Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828090 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2017
I mean after the first and 2nd refusal
akmog:

I'm yet to get my passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2017
dannydenzy:

Can I send you a pm? I think we are facing similar issues.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 10:54am On Nov 08, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Can I send you a pm? I think we are facing similar issues.
Check your mail.. I replied you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibeli0: 10:56am On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

The question asked on the form IMM1294E is how much is available to you for your studies (room and board and other expenses). The question is not what is available to you for your first year of studies. So yes for the entire years of studies is what is been asked and should be indicated.
hi@jnyuwa02 I sent you an email please can you check it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2017
akmog:
Good morning all, my application has finally been approved after third attempt. Glory be to Almighty God
Congratulations, your application was so fast.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akmog: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2017
dannydenzy:

the first time, I got it 3rd day after denial at vsf office in Lagos, but the 2nd one I used courier so it took 13 days before I got it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2017
WEIRDPC:
Thanks boss. How long before they send my passport back to nigeria?

7 to 10 working days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Lagos2canna:

7 to 10 working days
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations!!!
akmog:
Good morning all, my application has finally been approved after third attempt. Glory be to Almighty God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
akmog:

the first time, I got it 3rd day after denial at vsf office in Lagos, but the 2nd one I used courier so it took 13 days before I got it.

Congratulations....... I celebrate with you!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

The question asked on the form IMM1294E is how much is available to you for your studies (room and board and other expenses). The question is not what is available to you for your first year of studies. So yes for the entire years of studies is what is been asked and should be indicated.

Contrary to your statement as emboldened, applicants are required to show and fill funds for the FIRST year of study only and not for the entire program.

Officers will asses the applicant's ability to meet the requirements using the fee scheduled as written on the offer letter which most times is for one year. It is required that applicants indicate and show funds for the first year of study only. Most especially funds for tuition as written on the offer letter as well as a minimum of 10,000CAD.
Here is a snapshot of the requirements from CIC's website.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
akmog:
TIME-LINE ; First application
*Applied via paper route : 02/05/17
*Denied: 06/06/17
REASONS
*purpose of visit
*travel history
PROFILE ;
*Previous degree: B.Sc and Msc Physics
*Intended course: Msc in space physics with intention of transferring to PhD in 2nd year
*Relevant work experience: Yes, 8 years plus
*Prerequisites courses: Yes
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ;
*SOP
*WAEC and nysc certificate
*Bsc and Msc Certificate and transcript
*Admission letter
*letter of financial support from UoA, $28000
* letter of introduction from my employer and that of my wife
*Marriage certificate
* My birth certificate and that of my wife and daughter
*My pay slip
*Upfront medical
*My statement of account
* Document for my landed properties
*Police character certificate
*Co Sponsor(uncle's) bank statements
*Co sponsors employment letter, I.D card
*Co sponsor's Landed properties
*Co sponsor's international passport data page

2nd application
*Applied via paper route : 26/06/17
*Denied: 16/09/17
REASONS
*purpose of visit
*travel history
*financial status and personal asset
DOCUMENT SUBMITTED
*same as the first application
* Rewrite my SOP to address why I put in for Msc since I already have one
* Letter from my supervisor explaining why I was admitted for master and the intention of transferring to PhD in my 2nd year.

3rd application
*Applied via paper route : 28/09/17
*Approved: 07/11/17
ncial status and personal asset
DOCUMENT SUBMITTED
* same SOP as the 2nd application
* Letter of explanation, I address the reasons of my 2nd denial one by one and I stapled documents to back up my explanation to the letter.
* Affidavit of return.
* Lot of prayer of divine favour with fasting

I want to encourage everyone that have been denied never to give up, put in more effort and try to address all issues raised by the vo . I pray that the almighty God that perfect my own will also do yours.
A big thanks to my Nairaland friend Gbenga (abestine) for his encouragement and support.

Determination & divine favour landed you your TRV. Congratulations once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
Igbouwanile:
Hello Friends!
Please anyone heading to New Brunswick soon Or presently there shud kindly signify.. Thanks

Not soon apparently cheesy cheesy

About completing my application. M.Eng Mechanical fall 2018.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
. double post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

Contrary to your statement as emboldened, applicants are required to show and fill funds for the FIRST year of study only and not for the entire program.

Officers will asses the applicant's ability to meet the requirements using the fee scheduled as written on the offer letter which most times is for one year. It is required that applicants indicate and show funds for the first year of study only. Most especially funds for tuition as written on the offer letter as well as a minimum of 10,000CAD.
Here is a snapshot of the requirements from CIC's website.

If they want you to fill out only one year, they will ask you to do so. They are law makers or enjoy some knowledge in the law and know how to be specific if they meant so. The question does not ask for one year, it ask for your stay. Why should you assume it is a year they asking for? The school forms filled on an IRCC forms do not fill out for one year. At least mine didn't. They fill for the entire studies. You will be wise to take cues and fill for entire studies. VOs enjoy such discretion to analyze for the entire studies and deny if you can't meet entire studies. It actually makes sense to analyze for entire studies. So going by your analysis, if a VO analyzes for only one year and applicant meets that, the rest of the other years, where do the funds come from? Does an applicant get a pass in demonstrating financial ability for prospective years of study after the first? Certainly not. The entire years of study is what is consonant to the retirements of the law that foreign student show financial ability for their studies.

Ps: the guideline you attached does not purport to say that is how to answer the question in contention by filling one year into the columns for the questions asked. It only says proof of one year is what is required, but VOs must assess for entire studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If they want you to fill out only one year, they will ask you to do so. They are law makers or enjoy some knowledge in the law and know how to be specific if they meant so. The question does not ask for one year, it ask for your stay. Why should you assume it is a year they asking for? The school forms filled on an IRCC forms do not fill out for one year. At least mine didn't. They fill for the entire studies. You will be wise to take cues and fill for entire studies. VOs enjoy such discretion to analyze for the entire studies and deny if you can't meet entire studies. It actually makes sense to analyze for entire studies. So going by your analysis, if a VO analyzes for only one year and applicant meets that, the rest of the other years, where do the funds come from? Does an applicant get a pass in demonstrating financial ability for prospective years of study after the first? Certainly not. The entire years of study is what is consonant to the retirements of the law that foreign student show financial ability for their studies. I think the one year thing you have attached is only a guideline. The law requires entire schedule of studies.
My only concern are the folks reading this maybe now or later. I know you will go round this for a along time.

For newbies, silent followers etc. Endeavour to read CIC's websites on requirements and instructions. Also download the Visa office instructions from the application package too. It will help you.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
Okay
akmog:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

My only concern is the folks reading this maybe now or later. I know you will go round this for along time.

For newbies, silent followers etc. Endeavour to read CIC's websites on requirements and instructions. Also download the Visa office instructions from the application package too. It will help you.

It's like the guideline you pasted sometime back sayin on CIC website it says to include Waec results and transcripts in your application for student permit, when we have seen many people get visa without including those. It's a difference between rote knowledge and common sense. VOs enjoy discretion in these things and know when 1 + 1 adds up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It's like the guideline you pasted sometime back sayin on CIC website it says to include Waec results and transcripts in your application for student permit when we have seen many people get visa without including those. It's a difference between rote knowledge and common sense. VOs enjoy discretion in these things and know when 1 + 1 adds up.
Lol. Okay sir.

@bold, read that particular post of mine again.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congrats bro

akmog:
TIME-LINE ; First application
*Applied via paper route : 02/05/17
*Denied: 06/06/17
REASONS
*purpose of visit
*travel history
PROFILE ;
*Previous degree: B.Sc and Msc Physics
*Intended course: Msc in space physics with intention of transferring to PhD in 2nd year
*Relevant work experience: Yes, 8 years plus
*Prerequisites courses: Yes
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ;
*SOP
*WAEC and nysc certificate
*Bsc and Msc Certificate and transcript
*Admission letter
*letter of financial support from UoA, $28000
* letter of introduction from my employer and that of my wife
*Marriage certificate
* My birth certificate and that of my wife and daughter
*My pay slip
*Upfront medical
*My statement of account
* Document for my landed properties
*Police character certificate
*Co Sponsor(uncle's) bank statements
*Co sponsors employment letter, I.D card
*Co sponsor's Landed properties
*Co sponsor's international passport data page

2nd application
*Applied via paper route : 26/06/17
*Denied: 16/09/17
REASONS
*purpose of visit
*travel history
*financial status and personal asset
DOCUMENT SUBMITTED
* Rewrite my SOP to address why I put in for Msc since I already have one
* Letter from my supervisor explaining why I was admitted for master and the intention of transferring to PhD in my 2nd year.

3rd application
*Applied via paper route : 28/09/17
*Approved: 07/11/17
ncial status and personal asset
DOCUMENT SUBMITTED
* same SOP as the 2nd application
* Letter of explanation, I address the reasons of my 2nd denial one by one and I stapled documents to back up my explanation to the letter.
* Affidavit of return.
* Lot of prayer of divine favour with fasting

I want to encourage everyone that have been denied never to give up, put in more effort and try to address all issues raised by the vo . I pray that the almighty God that perfect my own will also do yours.
A big thanks to my Nairaland friend Gbenga (abestine) for his encouragement and support.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

Lol. Okay sir.

@bold, read that particular post of mine again.

All the people I know have been filling that column with their entire amount available for them for the duration of their studies and rightfully so because that is the question asked. Yours for one year is a pretty novel idea. Don't you think these people understand the law and if what is really meant is funds for a year, they would have stated so on the question unequivocally and in no uncertain terms? I am confident based on my knowledge of the law that what they are asking is not a year. If they meant a year, the way they asked the question would have left them vulnerable to litigation at a Canadian federal court and that person who sues them will win.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
..double post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
Actually my friend in Selkirk College told me to add all my school fees,room and boards for the two years duration of my studies , even said I should add like 3kcad extra for the total amount so I put 57kcad in my total amount available for my stay.

jnyuwa02:

All the people I know have been filling that column with their entire amount available for them for the duration of their studies and rightfully so because that is the question asked. Yours for one year is a pretty novel idea. Don't you think these people understand the law and if what is really meant is a funds for a year, they would have stated so on the question unequivocally and in no uncertain terms? I am confident based on my knowledge of the law that what they are asking is not a year. If they meant a year, the way they asked the question would have left them vulnerable to litigation at a Canadian federal court and that person who sues them will win.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
OriEyeLe:
Actually my friend in Selkirk College told me to add all my school fees,room and boards for the two years duration of my studies , even said I should add like 3kcad extra for the total amount so I put 57kcad in my total amount available for my stay.

Your friend is a gentleman and a scholar, you should thank him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Your friend is a gentleman and a scholar, you should thank him.

@Jnyuwa02, you don't seize to amaze me seriously. Because as far as I'm concerned what we all know here is the first year tuition fees ,room and board should be for first year, most guys here got approved with it. Anyway, it doesn't call for a debate, I'll confirm this your information from the right source. All the same, thanks for the info.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

@Jnyuwa02, you don't seize to amaze me seriously. Because as far as I'm concerned what we all know here is the first year tuition fees ,room and board should be for first year, most guys here got approved with it. Anyway, it doesn't call for a debate, I'll confirm this your information from the right source. All the same, thanks for the info.

I believe the visa officers undestand this confusion and will exercise their discretion and look at your SOA. But the question asked is without a doubt the entire money you have for your stay. Better to fill it right just in case you meet a VO who is intolerant of mediocrity. You know people vying for a thing hard to get, better to be right. Let us know what you find out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
Greetings to everyone in the house. So I was denied last month due to insufficient funds to pay my fees, take cr of myself, and living expenses and am to resume school in January 2018. I looked at the visa processing time and tot of deferring till may 2018.,I wrote to my school to know if I can actually defer but they said I can only defer till September for international students. And by then I will be 26 years. But I tot of risking it to apply again with my January admission letter this November as I can't wait till September 2018 as time is not on my side and due to my age, but this time pay my tuition fees and living expenses but then the school has said any fees paid is not refundable. And still my sponsor is not related to me in anyway.he is a family friend.pls advise me what should I do? Should I risk applying this November still with my January admission letter then just boost my sponsors account because he had 8milion in his account as at the time I applied in august and my school fees together with my living expenses is 7.5million. Pls advice what should I do? Gurus in the house pls look into my case! Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ISK9: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If they want you to fill out only one year, they will ask you to do so. They are law makers or enjoy some knowledge in the law and know how to be specific if they meant so. The question does not ask for one year, it ask for your stay. Why should you assume it is a year they asking for? The school forms filled on an IRCC forms do not fill out for one year. At least mine didn't. They fill for the entire studies. You will be wise to take cues and fill for entire studies. VOs enjoy such discretion to analyze for the entire studies and deny if you can't meet entire studies. It actually makes sense to analyze for entire studies. So going by your analysis, if a VO analyzes for only one year and applicant meets that, the rest of the other years, where do the funds come from? Does an applicant get a pass in demonstrating financial ability for prospective years of study after the first? Certainly not. The entire years of study is what is consonant to the retirements of the law that foreign student show financial ability for their studies.

Ps: the guideline you attached does not purport to say that is how to answer the question in contention by filling one year into the columns for the questions asked. It only says proof of one year is what is required, but VOs must assess for entire studies.
Hi jnyuwa02,

Actually this is my first post on this forum. As a matter of fact, i had to sign up so i can address you and your related post. Having followed this thread silently for over a year now, i must say it is one of the most insightful and informative so far.
I used most information gotten from here to process my study permit application which was approved on the first attempt. I have learnt from past elders in this house and i'm still learning from the current knowledgeable people here too because i also want to guide my siblings to pursue their study here in Canada.

Now to the issue, i have watched and read most of your comments filled with so much ambuiguity, aggressiveness, pride and very unwelcoming attitude towards everybody that have a contrary view and opinion about anything your post here. One thing you must learn to understand is that this is a forum and in as much as you 'think' you are knowledgeable or intelligent on a wide variety of issues, the bulk doesn't and won't stop at your table. Reading most of your post, i notice you only want anything you suggest or say to either stand out or be acceptable as the right thing probably because you use grammars or your well carved words project sense in the things you post.

You must learn to be humble, interact with people that have little or similar or more knowledge or idea than you. You flip a lot once someone challenges your post and this is simply because you see a contrary opinion in a competitive manner rather than in an interactive way. Nobody here is a VO or an immigration expert, if all you claim you know about laws, immigration and all were really what they are, you wouldn't be here in the first place. You would use those knowledge to build an independent empire for yourself in one way or the other and not here arguing and arguing. Real intelligent people don't argue a lot, the pick things from people's opinion and make the most of them either by studying more or using a better strategy.

I have followed @Austinpee4 very well all through the period i was preparing for my application and one thing i can tell about him is facts! He just has a way to give you facts than mere sentiments or assumed knowledge. Even in this still, he will advise that people go on the appropraite website to cross-check information put across. Even with the event of today, he still didn't disappoint. He attached a screen shot of the facts and even part of the screen shot was the same thing you started dragging. Do you even get tired

While filling my form, i filled funds for one year and the statements of accounts showed funds for one year. Deep into the processing of my application, CIC requested that i pay my tuition and show evidence of living expenses for a year because of the forex control policies at the time and not for two years like you have been struggling to prove today. I have lots of friends here in Canada who all filled funds for a year. Some didn't even have the funds but were able to show this using their sponsors. The required funds is for a year! If any applicant choose to show an exceeding amount to cover for the entire program, good! But it doesn't change the provisions of the ACT of CIC that requires funds for a year. They can't give conflicting statements either on their forms or the website as you noted.

Only in a case of a self sponsored applicant that this may apply if he or she does not have any source or sources of generating further income while studying in Canada. If your look carefully at the screenshot, the later part of it mention that the student must also show that there will be a possibility of generating funds for subsequent years. Then what are you even saying? If an applicant has a sponsor that is working and can earn enough to support the sponsored, i don't see how this would mean showing the entire funds. Why then is there a need for a sponsor when you have shown funds for your entire program.

Dude, you don't have to be combative to understand things neither do you need to lie to yourself when you do not have information about something. Own up to it, learn and improve on how you relate with people. This is one sure avenue for you to improve on yourself and as far as i'm concerned, your attitude towards your post are more important than what you are even writing sef. It's either you are reminding us on how long you have lived in the US or how you understand the Canadian system and laws but then it is not reflective in your post. I have a lot of respect for you but most times, i can't seem to understand why it is difficult for you to relate with people that have better understanding than yourself in an issue. Nobody knows it all. You have learnt a lot here since you joined and shows you have made progress in your knowledge.

Accomodate people's opinion and ideas, learn how to respond with some sense of agreement or disagreement. Keep your personal experience to yourself, majority of us are not interested. If you have a suggestion to make, give an accurate one and allow people make their decision. Most importantly, avoid resentful comments, it's just appalling each time you do. You are smart, yes. Allow this also to show in how you relate in the forum. It is a forum afteral and not a house of competition.

Have a good day sir.

39 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
I'm afraid I have to agree with the poster above. Stating your position authoritatively without being open to being challenged is very bad for the thread, and doesn't help future readers whatsoever. And this defeats the purpose of the thread, and causes unnecessary confusion to readers.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Best forum ever! Waiting for a reply on my recent post o �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
10shuare:
Greetings to everyone in the house. So I was denied last month due to insufficient funds to pay my fees, take cr of myself, and living expenses and am to resume school in January 2018. I looked at the visa processing time and tot of deferring till may 2018.,I wrote to my school to know if I can actually defer but they said I can only defer till September for international students. And by then I will be 26 years. But I tot of risking it to apply again with my January admission letter this November as I can't wait till September 2018 as time is not on my side and due to my age, but this time pay my tuition fees and living expenses but then the school has said any fees paid is not refundable. And still my sponsor is not related to me in anyway.he is a family friend.pls advise me what should I do? Should I risk applying this November still with my January admission letter then just boost my sponsors account because he had 8milion in his account as at the time I applied in august and my school fees together with my living expenses is 7.5million. Pls advice what should I do? Gurus in the house pls look into my case! Thank you

@thesoj all the gurus in the house pls look into this�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

...Normally TA or RA position should suffice as part of the overall funding. But recent observation compels the believe that CIC does not treat RA and TA funding as a full scholarship or even part of an applicant's funding package. The recipe you recommended won't work. Why do I say so? Because it has been tried by an applicant right here on this forum. He had "full funding" comprising TA and RA position at Simon Frazier University....
I fully disagree with your speculation turned fact, as described above. This is not the first time that VOs would deny applicants with funding but didn't make it abundantly clear. Even if he wrote "full funding" it doesn't mean that the funding letter was clear and showed all the amounts necessary; if I remember correctly another applicant on this thread said he got full funding but his funding letter didn't state the amount (and was denied for insufficient funds). This is likely the application you are referring to.

I also can't understand how you make the logical leap that the applicant was denied because he had a research assistantship and not a scholarship.

Research assistantships are scholarships for funding purposes.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.