Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827153 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
someborry:
Hello peeps, had my biometrics last week Monday, pls can someone help with an insight on what to expect next and how does it take b4 they respond to me after biometrics?

Hello peeps,
Pls any info on what go expect next? Just trying to b proactive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
someborry:

I thought the vo are usually skepital about huge sums of inflow in an account all at once? Am asking because my sponsor didn't make any deposits to my accounts, however she provied her payslips, acc bals, letter of sponsorship etc.
If the source of fund is explained(with proof) you are good to go.If your sponsor is a third party she will need to show more commitment by paying your tuition fee and living expenses into your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
maziude:

Boss,

The opening statement of the VO said it all. It all boils down to what he/she wrote in that study plan that really got the VO pissed.

@AugustChild, you can send your SOP...
True
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
maziude:

Boss,

The opening statement of the VO said it all. It all boils down to what he/she wrote in that study plan that really got the VO pissed.

@AugustChild, you can send your SOP...
True boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MedellinCartel(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
jnyuwa02:

There is nothing alien about it. Quite comprehensive I must say. Coming from an overachiever and ambitious new VO perhaps. Went past the normal mold of three, four lines that VOs routinely issue. I know English is not our first language. But seriously, people really need to learn how to write. Any mistake on your Statement of Explanation probably has a VO shaking his/her head on what kind of subpar school the person went to. I actually seen this in people with full scholarship and first class honors from Nigerian universities admitted to Canadian schools. Those who send me their SOP for review. It has me wondering all the time how these people obtained admission. We need to be better my fellow compatriots. English is Nigeria's official language.
Dude you are spot on.

I've probably read at least 70 SOPs from various monikers on this thread since the past two years. At least 80% were very poorly written with grammatical errors everywhere, with incomplete sentences that obscure meaning, with logical & factual inconsistencies that undercut the applicant's credibility, and more.

A VO is likely to view such substandard SOPs as a sign of unpreparedness & unseriousness, which may lead to the conclusion that the applicant's purpose of visit is not credible. The larger point here is that the VO will also not be inclined to let such a "low quality immigrant" into Canada.

It makes little sense to the VO why an applicant would claim to want to leverage the high quality Canadian education when said applicant hasn't even leveraged the resources in his/her home country.

There are so many resources online on how to improve grammar. Anyone writing an SOP to a VO should take this extremely seriously. So far, it appears that many candidates on this thread don't do this. It is actually better to not write an SOP than to write a horrible one.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jpandjp1: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good evening house,

Please i am doing online application and i cant seem to find where i can attach other supporting documents like family pictures, certificates, assets documents etc.

kindly assist me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
@maziude I sent you a request on nairaland. please accept so I will sent it to you.
Thank you Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
@mcobex
Firstly sorry about quoting myself too much
Half of my tuition was paid and also half residence money and apart from those payments, the whole 2 years tuition and a year expenses plus miscellaneous was also paid by him into my naira account that's what I have.
I talked about my family as a tie apart from my house and lands and coming back to meet them.
My intended program is computer science (uni transfer) in a college. I am a volunteer, I teach computer basic science for free and I had a programming cert I did. All these I wrote in my sop and showed proof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
@gregorian
My volunteer work is computer inclined. Yes I stated why I wanted to start with college apart from it being a cheaper route and it's a transfer program to a university (that is boldly written in the admission letter & also the tuition paid). I submitted a programming certificate I did.
For my sponsor in his sponsorship letter, he wrote that he believed in my abilities and also apart from sponsoring me, he is preparing a position in his company for me when I graduate on information & data department
The allowance has been coming from years ago, yes i showed evidence in my bank SOA and also my sponsor wrote to that effect
Yes, my sponsor showed his income clearly and a breakdown of his expenses and even swore affidavit in a court
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Jpandjp1:
Good evening house,

Please i am doing online application and i cant seem to find where i can attach other supporting documents like family pictures, certificates, assets documents etc.

kindly assist me.
Put them into groups eg the space for marriage Cirt, just upload pdf of everything pertaining to ur marriage including family pic. The space for you letter of offer include everything pertaining to your education , certificates and all. For Proof of funds include ur statment of Acc and ur assets and so on.
Any additional documents or excesses put as 1 pdf together with ur letter of explanation in the Letter of explanation space.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
i Suppose your newly added letter of Explanation conflicted with the visa officers assumptions... after your sponsors financial income was analyzed and a breakdown of dependents to be sponsored, it occurred to the VO you will work to meet up your living expenses....Nywaiz your GCMS has a better explanation...this my LIL input...God will Favor you on your next application, Nothing spoil
Derksjock:
Good morning all, please I need some help, I applied for TRV on the 12th of June, 2017 and on the 28 of August, I was sent a request letter asking me to pay my full year tuition and provide proof of source of income of my sponsor plus number of dependants he had in his household, all of which I did by the 7th of september and uploaded the documented proofs alongside letters of explanation all just to be shocked by a refusal on the 21st of september and I am still yet to receive my correspondence letter as is hasn't yet been uploaded to my online account after even getting an email that my account was updated and that I should check for a message. I just need some closure and that correspondenc letter would have been a good start
I have ordered GCMS though and its a masters degree program at Uwaterloo, Electrical and computer Engineering
Undergraduate program :computer Engineering (1st class). Sponsor lives in Canada, a PR

Cc: jynuwa, Austinpee4, Gregorian, maziude ...please anybody that can at all help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Incorrect216:

� Anyone applied in McMaster or Ottawa here for January 2018 intake and got accepted? I'm quite worried as visa takes 11 weeks ltime as well�

Hi

I can speak for UOttawa, us true they get many applications, I applied for Sept 2017 intake but was accepted for Jan 2018 entry. But once you meet up with their requirements, you will be offered admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
That visa officer was angry with the quality of SOP written by the applicant. I guess the VO is an African. A VOs don't comment on the quality of our English composition. They know quite well that many Europeans with poorer English composition than ours do perform excellently in their fields. So, looking at the long epistle written by that VO, I am much more convinced that he/she is an African.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Christopher100: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good day house. Respect to all gurus in the house. I have been following this thread and I see that you guys have been doing great jobs. I was actually delayed on August 16th due to "Insufficient Funds". Immediately I requested for my GCMS note and I received it exactly after 30days. The reason for my delay was stated to be "Lump Deposit in my Sponsor's (uncle) Account from an Unknown Origin". Well, I have decided to reapply. My uncle has decided to settle me by paying 12million naira into my account, which covers my tuition and living expenses for my duration of study in Canada. My brother who manages a fish pond will be standing as a co-sponsor and he has already paid my first year tuition and he has also deposited 3million naira into my savings account for his support for my program. From my calculations, the funds Available for my proposed program in canada almost doubled the Actual Cost of my program (including tuition, living expenses and transports). Gurus in the house, my questions goes thus:
1. Is it implicating for my uncle to settle me ones and for all by paying my funding into my account?
2. Is it still necessary to submit my uncles statement of account since I will definitely submit my personal bank account statement (showing credit/inflow from my uncle and brother accordingly).
3. What should be the necessary financial documents that I must submit.
4. Similar question goes for my brother. What and what could benecessary documents for a fish farmer to submit.
Looking forward for an advice bosses in the house...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
Christopher100:
Good day house. Respect to all gurus in the house. I have been following this thread and I see that you guys have been doing great jobs. I was actually delayed on August 16th due to "Insufficient Funds". Immediately I requested for my GCMS note and I received it exactly after 30days. The reason for my delay was stated to be "Lump Deposit in my Sponsor's (uncle) Account from an Unknown Origin". Well, I have decided to reapply. My uncle has decided to settle me by paying 12million naira into my account, which covers my tuition and living expenses for my duration of study in Canada. My brother who manages a fish pond will be standing as a co-sponsor and he has already paid my first year tuition and he has also deposited 3million naira into my savings account for his support for my program. From my calculations, the funds Available for my proposed program in canada almost doubled the Actual Cost of my program (including tuition, living expenses and transports). Gurus in the house, my questions goes thus:
1. Is it implicating for my uncle to settle me ones and for all by paying my funding into my account?
2. Is it still necessary to submit my uncles statement of account since I will definitely submit my personal bank account statement (showing credit/inflow from my uncle and brother accordingly).
4. Similar question goes for my brother. What and what could benecessary documents for a fish farmer to submit.
summit all there statements showing the transactions/transfers made to ur account . Also get a letter from both ur uncle and brother that they are sponsoring your and explain in the letter how they made the transfer. Also include ur birth cert and your brothers birt cert to show that u are truly brothers. U can also include documents to show ur brother has a fish farm eg receipts and CAC documents. For you uncle you need to include source of funds.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
Senatorkolade:
That visa officer was angry with the quality of SOP written by the applicant. I guess the VO is an African. VOs don't comment on the quality of our English composition. They know quite well that many Europeans with poorer English composition than ours do perform excellently in their fields. So, looking at the long epistle written by that VO, I am much more convinced that he/she is an Africa
Haha...i wished they were!

Actually, Canadian visa officers at any embassy are full Canadian citizens same with other embassies.

The embassy may have indigenous staffs of their host countries or other countries but certainly, the visa officers will be a citizen of the country they represent. Don't forget, they must work for the interest of their country and act according to their laws and regulations.

Other nationals may be biased in either issuance of visas or from mere sentiments. All Canadian visa officers are Canadians!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pennstate(m): 10:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Are Africans not canadian citizens?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AugustChild,

One vital thing you may want to know is that your program would be financially demanding and you will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that your sponsor will live up to the responsibility. Your purpose of visit is questionable from the length of your program to how you explained the transferability to a university after completion. You probably didn't explicitly put them together very well.

Here is what i would suggest.

1. Get a direct undergraduate program in a university showing a full program of a bachelor's degree.

2. Have your sponsor pay your full first year tuition and have your living expenses in convertible currency.

3. Write a short SOP of your passion and your achievements. Leave unnecessary things out of it. You probably are very young and will find out as you progress in your endeavour what would matter to you more. The VOs are aware of this considering your age.
Too much of unnecessary information in your SOP would suggest you didn't write it yourself and ultimately would make you seem unprepared for your proposed program. Just leave it simple and what your ambitions are in future as well as how the degree would help you.

They have summarized your previous application and any new application would be reviewed from that premise. Work closely with your GCMS note, don't try too hard to impress them, consistently put your information together and you will be good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
we work with them and I know quite a number of them here in Lagos that are Canadians but African origin. They were also the beneficiaries of this immigration process in the past but wants to destroy the ladder that they took to Canada.
The greatest ordeal I have encountered in my travel history is how I was delayed for three hours at the Atlanta Airport last year by a black immigration officer. Guess what, the man is a Gambian-American IO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
pennstate:
Are Africans not canadian citizens?.
Senatorkolade:
we work with them and I know quite a number of them here in Lagos that are Canadians but African origin. They were also the beneficiaries of this immigration process in the past but wants to destroy the ladder that they took to Canada.
The greatest ordeal I have encountered in my travel history is how I was delayed for three hours at the Atlanta Airport last year by a black immigration officer. Guess what, the man is a Gambian-American IO.

I agree but my point is that in their role as VO, they are Canadian citizens and have taken an oath to protect the interest of Canada first at all times irrespective of their other nationality. That's actually my point.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

I agree but my point is that in their role as VO, they are Canadian citizens and have taken an oath to protect the interest of Canada first at all times irrespective of their other nationality. That's actually my point.
Lol, don't Nigerian politicians take oath?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
thesoj:

Dude you are spot on.
Oga thesoj...I don pm u o. Pls respond when you can.
Thanks/eshe/nagode/daalu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Christopher100:
1. It is not implicating "namesake" but he must have to write a letter of support to this effect and also show his source of fund and also tell the vo how many dependants he has(the vo will like to know if he will still be able to carter for then after giving you #12mil)
2.In this case it's not that necessary (since he is paying the money that will cover your entire program) but to be on a safer side please tell him to give you his soa as well.
3/4. In your case, submit your soa. In the case of both sponsors, submit their respective soa and source of fund(like salary slip or CAC documents if they run their own company)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by danadigun234: 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
someborry:

This should be useful. Get a company u are very familar with, either ur friends, family or ur company or any other one that u know a friend receives the company letter and request for ur transaction to b sent to that campany. It shouldn't take more that two weeks at worst a month. That should b that result cause as someone mentioned, u can request for a student trasnscrit from your school.

Thanks bros. I'll try that. But does it mean Conestoga doesn't accept transcripts directly from Universities? I don't understand. But they should know these things na... chai. Bros thanks sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
AugustChild:
@maziude I sent you a request on nairaland. please accept so I will sent it to you.
Thank you Sir

This guy is still throwing arrows. Are you sure you are ready for school in Canada buddy?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

Haha...i wished they were!

Actually, Canadian visa officers at any embassy are full Canadian citizens same with other embassies.

The embassy may have indigenous staffs of their host countries or other countries but certainly, the visa officers will be a citizen of the country they represent. Don't forget, they must work for the interest of their country and act according to their laws and regulations.

Other nationals may be biased in either issuance of visas or from mere sentiments. All Canadian visa officers are Canadians!

It is possible for VO to be African. Maybe an African who lived in Canada and obtained citizenship and now works in a Canadian oversea mission. In my practise of immigration law in the U.S., I have come across a fair share of judges who are immigrants themselves from other countries and they are they worst judges to have. I have also come across administrators who interview and issue greencards to applicants. They were African administrators. They are always so merciless those foreign born trier of facts. So it is not beyond the pale, the suggestion that a VO could be African.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
jnyuwa02:

This guy is still throwing arrows. Are you sure you are ready for school in Canada buddy?

'I may be wrong' but I certainly believe that nobody is an Island of knowledge.

Like an advert says, 'There is a drop of greatness in everyman'. When you see an error and you know it's an error, correct or ignore it.

Moreover, we are all here to learn and the opportunity we have really differs.

I am not condemning anyone and my message isn't directed to anybody but I just want us to learn.

No body is perfect.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
guzenaira:

'I may be wrong' but I certainly believe that nobody is an Island of knowledge.

Like an advert says, 'There is a drop of greatness in everyman'. When you see an error and you know it's an error, correct or ignore it.

Moreover, we are all here to learn and the opportunity we have really differs.

I am not condemning anyone and my message isn't directed to anybody but I just want us to learn.

No body is perfect.

Fair enough. I hope he gets the help he deserves! The case is a difficult one with the African VO who already botched it. Lol. But anything is possible with God!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 11:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AugustChild

I sincerely know what you could be passing through most especially with your refusal and the rare response from the VO on your application.

The best advice I have for you is to listen and take note of all the 'positive' comments made by experienced monikers about your case. When you try to answer all questions thrown at you sometimes you will make some grammatical construction error.

Ponder on all the advice you get here and make sure that the next application will be the best.

Am not a saint, am also prone to errors but the way I view your case might be different to another person. Follow up on Prof. Maziude about the SOP and let him help you reconstruct it but I doubt if he will have the time for now.

Lastly, when a man is in a difficult situation, people are likely to see him as a failure but when he also have that opinion about himself, then he has truly failed.

All the best in your next application.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.