Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,041 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827063 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
ehioziosa:

ok thanks, but which website can I use to access it

Google is for you, not against you. "U. S. Diversity Visa Lottery 2017"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:18am On Oct 11, 2017
bronze25:
Hello everyone, winter hopefuls I hope we're ready to flood the house with goodnews. I pray it ends in praise for us.
Please I have a question, my sponsor is a third party & has long paid my living expenses into my acct with proof. Can I apply without his SOA since I already have access to the funds?
NB: I have paid tuition.
Regards.

cc: Austinepee, thesoj, guzenaira & other gurus...plsss
One thing to also put into consideration aside having the required available funds for the first year is that officers will also ascertain the probability of your funding for the subsequent year if your program is more than a year. They review the sponsor's account statement to see how funds were accumulated over the 6 months period as well as the likelyhood of generating equivalent funds.

So yes, meeting the required funds for first year is as important as a statement of account of a sponsor that will sponsor you beyond the first year.

I'd say yes, add your sponsor's statement of account if he/she intends to sponsor you beyond your first year. Do not forget to add an affidavit of financial support/sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 2:56am On Oct 11, 2017
Abiodunne:

My bros I trowey salute give you. Them neva knack me the trv oo. Still hoping for the best
E go come my bro hold on tight , Aunty Derel where you dey ? I salute you oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2017
Dredre01:

No, paper application.

Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2017
Please I need you guys to assist me with this. I ordered for my Gcms file with my GTB MasterCard and was deducted. Attached picture was all got afterwards and it's been 2 days now but no mail response yet. I guess I didn't do the right thing or what? How do I go from here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:22am On Oct 11, 2017
Judgepelumi:
We're in the same shoes. April 3rd and nothing till date cry cry
has ur eligibility review started and is ur medical passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2017
Holland college PEI? Same DLI as mine, I've sent you a PM, kindly respond when you get the chance.
Best wishes
Jonaslokk:
Hey homies need help
Does anyone knows how long it would take to get visa after medical submission? (Study permit for Canada / Holland college) I submitted my reports about two weeks now or more now and I haven't gotten any feedback from the embassy, am seriously screwed because my program already started a month ago so am always super worried, I should appreciate it if any one answers my question.. thanks

Any one? Just the duration from the current experienced.. Please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2017
Michaelbay:
Hello guruz please my application has exceeded the normal processing time and my school has withdrawn my admission but God is able as i am try to apply for another school for UG program for next year. But i have been trying to request for my GCMS NOTE but each time I tried click on continue where I had filled my UCI and application number it's says The format of the client identification number is invalid. Must be one of the following formats: ####-#### or ##-####-####. And I confirmed digit number was correct. I need your suggestions people's? That should be ur application number not UCI number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Mandoy:

has ur eligibility review started and is ur medical passed
Started first week August, waiting for medical request, Just requested for my notes. Hbu?
I sent you a pm btw
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
KingIbot:
Good evening everyone please I wanna know if there is any university in Canada that accepts waec for undergraduate planning to study medicine and surgery and maybe with scholarship.
Thanks
For medicine and surgery u need to have ur PR and should have lived in that province, passed ur MCAT and other things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
Ope100:
Holland college PEI? Same DLI as mine, I've sent you a PM, kindly respond when you get the chance.
Best wishes

Yeah Yeah.
PEI, CharlotteTown.
Aiight will do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=61282373][/quote]
Wow. this is lovely. Thanks for sharing.
rgds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=61282373][/quote]
Wow. this is lovely. Thanks for sharing.
rgds

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hello everyone, please if your course is 16months, is the study permit for 16months or 2 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
I've replied you boss, many thanks
Jonaslokk:

Yeah Yeah.
PEI, CharlotteTown.
Aiight will do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jumax: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
ehioziosa:
Please how do i apply for America visa lottery

If you are a Nigerian, am sorry we are no allowed to play the game because we have exceeding the amount needed in the US which is 50,000. Except you have a dual nationality.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KingIbot: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sugaro:
For medicine and surgery u need to have ur PR and should have lived in that province, passed ur MCAT and other things.
Thanks bro but am not sure if there is MCAT centre in 9ja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KingIbot: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
Sugaro:
was actually thinking of a way to apply from 9ja...actually saying this cos you said I should have lived in the province
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
if you make payment wit ur gtb card...by default the money is blocked for some 2 days or so for local transactions...but since u made an international order it takes about five days for the merchants to get the fund..so at the moment u dont get a complete response mail from the merchant..itz a new feature called block funds....call gtconnect n verify 08039003900...
Officialcomo:
Please I need you guys to assist me with this. I ordered for my Gcms file with my GTB MasterCard and was deducted. Attached picture was all got afterwards and it's been 2 days now but no mail response yet. I guess I didn't do the right thing or what? How do I go from here?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
GREGORIAN:
if you make payment wit ur gtb card...by default the money is blocked for some 2 days or so for local transactions...but since u made an international order it takes about five days for the merchants to get the fund..so at the moment u dont get a complete response mail from the merchant..itz a new feature called block funds....call gtconnect n verify 08039003900...

Okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
After every every, I was refused based on financial reasons. I wonder how they would deny someone who has full funding and yearly stipend of 12,000 CAD based on financial reasons. It's really sad.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hi guys!! Please I need your assistance. I booked Ethiopia airline from Lagos to Toronto with a stop over at Addis Ababa. On getting the itinerary, I saw stop 1- Addis Ababa to Dublin, stop 2 - Dublin to Toronto. There was no layover in Dublin. My question is, do I need an Ireland transit visa for such a trip? (I don't have one).
Since I wasn't too clear on the itinerary, I contacted the agency and the service agent didn't seem to understand, then she canceled the already paid booking. If you have an answer, kindly reply, it's urgent.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by princeadedayo: 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
Esughusughu:
Hi guys!! Please I need your assistance. I booked Ethiopia airline from Lagos to Toronto with a stop over at Addis Ababa. On getting the itinerary, I saw stop 1- Addis Ababa to Dublin, stop 2 - Dublin to Toronto. There was no layover in Dublin. My question is, do I need an Ireland transit visa for such a trip? (I don't have one).
Since I wasn't too clear on the itinerary, I contacted the agency and the service agent didn't seem to understand, then she canceled the already paid booking. If you have an answer, kindly reply, it's urgent.
Thanks.

The stopover according to what I learnt for Ethiopia in Dublin is just a technical stopover. Meaning you don’t leave the plane, I think the plane re fuels and check for other technical stuffs and leaves again. A friend used it and it left about 30 minutes after landing in Dublin. They do this because the flight to Toronto is long, about 17 hours or so.

However you can call Ethiopia to verify.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
So sorry about that bro, it’s getting clearer they don’t buy that funding thing nomore, they keep switching up lol this not the first or second case I’m seeing being refused. I think they want you to spend YOUR OWN money. I haven’t seen anyone with funding (either full or part) approved lately. It’s crazy. God dey!!
McOsheBaba:
After every every, I was refused based on financial reasons. I wonder how they would deny someone who has full funding and yearly stipend of 12,000 CAD based on financial reasons. It's really sad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
CanadianNurse:
E go come my bro hold on tight , Aunty Derel where you dey ? I salute you oo

Cannadiannurse I have sent you a mail, please kindly find time to respond to it... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
McOsheBaba:

It is well. .does people have exceeded the total number of people that will study in Canada this year...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
abestine:

Cannadiannurse I have sent you a mail, please kindly find time to respond to it... Thanks
done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
princeadedayo:

The stopover according to what I learnt for Ethiopia in Dublin is just a technical stopover. Meaning you don’t leave the plane, I think the plane re fuels and check for other technical stuffs and leaves again. A friend used it and it left about 30 minutes after landing in Dublin. They do this because the flight to Toronto is long, about 17 hours or so.

However you can call Ethiopia to verify.

Cheers

Thanks for taking your time out to reply. I've tried the airline company numbers I found online and none of them connected. If it will be possible please inquire from your friend if he was in possession of transit visa despite it being a technical stopover. I'm taking care not to put myself in a mess. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
Esughusughu:

Thanks for taking your time out to reply. I've tried the airline company numbers I found online and none of them connected. If it will be possible please inquire from your friend if he was in possession of transit visa despite it being a technical stopover. I'm taking care not to put myself in a mess. Thanks
You won't leave the plane. The aircraft will take off again few mins after the ground service is completed. It's a stopover for refuelling and other logistics. So disturb not yourself about transit visa, you won't need one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
cecechi:
Hello everyone, please if your course is 16months, is the study permit for 16months or 2 years
Study permit will be issued to cover the duration of your program. If there is a need to extend your program, you will have to apply for an extension while in Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.