Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827126 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Dredre01:

Are you the one i met at vfl that day? Am Dare

Sincerely I have no idea, were you at Abuja Vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
yeahkim:
submitted my application on the 26th of June and just got the request for another LOA as well as medicals today
Congratulations in advance. Please share your profile to the hopefuls in the house. We could learn one or two.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone, winter hopefuls I hope we're ready to flood the house with goodnews. I pray it ends in praise for us.
Please I have a question, my sponsor is a third party & has long paid my living expenses into my acct with proof. Can I apply without his SOA since I already have access to the funds?
NB: I have paid tuition.
Regards.

cc: Austinepee, thesoj, guzenaira & other gurus...plsss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help on this one. Have just being admitted and I want to begin with the application for a visa study permit. Does any know the forms am to fill and submit cos I wouldn't want to make any mistake or omit any form. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Michaelbay: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please guys any school with undergraduate studies without toefl or IELTS and first year tuition fee is $8k to 9k?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dredre01(m): 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

Sincerely I have no idea, were you at Abuja Vfs?
Sorry, not you because it was in lagos. Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yeahkim: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Congratulations in advance. Please share your profile to the hopefuls in the house. We could learn one or two.
Okay got admitted for masters into University of ottawa for fall but had to defer to january because of the delay. Did the online route with no upfront medical on 26th June and no update till today asking for new LOA and also medical request. If you have any other question you can email me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Michaelbay: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hey guruz please I'm filling my gcms note and i will be using my brother credit card to make payment and his currently living in canada. My question is do I fill is address in the question box or mine and there is box where they ask me to attach proof of requests I.D stated I have to be living in canada should I use mine or his?. Guys please I need your response ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
dayusin:

What is your application status saying ? Has a final decision been made without review of Eligibility ?
A final decision hasn't been made yet, Eligibility Status says we are reviewing maybe you meet the eligibility requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omohakin: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
please house, has anyone made tuition payment to concordia university before from Nigeria. i need urgent information. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hey homies need help
Does anyone knows how long it would take to get visa after medical submission? (Study permit for Canada / Holland college) I submitted my reports about two weeks now or more now and I haven't gotten any feedback from the embassy, am seriously screwed because my program already started a month ago so am always super worried, I should appreciate it if any one answers my question.. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oh and I waited bout 2 months and the half before I was told to come pick up an " interim mail " anyone help can't wait another day without getting any clue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
Dredre01:

Sorry, not you because it was in lagos. Best

Aii, did you apply online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
you ll need to state his current address in canada and it should tally with his ID card...you must scan and send...via his id card number they will query his record in there database, if it doesnt match they will decline ur request
Michaelbay:
Hey guruz please I'm filling my gcms note and i will be using my brother credit card to make payment and his currently living in canada. My question is do I fill is address in the question box or mine and there is box where they ask me to attach proof of requests I.D stated I have to be living in canada should I use mine or his?. Guys please I need your response ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mandoy:

A final decision hasn't been made yet, Eligibility Status says we are reviewing maybe you meet the eligibility requirement.
We're in the same shoes. April 3rd and nothing till date cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PhilipWebb: 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
jnyuwa02:

How did you apply? I am imagining online cos you currently travelling with your passport. With online, they will ask you send in your passport if they want to approve you. And with paper route, you can go pick up your submitted passport at VFS office or it can be couriered to you wherever you are if you are approved or rejected. The processing time of 15 weeks applies to both routes. Online routes too, your passport can be courierd back to you wherever you are (after you submitted it at their request). Nobody can tell you when your application will finish processing. Some get the nod in three weeks, others 2 or 3 months, others close to a year. One woman/man today, by the name OmoJehovah, rejoicing and channeling the spirit of her risen Lord, got the nod after a whopping 7 months.

What country are you in? You need to email them and tell them where you are. You will need to photocopy pages of your passport and visa(s) and send them to Accra via email. That would add to your travelled country. Can help you if you can document a history of having travelled outside of Nigeria to any or most major western countries and returned back. That is positive countervailing travel equity that can win you Candadian visa approval.

A PR and visa application are separate processes meant to be kept apart. A PR application can effect a visa application only if you were banned for misrepresentation. It would mean you cannot apply for any of these benefits in 3 or 5 years. It cannot affect you insofar as PR ruining your chances for getting a visa because by virtue of applying for a PR, you showed intention of immigrating to Canada. The calculus doesn't go that way. The two process can be undertaken at the same time and many have done so with success.

Deferring your admission at UW will not effect your current pending visa application with CIC. You can preemptively supply CIC with renewed admission papers or wait for them to request it from you. Talk to your supervisor or graduate coordinator at UW. Some schools allow several deferrals, some allow once and other schools, none at all. It is important to know what the polices of your school are concerning deferral. Good luck!

Thanks for the response.
So sorry I am new here, and I hope this is the right way to respond/follow up.
Yes, I applied online.
The current issue now is that: The school said I can not defer. That I will have to re-apply for admission in 2018.
Kindly advise: Do I have to notify Canada High commission, cos I seriously cant follow through with the current resumption date due to some family issues or I should just wait for their(High Commission's) final decision anyways? If I do not pay my initial deposit/first installment in 5 days time, I will lose my admission slot and I do not want to make the payment because I wont be able to resume January (reason stated above).
Will the school notify high commission that I have opted for a different admission session?

Please(@jnyuwa02 ) can I have your email address, there is a lot I cant really write here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hey homies need help
Does anyone knows how long it would take to get visa after medical submission? (Study permit for Canada / Holland college) I submitted my reports about two weeks now or more now and I haven't gotten any feedback from the embassy, am seriously screwed because my program already started a month ago so am always super worried, I should appreciate it if any one answers my question.. thanks

Any one? Just the duration from the current experienced.. Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Michaelbay: 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
GREGORIAN:
you ll need to state his current address in canada and it should tally with his ID card...you must scan and send...via his id card number they will query his record in there database, if it doesnt match they will decline ur request

Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dredre01(m): 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

Aii, did you apply online?
No, paper application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
bronze25:
Hello everyone, winter hopefuls I hope we're ready to flood the house with goodnews. I pray it ends in praise for us.
Please I have a question, my sponsor is a third party & has long paid my living expenses into my acct with proof. Can I apply without his SOA since I already have access to the funds?
NB: I have paid tuition.
Regards.

cc: Austinepee, thesoj, guzenaira & other gurus...plsss

Madam,
To be on a safer side, like the bold words above said, kindly add the 'proof' to it no matter how long it has been. Draw the attention of the VO to it.
I have seen cases where the VO makes decision and the applicant added what the VO said he/she didn't see in the application.

Sometimes, it will look as if the VO didn't go through the app before making decision but you need to duly put up a tight and convincing application.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
PhilipWebb:

Thanks for the response.
So sorry I am new here, and I hope this is the right way to respond/follow up.
Yes, I applied online.
The current issue now is that: The school said I can not defer. That I will have to re-apply for admission in 2018.
Kindly advise: Do I have to notify Canada High commission, cos I seriously cant follow through with the current resumption date due to some family issues or I should just wait for their(High Commission's) final decision anyways? If I do not pay my initial deposit/first installment in 5 days time, I will lose my admission slot and I do not want to make the payment because I wont be able to resume January (reason stated above).
Will the school notify high commission that I have opted for a different admission session?

Please(@jnyuwa02 ) can I have your email address, there is a lot I cant really write here.

A little cajoling and coercing will help, don't just give up yet, try and explain to the school that Nigeria has a backlog in visa processing and the High Commission is swamped and buried processing student visas. Perhaps the school will be reasonable and create an exception for you. If they refuse to do so, apply to another school. Don't say anything to the High Commission yet. Let the process continue on both fronts with your getting a new letter and the visa process continuing. If the High Commission emails you to produce a new letter of admission, at least you know they want to give you visa. You can produce the letter of admission from the school currently you have admission (if they defer) or the new one you applied (if you get admission). No the High Commission will not inform the school of anything and neither will the school inform the High Commission. The burden of proof to produce a new letter of admission is all up to you. Best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jonaslokk:
Hey homies need help

Any one? Just the duration from the current experienced.. Please

Nobody knows how long its gonna take. Just pray and be anxious of nothing, but with prayer and supplication make your request. Go about your life doing the things you enjoy the most and be productive. Defer your admission to January. They will call you when they will. Don't forget to check your CIC email box weekly. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ehioziosa: 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please how do i apply for America visa lottery
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jonaslokk:
Oh and I waited bout 2 months and the half before I was told to come pick up an " interim mail " anyone help can't wait another day without getting any clue

Told by who and through what medium? You might have an update, perhaps a medical or biometric call or both. Perhaps even a decision on your case to respond to a finding of fact. Log online and check on the status of your application and also see if you have a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
ehioziosa:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
ehioziosa:

I think it has been abolished for Nigerians due to too much fraud I heard it rumored, but in reality according to the state department, Nigeria is now overrepresented in the U.S. The lottery is meant to help underrepresented countries in the U.S. to attain proportional representation. Nigerians no more can qualify for that program till further notice the last time I checked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Finished reading 266 pages. Great job guys. May God Almighty grant unto us our destinies in Jesus name, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ehioziosa: 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I think it has been abolished for Nigerians due to too much fraud I heard it rumored, but in reality according to the state department, Nigeria is now overrepresented in the U.S. The lottery is meant to help underrepresented countries in the U.S. to attain proportional representation. Nigerians no more can qualify for that program till further notice the last time I checked.

ok thanks, but which website can I use to access it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Nobody knows how long its gonna take. Just pray and be anxious of nothing, but with prayer and supplication make your request. Go about your life doing the things you enjoy the most and be productive. Defer your admission to January. They will call you when they will. Don't forget to check your CIC email box weekly. Best of luck!

Thanks. God bless �
But I still have to wait for months after medical? Everybody told me within a month even a friend over there that applied last year, well I guess things change. Ill keep praying thank u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 10:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Told by who and through what medium? You might have an update, perhaps a medical or biometric call or both. Perhaps even a decision on your case to respond to a finding of fact. Log online and check on the status of your application and also see if you have a mail.

Yeah I saw the message when I tracked it
The last mail was " mail sent for interim pick up " which was the medical request in it, I have done it for more than 2weeks so I thought I was supposed to have been granted by now (by God's grace) I have done everything just waiting for the visa (by God's grace) that I need this month if not a semester will be burnt

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.