Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (833846 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
Hello Room!

I was going through the thread and I noticed that most applicants were refused of their study visas based on the following grounds shorlisted on this post and this has given most of them sleepness night, some have decided to quit the Canadian dream and end up having the mindset that Canadian study visa is tough and can not be easily approved unless you use an AGENT, some even go as far as paying millions to AGENTS just to get their study visa. I must tell you that it is a lie, most agents even go as far as complicating issues for applicant, which most times lead to misrepresentation and a 5 years Ban. After reading this post, you have to get up to your feet , beat your chest and do things in the right way and get your study permit app approved Asap.

RECENT REFUSAL GROUNDS:

1-) Purpose of visit
2-) Current employment situation
3-) Personal asset and financial status.
4-) family ties in Canada or home country.

In this post I'll address the above reasons and give POSSSIBLE WAYS to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT -

It is important that your visit coincides with an important event in your life or the purpose of the visit can be reasonably explained in your SOP. If it is for study you must have qualifications in that field or have the expertise in that area. Most times, your job role or company should be relevant to previous studies and to your chosen field of study in Canada.
If you decide to change career path, it should be clearly stated on your SOP with compelling/strong/ and convincing reasons to why you decide to change a career path.

Your letter of intent should reflect the following and should be addressed in each paragraphs to avoid repetition.
1-) Describe your academic background briefly.
2-) Why you choose Canada not Nigeria.
3-) The school.
4-) The program of choice.
5-)How you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
6-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

Everything should point to 'studying in Canada' not working or visiting friends and family in Canada or securing a PR after completion of studies.

Address all academic backlogs, study gaps, study plans etc... on your SOP.

2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENTSITUATION

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

3-) PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL STATUS

Like most embassies, the Canadian High Commission will also be interested in your finances. Show a 6-month bank statement or more for any Canada visa application; both current and savings accounts, showing your salaries or income from employment. If you have treasury bills, building society savings, mortgages, microfinance or credit union savings and the pass book or certificates, share investments in companies etc, add all to prove you have enough financial resources before and after your trip. There is no cut off bank statement figure. So try as much as possible to show your monthly inflow and outflow of salaries in your salary bank statement with a good closing balance as a proof of financial establishment.

4-)

FAMILY TIES IN CANADA OR HOME COUNTRY

Prospective travellers who were refused with this point wondered why they should have a family in Canada before being given the visa. Note that the full statement is “family in Canada OR family in your home country”. So its either you failed to prove each criterion or both criteria, that is, whether you have family ties in Canada or whether you have family ties to your home country. This is what you do :

Show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home?

1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own businesses/property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?

All these mentioned are HOME TIES, so if you have any of the following listed, endeavor to show evidence to each of them and make sure you add it to your application.

The above information is Legit and was obtained from a Canadian Legal personnel.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

All the best to the hopefuls and to the approved, CONGRATULATIONS!!!.

Nice one bro. Kudos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vtoluwalope: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2017
wealth360:
I replied u

Yes, Thank you....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 8:16am On Dec 20, 2017
McOsheBaba:
Please, those who submitted their passport at VFS Abuja, how long did it take to get the passport back?

Abeg, somebody answer na! grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jibb3rilz: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2017
please ill appreciate input on this

jibb3rilz:
Hello guys,

I am sure I have appeared at the American embassy before but I can't remember the specific year because it's over 10 years (2002 - 2004). I can't remember if I did UK visa too at the time of submitting documents to ups and visa collection at ups. That should be between 2004 - 2005. now my question is this, I want to apply for student visa in Canada, what should my response to have you ever been denied a visa before be when filling the form.
thanks for your help guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hrmajesty: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2017
Good day to all, really enjoyed reading then great testimonies been shared on here, definately tapping indo te blessing.
My intervirem date is on 29th this month.
My sponsor is my step brother with a different name entirely.
I hope and pray this won't affect me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nicanada: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello house please I have a question.i am a bsc holder 10 years ago with no work experience,married .do i stand a chance at trv and admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zan1999: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nicanada:
Hello house please I have a question.i am a bsc holder 10 years ago with no work experience,married .do i stand a chance at trv and admission?
Nothing is impossible but you need a lot to do in convincing the VO in your sop that you are a genuine student and that you are not just looking for a way to run away from Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by loveson(m): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello House,

Please I need advice...

I have read different comments here but none has really addressed the issue of whether to pay the University's tuition deposit to get the Letter of Acceptance in order to process Study Permit or to pay 1 year tuition.
Which would you advice I do? Would not paying the 1 year tuition affect the approval of my study permit?

Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Litealpha: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello sir, please I sent you a pm.
wealth360:
Hello great people of Nigeria. Greetings from Saskatoon. USASk precisely. I have a very vital information to pass across. I don't know if anyone here still remember the guy that got his TRV from Rwanda @Ejalonibu. He is presently doing his PhD here and his supervisor in Biomedical Engineering just receive funding for a research so please if you are very versatile with ODE and PDE in mathematics please kindly pm me so I can give you the prof name and details becos his in need of a student that is good in ODE and PDE asap. Full funding. Usask. Biomedical engineering.

To my wonderful people my last paper is dis week. So if you need someone to review your SOP. Kindly pm me or send me a mail. Am so loyal . love this great family. Hailings to all old and new guys and ladies here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello house...to travel no be for mouth. Indeed nothing good comes easy.The thing dey weaken me sometimes. I got an admission from Usask. I was sent my conditional admission letter and asked to send my official transcript I did this and it was sent on d 6th of this month via dhl by my school. I sent my department a mail they replied me and said they have checked my file d transcript is not there. Well, I tracked d transcript then it showed that it was recieved at northern Saskatoon by someone. Here is the address it was meant to be sent to
"College of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies Admissions
116Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon SK,S7N 5C9

Pls attached is the proof of delivery I'm just confused and the deadline for course registration is very close. Pls somebody I need urgent help!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are having a great day.
� please I need your � help
I applied on the 28th of November. Up till now I have not received any mail ✉ from CIC.
Could something have gone wrong or its still normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cyborg27(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello JoseJon,

No panic. Its possible they have a lot of files to process and have not got a hold of your package yet. Can you send them this POD to help locate your transcript and update your records?

JoseJonn:
Hello house...to travel no be for mouth. Indeed nothing good comes easy.The thing dey weaken me sometimes. I got an admission from Usask. I was sent my conditional admission letter and asked to send my official transcript I did this and it was sent on d 6th of this month via dhl by my school. I sent my department a mail they replied me and said they have checked my file d transcript is not there. Well, I tracked d transcript then it showed that it was recieved at northern Saskatoon by someone. Here is the address it was meant to be sent to
116Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
Saskatoon SK,S7N 5C9

Pls attached is the proof of delivery I'm just confused and the deadline for course registration is very close. Pls somebody I need urgent help!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miskeen: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
Its still normal....I apply since 24th of July and nothing yet till today,you just have to relax your self...Iyanu Ashele..
phemmzy96:
I applied on the 28th of November. Up till now I have not received any mail ✉ from CIC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by loveson(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2017
Still awaiting advice o, my people

loveson:
Hello House,

Please I need advice...

I have read different comments here but none has really addressed the issue of whether to pay the University's tuition deposit to get the Letter of Acceptance in order to process Study Permit or to pay 1 year tuition.
Which would you advice I do? Would not paying the 1 year tuition affect the approval of my study permit?

Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osiokoye: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi please when did you apply to study and when did they offer the admission? I applied in November for fall 2018 but my status still says complete and ready for review. It doesn't state under review. Should I be bothered?
JoseJonn:
116Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
Saskatoon SK,S7N 5C9

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cyborg27(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2017
Osiokoye,

Why bother? Your application will go thru the faculty to the department and back to the faculty. Then their decision will be made known to you. Did you say fall 2018? You still should not bother. The status will change as the file goes from one stage to the other. Just pray for a successful outcome...

Cheers!

Osiokoye:
Hi please when did you apply to study and when did they offer the admission? I applied in November for fall 2018 but my status still says complete and ready for review. It doesn't state under review. Should I be bothered?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
Miskeen:
Its still normal....I apply since 24th of July and nothing yet till today,you just have to relax your self...Iyanu Ashele..
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nicanada: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
zan1999:
Nothing is impossible but you need a lot to do in convincing the VO in your sop that you are a genuine student and that you are not just looking for a way to run away from Nigeria.
Ok thanks .i am hoping family home ties will help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
cyborg27:
Hello JoseJon,

No panic. Its possible they have a lot of files to process and have not got a hold of your package yet. Can you send them this POD to help locate your transcript and update your records?

Thanks dear. Please who is them" you are referring to u mean d school ? Since 8th o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
Osiokoye:

Osi I applied by August 15precisely and got a reply by Oct 25 or so. After much pestering lol. Don't bother, that's d normal process what is to follow is "decision made" they will review it give it time like by January it will be reviewed. Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
JoseJonn:

Thanks dear. Please who is them" you are referring to u mean d school ? Since 8th o.

Well I have sent it to the school via email. Thanks. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
JoseJonn:

Well I have sent it to the school via email. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osiokoye: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
Alright!! Thank you !
cyborg27:
Osiokoye,

Why bother? Your application will go thru the faculty to the department and back to the faculty. Then their decision will be made known to you. Did you say fall 2018? You still should not bother. The status will change as the file goes from one stage to the other. Just pray for a successful outcome...

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osiokoye: 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
Alright, thank you!!
JoseJonn:

Osi I applied by August 15precisely and got a reply by Oct 25 or so. After much pestering lol. Don't bother, that's d normal process what is to follow is "decision made" they will review it give it time like by January it will be reviewed. Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pls house I need your help if someone last education is 2012 O'level what degree can the person go for and how he/she convince VO that he/she have been doing since that 2012 to 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by funshow247(m): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
jibb3rilz:
Hello guys,

I am sure I have appeared at the American embassy before but I can't remember the specific year because it's over 10 years (2002 - 2004). I can't remember if I did UK visa too at the time of submitting documents to ups and visa collection at ups. That should be between 2004 - 2005. now my question is this, I want to apply for student visa in Canada, what should my response to have you ever been denied a visa before be when filling the form.
thanks for your help guys

Just jejely say "YES" since you weren't approved at that time. It won't reduce your chances in any form cos they have their facts on record.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 21, 2017
Hello everyone.
Just got to Canada about 24hrs ago. Cold for here no be play. If you are coming here for the the Winter term, PLS BUY ENOF WINTER CLOTHING ESP ONES WITH HOODS, GLOVES, HEADWARMER & BOOTS.
Canada is beautiful and desirable. I flew Ethiopian and landed in Toronto. No problems with customs, immigration and Border Service. Very friendly and respectful folks. Pls bring enough money along as our Naira has little or no value. FX rates at the airport is not that profitable compared to the Banks. Make sure you obtain your Study Permit and SIN before leaving the airport.

The people here smile a lot and are eager to help even if it appears they don't understand your "thick" accent. AGAIN I REPEAT, PLS BRING ENOUGH MONEY. Housing is pretty expensive here esp if you are not earning yet. Also, buy the things you gonna need (daily needs) from Nigeria to save some cost till you start earning. If you can, buy the adaptor for the 2.slim pin plug type ...that's what they use around here.
Above all, pray for God's favour. You are gonna need lots of it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 2:26am On Dec 21, 2017
JoseJonn:
116Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
Saskatoon SK,S7N 5C9

I will go there for you tomorrow before we close. What do you want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 2:28am On Dec 21, 2017
phemmzy96:
bros you too rush. Calm down. You have not spent a month nah. You are still within the processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 2:52am On Dec 21, 2017
wealth360:
I will go there for you tomorrow before we close. What do you want.

Oh thanks wealth I'd really appreciate. Please I sent my transcript from my school,that's official copy on the 6th of dec to Usask it got to Canada on d 8th. It was to be sent to: College of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies Admissions
116 Thorvalson Building
110 Science Place
Saskatoon SK 57N 5C9

When I tracked it it was delivered at the service area at northern Saskatoon and received by one C. Wruch. I asked my department (Philosophy) If they have received it they said it's not in my file as at 15th. Ill appreciate if youhelp me go there.To know if they have gotten it, I mean my department. Or what do you think? I tried sending you a mail. But I got restrained. I'll appreciate it if you could send me a mail. Then I will reply. I will need to give you my full name and students number for reference purpose.
Below is the proof of delivery and tracking history. I will be expecting your mail.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.