Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828078 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akmog: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
Riddler32:
Boss,

On your third trail which was successful, I have couple of questions.

First of all, can you throw more light on this Affidavit of return?.

Secondly, how did you go about Affidavit of return? Did you go to a high court to swear an Affidavit of return?

Lastly, how did you resolve the Travel history rejection?

Thanks.

I did the affidavit of return at high court , secondly on the travel history stuff, I told them in my letter of explanation that I have travelled to some West Africa countries for official assignment since where I'm working has branches in those countries but this is not showing in my passport because I didn't need visa to enter those countries. And I also told them that the reason have not travelled to places like USA, UK Canada is because travelling is not my hobby, I only travel when I have something very important to do which is why I am applying for visa now in other to add value to myself and also enhance my career. You just need to be sincere and straight forward with your explanation and hope for the best

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
Riddler32:
Boss,

On your third trail which was successful, I have couple of questions.

First of all, can you throw more light on this Affidavit of return?.

Secondly, how did you go about Affidavit of return? Did you go to a high court to swear an Affidavit of return?

Lastly, how did you resolve the Travel history rejection? Thanks.
I just want to know if all those bolded are necessary, if u put up a strong application explaining your case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Riddler32: 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
Kudos boss, i am really impressed on how you tackled the issues.
However, i won't mind to be in-touch with you over the phone. Hope i am not asking for much
akmog:

I did the affidavit of return at high court , secondly on the travel history stuff, I told them in my letter of explanation that I have travelled to some West Africa countries for official assignment since where I'm working has branches in those countries but this is not showing in my passport because I didn't need visa to enter those countries. And I also told them that the reason have not travelled to places like USA, UK Canada is because travelling is not my hobby, I only travel when I have something very important to do which is why I am applying for visa now in other to add value to myself and also enhance my career.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PrudenceIko: 9:15am On Nov 09, 2017
Please someone should advice me, I'm 42 years, I read electrical electronics engineering university of Lagos ,and I intend applying for a student Permit in Canada, I have a Ltd organization with six months turn over of 150m and 10m balance and personal account turn over of 12m and 5m balance. I have previously worked in the then Oceanic bank a network administrator, I'm married with two kids one of WHICH was born in the USA, I have traveled to US, UK, china, France, Togo, Benin. Etc.
The cousrei applied for (graduate program) in a college. and what I'm presently into are highly correlated ,
My question is what will be my challenges?I'm new here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prof1999(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2017
ehm. our past elders made this visa approval very hard some provided fake document, some got the study permit but when they got there they changed and they started working and more other atrocities . and we (innocent)are now paying for it.thats is the more reason nigeria out of the countries eligible to immigrate to canada, has the highest processing time 22 weeks. they take enough time to check submitted documents . >and to those who got their study permit approved bravo ! is not easy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
@Okelion please remove your personal information, you can use DM instead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
Thank you Airene. I am new here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
Application approved, document valid!!! Does it mean my TRV has been approved in less than 3 weeks? Someone help oooo

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
Please, the Gurus in the house should help. I am new here. I don't even know if I am posting in the right place
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:
Application approved, document valid!!! Does it mean my TRV has been approved in less than 3 weeks? Someone help oooo

Congrats! even within one week, it is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:
Congratulations!
Kindly share your profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
I like the good work you guys are doing here. I came here after I have submitted my application and I felt like crying because I would have learnt a lot. I was just lucky.

Profile:
M.Sc Chemistry CGPA: 4.92/5.00, UNN
B.Sc Chemistry (First class 4.54/5.00), UNN
Lecturer,UNN ( from 2013 to present)
Married with one kid
Going for PhD in Chemistry

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
First degree certificate and transcript
M.Sc certificate and transcript
admission letter with funding ($32000 from supervisor stipend and $92,492 from admission scholarship)
No account statement from me or anyone
marriage cert
Going alone
my student page of Uottawa
My UNN appointment letter
Three pay slip (March, April and July)
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
Living expenses schedule from my school website
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rosegoldd: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
congrats oo!! youre even a brilliant academic,they need people like you probably why it was fast plus your documents are straight to the point,even confident enough not to submit statement of account
okelion:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:
I like the good work you guys are doing here. I came here after I have submitted my application and I felt like crying because I would have learnt a lot. I was just lucky.

Profile:
M.Sc Chemistry CGPA: 4.92, UNN
B.Sc Chemistry (First class 4.54), UNN
Married with one kid

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
admission letter with funding ($32000 from supervisor stipend and $92,492 from admission scholarship)
marriage cert
Going alone
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert

congrats!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
@rosegoldd, PhD

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
@maziude, please check your email. Your brother is coming to meet you soon. God is faithful

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adebayonle(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ope100:
Why not? I'm more than willing to assist you if it's in an area I'm well informed, if not the gurus in the house are here for you. Feel free to ask whatever here.
Regards
bros please let me have your whatsapp number or email,I have questions to ask you and I believe I can gain from your wealth o experience. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
IGI IWE O(tree of book grin )..... congrats brother. Excellent profile.

okelion:

Profile:
Lecturer,UNN ( from 2013 to ;Dpresent)
Married with one kid

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
marriage cert
Going alone
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
I’ve recieved my gcms notes and attached is what it says.

Now my question is this; if I change my course of study to have a connection with my degree and somewhat represents a logical progression in studies, have I addressed the issue of Purpose Of Study? Bearing in mind that there are cases of VO’s finding another reason to deny an application even after one addresses his/her first refusal reason.

Secondly, my sponsor in my first application- my dad, passed away recently and now, I’m thinking of re-applying again with my mom as sponsor. Surely there’ll be lump sum of money in her account. How can I possibly address that? Although she will include the source in her sponsorship letter. Is that enough?

I have a degree in Civil Engineering ( Water Resources Engineering option)

I’ve been working as a project manager for a private firm the past 2 years.

Applied for PGC in Project management (professional) Winter 2018.

Now, I want to reapply for PGC in Environmental Management and Assessment - which was my final year project topic. Spring 2018.

Does this represents a logical progression?

‘Cause honestly, I think this will be my last shot and if my reapplication fail to fly for Spring 2018, I will then focus on going to Ireland ( already working on that for Fall 2018).

Kindly assist me guys. Thank you and God bless y’all ��.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by modupeesa: 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:

Profile:
Married with one kid

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
marriage cert
Going alone
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert
waaooo, congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:

Wow!!! Congrats Okelion! Less than 3 weeks? Amazing!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sharles: 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:

Did you do medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by okelion: 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Yes, upfront medical

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:
Wow! Such speed! Congratulations to you bro.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
WEIRDPC:

No ooo. My passport is not even back. I'm preparing well this time. I'm taking my time. Hopefully i can defer
Do well to also get your GCMS note. It should help you prepare better for your reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:
Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:

Profile:
Married with one kid

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
marriage cert
Going alone
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert
Congratulations nwannem. Indeed God speed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dior09: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dior09:
Good evening good people, please I need your advice. I graduated in 2009, B.Sc Biochemistry. Worked in a
laboratory for a while before taking up a nursing assistant job in a hospital due to my passion for nursing. I applied for B.Sc nursing in June so as to become a registered nurse and was refused in August based on Travel history, course inconsistency, insufficient funds and personal /financial assets.
Please note that I paid first year tuition in full including additional 5,000CAD as requested by the school. My salary is low hence I used my husband and my mother as sponsors.
I intend to reapply next year but how do I tackle this course inconsistency issue amongst other issues raised by the VO.
Please help a sister here I'm confused. I've already ordered my gcms, the same issues were stated there.
Thank you all.

Can someone please help me out here. I need your suggestions please. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GreatMikymiko: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
Congratulations. You too much. I salute. Best wishes
okelion:

Profile:
Married with one kid

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
marriage cert
Going alone
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.