Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830705 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akmog: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
Riddler32:
Kudos boss, i am really impressed on how you tackled the issues.
However, i won't mind to be in-touch with you over the phone. Hope i am not asking for much

No problem, you can send me a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrDandy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
akmog:

the first time, I got it 3rd day after denial at vsf office in Lagos, but the 2nd one I used courier so it took 13 days before I got it.
Hi bro.. which province in Canada are you gonna stay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=akmog post=62224103]
I still believe on one thing (visa approval is by GOD grace) just put a good application and grace and favor settles everything.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=osento post=62227592][/quote] Only God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessbunmi(f): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good evening house, please I will like to ask some questions before I apply for my TRV as a guide.

1. Is there any implication for submitting a passport that will expire before the end of one's program? For instance, I want to apply for 2 year program and my passport will expire before the end of the year program.

2. What is expected to be filled in travel history for anyone who has not traveled out of the country before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
Crownny86:
Madam,

Though am not an expert but the following are my opinion to your questions;
1. Since your uncle is not contributing or has not showed any interest of supporting you with fund, I see no reason why you should include him as co-sponsor.. Co-sponsor means he/she is ready to declare some fund towards your education in a letter backed by releasing his statement of account or transferring some cash to you. You need to ascertain the above before talking of documents to ask him..

2. What is actually your last name? If your last name on your current passport is the same on all your other documents including birth cert, then just get a court affidavit(from High Court preferably) for disarrangement of first name and middle name.

3. If your mum will be sole sponsor there are some questions the VO might be looking at like are you the only child, apart from the 6mm bal, what is the average inflow and outflow on the account.. If the inflow and outflow in the account is higher than 6mm , then the 6mm balance might fly..

Above are my opinions.

Hi dear thanks again for Ur response my fee is$ 6600 for a yr my mum has two dependants and she intends using a statement of 7million now that is after paying the fees. Hope it will be enough. Also I guess by inflow and outflow u mean the total CR and dr for 5months before the month of visa application. If so yes I calculated her inflow it was about 10m from June to now. I've not calculated d outflow yet but it's more than the CR. I will apply for trv by next mnth.
Pls house your contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What is not to be started here? Just trying to help the guy man!

I'm not a guy... I'm a babe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello everyone, pls can somebody give me tips and advices on IELTS exam? Very urgent for a lil bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
oluswagger:
Hello everyone, pls can somebody give me tips and advices on IELTS exam? Very urgent for a lil bro

Hi there,
Google IELTS Liz read everything and study the practice questions.take it seriously I used it for mine and had a 6.5. Success #

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
oluswagger:

Hi there,
Google IELTS Liz read everything and study the practice questions.take it seriously I used it for mine and had a 6.5. Success # watch video clips too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
JoseJonn:

Hi dear thanks again for Ur response my fee is$ 6600 for a yr my mum has two dependants and she intends using a statement of 7million now that is after paying the fees. Hope it will be enough. Also I guess by inflow and outflow u mean the total CR and dr for 5months before the month of visa application. If so yes I calculated her inflow it was about 10m from June to now. I've not calculated d outflow yet but it's more than the CR. I will apply for trv by next mnth.
Pls house your contributions.

Pls guys I need a reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
blessbunmi:
Good evening house, please I will like to ask some questions before I apply for my TRV as a guide.

1. Is there any implication for submitting a passport that will expire before the end of one's program? For instance, I want to apply for 2 year program and my passport will expire before the end of the year program.

2. What is expected to be filled in travel history for anyone who has not traveled out of the country before?

Most countries travel advisories recommend passport be valid at least 6 months into the future, effective date you travel. You should be fine given what you stated. You can apply for renewal at the Nigerian embassy in Ottawa when your passport expires. Use to be that you could mail your passport in, but Nigerian embassy has now instituted that applicant be physically present at the embassy. If you have not travelled before outside the country and spent more than six months, indicate no. I believe question 8 is what you are asking when you refer to "travel history"? Best of luck!

Ps: a quick googling shows that Canada and Mexico are the only two countries that do not enforce the six months rule, meaning you can travel to Canada even if your passport is less than six months to expiry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
okelion:
I like the good work you guys are doing here. I came here after I have submitted my application and I felt like crying because I would have learnt a lot. I was just lucky.

Profile:
M.Sc Chemistry CGPA: 4.92/5.00, UNN
B.Sc Chemistry (First class 4.54/5.00), UNN
Lecturer,UNN ( from 2013 to present)
Married with one kid
Going for PhD in Chemistry

Document submitted
CIC forms (2)
First degree certificate and transcript
M.Sc certificate and transcript
admission letter with funding ($32000 from supervisor stipend and $92,492 from admission scholarship)
No account statement from me or anyone
marriage cert
Going alone
my student page of Uottawa
My UNN appointment letter
Three pay slip (March, April and July)
NYSC cert
FSLC
WAEC
NECO
JSSCE
Birth CERT
Living expenses schedule from my school website
My school fees schedule
No landed property
Upfront medical
Police cert

Congrats Bro, go and make us proud.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EzekielMab(m): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hi guys , is there anyone in George brown College reading this post ?

Pls how much did you pay initially as fee before leaving Nigeria ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EzekielMab(m): 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
PrudenceIko:
Please someone should advice me, I'm 42 years, I read electrical electronics engineering university of Lagos ,and I intend applying for a student Permit in Canada, I have a Ltd organization with six months turn over of 150m and 10m balance and personal account turn over of 12m and 5m balance. I have previously worked in the then Oceanic bank a network administrator, I'm married with two kids one of WHICH was born in the USA, I have traveled to US, UK, china, France, Togo, Benin. Etc.
The cousrei applied for (graduate program) in a college. and what I'm presently into are highly correlated ,
My question is what will be my challenges?I'm new here

To be honest , that account too gallant. I'm sure they would be too gallant to welcome you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EzekielMab(m): 12:14am On Nov 10, 2017
Ope100:
*Ope100*

TIME-LINE;
*Applied via online route: 19/04/17
*Biometrics: 20/04/17
*Review of Eligibility: 17/09/2017
*Medical mail: 19/10/17 
*Medicals: 26/10/17
*Medical passed: 28/10/17
*Approval mail/PPR: 07/11/17

PROFILE;
*Previous degree: B.Sc Building (01/17)
*Intended course: College Diploma, HVAC technology
*DLI: Holland College, PEI
*Duration: 2 years
*Tuition: $9,000+ CAD/year
*Relevant work experience: Yes, during my internship
*Prerequisites courses: Yes, during my undergraduate

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED;
*Letter of Intent
*WAEC certificate
*Undergraduate Certificate
*Proof of prerequisite courses
*Proof of relevant work experience
*Siblings school I.D cards
*Passports data pages, visa's and stamps
*Police character certificate
*Sponsor/Dad's bank statements
*Sponsors employment letter, I.D card
*Sponsor's Landed properties 
*Sponsor's CSCS shares
*Sponsor's international passport data page
*My birth certificate
*Family picture

I , I just sent you a mail now , can you please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 6:01am On Nov 10, 2017
AKUPSME:
Good evening!
I contacted a Lecturer at MUN for Supervision and he told me he didn't have space and money now for another student.
But he suggested I get a scholarship letter even if it's from a relatives company,so he can take me in.
What step should I take from here,I am applying for fall 2018
Here is the message he sent to me.

I am sorry I do not have funds to take a new student.

Self funded students are not allowed in research degree program at MUN engineering. If you have some scholarship then you can get an admission. Scholarship letter could be from government or some private company. It does not matter if company is owned by your relatives. Can you arrange that?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 6:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Please someone should reply me...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 6:42am On Nov 10, 2017
akmog:

No problem, you can send me a pm.
Me too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2017
Refused!
We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements

CORRESPONDENCE

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

PS: Paid tuition for a term
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2017
EzekielMab:

To be honest , that account too gallant. I'm sure they would be too gallant to welcome you

Due to age and family composition ,pls take cognisant of Family ties,so that the visa officer will not see you as an immigrant and not a genuine student using school as a way to facilitate your entry into Canada.let your SOP explain all this .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2017
PrudenceIko:
Please someone should advice me, I'm 42 years, I read electrical electronics engineering university of Lagos ,and I intend applying for a student Permit in Canada, I have a Ltd organization with six months turn over of 150m and 10m balance and personal account turn over of 12m and 5m balance. I have previously worked in the then Oceanic bank a network administrator, I'm married with two kids one of WHICH was born in the USA, I have traveled to US, UK, china, France, Togo, Benin. Etc.
The cousrei applied for (graduate program) in a college. and what I'm presently into are highly correlated ,
My question is what will be my challenges?I'm new here

Due to age and family composition ,pls take cognisant of Family ties,so that the visa officer will not see you as an immigrant and not a genuine student using school as a way to facilitate your entry into Canada.let your SOP explain all this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 7:25am On Nov 10, 2017
EzekielMab:
Hi guys , is there anyone in George brown College reading this post ?

Pls how much did you pay initially as fee before leaving Nigeria ?
I was accepted into GBC earlier this year, I paid $7000+.

I am awaiting visa application decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EzekielMab(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

I was accepted into GBC earlier this year, I paid $7000+.

I am awaiting visa application decision.

Did you send your transcript yourself or your school sent it to them ?

Awaiting your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2017
Hello, I've replied you sir.
EzekielMab:

I , I just sent you a mail now , can you please reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 7:54am On Nov 10, 2017
Why don't you ask your questions on here, as I'm no where near a guru... If you insist, you may send me a PM. Regards
adebayonle:
bros please let me have your whatsapp number or email,I have questions to ask you and I believe I can gain from your wealth o experience. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JayFaddy(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2017
Hello house, kudos to all the contributors in here�
Experts in the house please help review my GCMS notes and advise on the way forward. I couldn't upload it so I will quote verbatim;

"Applicant has not provided compelling reason for study in Canada. Unclear why applicant would incur cost of relocating to canada rather than undertake a similar course in current country of residence, which would also not require her leave her spouse and two young children. PA does not appear to have previously travelled to canada and has very limited other travel. I am not satisfied she is a genuine student who will abide by the terms of the visa and leave at the end of her stay. Application refused."

Seems my strongest point (family ties) is working against me here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adebayonle(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Ope100:
Why don't you ask your questions on here, as I'm no where near a guru... If you insist, you may send me a PM. Regards
I want to ask if someone with a third class can apply for a 2 years diploma program in chemical laboratory technology and the required documents to process the admission

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.