Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828031 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Thanks..

I was trying to be on the safe side. Because I noticed people with funds were denied before I put in my application. I wanted to create an impression I could pay my fee without the funds

it's well bro. just repackage and refire, this time around:plan your steps and allow God to perfect it cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ope100:
Help me praise God.
Application approved / Original passport request this morning!
Only God

Congratulations boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tarry(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

A graduate of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering,
going for my masters in civil and environmental engineering.
Cgpa of 4.38,
completed school in 2016,
observed my NYSC from 2016 to 2017,
used my uncle as a sponsor, inflow of 257mil and outflow of 251 over last 6 months,
My mum as a co-sponsor, total savings a little above 6 million,
RA of 20k dolls,
She is a Civil servant,
uncle is a businessman,

denied based on purpose of visit, insufficient funds to pay tuition and family ties

Cc: Jnyuwa02

Sorry about the delay, the issue of your sponsor was a bit complicated, your tuition is already taken care of with the RA, you should have emphasized that and just add a letter of support from your mum that will take care of you accommodation and maintenance. It is normal for a mother to commit bulk of her gratuity to sponsor her child to study abroad. sometimes when things are complex and not very clear, they take it that their is no real sponsor. repackage immediately, thank God they did not hold on to your application for long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks boss! I appreciate
mcobex:
Congratulations bro, go and make us proud
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by modupeesa: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ope100:
*Ope100*

TIME-LINE;
*Applied via online route: 19/04/17
*Biometrics: 20/04/17
*Review of Eligibility: 17/09/2017
*Medical mail: 19/10/17 
*Medicals: 26/10/17
*Medical passed: 28/10/17
*Approval mail/PPR: 07/11/17

PROFILE;
*Previous degree: B.Sc Building (01/17)
*Intended course: College Diploma, HVAC technology
*DLI: Holland College, PEI
*Duration: 2 years
*Tuition: $9,000+ CAD/year
*Relevant work experience: Yes, during my internship
*Prerequisites courses: Yes, during my undergraduate

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED;
*Letter of Intent
*WAEC certificate
*Undergraduate Certificate
*Proof of prerequisite courses
*Proof of relevant work experience
*Siblings school I.D cards
*Passports data pages, visa's and stamps
*Police character certificate
*Sponsor/Dad's bank statements
*Sponsors employment letter, I.D card
*Sponsor's Landed properties 
*Sponsor's CSCS shares
*Sponsor's international passport data page
*My birth certificate
*Family picture
congratulations. I'm happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks Oga mi sir!
maygreaves:

Congratulations boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thank you!
modupeesa:
congratulations. I'm happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ope100:
Thank you!

Congratulations Ope100

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
petlaz:

Bro, Research assistant/teaching assistant is not a scholarship is a job. I will advice you when reapplying ignore the funding and concentrate on your sponsor. Please try and tackle the purpose of visit very important. Insufficient funds is not a problem, you will be fine when you ignore the funding and use your uncle and your mom as sponsor.
It will surely end in praise.
That is right, TA is a job not a scholarship. Mom's account at 6 million was not sufficient and uncle's at 250 plus million kind of sounds unreal. Why mom's sponsorship if uncle has so much is what might be going through the VO's mind. Just a thought. You know how these people are always suspecting the worst about Nigerians. Just pay up your one year fees and shit their mouth concerning finances. Then concentrate in defeating purpose of visit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ope100:
Help me praise God.
Only God

Congratulation ope100...........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

That is right, it is a job. Mom's account was not sufficient and uncle's at 250 plus million kind of sounds unreal. Why mom's sponsorship if uncle has so much is what might be going through the VO's mind. Just a thought.

My uncles account balance wasn't 250mil. The 257 and 251 was just inflow and outflow. He is a businessman and the business involves buying and selling.

Thanks. point noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 6:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
Tarry:

Sorry about the delay, the issue of your sponsor was a bit complicated, your tuition is already taken care of with the RA, you should have emphasized that and just add a letter of support from your mum that will take care of you accommodation and maintenance. It is normal for a mother to commit bulk of her gratuity to sponsor her child to study abroad. sometimes when things are complex and not very clear, they take it that their is no real sponsor. repackage immediately, thank God they did not hold on to your application for long.

Thanks bro. Very helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
WEIRDPC:

My uncles account balance wasn't 250mil. The 257 and 251 was just inflow and outflow. He is a businessman and the business involves buying and selling.

Thanks. point noted

Just pay up and shut their mouth concerning finances. Then you have only purpose of visit to tackle through your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dominic147(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good day house pls i have been trying to link my paper application online but it's telling me no record found. I applied 6th of september in abuja. Pls house what could have gone wrong? Whenever i track my application via vfs with the tracking number the give me it says application still processing. Pls house i need proper guidance on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good day all
My question to the house is. Does having a certificate, e.g. the Microsoft server 2012 certificate in particular, affect being selected by a Canadian college for a PGD course in Network infrastructure. I plan to sit for the final module of the Mcsa certificate (412) in December but someone told me having the complete certificate will reduce my odds of gaining admission. Is this true in anyway.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
matic12:

ye.. this my profile
Academic qualifications:
1. Offer and letter of Admission from University of Saskatchewan, Canada
2. Undergraduate Transcripts from University of Ilorin.
3. Undergraduate certificate
4. SSCE (WAEC) Result
5. NYSC certificate
Financial Support:
1. Letter of award of Stipend (CAD $19,795:00)
2. Statement of my personal savings account with closing balance of 3,010,056 Naira (approx. CAD $10,525)
3. Statement of account, letter and declaration of sponsorship from my uncles company. (just found out the statement is on debit but have cash inflow)
Other documents:
1. Complete and signed IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms
2. Police character certificate
3. Upfront medical report
4. Data page of my International passport
5. Passport photograph
6. Resume
7. Certificate of Birth
8. Letter of Explanation
9. Letter of Introduction from Federal University of Technology Akure
10. Affidavit of return on Program completion
11. Document to prove identity of my Parents and Siblings
12. Study permit questionnaire
13. Land documents of my Uncle
14. Certificate of Incorporation of my Uncle’s company
15. Document to prove identity of my Uncle

You mean you had a fully funded scholarship? sorry, for the refusal.... kindly share your profile....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Tarry:

Try changing this proposed course, civil and environmental engineering ,go for something more direct and very well related to you first degree ,give VO a straight forward thought on your proposed course of study ,and finally use your SOP to marry your proposed course to your job prospect...just make everything related.. I guess that's the reason for purpose of visit. My own opinion .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
Try changing this proposed course, civil and environmental engineering ,go for something more direct and very well related to you first degree ,give VO a straight forward thought on your proposed course of study ,and finally use your SOP to marry your proposed course to your job prospect...just make everything related.. I guess that's the reason for purpose of visit. My own opinion .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks boss
Nogen:

Congratulations Ope100

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thank you!
bbclue:

Congratulation ope100...........

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TEECANN: 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

1. Yes you will continue to be an international student till you get a positive final verdict on your PR application.

2. Of course, keep pursuing your PR till you hear a final verdict. Even when you are on student visa and your wife and children are in Nigeria, it ain't over till it's all over.

On a different note, what are the 3 top public policy school that you applied? I ask because every public policy school I looked into, says they are the best.

Thanks Jnyuwa,

Are you sure I can keep pursuing the PR hustle even if I am in Canada as an international student?

When we get it, will I have to fly in to Nigeria to take my family so that we can do the proper landing procedure in Canada?

Meanwhile, my applications are for MA International Affairs/ Global Governance

1. Norman Paterson School of International Affairs at Carleton University
2. Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at University of Ottawa
3. Balsillie School of International Affairs at University of Waterloo

Research them and let me know what you think about the competitiveness of getting admitted into these schools (even for Canadian citizens) grin grin

I'll appreciate your kind reply response to the above questions.
Cheers man.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ogheneese07: 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ope100:
Help me praise God.
Only God

Congrats!! I'm next in line in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
glam4444:

Just your mum's account was enough. your uncle shoudn't be the main sponsor because he was having a huge inflow/outflow. read osemigho's post to understand better.
they gave you the scholarship already, you shouldn't make the financing aspect that complex. itz well bro..re-strategize, repackage nd refire.

Wrong. His mum's account not enough especially if she has other dependents. What school is 6 million enough at? It's not a scholarship, it TA work study. I don't know what Osemigbo said, please enlighten instead of sending on an empty goose chase.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
TEECANN:

Thanks Jnyuwa,

Are you sure I can keep pursuing the PR hustle even if I am in Canada as an international student?

When we get it, will I have to fly in to Nigeria to take my family so that we can do the proper landing procedure in Canada?

Meanwhile, my applications are for MA International Affairs/ Global Governance

1. Norman Paterson School of International Affairs at Carleton University
2. Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at University of Ottawa
3. Balsillie School of International Affairs at University of Waterloo

Research them and let me know what you think about the competitiveness of getting admitted into these schools (even for Canadian citizens) grin grin

I'll appreciate your kind reply response to the above questions.
Cheers man.

Yes you can pursue anywhere in the world and if you succeed, can come back to Nigeria and take your familly or they can follow the protocol by themselves of joining you in Canada. There is an EE thread on NL and you might want to follow there with them. This one is strictly student visa.

I don't think these are the best public policy schools in Canada. Every public policy school claims they are the best. I think University of Calgary Public Policy school is one of the best and offers full scholarship to all the students accepted to its masters program. That is how you know who is the best. The best public policy schools have full scholarship for two years. University of Saskatchewan is one of the best too. But then I am partial because I am going there.

I will look at the 3 aforementioned and give you my take.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Good to be back.
After all the stress.
Good luck to the list of hopefuls.
Anyone coming to Canada now should brace up for Cold. It started snowing already.
I was shocked too.
Again make sure you have added more documents especially if you can get one from your prospective supervisor. This could help to facility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Wrong. His mum's account not enough especially if she has other dependents. What school is 6 million enough at? It's not a scholarship, it TA work study. I don't know what Osemigbo said, please enlighten instead of sending on an empty goose chase.

About this, I only have one kid bro that is still dependent. The rest are married. I explained to the VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rocorleone:
Good to be back.
After all the stress.
Good luck to the list of hopefuls.
Anyone coming to Canada now should brace up for Cold. It started snowing already.
I was shocked too.
Again make sure you have added more documents especially if you can get one from your prospective supervisor. This could help to facility.

what kind of document from the prospective supervisor? Kindly explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
A letter of reference
Just a letter admitting that him/her is your supervisor and is kin to see that you arrive as soon as possible to kick off your research and studies.blablabla
They take official letters like this serious though
WEIRDPC:

what kind of document from the prospective supervisor? Kindly explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rocorleone:
A letter of reference
Just a letter admitting that him/her is your supervisor and is kin to see that you arrive as soon as possible to kick off your research and studies.blablabla
They take official letters like this serious though

Thanks. . Noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TITILOLA88: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Congratulations! Go and prosper, we dey your back!
Ope100:
Help me praise God.
Only God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.