Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826741 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
MrMarc:

Email them with any documents you feel would aid your application and further state your sch isn't accepting tuition yet.

Don't wait!
Alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

Submitting transcripts is a requirement as per the visa office instructions. Although some people have gotten their study permit approved by showing either their statement of result or the official result(photocopy).However, all past educational documents are required for visa processing. If an applicant have all documents, he/she should do well to submit them. Thankfully, they only require photocopies.
Most Nigerian schools say they don't give transcripts to students. That it can only be forwarded to the institution the student intends sending the transcript to. So there's no way I can even get d transcript if I wanted to plus I didnt see anywhere in CIC site that transcript is required for visa except for securing admission. Its just certificates that CIC requires.
I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Alantobie:
Hi guys. My visa was delayed. Financial reasons but I showed statement of account with lots of money plus treasury bills. Anyways I'm gonna defer my admission, pay the school fees and open a Dom account in my name to tackle the reasons. I pray you guys get yours
Am sorry for the delay bro, may God see us through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
likeababygirl:

Sometimes this is necessary, for instance, in a situation where you had to specialize during your undergraduate studies and then you wanna proceed to do a masters in the course you specialized in, you need to show the VO that you have taken the courses through your transcript.
Sometimes people have reasons for submitting specific documents, every application is different.
That's true though. But so long ur cert clearly stated d course u studied and its thesame course u wana major in ur MSc, no need for transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
MrMarc:

Just for reference purposes...
The VO doesn't know you.
All he knows is what you put before him.

And as far as i know...whatever claim you make to them without proof is void especially the finance and employment aspects.

If you can send all this documents talked about here without being asked by the V.O the better for you.

You are judged by the documents presented...do so beyond every doubt.

Finally no one should ever get trv denial for a visa application you don't need a face to face interview. It is as simple as that.
Yea u are right. Will do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
choky26:

Why are people submitting their transcript to VO? I thought transcript was only meant to be submitted to the school u are applying to for them to give u admission? Ur degree certificate is enough
No need submitting things that are not required for study permit and implicating urself in the process

If you are doing a paper application, one of the Forms that contains d questionnaire, for specific visa office instructions - Lagos, states that those stuffs are needed; like, transcript, NYSC Cert, Birthcert of all Siblings, i think landed/shares documents and many other things we may consider irrelevant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
choky26:

Most Nigerian schools say they don't give transcripts to students. That it can only be forwarded to the institution the student intends sending the transcript to. So there's no way I can even get d transcript if I wanted to plus I didnt see anywhere in CIC site that transcript is required for visa except for securing admission. Its just certificates that CIC requires.
I get but it still doesn't change the fact that it is requested by the visa office. Like i mentioned, if you have it, add it in your application. If you don't, ensure you show evidence of your academic qualifications. But to clarify my points, here is a screen shot of the lagos visa office requirements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Voltie: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
choky26:

You can get your transcript if your school sends by email to institutions. I got mine by mailing a lady involved with admissions in a school in Canada and explaining to her that my school does not send transcripts to students. (I needed to upload my transcript on the admission application). Told her that I would like to send to her mail so she can send it back to me. My school sent to her and she forwarded to me. I ended up not applying to the school again but now I have my transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Voltie: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please guys, how long does it take for passport to be returned after passport request?. I'm beginning to panic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
Voltie:

You can get your transcript if your school sends by email to institutions. I got mine by mailing a lady involved with admissions in a school in Canada and explaining to her that my school does not send transcripts to students. (I needed to upload my transcript on the admission application). Told her that I would like to send to her mail so she can send it back to me. My school sent to her and she forwarded to me. I ended up not applying to the school again but now I have my transcript.
Well my school doesn't send through email. They send a sealed transcript via courier services. So u can see my case is different
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
Voltie:

Well my school doesn't send through email. They send a sealed transcript via courier services. And most Canadian schools (if not all) only accept sealed transcript direct from the applicants former school. It was clearly stated on Brandon Uni website. So u can see my case is different
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
choky26:

Well my school doesn't send through email. They send a sealed transcript via courier services. And most Canadian schools (if not all) only accept sealed transcript direct from the applicants former school. It was clearly stated on Brandon Uni website. So u can see my case is different

You can apply for your transcript to be sent to an address in Nigeria, say a dummy employer. The address could be the address of a friend or a relative so that when it arrives, you can pick it up. Simple logic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
McOsheBaba:

You can apply for your transcript to be sent to an address in Nigeria, say a dummy employer. The address could be the address of a friend or a relative so that when it arrives, you can pick it up. Simple logic.
Yea right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Boss20: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Refused this afternoon because of Insufficient fund.

My SOA 2.8m,
Sponsor Company acc 24m balance and over 150m inflow
Sponsor personal acc 7m balance over 100m inflow.

Its well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Boss20:

My SOA 2.8m,

Its well

Haaaaaa! God of Mercy!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
God has done it ohhhh!!! I wrote to cic yesterday morning . Submitted on june 3rd with online application and upfront medicals. I saw this update and passport request this morn.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Boss20:

My SOA 2.8m,

Its well

Ha..this people eh...I don't get. The same thing with me...lots of money with big inflow. It's like they have a quota of people they admit each year. Anyways just order gcms to know the exact reason. You have enough time till January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:
God has done it ohhhh!!! I wrote to cic yesterday morning . Submitted on june 3rd with online application and upfront medicals. I saw this update and passport request this morn.

Congrats bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Boss20:

My SOA 2.8m,

Its well

sorry about that bro.
i dont know much bout immigration lawyers tho, but isn't this something they can fight for and win?
cos i dont know how else someone can repackage n refire again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Alantobie:

Ha..this people eh...I don't get. The same thing with me...lots of money with big inflow. It's like they have a quota of people they admit each year. Anyways just order gcms to know the exact reason. You have enough time till January

having a quota isnt an excuse, at least they are still aproving applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:

congrats bro.
mind if we know why you mailed cic since your application hasnt passed the usual processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
Boss20:

My SOA 2.8m,

Its well
Sorry about the outcome of your application.
Sometimes, insufficient funds could mean many things.

1. No sufficient proof of relationship to sponsor.

2. Lump sum deposit without proof/ explanation of source.
3. Low probablity of funding subsequent year of study.

4. Lack of proof of sponsor's source of income.
Who is your sponsor, they may be circumstances surrounding his or her financial capabilities which you didn't take not of. These refusal reasons are the easiest to tackle. Before you reapply, i strongly suggest you order for your Immigration file(GCMS). A very ridiculous reason could have led to this outcome. So get it.........#copied#.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
Alantobie:

Congrats bro

*sis*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Congratulations!
Please I sent you a pm. kindly reply
Jjxtobi:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cscd1234: 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Have you gotten an approval mail yet?

Or passport request?

Moley22:
Anyone going to Vsf abi Vfs lekki tomorrow.... Cold don dey catch me grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebby29: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Please what did you send to them. A big congratulation to you.
Jjxtobi:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Boss20:

My SOA 2.8m,

Its well
Wow.. Sorry about the outcome. Were you instructed to complete medicals or did you do upfront before this decision?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okosisidavid: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:

Congrats boss. Kindly share your profile.

Rgds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:

Congratulations oh! Please, what is the content of the mail you sent to them? Lemme try and sent too. I submitted on May 31st!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:
pls whats the email you used in sending them a msg. i applied since 4th of april and havent heard anything from them since. i have sent a mail and 1 CSE yet no message from them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.