Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834209 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
Moley22:

Honestly !! i second that!! grin cool
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Alantobie:

Yes we did. I think they are updating most applications now...I'm sure before this week ends, yours will change

God is our VO, he will judge on our favor Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
vanod:

Amen !!...amen my dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hello gurus just curious about something and will be glad if my question is considered to merit a response...lol
If the update on ones online application shows that we are processing your background, does it mean eligibility has been processed and one is getting close to the final stage of the assessment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emeritus153: 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
I got admission of Niagara college since 23rd of may but unable to get all my documents ready until today that I applied online. The resumption date is September 6, my question is that are mine not too late to submit my application? And is it worthwhile to continue the process. Thanks in anticipation for your answer!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
Emeritus153:
I got admission of Niagara college since 23rd of may but unable to get all my documents ready until today that I applied online. The resumption date is September 6, my question is that are mine not too late to submit my application? And is it worthwhile to continue the process. Thanks in anticipation for your answer!
Woow ..first person am seeing for Niagara...
smileyresuming same date.
August is kinda late o but kip hope alive since u have submitted already..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
vanod:

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
thesoj:
Start off by reading the content of the links in this post.

To answer your specific questions:
1. Make Google your close friend: type "mba tuition international students canada" and the first link gives you answers to your question (this shows how easy it is to use Google to answer your questions).
2. If you have a 2:1 CGPA and above and are willing to put together a strong application (convincing statement of purpose, etc) to the admissions officer, then you have a chance of being admitted. Each school has its own admission requirement, apply to 3-4 schools if you really want at least one admission offer.

Reading from Part 1 to Part 13 will take you several months because it's a total of about 6500 pages.
Instead of doing that, what I suggest is you pick one part of the thread to read, e.g. part 8 or 9 or 10 or 11..., and then you can read further threads incrementally. I personally don't suggest reading from Part 1 unless you have like one year before you plan to start applying to schools.

I'd suggest you primarily use Google to find information about schools and admissions, then come back on here to read one or more parts of the thread once you are awaiting admission. You'd need this thread for the visa process much more than you would for admission. You are also welcome to come back and ask admission questions, but only after it is obvious that you have done your own research.

Please I need help .. I tried to submit my application using Gt bank MasterCard and it said payment declined .. and on my page it's showing processing payment .. please what do I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
Anyone online who is familiar with the GCKey log in and CIC account features? I need help and will appreciate if you can quote this so I can PM you. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
abestine:
Hello gurus just curious about something and will be glad if my question is considered to merit a response...lol
If the update on ones online application shows that we are processing your background, does it mean eligibility has been processed and one is getting close to the final stage of the assessment?
It means eligibility is 'being' processed. This could be the initial stage or at advanced stage. Also expect an update and status change to. 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements'. This often indicate a final decision is imminent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Please I need help with online .. I used gcjey and I tried making the payment .. it said declined .. but on the cic account it shows payment processing .. please anyone .. there's also a deadline on the payment ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:00am On Aug 02, 2017
choky26:
Good day house. Just started following this thread. I applied to study Pre-nursing at Brandon University as a second degree (having obtained my BSc in Biochemistry in 2014 and completed my NYSC in 2015) on the 7th of april 2017, and got a mail the next day requesting I forward my WAEC and transcript. I sent all the required documents on 18th of april and got a message from Brandon Uni on the 25th of april that they have recieved my documents and will have to be reviewed.
On 2nd of May I got a mail from Brandon Uni containing my admission letter that I have been admitted to start 3rd January, 2018. I submitted my study application on the 29th of June via VFS global Abuja with upfront medicals and got a message thesame day that my application has been forwarded to CIC thesame day with my tracking no.
On 26th of July, I created account on CIC and linked my paper application. I checked and my medicals shows passed while other things are still under processing. The interview line says I don't neeed an interview, additional documents says they do not need any other documents and final decision is still application still processing.
My brother will be sponsoring me. We have thesame surname and he resides in Finland. This is my 1st visa application so I want the gurus in the house to access my application and tell me what what they think.

Documents submitted

Study permit app. form and other forms from CIC website ( duely filled). Which was cross-checked by a VFS officer to be complete.

My admission letter from Brandon Uni containing my student ID no.

Court affidavit for birth certification

BSc cert

Photocopy of my passport

Photocopy of my brother's Nigerian and Finnish passport

Letter of intent

Letter of sponsorship from my brother (duely signed)

My brothers statements of account (duely signed and stamped) amounting to CAD 27,500

My CV

And my original passport.

NB. Brandon Uni said I should budget roughly CAD 23,000

I'm a little concerned because I've now seen people include landed properties, employment NYSC cert and professional courses which I didn't include because I just included only the documents the VFS officer asked for and she said my application is complete.

I currently work in my fathers bakery as a supervisor but don't have/need an employment letter.

Have some professional certs and NYSC cert which I didn't include

Didn't include my brothers landed properties and that of my dad and mum which is upto 5 different lands in different locations in Enugu. Which is up to 6 plots +

Please I want to ask if I can still submit all these documents I left out even though I have submitted my application or are the documents already submitted sufficient.

Please I neeed reviews.

Thanks

I just saw this...

Please I am not trying to discourage you but sincerely i wish you saw this thread and read all thru part 12. You would have come up with a far superior app.

Home tie:
You never submitted any birth Certificate of any of ur siblings and as you pointed out no employment letter even when you have a job tho is family business. (You being the Manager would have been a strong home tie)

Funding:
You should have paid your tuition so they have just your living expenses to worry about.

Secondly..submitting ur bro statement of acct with CAD27,500 when you have a budget of CAD23,500 meaning your bro hav to live off jst 4kCAD after paying ur fees which doesn't seem cool. I would have recommended a Co-sponsor in this case.

No travel history....The landed property documents would have gone a long way as well.

Pray and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:19am On Aug 02, 2017
blueblood1:

Do you have the answer or not?na u be black man. U don't want to help, yet u discourage others who might want to.

Young man go and read up.

You can even start from part 10 shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:19am On Aug 02, 2017
blueblood1:

Do you have the answer or not?na u be black man. U don't want to help, yet u discourage others who might want to.

Young man go and read up.

You can even start from part 10 shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:23am On Aug 02, 2017
Oben209:

Please I need help .. I tried to submit my application using Gt bank MasterCard and it said payment declined .. and on my page it's showing processing payment .. please what do I do

Hello,
please to be on the safer side, i will strongly advise you to use some one over there in Canada to help you process your application fee or even still open a dollar account, get a card for that to pay for your application.

Notice -
GTB MASTER CARD were disabled 2weeks ago from any international transactions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:28am On Aug 02, 2017
Moley22:

Firstly Happy New month sir/ma
Honestly speaking sir/ma it didn't amount to this, If the said moniker didn't get a response or total silence on his post it would have been better than the crucifixion....
I'm certain he mit not rely only on information given to him here and might just be surfing the net only to stumble here and drop his questions for experienced people ..
If we can't help or profer solutions we should just fold our arms and watch!!!!!! Haba... Make person read 500pages.. Not even a reference or a link.... Nawa...

I read them all and had to read people's personal contributions from there profile... the likes of Maziude, Canadian nurse, thesoj etc.

Basically every successfully trv applicants in part 12 i read all they had to say some even during there admission application stage. I believe a lot of people here did same.

Funny enof i stumbled on people already studying my intended course from part 10 which means am 50% settled even b4 getting there cos i now ask direct departmental questions courtesy of previous post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:35am On Aug 02, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Hello,
please to be on the safer side, i will strongly advise you to use some one over there in Canada to help you process your application fee or even still open a dollar account, get a card for that to pay for your application.

Notice -
GTB MASTER CARD were disabled 2weeks ago from any international transactions.

Thanks .. but now I can't find where to pay on my portal .. do I just wait till it comes up again .. because it's saying payment Processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 12:35am On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks for your advises dropping on one another Maziude, Canadiannurse

The additional documents needed are paying an annual tuition fee and proof of living expenses.
My question is why did they write letter of explanation (required)? Am I expected to write a letter of explanation or what?
Please I need gurus and those that have experienced passing this stage.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:46am On Aug 02, 2017
wealth360:
Senior Mazi.I believe you die. Honestly speaking to everyone who are new here endeavour to read up. Everybody is busy yes!!! When I first came here I was referred and advised by a friend in Halifax to read up from part 1.....mehn I got tired and feed up that I will move from part 3 to part 7 and be moving around until my friend prompted me to calm down and read from beginning. I knew what I wanted and I started reading from the beginning. Mind you I also go to work everyday am a teacher and I still create time to read. When I finished reading from part 1 to 9 I had already gathered all my documents for submission I only came back to ask @MichV, Yemdogg and my friend in dalhousie to vet my SOP. It ended well that within less than 5weeks I got my TRV. Imagine since March 8th that I got my trv I still read and follow this thread everyday till date. Why? Because I cultivated the habit back then to read from the beginning and now am use to it that I can't go to sleep one day without coming in to read. Again I don't answer to some questions when I know the said moniker that posted the question should have read some parts and gotten answers from there. If you quote me I will answer. And again nice job to @Cscd1234 for encouraging people to read from beginning but sometimes you don't have to reply everything you see here when you know you can't refer them. If you know where exactly the answers are in any part please kindly refer newbies there. Its not easy to read from beginning anyways but everyone can create time. I rest my case. Happy New Month.

I even have a notebook i write down every important info from compressing pdf file to police report location, cic email evn keeping a list of those in my province etc. I don't think there's any gmc rejection reason am yet to see.

Its a general problem here in Nigeria majority of us wants things done for us while we watch on.

Guess those mentality "must" change when faced with pressure from assignment deadlines and learning software applications via utube video wit an exam on those softwares waiting for you in 12weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:03am On Aug 02, 2017
Oben209:

Thanks .. but now I can't find where to pay on my portal .. do I just wait till it comes up again .. because it's saying payment Processing

I think you should start over again. Because that will just be an error using a card that is disabled for international transaction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 1:48am On Aug 02, 2017
maralina:
Any other March Applicant in the house?? make we dey console ourselves

yes ma....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 2:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Rocorleone:
Thanks for your advises dropping on one another Maziude, Canadiannurse

The additional documents needed are paying an annual tuition fee and proof of living expenses.
My question is why did they write letter of explanation (required)? Am I expected to write a letter of explanation or what?
Please I need gurus and those that have experienced passing this stage.
Thanks

Hello boss,

Dont worry about the title of the upload tab.

Just go ahead and upload what they ask for in that tab, you.will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 2:21am On Aug 02, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

Dont worry about the title of the upload tab.

Just go ahead and upload what they ask for in that tab, you.will be fine.

I greet you the great maziude. ..how that side?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 2:39am On Aug 02, 2017
IFY200:

I greet you the great maziude. ..how that side?

Boss,
Na me greet you pass... My 2 hands dey up dey hail you.

The side dey beyond wetin i reason oh...

Make una do come, we dey wait una....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 3:19am On Aug 02, 2017
Austinpee4. ..... I Don try to reduce this funny aspect from me but he no let me.....

Glam4444. ...I dey greet you ooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 3:22am On Aug 02, 2017
glam4444:

Amen !!...amen my dear

Glam4444. .....I see now say you dey provoke......why you come lie. ..say I get tension. ......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 5:49am On Aug 02, 2017
bbclue:

Glam4444. .....I see now say you dey provoke......why you come lie. ..say I get tension. ......
shocked wen
grin plx nd plx...itx enof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:15am On Aug 02, 2017
It's another beautiful morning. ........expecting email approval

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Softboypeter: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2017
Please My sponsor does not relate to my family , but as been the one who as been taking care of me .. hope there will not be a problem about him writing a sponsor letter for me and please any idea on how I can get that done please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2017
Boss20:
My application just got updated.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

May God see us through in Jesus name.

@Boss20 Congrats in advance. Which date did you apply, and what course/sch are you going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2017
Softboypeter:
Please My sponsor does not relate to my family , but as been the one who as been taking care of me .. hope there will not be a problem about him writing a sponsor letter for me and please any idea on how I can get that done please
There won't be a problem if he pays your tuition fee and transfer your living expenses into your bank account before you apply for your trv. He is a third party and as such will have to show commitment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 7:23am On Aug 02, 2017
Alantobie:
My account has been updated...review of eligibility started...it shall end in praises for all of us

We hope for the best.... when did you apply and to what program/school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.