Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837609 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
Austinpee4:

You won't leave the plane. The aircraft will take off again few mins after the ground service is completed. It's a stopover for refuelling and other logistics. So disturb not yourself about transit visa, you won't need one.

Thank you. I feel much more relaxed now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
McOsheBaba:
After every every, I was refused based on financial reasons. I wonder how they would deny someone who has full funding and yearly stipend of 12,000 CAD based on financial reasons. It's really sad.
This made me speechless, same way I was when mine occurred, so sorry abt that bro, pick up ur docs. analyze refusal reason, work on it & refire.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
McOsheBaba:
After every every, I was refused based on financial reasons. I wonder how they would deny someone who has full funding and yearly stipend of 12,000 CAD based on financial reasons. It's really sad.

I sense something amiss. In the column where it asks who is responsible for your school expenses, did you unequivocally state that you are on FuLL SCHOLARSHIP? So many people on full scholarship make that mistake stating that they are also sponsoring themselves, thereby subjecting themselves to the whole nightmare of personal funds scrutiny. I have also observed lately that VOs are not honoring funding that comes in the form of only teaching assistantship and work study, they prefer funding to come in the way of scholarship that entails you studying without working in Canada. Just an observation from someone I am currently helping who was denied even with full scholarship comprising of TA and work study. Care to share with us what kind of full scholarship you had? Did you unequivocally state in filling the CIC form that you are on FULL SCHOLARSHIP?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
LONG POST ALERT!

Hey guyz

For the benefit of others here, i want to explain this issue of " You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada....." here. I seem to be getting alot of questions in my email box about this.

Just as it is clearly written on the refusal letter, an officer was not satisfied you would leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay if your study permit had been approved. He/she would have ticked the area(s) of concern and the onus now is upon you to satisfy and convince the officer that indeed you would leave by tackling the issues raised.

It's not as though immigration officers don't want people to stay back but there are LAWS guiding their jobs and each part of your application must meet the provisions of the law. Like i have previously mentioned, under the IRP Acts and regulations and under the temporary visa category, an applicant MUST show he/she will likely return home even if you can stay. It's just something an officer can't help but ensure. It is clearly written in the Acts and regulation as published by IRCC(formerly CIC). However, the discretionary part of their job would be in deducing this likelyhood from your
1. Previous travel history(if you have one)
2. Social, economic and family ties to Nigeria or anywhere else aside Canada.
3. Your financial situation
4. Prospects both in your home country or where you have strong ties.

It is not compulsory all these ties be in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, it can be else where you are established or have strong ties to. Unfortunately, most people have stronger ties in Nigeria than else where because most of us have citizenship of Nigeria where our rights are not not limited as compared to other places we don't have citizenship. This is why it is often stressed especially on this forum.
If you still have investments, educational ties, employment or political affiliation outside Nigeria and can establish how strong there are to compel you to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay, you will satisfy the Act's provision and you can use them.

Note that the refusal letter always have the line "Leave Canada at the end" and not ' Return to Nigeria'. Which means the focal point is that you leave Canada to where you choose as long as you have established that ties to those places exist and are very strong enough to compel you( Citizenship, Diplomatic ties, religious ties etc).

So for people asking if it has to be only Nigeria, Well, since most people have citizenship of Nigeria, it is also advisable you show ties to Nigeria aside where you have other ties. This however does not mean that if you have citizenship of other countries, you can't use it(them). By all means, please do.

Also take note of what particular reason(s) was considered when you did not satisfy the Officer (Purpose of visit, personal assets, travel history etc). If the reasons fall under one of these, then know it bothers around what you are going to do and the circumstances surrounding that singular intent.(Before and after)

Do not lose hope, get help where necessary, restrategize and ultimately, ensure you see the officer's inference of your previously refused application by getting your GCMS file(your immigration file with IRCC) before you reapply. The refusal letter reason(s) is always vague. The real reason is on the note because it is like a report the officer will make for record purposes and for future reference incase you apply for any other category of Canadian visas or permits.

I hope this helps.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
G. What can an applicant do if his application is stuck at BGC?

If an application is stuck at BGC for a very long time, i.e. more than 3-5 months after your eligibility is cleared you have two options:

a) You can inquire about the status of your security check directly from CSIS. To enquire about the status of a an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a. a full name,
b. date and place of birth,
c. the signature of the applicant, and
d. a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
e. If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.
f. Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:
Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954​
It takes CSIS 8 weeks to process these requests. Information on this is available at https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02 Some applicants have successfully obtained information from CSIS.​

b) If CSIS has finished the security screening, then your file is pending final review with IRCC. There is nothing much you can do at this stage. However, there is anecdotal evident that ordering GCMS notes does initiate the process. This is because every time you order GCMS notes, an agent will review the notes before releasing them. If the file has been reviewed by the Agent, and is pending posting the update on the system, the same will be done by the agent when he is reviewing the notes and this will move your file ahead.​

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moadejimi: 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2017
Bro, please don't relax or assume, I ordered for my notes prior to the decision from CIC, and the same query and answer is in my note. Just keep praying. When I asked a knowledgeable person in Canada, I learnt it means you are not from a visa exempt country and a counterfoil would be required upon approval of your trv.

Pls, keep praying.

Abiodunne:
I got my GCMS note yesterday. Please what does this mean? Shey make I start to dey book flight ni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
After exactly 27 weeks, my application has been refused. A final decision hasn't been given yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Moadejimi:
Bro, please don't relax or assume, I ordered for my notes prior to the decision from CIC, and the same query and answer is in my note. Just keep praying. When I asked a knowledgeable person in Canada, I learnt it means you are not from a visa exempt country and a counterfoil would be required upon approval of your trv.

Pls, keep praying.

Please what was your eligibility saying? And were you called for medicals or you did an upfront medical?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
Abiodunne....everything on your note is positive, so be positive, you won't wait this long to be refused. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 11:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mandoy:
After exactly 27 weeks, my application has been refused. A final decision hasn't been given yet.

Sorry about the decision, was actually looking forward to you & McOshebaba's trv news considering the time, CIC....Na wa, getting tougher by the day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
Moadejimi:

Pls, keep praying.

Your note also said eligibility passed? What was the outcome of your application, refused or approved? Trying to figure out because Abiodunne's message even saying eligibility passed, the current status online says they are processing his background check and will let him know if information is required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mandoy:
Wow... Sorry bro. This people no try, e just weak me
Did you get a mail prior to this update?
Seen my pm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by awuf: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mandoy:
McOsheBaba:
30th of August.... But there is still hope!!! I believe it will be approved before lectures begin!

Sorry bout dis. Was ur medicals updated to 'passed ' at any point
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by awuf: 12:03am On Oct 12, 2017
Senatorkolade:
G. What can an applicant do if his application is stuck at BGC?

If an application is stuck at BGC for a very long time, i.e. more than 3-5 months after your eligibility is cleared you have two options:

a) You can inquire about the status of your security check directly from CSIS. To enquire about the status of a an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a. a full name,
b. date and place of birth,
c. the signature of the applicant, and
d. a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
e. If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.
f. Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:
Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954​
It takes CSIS 8 weeks to process these requests. Information on this is available at https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02 Some applicants have successfully obtained information from CSIS.​

b) If CSIS has finished the security screening, then your file is pending final review with IRCC. There is nothing much you can do at this stage. However, there is anecdotal evident that ordering GCMS notes does initiate the process. This is because every time you order GCMS notes, an agent will review the notes before releasing them. If the file has been reviewed by the Agent, and is pending posting the update on the system, the same will be done by the agent when he is reviewing the notes and this will move your file ahead.​

Nice piece! Please post A-F
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:20am On Oct 12, 2017
Austinpee4:
LONG POST ALERT!

Hey guyz

For the benefit of others here, i want to explain this issue of " You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada....." here. I seem to be getting alot of questions in my email box about this.

Just as it is clearly written on the refusal letter, an officer was not satisfied you would leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay if your study permit is approved. He/she would have ticked the area(s) of concern and the onus now is upon you to satisfy and convince the officer that indeed you would leave by tackling the issues raised.

It's not as though immigration officers don't want people to stay back but there are LAWS guiding their jobs and each part of your application must meet the provisions of the law. Like i have previously mentioned, under the IRP Acts and regulations and under the temporary visa category, an applicant MUST show he/she will likely return home even if you can stay. It's just something an officer can't help. It is clearly written in the Acts and regulation as published by IRCC(formerly CIC). However, the discretionary part of their job would be in deducing this likelyhood from your
1. Previous travel history(if you have one)
2. Social, economic and family ties to Nigeria or anywhere else aside Canada.
3. Your financial situation
4. Prospects both in your home country or where you have strong ties.

It is not compulsory all these ties must be in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, it can be else where you are established or have strong ties to. Unfortunately, most people have stronger ties in Nigeria than else where because most of us have citizenship of Nigeria where our rights are not not limited as compared to other places we don't have citizenship. This is why it is often stressed especially on this forum.
If you still have investments, educational ties, employment or political affiliation outside Nigeria and can establish how strong there are to compel you to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay, you will satisfy the Act's provision and you can use them.

Note that the refusal letter always have the line "Leave Canada at the end" and not ' Return to Nigeria'. Which means the focal point is that you leave Canada to where you choose as long as you have established that ties to those places exist and are very strong enough to compel you( Citizenship, Diplomatic ties, religious ties etc).

So for people asking if it has to be only Nigeria, Well, since most people have citizenship of Nigeria, it is also advisable you show ties to Nigeria aside where you have other ties. This however does not mean that if you have citizenship of other countries, you can't use it(them). By all means, please do.

Also take note of what particular reason(s) was considered when you did not satisfy the Officer (Purpose of visit, personal assets, travel history etc). If the reasons fall under one of these, then know it bothers around what you are going to do and the circumstances surrounding that singular intent.(Before and after)

Do not lose hope, get help where necessary, restrategize and ultimately, ensure you see the officer's inference of your previously refused application by getting your GCMS file(your immigration file with IRCC) before you reapply. The refusal letter reason(s) is always vague. The real reason is on the note because it is like a report the officer will make for record purposes and for future reference incase you apply for any other category of Canadian visas or permits.

I hope this helps.

Well Said and Noted! @Austinpee4

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:32am On Oct 12, 2017
Mandoy:

HMMM. May God help us o after 27weeks approximately 7 months and still got refused!
This is frustrating and discouraging.��

Be strong!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:15am On Oct 12, 2017
Esughusughu:
Hi guys!! Please I need your assistance. I booked Ethiopia airline from Lagos to Toronto with a stop over at Addis Ababa. On getting the itinerary, I saw stop 1- Addis Ababa to Dublin, stop 2 - Dublin to Toronto. There was no layover in Dublin. My question is, do I need an Ireland transit visa for such a trip? (I don't have one).
Since I wasn't too clear on the itinerary, I contacted the agency and the service agent didn't seem to understand, then she canceled the already paid booking. If you have an answer, kindly reply, it's urgent.
Thanks.
OGA....you don't need any visa as long as you're not going past their immigration to leave the airport....even if you leave the plane its fine....As long as youre not attempting to leave the airport....no qualms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moadejimi: 6:50am On Oct 12, 2017
On my portal, eligibility in review and medical passed.

Don't fret, just keep praying, we can't have the same case.

Just don't relax, intensify your fasting and prayer.

Abiodunne:

Please what was your eligibility saying? And were you called for medicals or you did an upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moadejimi: 6:56am On Oct 12, 2017
Eligibility in view according to the notes applied for in Aug and requested by atip in september. But received a refusal yesterday on not being able to pay my fees despite making a full tuition payment with extra 1k cad in my student account and also housing deposit before applying for the visa in May.

He should keep praying, his case won't be like mine by God's grace. I just shared what the counterfoil query and answer means.

Pls y'all, avoid sending CIC messages if not necessary, all the messages I sent them appeared in my notes. They actually see the messages.

jnyuwa02:

Your note also said eligibility passed? What was the outcome of your application, refused or approved? Trying to figure out because Abiodunne's message even saying eligibility passed, the current status online says they are processing his background check and will let him know if information is required.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 7:37am On Oct 12, 2017
Arebo:

Sorry about the decision, was actually looking forward to you & McOshebaba's trv news considering the time, CIC....Na wa, getting tougher by the day.
Thanks bro, I just weak since yesterday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2017
Judgepelumi:
Wow... Sorry bro. This people no try, e just weak me Did you get a mail prior to this update? Seen my pm?
I did, I have replied your message
Judgepelumi:
Wow... Sorry bro. This people no try, e just weak me Did you get a mail prior to this update? Seen my pm?
I did, I have replied your message
awuf:

Sorry bout dis. Was ur medicals updated to 'passed ' at any point
yea, my medical was passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 7:40am On Oct 12, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

HMMM. May God help us o after 27weeks approximately 7 months and still got refused!
This is frustrating and discouraging.��

Be strong!
waited that long and was still refused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:40am On Oct 12, 2017
Mandoy:
This one weak me, sorry abt this, God knows the best, keep on with the hustle bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 7:44am On Oct 12, 2017
Moadejimi:

I meant what was your eligibility saying on the notes you ordered? Did you do upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Am dumbfounded with this, looking at the time frame, it's well, so sorry God knows the best, keep on with the hustle bro.
Thanks bro, I ordered my Gcms note when the application was taking too long before. I will have to order it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:51am On Oct 12, 2017
Mandoy:

Thanks bro, I ordered my Gcms note when the application was taking too long before. I will have to order it again
Okay, remember asking u if the notes u ordered was a smart move, what does ur refusal note say? & it's cool u are reapplying for ur gcms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moadejimi: 7:52am On Oct 12, 2017
Ditto. Upfront medical though.

Abiodunne:

I meant what was your eligibility saying on the notes you ordered? Did you do upfront medicals?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 8:17am On Oct 12, 2017
Moadejimi:

Did you check the image at all? Eligibility already passed in Abiodunne's case, not in review, let the guy relax abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ohizzyy7: 8:31am On Oct 12, 2017
Prayer point for trv hopeful, Oh Lord arise and take me to my destination.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.