Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827854 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:29am On Dec 29, 2017
blessedmumi:
Good afternoon NLers, please I need urgent advise on this particular issue. I have interest in studying in Canada but my setback is the sponsorship aspect of the application.

This Christmas, I was privileged to meet with a distant relative though we are different tribes. After much discussion, he agreed to be my sponsor alongside my husband. He is a director in a FG agency, has a huge business conglomerate and his family is based in USA. Will he be a good choice since we are different tribes? And how can I convince the VO about the authenticity of my claim?

Ps it's urgent I need to give him a feedback ASAP.

They wouldn't know you are different tribes. Even if they knew you were different tribes, their judgements on the suitability of a sponsor wouldn't be based on tribes but level of commitment. So is there any history that this person has supported you before? What made him suddenly come out of the woodworks and want to become your sponsor? These are all things the VO would be thinking about and be prepared in the sponsor reference letter to address them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2017
mamacajah:

There is no problem with using a non relative as a sponsor.Please try and read through the thread on how to do this properly. Use the search button and read up all discussions on sponsorship.

Thank you for your response, God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 5:48am On Dec 29, 2017
jnyuwa02:

They wouldn't know you are different tribes. Even if they knew you were different tribes, their judgements on the suitability of a sponsor wouldn't be based on tribes but level of commitment. So is there any history that this person has supported you before? What made him suddenly come out of the woodworks and want to become your sponsor? These are all things the VO would be thinking about and be prepared in the sponsor reference letter to address them.

He has been quite supportive right from my UNI days, even beyond that. Information is key because I think my sponsor must be a family member/ close relation. Thanks for clarification.

Pls reply my PM, have other personal questions I would love to ask.
#cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:12am On Dec 29, 2017
blessedmumi:

He has been quite supportive right from my UNI days, even beyond that. Information is key because I think my sponsor must be a family member/ close relation. Thanks for clarification.

Pls reply my PM, have other personal questions I would love to ask.
#cheers.

Please by all means ask your questions here if possible so others can benefit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by caseynewnn: 6:33am On Dec 29, 2017
philoxy4:

The Children practice will be a good option for you.I went there earlier today and i was out in abt 2hrs.Give them a call ahead but u must be dr btween 8-10am u will pay #28,050
All the best
hey,pls I wanted to know if ur medical result has been sent to cic already.I need to know their timeline.thankbu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 7:15am On Dec 29, 2017
Air Maroc isn't that bad after all. The only complaint is the long hours one has to stay at the Casablanca airport before departure. But we tried to make use of the kids playground at the airport. My children had something to distract them for hours.

We left our home at 11pm on the 25th December because we didn't want to take the risk of going to the airport at 2am. At 2:30 am, check in commenced and we had 10 luggage checked in..

We moved over to the lounge to wait for boarding. Caught some sleep and at 5am/5.30am, boarding started. I have 3 super active 2 year old. It was their 1st time flying as toddlers. They cried and wailed for about 3 hours to Casablanca. They couldn't be pacified. We did everything except spanking. Maybe , we should have. It was not a good experience. As babies, on our way from the US via Delta Airline, they were the most behaved babies. In fact, the flying crew gave them presents. They didn't cry at all. They simply ate and slept. But with Air Maroc, they gave my husband and I , the disgrace of our life. The crew even had the audacity to tell us to start training them well. Kai! I have suffered!

Before we left for Canada, I took them one by one to the Toilets and gave them stern warning. If they disgrace us one more time, they will certainly have it hot with me. I was done with the cries and wails. As if they listened, our 7 and half hours flight to Montreal was lit. They were well behaved. They watched some animated movies and probably, if we had that in the Lagos to Casablanca flight, they would have been calm. They ate, drank , watched movies, coloured their animated booklet and the flight was a smooth one. Phewww!

At the point of entry, we used the electronic machine to sign in and then moved to the Officer for us to be stamped in. Then , as soon as I brought out my children's Blue passports, one overzealous officer began to question how I got them! Can you imagine? Was I living in the US? How come I gave birth there with a visiting Visa? In all, I was calm because I didn't sneak into the US to use their Health Facilities. I told her I was carrying triplets and wanted the best medical care I could get. I had a visiting visa then. She interrupted me: "So, you decided to use it to give birth as of I was just visiting the US!" I said No! Before I became pregnant, I have traveled so many times to the US. When pregnancy came, I wrote the Embassy informing them of my intention to use the visa for delivery and they replied that I could go ahead and make sure I paid my bills which I did. Would that be an offense? She then kept quiet! She stamped us in and then directed us to where I would get my study permit.

While I was on the queue at Immigration point 2, an officer asked to see our passports. I gave her. She asked if the children are leaving Canada within 6 months, I said No. They are staying with me all through my studies. She sent us back to Immigration point 1 to collect another form. They should have given us the form over there. I went back but this time around, a male officer attended to us. He was the opposite of the female officer who initially attended to us. He was kind and took his time to prepare the documents for the kids. They were given study permits too that would last as long as mine. I was so much in a hurry to get our luggage that I forgot to get my Social security number or something like that. Will be getting it today or tomorrow.

At the baggage claim, we saw 9 out of our 10 luggage. We went to loge a complain but Air Maroc stand was empty. We were asked to call their number. We then moved to catch our Airport shuttle to Sherbrooke. It was about 2 and half hours journey from Montréal. It's a beautiful and calm town. Our shuttle took us to the Hotel where we are still at waiting to rent an apartment. Would be seeing one today and most likely going to rent it. A 2 bedroom fully furnished with everything from Internet to TV to everything. We just take our luggage and ourselves in. Then , we can move in comfortably. 

I also opened an account yesterday with RBC which was recommended by one of the receptionists at the hotel. They don't charge on student's account. So, I'm cool with that. I also went to the Mall to buy a Sim card. Settled with Fido because they were the only company willing to give me a Sim without my social security number . They used my Study permit Code , International Passport and Student Visa. 

For the missing luggage, ( it was the suitcase that contains our local food, my Garri, semo, ogbono, crayfish, powder pap, etc . All the flours and blended food stuffs were kept their to avoid rupture. It is an echolac suitcase) I called the number I got from the airport, was advised to go to their Facebook page to send my complaint. Which I did and an administrator took it up. I got a message from him last night asking me.to go to the airport and pick up my luggage. It was found and kept for me. 

For the missing luggage, I have had a missing luggage issue with Delta, Air France and KLM and I didn't go about thrashing them on social media. Those suitcases were eventually found and I picked them up at Lagos Airport. There's nothing wrong with Air Maroc, people just like to follow crowd and lose objectivity! Their food from Casablanca to Montreal was good too. My children enjoyed it (Fish and vegetable). The crew was nice too but can't say so with the Lagos to Casablanca crew. They were not so nice maybe they were irritated by my children's behavior but they are 2 year olds for crying out loud. One even said something nasty in French, not knowing I speak French..I told her never to repeat that in her life! She was shocked. Aside that, anyone who wishes to fly them, can go ahead. If I don't use them again, it would be because of the long wait not because of their services.

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2017
Ggetter50:

Alright, thanks. Then I need to support it with my own statement of account, and landed property. Plus my sponsor landed property too. What do you think?

@all, please can one submits up to three statement of accounts? My personal statement of account and other two sponsor's account...?

I would appreciate any response from you guys.

Wealth360, Maziude, Austinpee4, WIERDPC
Please house, I need answer to my questions. May God bless you all.

@Nogen, nice review. I wish you all the best in your studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Ggetter50:

Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2017
wealth360:
of cos to everyone no pattern of approval@Jeremy talking to you. @McOsheBaba greetings have entered maple land?

Not yet. I'd be going on by 1st Jan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oriazowan: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2017
philoxy4:

The Children practice will be a good option for you.I went there earlier today and i was out in abt 2hrs.Give them a call ahead but u must be dr btween 8-10am u will pay #28,050
All the best

Hi, has your test result been posted yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:05am On Dec 29, 2017
Ggetter50:

Yes you can submit as many bank statements as you wish to demonstrate your ability to support yourself. It's not the number that counts, but the quality of the support. Why these people are sponsoring you if they are not immediate family members. Yes submit any landed document of yourself. And those of your sponsor if relevant to you. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bkaylore(f): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2017
I just got rejected after 11weeks of submission. This got me tearing up. But then I need you guyz advice on how to tackle this bak. They tick finiancial part in which the statement of account I used I have 184millon in it. Purpose of visit was ticked too and travel history plus family ties. I don’t know wat to do pls. Anything will b helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ediku126: 10:57am On Dec 29, 2017
You aren’t eligible to apply for a PGWP (post graduate work permit) if you:[color=#990000][/color]

studied in a program that was less than eight months long
studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)
took part in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
took part in a Government of Canada Awards Program funded by GAC
had funding from GAC
took part in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada-Chile
took part in the Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program
took part in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
[b][/b]
completed a study program by distance learning either from abroad or from within Canada or
already had a post-graduation work permit following any other program of study.

Does this mean, if I was fully funded by a post graduate scholarship, am not eligible for a post graduate work permit. REALLY NEED ADVICE ON THIS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2017
@Nogen, i almost forgot i was on NL thread. Your write up got me engrossed in it as though i was reading a blog. Lol.

Nice! Glad everything went well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Bkaylore:
I just got rejected after 11weeks of submission. This got me tearing up. But then I need you guyz advice on how to tackle this bak. They tick finiancial part in which the statement of account I used I have 184millon in it. Purpose of visit was ticked too and travel history plus family ties. I don’t know wat to do pls. Anything will b helpful

Sorry about the outcome of your application. You'll need to relax alittle bit. Go through the emotion and cool off then we all can help you tackle your next application.

It's only human to feel disappointed but things will be fine soon. Also, you may need to get your immigration file(GCMS note). It is a more detailed report on the officer's conclusion on why your application was refused. Kindly refer to page 0 of this part to see how to order for it.

Not to worry, once you are able to get the file, it will become easier to help with the issue. Endeavour to request for it ASAP and we'll be here to help you.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chkb: 11:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Hello house, pls is there anyone going to centennial college for fall session(2018).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 11:15am On Dec 29, 2017
Bkaylore:
Share ur profile let's see how we can help u..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bkaylore(f): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2017
TDultimate:

Share ur profile let's see how we can help u..
i just sent it Tnks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bkaylore(f): 11:30am On Dec 29, 2017
Austinpee4:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. You'll need to relax alittle bit. Go through the emotion and cool off then we all can help you tackle your next application.

It's only human to feel disappointed but things will be fine soon. Also, you may need to get your immigration file(GCMS note). It is a more detailed report on the officer's conclusion on why your application was refused. Kindly refer to page 0 of this part to see how to order for it.

Not to worry, once you are able to get the file, it will become easier to help with the issue. Endeavour to request for it ASAP and we'll be here to help you.

Bkaylore post=63709399:
I don’t have a month to wait for gems note. Cos am planing to reapply again after the hols like Jan 10. Pls anything u cn do apart from the note. Pls will b helpful.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 11:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Austinpee4:
@Nogen, i almost forgot i was on NL thread. Your write up got me engrossed in it as though i was reading a blog. Lol.

Nice! Glad everything went well.

Thanks Boss.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2017
I felt like I was in the Story, nice write up. Congrats once again ma'am
Nogen:
Air Maroc isn't that bad after all. The only complaint is the long hours one has to stay at the Casablanca airport before departure. But we tried to make use of the kids playground at the airport. My children had something to distract them for hours.

We left our home at 11pm on the 25th December because we didn't want to take the risk of going to the airport at 2am. At 2:30 am, check in commenced and we had 10 luggage checked in..

We moved over to the lounge to wait for boarding. Caught some sleep and at 5am/5.30am, boarding started. I have 3 super active 2 year old. It was their 1st time flying as toddlers. They cried and wailed for about 3 hours to Casablanca. They couldn't be pacified. We did everything except spanking. Maybe , we should have. It was not a good experience. As babies, on our way from the US via Delta Airline, they were the most behaved babies. In fact, the flying crew gave them presents. They didn't cry at all. They simply ate and slept. But with Air Maroc, they gave my husband and I , the disgrace of our life. The crew even had the audacity to tell us to start training them well. Kai! I have suffered!

Before we left for Canada, I took them one by one to the Toilets and gave them stern warning. If they disgrace us one more time, they will certainly have it hot with me. I was done with the cries and wails. As if they listened, our 7 and half hours flight to Montreal was lit. They were well behaved. They watched some animated movies and probably, if we had that in the Lagos to Casablanca flight, they would have been calm. They ate, drank , watched movies, coloured their animated booklet and the flight was a smooth one. Phewww!

At the point of entry, we used the electronic machine to sign in and then moved to the Officer for us to be stamped in. Then , as soon as I brought out my children's Blue passports, one overzealous officer began to question how I got them! Can you imagine? Was I living in the US? How come I gave birth there with a visiting Visa? In all, I was calm because I didn't sneak into the US to use their Health Facilities. I told her I was carrying triplets and wanted the best medical care I could get. I had a visiting visa then. She interrupted me: "So, you decided to use it to give birth as of I was just visiting the US!" I said No! Before I became pregnant, I have traveled so many times to the US. When pregnancy came, I wrote the Embassy informing them of my intention to use the visa for delivery and they replied that I could go ahead and make sure I paid my bills which I did. Would that be an offense? She then kept quiet! She stamped us in and then directed us to where I would get my study permit.

While I was on the queue at Immigration point 2, an officer asked to see our passports. I gave her. She asked if the children are leaving Canada within 6 months, I said No. They are staying with me all through my studies. She sent us back to Immigration point 1 to collect another form. They should have given us the form over there. I went back but this time around, a male officer attended to us. He was the opposite of the female officer who initially attended to us. He was kind and took his time to prepare the documents for the kids. They were given study permits too that would last as long as mine. I was so much in a hurry to get our luggage that I forgot to get my Social security number or something like that. Will be getting it today or tomorrow.

At the baggage claim, we saw 9 out of our 10 luggage. We went to loge a complain but Air Maroc stand was empty. We were asked to call their number. We then moved to catch our Airport shuttle to Sherbrooke. It was about 2 and half hours journey from Montréal. It's a beautiful and calm town. Our shuttle took us to the Hotel where we are still at waiting to rent an apartment. Would be seeing one today and most likely going to rent it. A 2 bedroom fully furnished with everything from Internet to TV to everything. We just take our luggage and ourselves in. Then , we can move in comfortably. 

I also opened an account yesterday with RBC which was recommended by one of the receptionists at the hotel. They don't charge on student's account. So, I'm cool with that. I also went to the Mall to buy a Sim card. Settled with Fido because they were the only company willing to give me a Sim without my social security number . They used my Study permit Code , International Passport and Student Visa. 

For the missing luggage, ( it was the suitcase that contains our local food, my Garri, semo, ogbono, crayfish, powder pap, etc . All the flours and blended food stuffs were kept their to avoid rupture. It is an echolac suitcase) I called the number I got from the airport, was advised to go to their Facebook page to send my complaint. Which I did and an administrator took it up. I got a message from him last night asking me.to go to the airport and pick up my luggage. It was found and kept for me. 

For the missing luggage, I have had a missing luggage issue with Delta, Air France and KLM and I didn't go about thrashing them on social media. Those suitcases were eventually found and I picked them up at Lagos Airport. There's nothing wrong with Air Maroc, people just like to follow crowd and lose objectivity! Their food from Casablanca to Montreal was good too. My children enjoyed it (Fish and vegetable). The crew was nice too but can't say so with the Lagos to Casablanca crew. They were not so nice maybe they were irritated by my children's behavior but they are 2 year olds for crying out loud. One even said something nasty in French, not knowing I speak French..I told her never to repeat that in her life! She was shocked. Aside that, anyone who wishes to fly them, can go ahead. If I don't use them again, it would be because of the long wait not because of their services.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oriazowan: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Bkaylore:

I am so sorry about that dear. What date exactly are you resuming in January? If you haven't deferred before, you can defer and refire again. Please don't loose hope. I know it hurts but remember that quitters never win and winners never quit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bkaylore:
i just sent it Tnks

Your profile is your current job in nigeria, course you're going for, your sponsors job, how is he related, are you going for Masters or doctorate, are you married or single and any other thing that could help determine how to help. Also, state all the document submitted in your first application, with this , the visa doctors will be able to help. All hope is not lost.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Elles2000(f): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
@Nogen.

Nice write up. Hope u're settling in fine. Will send u a PM u don't mind. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bkaylore(f): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
oriazowan:

I am so sorry about that dear. What date exactly are you resuming in January? If you haven't deferred before, you can defer and refire again. Please don't loose hope. I know it hurts but remember that quitters never win and winners never quit.
it’s ontario province. And cos of the strike resumption of 8th is bin moved to 28th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bkaylore(f): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Your profile is your current job in nigeria, course you're going for, your sponsors job, how is he related, are you going for Masters or doctorate, are you married or single and any other thing that could help determine how to help. Also, state all the document submitted in your first application, with this , the visa doctors will be able to help. All hope is not lost.

Best wishes
work with a logistic company as a admin manager at the moment. Going for h human resource management and international business management in confederation college. My sponsor is my father. And he is a business man. PGD am single. Submitted. Police report. SOP STTMENT OF ACCT (40m in the acct 144 fixed) joined with a bank reference letter SPONSORSHIP LETTER WITH AFFI. Of SPONS, SPONSORS ID NATIONAL CARD LAND PROPERTIES (3)CERTIFICATION OF BUSINESS ACT , SCHOOL RECIEPT OF 10,000CD ACCEPTANCE LETTER

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bkaylore:
work with a logistic company as a admin manager at the moment. Going for h human resource management and international business management in confederation college. My sponsor is my father. And he is a business man. PGD am single. Submitted. Police report. SOP STTMENT OF ACCT (40m in the acct 144 fixed) joined with a bank reference letter SPONSORSHIP LETTER WITH AFFI. Of SPONS, SPONSORS ID NATIONAL CARD LAND PROPERTIES (3)CERTIFICATION OF BUSINESS ACT , SCHOOL RECIEPT OF 10,000CD ACCEPTANCE LETTER

Cc: maziude Jnyuwa02 Austinpee4 wealth360 Nogen Osemigbo Oriazowon McOsheBaba Justwise ope100 and every other persons that can contribute
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bkaylore(f): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Cc: maziude Jnyuwa02 Austinpee4 wealth360 Nogen Osemigbo Oriazowon McOsheBaba Justwise ope100 and every other persons that can contribute
Tnks man. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holabisi: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good day house,

I will be applying for study permit by Jan
my dad is my sponsor and a civillage servant and has given me the documents needed includING a treasury bill certificate of 15millon

please house Is this treasurey bill certificate accepted or should any other letter be collected at the bank?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chkb: 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2017
Pls house I would be applying for my study visa in Jan, my sister is sponsoring me, she is a Registered nurse in new york, can i use her SOA, though I would also attach my own SOA to my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ken124: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nogen:

Wooooaaaa, very detailed & well-written u must be a intelligent individual God bless you & your family

So happy for you....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.