Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,766 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827990 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2017
val4o:

Please gurus I crave for your indulgence not to be angry but please bear with me...i Have read the other threads from 0 but I still get confused on this matter of funds....as for me ...my aunty is my sponsor as she has lots of millions in her account amounting to 60k in CAD. I am working but not earning much. And my company pays me salary by cheque so not much is reflecting in my personal bank account. My question is this..is it compulsory to show my personal bank account or just stick with that on my aunt only? please if anyone wants to reach me directly my email address is valenchigozie@gmail.com.
Thank you as I appreciate wonderful advice
You need to include your own statement of account since you work and have one. Please and please stop posting your email address here for people to contact you, not everyone on this thread is here to help you genuinely. Ask any question you have on this platform and someone will attend to it. NB: I want to believe one or two persons must have mailed you already...... LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2017
Omonoba1981:

I already applied like 3weeks ago. They just got back to me couple of days requesting for consent form, which I uploaded initially but not not my birth certificate as a minor.Anyway I responded yesterday, with new consent form from both parent and my BC.

The school couldn’t differ, advice I reapply

Just got reply from mail I sent.

On Nov 1, 2017, at 9:22 AM, <ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca> <ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that your application is in queue pending processing.

Many thanks

Immigration Program | Programme d’ immigration (RE)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Connect with us:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Omonoba1981:

I already applied like 3weeks ago. They just got back to me couple of days requesting for consent form, which I uploaded initially but not not my birth certificate as a minor.Anyway I responded yesterday, with new consent form from both parent and my BC.

Who requested for a consent form, gcmsnow?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,

Please I was denied a US visiting visa in 2014 and now want to apply for TRV in Canada, I saw on one of the forms where one needs to state if there has been any refusal of visa by any country. Now to my question, is there any chance of that US visa denial affecting my TRV application?
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by millybushy: 11:52am On Nov 01, 2017
Hello House,

How long does it take for TRV for PhD applicants to be approved. I heard it doesn't take long? and for someone tht has been previously refused, and passed through background check and all, will it be quicker?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
Folaroyal:

Well said.... nothing missing.
Regards.
Ah ah! Egbon Fola, where have you been hiding?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
Tunba28:

Please I was denied a US visiting visa in 2014 and now want to apply for TRV in Canada, I saw on one of the forms where one needs to state if there has been any refusal of visa by any country. Now to my question, is there any chance of that US visa denial affecting my TRV application?
Thank you all

No your denial for a U.S. visa will not affect your Canadian visa application as long as you are forthright. Under Canadian immigration law and protocol, neither denial or even removal from another country, are independent factors for denial. Misrepresentation and having broken the laws of other countries however, are independent factors for denial. Come clean and tell them you were denied, you will be fine. Tick yes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
millybushy:
Hello House,

How long does it take for TRV for PhD applicants to be approved. I heard it doesn't take long? and for someone tht has been previously refused, and passed through background check and all, will it be quicker?

PHD candidates take the same time like everyone else. They too have to pass through the background and extended database check. Their documents and assertions too have to be vetted. These take time, 22 weeks on the average it is reading now. When denied and you apply again, you go through the same process all over again. No short cuts I hate to blow your bubble and rain on your parade.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
Tunba28:

Thank you all
What would actually affect your TRV application is you refusing to state that you have been denied US visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
mcobex:
You need to include your own statement of account since you work and have one. Please and please stop posting your email address here for people to contact you, not everyone on this thread is here to help you genuinely. Ask any question you have on this platform and someone will attend to it. NB: I want to believe one or two persons must have mailed you already...... LOL

Alright then... thanks a whole lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Obyknow(m): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello fans,

Please what is the possibility of migrating permanently to the Canada , upon completion of an M. Eng program there. Requirements for staying back will be highly welcomed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Tunba28:

Thank you all
Your previous denial won't affect your present application but make sure you state it that you have been denied US visa before
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2017
millybushy:
Hello House,

On cic site the processing time is for all applicants, so nothing like PhD or MSc or BSc segregation there. concerning your second question I think the vo will start afresh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2017
mamacajah:

Hello Niv25, I'm in a good mood today so let me give you some counsel.
Looking through all your post on nairaland, bros, you are sounding too desperate oh!
There are a lot of scammers online, so please be moderate in your request and do not leave yourself open to them.

First of all give us your full profile by answering the questions below and please, try and write properly so that it is easy to understand what you are saying.

1. Age - choose a range: less than 20yrs, 20- 30yrs, above 30yrs
2. Type of graduate- OND/HND/BSc
3. Programme studied at school
4. What skills are you good at?
5. what type of job have you been doing? office assistant, secretary, administrative officer, IT personnel, etc.
6. what is your CGPA?

I await your response.
Thanks much for being in good mood today...yea I admit that i sound so desperate...maybe cause am kinda getting frustrated...actually am 24 going to 25 next year...I was actually in my three hundred level...studying computer science i left school before my I.T this year after my elder bro promised to send me to south korea...which never worked cause of the country new immigration policy that delayed the visa processing...and currently he's now planing on sending me to the US or Canada...I also work in one of my brothers communication company as a supervisor...so I have a very good working experience...I have no degree for now if there is still a better way I can go about this I will appreciate your advice...cause am a kind of getting frustrated that's why I sound so desperate...I have no travelling experience and have never had any refusal before...your advice is needed on the kinda visa to apply and how to go about it... I still don't understand the meaning of CGPA...thanks much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
Niv25:

Thanks much for being in good mood today...yea I admit that i sound so desperate...maybe cause am kinda getting frustrated...actually am 24 going to 25 next year...I was actually in my three hundred level...studying computer science i left school before my I.T this year after my elder bro promised to send me to south korea...which never worked cause of the country new immigration policy that delayed the visa processing...and currently he's now planing on sending me to the US or Canada...I also work in one of my brothers communication company as a supervisor...so I have a very good working experience...I have no degree for now if there is still a better way I can go about this I will appreciate your advice...cause am a kind of getting frustrated that's why I sound so desperate...I have no travelling experience and have never had any refusal before...your advice is needed on the kinda visa to apply and how to go about it... I still don't understand the meaning of CGPA...thanks much

You still sound desperate. Take a deep breath first! If you do want to migrate legally to another country, you have to do it legally! You also need to be patient . First, finish up your 1st degree. Get a good result and look at the opportunity of going via Express Entry for Canada. There's also Australian Immigration like the Canadian Express Entry. You really don't sound like you would study if you apply for study permit. That is an action that now soils genuine students' chances of going to Canada for studies.

Sit down and reevaluate what you really want . If you are serious about going for studies, pursue it and be serious with it. You never know what the future holds for you. All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
love
I intend going to Camosun college for Pgd accounting 2 yrs ,it has internship..fee is $23000 fr d 2-yrs ...in my visa ,do I need to provide tuition fr one year which is arnd 11k or u must show fr d full two yrs
Any one doing pgd finance or business related may 2018 intake
who knws anything about camosun college in Victoria,B.C.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2017
adesbaba:
love
I intend going to Camosun college for Pgd accounting 2 yrs ,it has internship..fee is $23000 fr d 2-yrs ...in my visa ,do I need to provide tuition fr one year which is arnd 11k or u must show fr d full two yrs
Any one doing pgd finance or business related may 2018 intake
who knws anything about camosun college in Victoria,B.C.

The answer to your question has been answered already.

You dey fear to read am ni?

See it again below... This link gives you direct information from the horse's mouth.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2017
Markab:
Now CIC is becoming more annoying cry
Processing time now 22weeks

Are you kidding me!! This doesn't apply to those that recently submitted their medical reports a month ago right? �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nogen:

You still sound desperate. Take a deep breath first! If you do want to migrate legally to another country, you have to do it legally! You also need to be patient . First, finish up your 1st degree. Get a good result and look at the opportunity of going via Express Entry for Canada. There's also Australian Immigration like the Canadian Express Entry. You really don't sound like you would study if you apply for study permit. That is an action that now soils genuine students' chances of going to Canada for studies.

Sit down and reevaluate what you really want . If you are serious about going for studies, pursue it and be serious with it. You never know what the future holds for you. All the best!
I have genuine intention to study in Canada...why won't I want to study there when I know the benefits of studying there...and secondly must I have my first degree before am eligible to apply...for student visa. cause I have a course mate that left same year during our I.T on student visa to the US and he was granted the visa. &
Does the EE still require a degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
Niv25:

You said you were in 300 level and CGPA doesn't ring a bell?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
Niv25:

Hi, try to complete your undergraduate first. It will be much easier than the stage you are currently.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Lool, I was also surprised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Plss is it compulsory ome apply for trv fir a 6month course.. my admission letter says my ciurse duration is 6month.. fanshawe college, construction project management cpj1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
Zlatimi:
Plss is it compulsory ome apply for trv fir a 6month course.. my admission letter says my ciurse duration is 6month.. fanshawe college, construction project management cpj1
Bro, i may sound a little blunt. Forget that program and go for a program with a longer duration. They will want to know why you can't do that in Nigeria considering the time frame. Hard to sell.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
millybushy:
Hello House,

usually 2-4 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Mr know all it simply means Cumulative Grade Point Average...I never knew that's what he was asking of...tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Mr know all it simply means Cumulative Grade Point Average...never knew that's what he was asking of.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2017
Niv25:

Thanks much for being in good mood today...yea I admit that i sound so desperate...maybe cause am kinda getting frustrated...actually am 24 going to 25 next year...I was actually in my three hundred level...studying computer science i left school before my I.T this year after my elder bro promised to send me to south korea...which never worked cause of the country new immigration policy that delayed the visa processing...and currently he's now planing on sending me to the US or Canada...I also work in one of my brothers communication company as a supervisor...so I have a very good working experience...I have no degree for now if there is still a better way I can go about this I will appreciate your advice...cause am a kind of getting frustrated that's why I sound so desperate...I have no travelling experience and have never had any refusal before...your advice is needed on the kinda visa to apply and how to go about it... I still don't understand the meaning of CGPA...thanks much...

I have genuine intention to study in Canada...why won't I want to study there when I know the benefits of studying there...and secondly must I have my first degree before am eligible to apply...for student visa. cause I have a course mate that left same year during our I.T on student visa to the US and he was granted the visa. & Does the EE still require a degree?

Okay, that confirms my suspicisions....

Now are you ready to take my advice? I will be very blunt and harsh but if you can take it as a point in the right direction, it will stir you up and help you get the desired result.

At this very moment, I am afraid to tell you that you are NOT ready to proceed to Canada for further studies. Infact, from the way you write and react each time you respond to people's feedback, almost makes me doubt the sincerity of your stories. There are just too many loop holes in them. If you had a former classmate who went to school in USA, why didn't you ask him/her how they did it before coming here? That response you gave was rather uncalled for and shows immaturity on your part(P.s:..you know what todo about that...hint.. when wrong, do the right thing and a.p.o.l.o.g.i.s.e...). and you don't know what aCGPA is? ok what was your GPA when you stopped school in year 3?

Now to the good part. You are still young, so what I would advise you is this. Take these last 2 months of the year and read up all the parts of travel to canada and canada student thread. If you can't do all, at least start from part 9. This will help you get a full picture of what the process is like, courses to take, when and how to apply for school admission and student visa, etc. EE is the Express entry process by which people migrate to canada without going through school route. however this process is for experienced graduates. Minimum requirement is 1 year work and post secondary qualification like a diploma, OND, HND, etc..(read up).

However, if you still insist on going to school immediately, then you need to apply to an undergraduate program and begin afresh. Read up to find out more on this. If you are looking for someone to spoon feed you, then by all means get an agent. They are many around, even on this forum, looking for easy targets..and you are almost making it very easy for them. But beware, a lot of people have been burnt using agents to the extent of getting 5 year bans that even affected their immigration plans.

But if you can read up, show some sign that you have done some research, then come back here and ask for specific questions. The family here will readily assist you. We all want our fellow country man to succeed but some of our people who have gone ahead ..have spoilt a lot of things which is now reflecting negatively on students applications from Nigeria now. We want to prevent that from continuing.

whew...that is all from me. Ciao!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2017
Folaroyal:

Well said.... nothing missing.
Regards.
Welcome back Guru!!!!
Learnt a lot from you boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.