Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826608 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Dominic147:
Good morning house, i just downloaded my gcms consent form and i have some questions to ask
1. Am i to feel the section C(no 3) on the consent form where it states "YOU MUST WRITE YOUR DESIGNATED INDIVIDUAL'S CONTACT NUMBER".
2. Is the CAAG reference number on my visa application or the visa tracking number sent to me by vfs is the UCI? And if not please how will i go about the UCI number? @BRANDYAK and other gurus in the house help me out..

Sorry for the late response, I was busy. On that section C you have to fill information of your designated contact(the person who will help you in canada) his name signature email.
As for your UCI number you send to him so fill on the main form. Make sure you sign with a black ink and write the date you signed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bright9412: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2017
tayonani:
Hello my brothers n sisters, pls can I use sponsor acct that is run for 3 months, y mine will be 6 months

The specification is 4 months. You can use SOA of 4 months or more, unless you want to use 3 months at your own risk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Elles2000(f): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2017
Dear NL family, thank you all for the wonderful work you are all doing here. I've been a silent reader from part 11 and I've really learnt a lot from this thread. My application was approved yesterday on first attempt. My timeline is:

Application submitted (paper route) - Nov 2nd
Medical request - Nov 30th
Medical passed - Dec 6th
Approved - Dec 18th

Program is MBA, University of New Brunswick - Sept 2018

I give thanks to God and encourage all hopefuls to keep the faith alive. God will surely crown all our efforts with success.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 10:54am On Dec 19, 2017
Elles2000:
Dear NL family, thank you all for the wonderful work you are all doing here. I've been a silent reader from part 11 and I've really learnt a lot from this thread. My application was approved yesterday on first attempt. My timeline is:

Medical passed - Dec 6th
Approved - Dec 18th

I'm a banker with 17 years experience in the industry, self funded.

I give thanks to God and encourage all hopefuls to keep the faith alive. God will surely crown all our efforts with success.

I appreciate CPA01 for his kindness and good direction. Looking forward to meeting him in UNB. Lots of thanks to MichV (TRV doctor) for his unending support and encouragement. You guys are all wonderful, I learnt a lot from you all.

I don't know how to post here, pls pardon any errors

Very fast!!!
Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2017
Elles2000:

Medical passed - Dec 6th
Approved - Dec 18th

I appreciate CPA01 for his kindness and good direction. Looking forward to meeting him in UNB. Lots of thanks to MichV (TRV doctor) for his unending support and encouragement. You guys are all wonderful, I learnt a lot from you all.

Congrats
Very fast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by katsuni(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2017
Hi all. It’s crazy what we take for granted here. I’m just coming from vfs and I think I need to narrate what I just witnessed. I met a man who was confused as to how he was going to get the passport request document. The agent he used in applying just sent him the header of the page and excluded the remaining part. The agent is requesting for additional 200k naira in addition to the 800k he paid earlier, before he sends the complete document. This agent is in Benin and he does not even know the agents office. I really didn’t know what advice to give him other than informing him about this page if that would help. He is applying for study visa too. We should be grateful for such great platform where we could get information for free! Thanks to all the gurus for your unending support

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by katsuni(m): 11:11am On Dec 19, 2017
In other news, my application of 8 months was approved ! Joyous !!

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bright9412: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2017
Elles2000:

Medical passed - Dec 6th
Approved - Dec 18th

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bright9412: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2017
katsuni:
In other news, my application of 8 months was approved ! Joyous !!

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Hey guys! I was delayed a few weeks back and will like to order my gcms notes. Where can i do that? I applied October 24th and was denied Nov 28th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Praise40: 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

I applied for my trv August 12. Nov 10 last month, my review of eligibility changed to "we are reviewing wether you meet eligibility requirements ". Since then I've not gotten any update and I'm getting tired already.I emailed them last week and my account was updated but when I checked it, my status still remain the same. I've ordered for my gcms file(yet to arrive). Please guys, I need your suggestion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Asihanmi:
Thank you BRANDYAK for the prompt response and feedback.

My first worry is that the last application I did my elder sister was my Co sponsor. (My spouse 's personal account doesn't have huge funds in it however we both run a joint account that has funds up to N4.4M. I plan to make part tuition payment of $CAD 10,000 (Can't afford afford to pay more than that for now because the St Mary's international students office recommended that pay into $CAD 20,000 or all of first year tuition fee!!!) whenever I'm reapplying based on my initial refusal.

My second challenge is if my elder sister and spouse can be my Co sponsor alongside my self or better still my elder sister transfers more funds into my account. (hope this won't be a red flag by the VO since I plan to reapply by last week of January 2018 so that my spouse and I will be responsible only for the funding.
Meanwhile I have registered CAC documents(it is enterprises) though haven't opened a bank account with it yet.
Lastly my concern as regards "no correlation between my course of study for first degree , job role and intended program is worrisome" My first degree is computer science and I have been a sales person in the banking sector for 5 years (part of what I do is to drive electronic channels which is IT related.) I choose MTEI master of Technology and Entrepreneurial innovation be sure it has both technology and finance. This is felt will bring the gap between my job role, future plans andy first degree course. I bet insight on how to convince the VO in this regards when reapplying.

Phew sorry for the long epistle just need assistance for application that will be ready for submission in about a month's time. I anticipate your contributions.

Please try to quote well, after you click on quote just write.

You can use the joined account and to ease everything, your sister should transfer her own portion to your personal account and write an explanation letter. Please am not use to niara so when quoting me you can put everything in cads.
What is important is that, the both accounts should have enough funds to cover one year tuition and living expenses, putting in to consideration dependent, and possibility of sponsoring future years. Payment of tuition does not guarantee trv except it's a requirement of the institution
Your sister should remain your sponsor after transferring the said amount, because you still need to show evidence or possibility to sponsor future years. With a well crafted explanation and evidence, it will not be a red flag.
Make sure you come out with concrete correlation between pass education, work, proposed program and future goals (something very convincing, with evidence that will challenge purpose of visit for your PGD).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Elles2000:
Dear NL family, thank you all for the wonderful work you are all doing here. I've been a silent reader from part 11 and I've really learnt a lot from this thread. My application was approved yesterday

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Laj13:
Hi everyone, please i need urgent help, i graduated with b.a agriculture in my university here in nigeria and i applied for post bacc. Diploma in international business and i was offered admission after making payment of my first semester tuition which was 7,700 CAD and i submitted my application on the 3rd of november at VAC and which i filled TRV for my daughter who is just 8month and on the 12th of december i go a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched from the canadian embassy.. i just picked up my passport today and when i picked my passport here was why i was been refused:

I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on ur travel history
I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in canada and in your home country of residence
I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay,as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR based on purpose of visit.

Can anyone help me out because i should resume january 1st 2018 for winter session but i will differ my admission but pls when can i reapply. Thanks

Sorry for the delay, a diploma is way below your first degree, so purpose of visit was eminent. First thing first, look for a maters program in agriculture or related fields, read through at least one part of the thread, then if you have any more questions we will be here to help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Elles2000:

Medical passed - Dec 6th
Approved - Dec 18th

Congratulations!!!
Just shows age doesn't matter...
Please list your documents, thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are having a great day.
� please I need your � help
I applied on the 28th of November. Up till now I have not received any mail ✉ from CIC.
Could something have gone wrong or its still normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello Room!

I was going through the thread and I noticed that most applicants were refused of their study visas based on the following grounds shorlisted on this post and this has given most of them sleepness night, some have decided to quit the Canadian dream and end up having the mindset that Canadian study visa is tough and can not be easily approved unless you use an AGENT, some even go as far as paying millions to AGENTS just to get their study visa. I must tell you that it is a lie, most agents even go as far as complicating issues for applicant, which most times lead to misrepresentation and a 5 years Ban. After reading this post, you have to get up to your feet , beat your chest and do things in the right way and get your study permit app approved Asap.

RECENT REFUSAL GROUNDS:

1-) Purpose of visit
2-) Current employment situation
3-) Personal asset and financial status.
4-) family ties in Canada or home country.

In this post I'll address the above reasons and give POSSSIBLE WAYS to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT -

It is important that your visit coincides with an important event in your life or the purpose of the visit can be reasonably explained in your SOP. If it is for study you must have qualifications in that field or have the expertise in that area. Most times, your job role or company should be relevant to previous studies and to your chosen field of study in Canada.
If you decide to change career path, it should be clearly stated on your SOP with compelling/strong/ and convincing reasons to why you decide to change a career path.

Your letter of intent should reflect the following and should be addressed in each paragraphs to avoid repetition.
1-) Describe your academic background briefly.
2-) Why you choose Canada not Nigeria.
3-) The school.
4-) The program of choice.
5-)How you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
6-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

Everything should point to 'studying in Canada' not working or visiting friends and family in Canada or securing a PR after completion of studies.

Address all academic backlogs, study gaps, study plans etc... on your SOP.

2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENTSITUATION

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

3-) PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL STATUS

Like most embassies, the Canadian High Commission will also be interested in your finances. Show a 6-month bank statement or more for any Canada visa application; both current and savings accounts, showing your salaries or income from employment. If you have treasury bills, building society savings, mortgages, microfinance or credit union savings and the pass book or certificates, share investments in companies etc, add all to prove you have enough financial resources before and after your trip. There is no cut off bank statement figure. So try as much as possible to show your monthly inflow and outflow of salaries in your salary bank statement with a good closing balance as a proof of financial establishment.

4-)

FAMILY TIES IN CANADA OR HOME COUNTRY

Prospective travellers who were refused with this point wondered why they should have a family in Canada before being given the visa. Note that the full statement is “family in Canada OR family in your home country”. So its either you failed to prove each criterion or both criteria, that is, whether you have family ties in Canada or whether you have family ties to your home country. This is what you do :

Show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home?

1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own businesses/property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?

All these mentioned are HOME TIES, so if you have any of the following listed, endeavor to show evidence to each of them and make sure you add it to your application.

The above information is Legit and was obtained from a Canadian Legal personnel.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

All the best to the hopefuls and to the approved, CONGRATULATIONS!!!.

75 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jephehe: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nice Tips.

Thanks

Frankrobbn1:
Hello Room!

I am going through the thread and I have seen most applicants being refused of their study visas based on the following grounds shorlisted on this post and this has given most of them sleepness night, some have decided to quit the Canadian dream and end up having the mindset that Canadian study visa is though and can not be easily approved unless you use an AGENT, some even go as far as paying millions to AGENTS just to get their study visa. I must tell you that it is a lie, most agents even go as far as complicating issues for applicant, which most times lead to misrepresentation and a 5 years Ban. After reading this post, you have to get up to your feet , beat your chest and do things in the right way and get your study permit app approved Asap.

RECENT REFUSAL GROUNDS:

1-) Purpose of visit

On this post I'll address the above reasons and give POSSSIBLE WAYS to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT -

It is important that your visit coincides with an important event in your life or the purpose of the visit can be reasonably explained in your SOP. If it is for study you must have qualifications in that field or have the expertise in that area. Most times, your job role or company should be relevant to previous studies and to your chosen field of study in Canada.
If you decide to change career path, it should be clearly stated on your SOP with compelling/strong/ and convincing reasons to why you decide to change a career path.

Your letter of intent should reflect the following and should be addressed in each paragraphs to avoid repetition.
3-) The school.
6-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

Everything should point to 'studying in Canada' not working or visiting friends and family in Canada or securing a PR after completion of studies.

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

Like most embassies, the Canadian High Commission will also be interested in your finances. Show a 6-month bank statement or more for any Canada visa application; both current and savings accounts, showing your salaries or income from employment. If you have treasury bills, building society savings, mortgages, microfinance or credit union savings and the pass book or certificates, share investments in companies etc, add all to prove you have enough financial resources before and after your trip. There is no cut off bank statement figure. So try as much as possible to show your monthly inflow and outflow of salaries in your salary bank statement with a good closing balance as a proof of financial establishment.

4-)

Prospective travellers who were refused with this point wondered why they should have a family in Canada before being given the visa. Note that the full statement is “family in Canada OR family in your home country”. So its either you failed to prove each criterion or both criteria, that is, whether you have family ties in Canada or whether you have family ties to your home country. This is what you do :

Show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home?

All these mentioned are HOME TIES, so if you have any of the following listed, endeavor to show evidence to each of them and make sure you add it to your application.

The above information is Legit and was obtained from a Canadian Legal personnel.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
Hello Room!

I am going through the thread and I have seen most applicants being refused of their study visas based on the following grounds shorlisted on this post and this has given most of them sleepness night, some have decided to quit the Canadian dream and end up having the mindset that Canadian study visa is though and can not be easily approved unless you use an AGENT, some even go as far as paying millions to AGENTS just to get their study visa. I must tell you that it is a lie, most agents even go as far as complicating issues for applicant, which most times lead to misrepresentation and a 5 years Ban. After reading this post, you have to get up to your feet , beat your chest and do things in the right way and get your study permit app approved Asap.

RECENT REFUSAL GROUNDS:

1-) Purpose of visit

On this post I'll address the above reasons and give POSSSIBLE WAYS to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT -

3-) The school.

4-)

Thank you for your write up , what happen is someone is a fresh graduate no employment yet ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vtoluwalope: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
wealth360:
Hello great people of Nigeria. Greetings from Saskatoon. USASk precisely. I have a very vital information to pass across. I don't know if anyone here still remember the guy that got his TRV from Rwanda @Ejalonibu. He is presently doing his PhD here and his supervisor in Biomedical Engineering just receive funding for a research so please if you are very versatile with ODE and PDE in mathematics please kindly pm me so I can give you the prof name and details becos his in need of a student that is good in ODE and PDE asap. Full funding. Usask. Biomedical engineering.

To my wonderful people my last paper is dis week. So if you need someone to review your SOP. Kindly pm me or send me a mail. Am so loyal . love this great family. Hailings to all old and new guys and ladies here.

Hello boss, I want you to help review my SOP, my email is vtoluwalope@yahoo.com

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Josh121:

Thank you for your write up , what happen is someone is a fresh graduate no employment yet ?

You don't need to worry about employment Sir!, if you are a fresh graduate. Make sure you clearly state that on your app that you just graduated and you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nwisipeter: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
Please pple i need a reply soonest plssssssssss
Am applying online, pls wen do i do d biometrics is it before, during or after submission abi is it d embassy dah'l tel me wen to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
nwisipeter:
Please pple i need a reply soonest plssssssssss
Am applying online, pls wen do i do d biometrics is it before, during or after submission abi is it d embassy dah'l tel me wen to?

You will receive Biometric request letter within 48 hours after submission. You can go ahead and do your biometric with the letter when you are ready
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
Please, those who submitted their passport at VFS Abuja, how long did it take to get the passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Nice one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Themechanic: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello house.

I submitted upfront medicals but I just recieved a medical request.

How can I pass the information to the visa officer? ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jerryd112(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Osemigho:

School is yet on break. So, I won't be available till next week. However, if you still want it, pm.
I have done that already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you for this

Frankrobbn1:
Hello Room!

I was going through the thread and I noticed that most applicants were refused of their study visas based on the following grounds shorlisted on this post and this has given most of them sleepness night, some have decided to quit the Canadian dream and end up having the mindset that Canadian study visa is tough and can not be easily approved unless you use an AGENT, some even go as far as paying millions to AGENTS just to get their study visa. I must tell you that it is a lie, most agents even go as far as complicating issues for applicant, which most times lead to misrepresentation and a 5 years Ban. After reading this post, you have to get up to your feet , beat your chest and do things in the right way and get your study permit app approved Asap.

RECENT REFUSAL GROUNDS:

1-) Purpose of visit

In this post I'll address the above reasons and give POSSSIBLE WAYS to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT -

3-) The school.

4-)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aghatise: 12:44am On Dec 20, 2017
I am interested in this position. My email is donprofaghatise@yahoo.com

wealth360:
Hello great people of Nigeria. Greetings from Saskatoon. USASk precisely. I have a very vital information to pass across. I don't know if anyone here still remember the guy that got his TRV from Rwanda @Ejalonibu. He is presently doing his PhD here and his supervisor in Biomedical Engineering just receive funding for a research so please if you are very versatile with ODE and PDE in mathematics please kindly pm me so I can give you the prof name and details becos his in need of a student that is good in ODE and PDE asap. Full funding. Usask. Biomedical engineering.

To my wonderful people my last paper is dis week. So if you need someone to review your SOP. Kindly pm me or send me a mail. Am so loyal . love this great family. Hailings to all old and new guys and ladies here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 3:58am On Dec 20, 2017
vtoluwalope:

Hello boss, I want you to help review my SOP, my email is vtoluwalope@yahoo.com

Thanks
I replied u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jibb3rilz: 5:25am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello guys,

I am sure I have appeared at the American embassy before but I can't remember the specific year because it's over 10 years (2002 - 2004). I can't remember if I did UK visa too at the time of submitting documents to ups and visa collection at ups. That should be between 2004 - 2005. now my question is this, I want to apply for student visa in Canada, what should my response to have you ever been denied a visa before be when filling the form.
thanks for your help guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.