Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828007 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Damidala1(f): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello everyone am new here ....
I do read your write up but never knew our to communicate with you all...
Please I got an admission to cmu at Manitoba Canada around June or July and I applied for AUGUST 13 online and did biometric 20 of august till now nothing from them I want to know if any problem and also I should be resuming January 3.....plus can I get my visa after the resumption time... please I need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
Oga o, but my biometrics is still saying we do not need your biometrics, we will contact you if this change or so. And abeg why is it so fast for them to delay an app than approval?

WEIRDPC:

I was delayed today. Only completed background check. The biometrics and medicals were not reviewed. so you still have hope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2017
I applied for my gcms notes through a friend in Canada on 17/09/2017 but I am yet to receive it. what could be wrong?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AfroHeathen: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
Apologies for posting off-topic. But what is the current issue with all the colleges in Ontario going on an academic strike?
It has been going on for quite a while. I know some of us are leaving Nigeria just to escape issues like this. Like oyinbo sef dey do like this? shocked

Is there anyone here that can give firsthand experience on what it is like there? Let me know whether to ask for a tuition refund. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
OriEyeLe:
Oga o, but my biometrics is still saying we do not need your biometrics, we will contact you if this change or so. And abeg why is it so fast for them to delay an app than approval?

Approval passes through more stages than denial. Like in my case, my medical wasn't reviewed. You still have hope bro. Keep praying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ok o. God go do am. It will end in praise for all of us Insha allah/IJN.

WEIRDPC:

Approval passes through more stages than denial. Like in my case, my medical wasn't reviewed. You still have hope bro. Keep praying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

sorry, for the refusal bro...... But I still can reason it out, with $20,000 scholarship and 12million SOA, you were refused?

Did you pay your tuition fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2017
This questions goes to colleagues already in Canada and experienced. At what point will one have to fill the declaration card. And must one declare all the food stuffs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Holland College PEI, HVAC technology
kcwitch:

Which school/programme please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
HiredGames:

You are the best!!!

You have to be very careful and check with the school because many, many schools will NOT accept transcript from a student even though it is sealed and stamped by the school. Many schools request it is sent directly from the universities uncompromised through the applicant's handling.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
TEECANN:
Hello House.

I appreciate the good works that elders here are doing to contribute to our collective body of knowledge.

Please help me out with this situation that is bothering me:

I am currently awaiting ITA for Canadian PR application and this should, give or take, happen around 2018-Jan to May.

Before I began my PR hustle in October 2017, I had earlier applied to 3 prestigious and competitive graduate schools of Public Policy in Canada and hopeful to clinch one of these prestigious admissions come March/April 2018.

My questions:

1. If my graduate admission falls through in 2018, should I go ahead and accept the offer as an International student while my Express Entry is on and in progress?

2. I don't want to turn down the final preferred school because I know what I had passed through applying to these schools and the odds my application must have scaled to land an admission in any of the 3, hence, will it be in order to still keep pursuing the Federal Skilled Workers- Express Entry PR (which may be in e-AOR stage God willing by then) whilst my wife and kids are still in Nigeria and I have gone to resume school as an international student?

Thank you for your thoughts in advance.

1. Yes you will continue to be an international student till you get a positive final verdict on your PR application.

2. Of course, keep pursuing your PR till you hear a final verdict. Even when you are on student visa and your wife and children are in Nigeria, it ain't over till it's all over.

On a different note, what are the 3 top public policy school that you applied? I ask because every public policy school I looked into, says they are the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Scholarship is becoming a curse in disguise now. 20k dolls funds backed up with 12 mil was refused based on the fact that I can't pay for my tuition without working

Depends on what kind of scholarship it is. Let us try and differentiate scholarship from funding from TA and work study programs. If it's a scholarship with no work stipulations, you should be fine usually.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

I was delayed today. Only completed background check. The biometrics and medicals were not reviewed. so you still have hope.

Sorry for the delay. When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
eldee365:

Boss, Guten Morgen!

i presume you are in MUN Already, How is the school like? Do they really Accept Second class Lower Cgpa from Nigeria? With well packaged Application?

Awaiting your reply smiley

I am still in Nigeria, but my friend that graduated from MUN said the school is isn't bad at all. As for 2:2 it is hard but not impossible. The school pay more attention to you final 2-3 semesters, so if you performed well there you stand a better chance. Again cases defer, just make sure you get the attention of a supervisor via your statement of purpose and you will good to go. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Depends on what kind of scholarship it is. Let us try and differentiate scholarship from funding from TA and work study programs. If it's a scholarship with no work stipulations, you should be fine usually.

I guess you have a point. It's a research assistantship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Sorry for the delay. When did you apply?

October 16
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

October 16

What?? In three weeks you were denied? That is serious!! Share your profile so we can help. This purported scholarship you got, is it a TA/work study or a real scholarship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
HiredGames:

Do MUN accept student copies of Transcript?

I thought the school was supposed to be the sender. Please illuminate me.

Thank you.
schools only use student's copy to process your admission (in the case where the official didn't get to them on time) pending when the official one from your school gets to them, but what the guy above meant is people find a way to collect the official copy from their school then send it on behalf of the school(use the name of the school as sender) that's because it takes some schools ages to forward your transcript even though you have paid for it to be sent

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ope100:
Help me praise God. Application approved / Original passport request this morning! Only God
Congratulations bro, go and make us proud

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What?? In three weeks you were denied? That is serious!! Share your profile so we can help. This purported scholarship you got, is it a TA/work study or a real scholarship?

Okay thanks. I will share my profile in the next post. I don't know what you mean by a real scholarship. It's a research assistantship RA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
Damidala1:
Hello everyone am new here ....
I do read your write up but never knew our to communicate with you all...
Please I got an admission to cmu at Manitoba Canada around June or July and I applied for AUGUST 13 online and did biometric 20 of august till now nothing from them I want to know if any problem and also I should be resuming January 3.....plus can I get my visa after the resumption time... please I need answers
You still have enough time to get it approved before resumption date

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Okay thanks. I will share my profile in the next post. I don't know what you mean by a real scholarship. It's a research assistantship RA

A graduate of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering,
going for my masters in civil and environmental engineering.
Cgpa of 4.38,
completed school in 2016,
observed my NYSC from 2016 to 2017,
used my uncle as a sponsor, inflow of 257mil and outflow of 251 over last 6 months,
My mum as a co-sponsor, total savings a little above 6 million,
RA of 20k dolls,
She is a Civil servant,
uncle is a businessman,

denied based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds to pay tuition and family ties

Cc: Jnyuwa02
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Cgpa of 4.38,
used my uncle as a sponsor, inflow of 257mil and outflow of 251 over last 6 months,
RA of 20k dolls,
She is a Civil servant,
uncle is a businessman,

denied based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds to pay tuition and family ties

Just your mum's account was enough. your uncle shoudn't be the main sponsor because he was having a huge inflow/outflow. read osemigho's post to understand better.
they gave you the scholarship already, you shouldn't make the financing aspect that complex. itz well bro..re-strategize, repackage nd refire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
TEECANN:
Hello House.

I appreciate the good works that elders here are doing to contribute to our collective body of knowledge.

Please help me out with this situation that is bothering me:

I am currently awaiting ITA for Canadian PR application and this should, give or take, happen around 2018-Jan to May.

Before I began my PR hustle in October 2017, I had earlier applied to 3 prestigious and competitive graduate schools of Public Policy in Canada and hopeful to clinch one of these prestigious admissions come March/April 2018.

My questions:

1. If my graduate admission falls through in 2018, should I go ahead and accept the offer as an International student while my Express Entry is on and in progress?

2. I don't want to turn down the final preferred school because I know what I had passed through applying to these schools and the odds my application must have scaled to land an admission in any of the 3, hence, will it be in order to still keep pursuing the Federal Skilled Workers- Express Entry PR (which may be in e-AOR stage God willing by then) whilst my wife and kids are still in Nigeria and I have gone to resume school as an international student?

Thank you for your thoughts in advance.

I see your worry surrounds the 'Dual' intent.

Firstly, study permit application is totally independent of the express entry. Each category has it's own requirements and guidelines. But then, we all know the benefits of studying as a PR compared to studying as an international student.

To you questions.

1.Accepting an offer as an international student would mean that your fees would be that of an international student and you will be subject to a study permit approval and conditions. Since both are in view/ongoing, continue with them. Which ever comes first, you opt for it. If it's the study permit, you proceed for your study and once the PR is ready, the school likely will revise your immigration status and reconsider your applied fees/tuition. So continue with both.

2. Your family members can always join you be it as an international student or as a PR. However, for a study permit, you will have to satisfy the visa officer that some home ties exist that will compel your return, this is probably where your wife and kids being in Nigeria would suffice( if you go alone first).

In what ever case, i do not think you have anything to worry about. Keep both options open. Which ever comes first, you consider and make a decision.

Alternatively, you can accept the admission once offered and differ it to a next start term while keeping an eye on the EE so you have a proper consideration while also not losing the admission considering all it took applying and also since it is a preferred for you.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Cgpa of 4.38,
RA of 20k dolls,
She is a Civil servant,
uncle is a businessman,

When filling the form who did you put as sponsor, explain how you filled the tuition, boarding and other. Did the bank statement include reference letter also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lagos2canna:

When filling the form who did you put as sponsor, explain how you filled the tuition, boarding and other. Did the bank statement include reference letter also.

No reference letter in the bank statements,

My tuition was 7k per semester so I fill 7000,

I left room and board empty. I didn't understand it

i filled my mum and uncle as sponsor in the others column.

NB: there was letter of support and notarized affidavit for both sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Cgpa of 4.38,
RA of 20k dolls,
She is a Civil servant,
uncle is a businessman,

Bro, Research assistant/teaching assistant is not a scholarship is a job. I will advice you when reapplying ignore the funding and concentrate on your sponsor. Please try and tackle the purpose of visit very important. Insufficient funds is not a problem, you will be fine when you ignore the funding and use your uncle and your mom as sponsor.
It will surely end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
glam4444:

Just your mum's account was enough. your uncle shoudn't be the main sponsor because he was having a huge inflow/outflow. read osemigho's post to understand better.
they gave you the scholarship already, you shouldn't make the financing aspect that complex. itz well bro..re-strategize, repackage nd refire.

Thanks..

I was trying to be on the safe side. Because I noticed people with funds were denied before I put in my application. I wanted to create an impression I could pay my fee without the funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
petlaz:

Bro, Research assistant/teaching assistant is not a scholarship is a job. I will advice you when reapplying ignore the funding and concentrate on your sponsor. Please try and tackle the purpose of visit very important. Insufficient funds is not a problem, you will be fine when you ignore the funding and use your uncle and your mom as sponsor.
It will surely end in praise.

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thebushboy1:
Hello Fam,

Trust we are all having a wonderful day!

Although this is my first time asking a question, I have been following this thread for a while. I just want to share my current status and all i have been able to process based on all I have learnt here.

A quick Introduction
I have a Mathematics background with a 2.88/5.0 as my CGPA(Second Class lower) went for NYSC after which I taught Mathematics in a secondary school. I got a better Job in a company and I have been managing the Logistics and Supply chain team for more than 2 years.

Before applying for a PGC in Logistics and supply Chain Management, I have engaged about 4 program coordinators in 4 different universities if my first degree result meets their requirement coupled with the fact that intending students for the program are advised to have a mathematics or statistics background.The responses I got( have them as email) was that my grade was low. So I settled for the PGC. I have my admission and currently arranging my docs for Paper route. I need this training as I have discovered that there is a lot more to the field which I can do better if I get trained and also to begin build my professional career. This is the reason why I wan to go on a study leave for a period of one year.

My Questions

1. My Junior brother (Same Parents) is my sponsor. He is a US Citizen resides and works in US. He is not married yet to he has no one to cater for yet. (Hope there is no issue with a junior sponsoring a senior?) I am married and I have two properties in my name to serve as ties. My brother will cover tuition( although its not enough to convince VOs) and I will provide living expenses as well.

2. Do I have to provide a letter from my previous employer? (School where I taught Maths after NYSC) to go along with the one my current employer will give me.

Thank you.

1. There is no rule of thumb prescribed for a type or class of sponsor. Anybody can sponsor your study. Notwithstanding,the closer the sponsor(s) is/are, the more credible he/she appears.

That being mentioned, funds for your tuition and living expenses MUST be available. In being available, it must be devour of inaccessibility(You not having direct access to declared funds). The best way around this is for your bro to transfer these funds to you in completeness. Also be lerry of an offshore account of a sponsor. It is most times not accessible by the applicants and officers are aware. You hardly would satisfy them using this type of account if your sponsor with an offshore account have not transferred funds to either your student account in Canada, in convertible currency or at least paid tuition. funds should either be in current country of residence or destination of study of the applicant. The applicant access to funds is KEY. In what ever case, you should have access to your tuition and living expenses of a minimum of 10,000CAD.

2. It is only logical to show proof of anything you claim. You surely do not want an officer to doubt the integrity of any information or documents submitted or claimed. So all vital information/claims should be evidenced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.