
I submitted my bank statement with alot of money apart from that of my sponsor
I'm a volunteer (been doing it after sec school, although I still travel to Togo to buy things to sell)
Im 20 years not married (finished sec school 2 years ago)
I showed my land papers as assets and ties
Please everyone your help is needed. Please everyone (members and gurus). Thank you and God bless you
@maziude @austinpee @juynwa @CanadianNurse
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:
Good evening everyone,
I'm new here and I really don't know how things are done here but I greet everyone. I just checked Google about Canada visa information and I was shown here. Well, I won't say it's late getting here but my Canada visa was refused. It's my first refusal, the reasons are
1) have sufficient & available financial resources without working in Canada to pay tuition fees for program intend to pursue
2) travel history
3) purpose of visit
4) employment prospect in country of residence
5)current employment situation
6) personal assets and financial status

My sponsor is my father's friend and he gave me his bank statement and also transfered money to me after paying tuition and accommodation.
I have traveled to Togo (I normally go there for small business buying)
I'm going for undergraduate studies : science (University transfer) in a college (I will move to a university after a year study in the college)
I submitted my bank statement with alot of money apart from that of my sponsor
I'm a volunteer (been doing it after sec school, although I still travel to Togo to buy things to sell)
Im 20 years not married (finished sec school 2 years ago)
I showed my land papers as assets and ties
Please everyone your help is needed. Please everyone (members and gurus). Thank you and God bless you
@maziude @austinpee @CanadianNurse @ jnyuwa02
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=Derksjock post=60844205][/quote] Sorry about your delay, we can't really do anything for now until you get the correspondence from cic and I will advise you order for your gcms note asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:

Gurus please
The reasons here are 1. Family ies. 2. Funds. 3. purpose of visit
Before I can say anything, I will like to know who your sponsor is to you? How much is your tuition fee? how much did your sponsor pledge for your studies? Did he pay the money into your account or pay your tuition? What is your highest qualification? what's your intended program and level?
Answer those questions then I can have more idea about it (I don't know if you have stated all these info in previous page but sorry I can't go through them now)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

Did you apply online?
Hi bro, how your side? From what I see, the vo is talking about family ties, purpose of visit and funds. He just decided to use big grammar to full the note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
platypelloid:
pls any one in the house should help.
The last time I heard of gtbank card the limit has been increased from $100/day. But I think a question like this will be better answered by your bank. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

Hmmmm. This whole note for one person?

From purpose of visit to insufficient funds to travel history to employment prospect to relationship to sponsor to poorly written SOP etc.. Pheww!!!

This one need microscope or binoculars!

Firstly, share your profile. (degree, intended program, employment history, sponsor, your home ties etc).

This visa officer vex sha.
Yes bro, he needs to share his profile cos from what I see I think it's just insufficient funds, purpose of visit and family ties. The vo no get chill at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
mcobex:
The reasons here are 1. Family ies. 2. Funds. 3. purpose of visit
Before I can say anything, I will like to know who your sponsor is to you? How much is your tuition fee? how much did your sponsor pledge for your studies? Did he pay the money into your account or pay your tuition? What is your highest qualification? what's your intended program and level?
Answer those questions then I can have more idea about it (I don't know if you have stated all these info in previous page but sorry I can't go through them now)
My sponsor is my dad's friend (best friend). Although I have decided to use my dad.
My tuition was 7500 cad per year
My highest qualification is my waec
Computer science (University transfer) it's a 2 year program in the college then you're transfered to a uni. It's stated in the admission letter. undergraduate program
My sponsor transfered the 2 years tuition + expenses (accommodation + expenses) to my naira account
He also gave me money to pay first semester fees after even giving me more than enough for the tuition of 2 yrs. My sponsor stated hes sponsoring me full time. He has just a pregnant wife(no other children) . Gave me his personal SOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
mcobex:
The last time I heard of gtbank card the limit has been increased from $100/day. But I think a question like this will be better answered by your bank. Good luck

Almost all the banks in Nigeria has increase their international transaction limit to $1000 a month instead of the usual $100 dollar courtesy of CBN directives. If you have issues paying online, you may consult your bank for approvals because of the banks requires you to inform them when travelling Abroad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:

I'm a high school graduate and my sop contains my volunteer work, my program in a college (computer science - University transfer after 2 years). I wrote about the program why I chose the program, my sponsor (family friend) sponsoring me and pays allowances to me for years now. I didn't even write about my family apart saying I'm coming back to them.
First, please stop "Quoting yourself repeatedly", it is not cool at all.
Now to the issue in ground, on the case of fund your sponsor who happens to be a third party should have paid your tuition fee and pay your living expenses into your bank account to convince the vo. In the case of family ties, you should have talked about your family and I want to believe you filled the family info form and since you have mentioned your family members there you should have explained it in your sop(use them as home ties). In the case of purpose of visit, what's your intended program? Is it computer science as well? if it is then you should also state in your sop why u want to spend millions to study computer science in Canada when in fact you have already started the program here in Nigeria and it is a course you can easily do here in Nigeria(very cheap).
NB: The vo doesn't know you and in the case your letter should tackle every single question the vo might want to ask you if it is a one on one interview but in this case your statement will do the answering on your behalf, so make it very sound and interesting for the vo. Sorry for your delay once again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
pvc4real:

Almost all the banks in Nigeria has increase their international transaction limit to $1000 a month instead of the usual $100 dollar courtesy of CBN directives. If you have issues paying online, you may consult your bank for approvals because of the banks requires you to inform them when travelling Abroad.
You quoted the wrong moniker but I believe the person involve will see your post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
danadigun234:
Good afternoon all,

This will be my first time of commenting on this thread even though i have been a silent follower for some time now. I am simply humbled by the shear volume of information on this thread. You guys have been awesome.

This is my concern and i hope to get help. I am currently applying to Conestoga College for a PGD. I noticed to complete the application, i need to upload all my documents including transcripts. The problem is My school doesn't give transcripts to students. They only send transcripts by mail to your school of choice.

For you guys that have applied to Conestoga please how did you do it? Or which address do i tell my school to send transcripts to? I have combed the entire conestoga website. i cant find any information on where transcripts are sent to. Please i need your help guys.

This should be useful. Get a company u are very familar with, either ur friends, family or ur company or any other one that u know a friend receives the company letter and request for ur transaction to b sent to that campany. It shouldn't take more that two weeks at worst a month. That should b that result cause as someone mentioned, u can request for a student trasnscrit from your school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:

My sponsor is my dad's friend (best friend). Although I have decided to use my dad.
My tuition was 7500 cad per year
My highest qualification is my waec
Computer science (University transfer) it's a 2 year program in the college then you're transfered to a uni. It's stated in the admission letter. undergraduate program
My sponsor transfered the 2 years tuition + expenses (accommodation + expenses) to my naira account
He also gave me money to pay first semester fees after even giving me more than enough for the tuition of 2 yrs. My sponsor stated hes sponsoring me full time. He has just a pregnant wife(no other children) . Gave me his personal SOA
Wow! This is serious, with what you wrote I don't think you should have issues with funds but since it's like this try and use your dad as sponsor but you will have to show proof of funds (your dad's ). I don't know if you showed proof of funds of your first sponsor? but that aside try and use your dad this time and make sure you show proof of funds, if you can't then use someone that you can show his/her proof of funds and let the sponsor(if he/she is a third party to explain why they are spending millions on you). You will also need to work on your letter of intent(sop ) cos for the vo to specifically talk about your sop it means you didn't explain yourself to his satisfaction.
Again, please on your sop make sure you give better reasons than your last why you want to spend millions studying computer science in Canada when you can spend far less than that doing it here in Nigeria. Sell yourself to the vo via your sop and you should be good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kemsure30: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello house
If I want to deposit my 10,000 Canadian dollars in mi dom account
Please how long does it have to be there ?
Secondly if I want a letter from the bank that my living expenses is in the account to the Canadian embassy
Pls will they agree to issue such a letter ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
mcobex:
First, please stop "Quoting yourself repeatedly", it is not cool at all.
Now to the issue in ground, on the case of fund your sponsor who happens to be a third party should have paid your tuition fee and pay your living expenses into your bank account to convince the vo. In the case of family ties, you should have talked about your family and I want to believe you filled the family info form and since you have mentioned your family members there you should have explained it in your sop(use them as home ties). In the case of purpose of visit, what's your intended program? Is it computer science as well? if it is then you should also state in your sop why u want to spend millions to study computer science in Canada when in fact you have already started the program here in Nigeria and it is a course you can easily do here in Nigeria(very cheap).
NB: The vo doesn't know you and in the case your letter should tackle every single question the vo might want to ask you if it is a one on one interview but in this case your statement will do the answering on your behalf, so make it very sound and interesting for the vo. Sorry for your delay once again

I thought the vo are usually skepital about huge sums of inflow in an account all at once? Am asking because my sponsor didn't make any deposits to my accounts, however she provied her payslips, acc bals, letter of sponsorship etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
mcobex:
Wow! This is serious, with what you wrote I don't think you should have issues with funds but since it's like this try and use your dad as sponsor but you will have to show proof of funds (your dad's ). I don't know if you showed proof of funds of your first sponsor? but that aside try and use your dad this time and make sure you show proof of funds, if you can't then use someone that you can show his/her proof of funds and let the sponsor(if he/she is a third party to explain why they are spending millions on you). You will also need to work on your letter of intent(sop ) cos for the vo to specifically talk about your sop it means you didn't explain yourself to his satisfaction.
Again, please on your sop make sure you give better reasons than your last why you want to spend millions studying computer science in Canada when you can spend far less than that doing it here in Nigeria. Sell yourself to the vo via your sop and you should be good

Boss,

The opening statement of the VO said it all. It all boils down to what he/she wrote in that study plan that really got the VO pissed.

@AugustChild, you can send your SOP...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
platypelloid:
pls any one in the house should help.
GTB can actually pay it. The monthly limit on their card is now $1000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by joyuzo(f): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ajakayekoke:
Please help me,I need cheap universities in canada,or college,cos I finished with a 2:2...

Or better still should I go for first degree?

How many months can I differ admission for..
Hello house...pls I just need confirmation on if schools in Canada accepts 2:2 for engineering masters program.im asking on behalf of my younger brother. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
sorry sir..your volunteer work, is it Computer inclined..if yes did you show evidences and references to some of your work...A VO needs to know why you going for a college program other than an undergraduate program in computer science...now reason been college programs are less expensive compared to degree program...so the VO is like he wants to migrate to canada Via study permit..college program for computer related courses make more sense when you show 3 - 4 years computer related work experience with extraordinary performance backed up with an evidence like maybe a project you worked on, and you input in your SOP that you need a professional experience in an area be it Programming, Database or networking and how it will help your firm and finally your country Nigeria ..For Finance did you write why this family friend is sponsoring you, what is so special about you that he decides to sponsor you...why is coz after u leave for skool will dis so called allowance continue, n did you show an evidence to this effect...did you show an evidence..how your family friend receives income and a breakdown of how he distributes his income...stated in AOS..wit evidence to backup this claim
AugustChild:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.