Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827983 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 6:05am On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Best route is paper route and on an average, it is faster. It is the best because you would be submitting to a live person trained in helping you arrange in a format, where each document go and to look at your application and vet it against omissions and errors that can often lead to denials. Online you get no guidance. CIC for example, tolerates no gaps. Every gap of what you have been doing since time immemorial till present must be accounted for. Even the lacuna period where you were jobless or graduated from secondary and waiting for admission must be accounted for. You wouldn't know by filing online. Also, with paper route you get biometrics done there and then. Online you are subjected to the inconvenience of been called in later. One online filer here, one month later, had not even been called for biometrics. Why not kill two birds with one stone by just going in and doing everything once and for all. I can think of no advantage that online has over paper route.

I am sorry to say this but you are a mistaken. The paper application is being phased out by the Canadian Embassy. Speed of your application being attended to is not dependent of the medium you used. We have paper routes who have stayed for several months as well as online. When you apply properly online, it makes it easier for the application to be located especially when they want to check your previous applications or when they want to skim through your documents. Online is easier. You can even submit on a weekend. No wasting of funds to print unnecessarily. No stress of linking your application to your account. Updates are easier with online than paper.
My Verdict: The major aim is to get quick approval. No route has proven to be more effective in getting approvals. Sit at home. Comfortably arrange your documents and Submit peacefully. Online Rocks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:27am On Dec 28, 2017
Nil
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:38am On Dec 28, 2017
McOsheBaba:

I am sorry to say this but you are a mistaken. The paper application is being phased out by the Canadian Embassy. Speed of your application being attended to is not dependent of the medium you used. We have paper routes who have stayed for several months as well as online. When you apply properly online, it makes it easier for the application to be located especially when they want to check your previous applications or when they want to skim through your documents. Online is easier. You can even submit on a weekend. No wasting of funds to print unnecessarily. No stress of linking your application to your account. Updates are easier with online than paper.
My Verdict: The major aim is to get quick approval. No route has proven to be more effective in getting approvals. Sit at home. Comfortably arrange your documents and Submit peacefully. Online Rocks!

You call linking paper route online to be stress? You must not know what stress is all about, I am envious!! The faster rate of paperoute processing is simply based on my observations of testimonies here on NL. I am sure many here will agree. I always advice people to do paper route primarily to avert potential pitfalls. But if you want to do online and think you absolutely know what you are doing, I respect it. I did paperoute and I am glad I did. I learnt doing it that CIC does not allow for any gaps. I did not know that information and could have done it online at my own peril.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Saviouro: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Best route is paper route and on an average, it is faster. It is the best because you would be submitting to a live person trained in helping you arrange in a format, where each document go and to look at your application and vet it against omissions and errors that can often lead to denials. Online you get no guidance. CIC for example, tolerates no gaps. Every gap of what you have been doing since time immemorial till present must be accounted for. Even the lacuna period where you were jobless or graduated from secondary and waiting for admission must be accounted for. You wouldn't know by filing online. Also, with paper route you get biometrics done there and then. Online you are subjected to the inconvenience of been called in later. One online filer here, one month later, had not even been called for biometrics. Why not kill two birds with one stone by just going in and doing everything once and for all. I can think of no advantage that online has over paper route.
thank you man, please I have this question, I'm going for an undergrad course whilst already having a bsc, will it be wise to let them know I have a degree already? Or I should just submit only my o'level results? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You call linking paper route online to be stress? You must not know what stress is all about, I am envious!! The faster rate of paperoute processing is simply based on my observations of testimonies here on NL. I am sure many here will agree. I always advice people to do paper route primarily to avert potential pitfalls. But if you want to do online and think you absolutely know what you are doing, I respect it. I did paperoute and I am glad I did. I learnt doing it that CIC does not allow for any gaps. I did not know that information and could have done it online at my own peril.

Well, I know the online route worked for me very well. The reason why we are in this forum is to know all the important things to add to the application before applying. About gaps, Obviously, in any application, even for jobs, you know the gaps would be queried. It's not rocket science na.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2017
Saviouro:
thank you man, please I have this question, I'm going for an undergrad course whilst already having a bsc, will it be wise to let them know I have a degree already? Or I should just submit only my o'level results? Thanks.

This is a serious problem. Why are you going for an undergraduate course when you have a bachelors degree? The determination of whether you are a genuine student will be determined from your answer to this question. Did you reveal to the school that you have a bachelors and they gave you admission as an undergraduate? If you disclosed to the school, then you should disclose to CIC. If you didn't, I am not here to help you break protocol and the law, that is your own decision to determine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If you have masters already and going for a second masters, essentially a repetition, chances are that you can easily get admission, especially if it is a UK MSC you are applying with. The visa officers usually have problems with people going for a second masters. So be prepared to justify a tangible reason for why a masters and not a PHD.

I agree somewhat with this but not totally. So @jnyuwa02 and others, can we brainstorm here on how to justify a second masters rather than a PhD? Can someone argue that they need to improve their career prospects and are not going into academic pursuits or teaching? Or thet they want to consolidate on their knowledge. Would any of this suffice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2017
McOsheBaba:

May 31st but got refused on October.
Reapplied in November and got approved in December.
God all the way

Bros congrats. Please what did you do differently o....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayjeee(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2017
good morning house, anyone successfully applied for Nigeria international passport online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Spatialcol: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2017
Praise God. Trv approved!!!
Online route
Applied: Aug 29.
Biometrics: Aug 30.
Medical request: Dec 6.
Medical done: Dec 12.
Approved: Dec 27.

All thanks to God he has always been faithfully.
Please don't give up I was scared when I applied because of numerous delay testimony about PGC but there was no option because of my 2.2 cgpa but God showed up. It can only be God.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2017
Spatialcol:
Online route

Please don't give up I was scared when I applied because of numerous delay testimony about PGC but there was no option because of my 2.2 cgpa but God showed up. It can only be God.

Congratulations brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2017
Spatialcol:
Online route

Mighty Congrats man!! Sounds like those applicants that were part of the fall backlog are starting to make a showing with CIC. I can see mine brewing to the top too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2017
Mysine:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help. I submitted my application July 7th 2017 and I’m yet to get a reply. I sent a mail twice and I was told that due to large number of applications...
The thing is my application is now way over 19weeks. My passport is with them also
Please what Can I do

Order for your gcms note and cic will process your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 11:09am On Dec 28, 2017
Spatialcol:
Online route

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2017
dayjeee:
good morning house, anyone successfully applied for Nigeria international passport online?

Don't try it. They will frustrate your life. Simply go to immigration office in your state with N32,000 and you can have it done in a day if you have better connection
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Mighty Congrats man!! Sounds like those applicants that were part of the fall backlog are starting to make a showing with CIC. I can see mine brewing to the top too.

We have been on this forum long enough to realize that there is no particular pattern to approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2017
McOsheBaba:

We have been on this forum long enough to realize that there is no particular pattern to approval.

Na wa for you ooh!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 11:54am On Dec 28, 2017
Spatialcol:
Online route

Congratulations! It’s good to hear a positive testimony from someone who applied for a pgc program. Please share your full profile ie doc submitted, sponsor acc balance, program duration , tuition deposit etc with the house so we can learn. Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Spatialcol: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
Thanks baba
WEIRDPC:

Congratulations brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Spatialcol: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
Bros, thanks a bunch, you've been very helpful.
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Spatialcol: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
Thanks.
bronze25:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Spatialcol: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Thanks bros, more good news IJN. I'd share soon
OFFICIALAEL:

Congratulations! It’s good to hear a positive testimony from someone who applied for a pgc program. Please share your full profile ie doc submitted, sponsor acc balance, program duration , tuition deposit etc with the house so we can learn. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Good afternoon NLers, please I need urgent advise on this particular issue. I have interest in studying in Canada but my setback is the sponsorship aspect of the application.

This Christmas, I was privileged to meet with a distant relative though we are different tribes. After much discussion, he agreed to be my sponsor alongside my husband. He is a director in a FG agency, has a huge business conglomerate and his family is based in USA. Will he be a good choice since we are different tribes? And how can I convince the VO about the authenticity of my claim?

Ps it's urgent I need to give him a feedback ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Themechanic: 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
Spatialcol:
Online route

Congrats oh
Baba God pls Pick up my Call oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
blessedmumi:
Good afternoon NLers, please I need urgent advise on this particular issue. I have interest in studying in Canada but my setback is the sponsorship aspect of the application.

This Christmas, I was privileged to meet with a distant relative though we are different tribes. After much discussion, he agreed to be my sponsor alongside my husband. He is a director in a FG agency, has a huge business conglomerate and his family is based in USA. Will he be a good choice since we are different tribes? And how can I convince the VO about the authenticity of my claim?

Ps it's urgent I need to give him a feedback ASAP.

There is no problem with using a non relative as a sponsor.Please try and read through the thread on how to do this properly. Use the search button and read up all discussions on sponsorship.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello gurus in the house. I am preparing my application little by little. I am about to send my transcripts for wes evaluation. However, the reason I want to have it assessed by wes is so that I won't have to always go request for transcript transmission from my school in Nigeria for subsequent studies.

Therefore, I'd like to know; is wes evaluation accepted for admission (in place of original transcripts) in all US and Canadian schools? And then, will wes always send my transcripts (the evaluated one) to any school/organization whenever I request them to? Will it be at a cost or for free?

Cc: Maziude, Austinpee4, canadiannurse , et Al

Most schools in Canada would have applicants upload a soft copy of their transcripts online on the application portal and upon admission, official transcripts would be requested and sent directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelop bearing all appropraite stamps, seals and signatures. I don't see how sending it for evaluation now would prevent it from being requested for subsequently.

That being said, evaluation of educational credentials are majorly done for immigration or job purposes especially in Canada simply because these institutions requesting such evaluation do not have the capacity to evaluate it themselves and the authorized evaluation body most likely will request official documentation sent from the issuing schools at each time of evaluation.

Universities, colleges, schools etc have the capacity to evaluate each credential submitted because they are educational institutions and have commitees responsible for such evaluation. So i believe they will not have to request for an evaluated degree at any time of application for admission.

The idea of request of official document is to confirm the authenticity of the document(s). A conferred degree can be withdrawn from the recipient at anytime if later discovered the recipient fell short of the award. So official transcripts will ALWAYS be requested at any application for evaluation or admission.

Concerning cost of these evaluations, it totally will be dependent on the requirements and procedures.

Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Na wa for you ooh!!

LOL... Nawa for me oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SamReinvented: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

Most schools in Canada would have applicants upload a soft copy of their transcripts online on the application portal and upon admission, official transcripts would be requested and sent directly from the issuing institution in a sealed enveloped bearing all appropraite stamps, seals and signatures. I don't see how sending it for evaluation now would prevent it from being requested for subsequently.

That being said, evaluation of educational credential are majorly done for immigration or job purposes especially in Canada simply because these institution requesting such evaluation do not have the capacity to evaluate it themselves and the authorized evaluation body most likely will request official documentation sent from the issuing schools at each time of evaluation.

Universities, colleges, schools etc have the capacity to evaluate each credential submitted because they are educational institutions and have commitees responsible for such evaluation. So i believe they will not have to request for an evaluated degree at any time of application for admission.

The idea of request of official document is to confirm the authenticity of the document(s). A conferred degree can be withdrawn from the recipient at anytime if later discovered the recipient fell short of the award. So official transcripts will ALWAYS be requested at any application for evaluation or admission.

Concerning cost of these evaluations, it totally will be dependent on the requirements and procedures.

Regards.

Thanks a lot. I'll wait for other's inputs. If this is the case, I don't think WES evaluation is useful for me then. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
Good day house! Compliments to everyone here. Can anyone please assist me as I am currently confused. I am about applying for a student visa and the thing is i would want to go with my family (wife and 2 year old). I heard applying together with my family might jeopardize my chances and I should apply alone first and then for them. My confusion is, after getting mine, what kind of Visa would be granted for my family? I would not want visiting visa for them because I want them with me all through my study period. Most people I spoke to said they would qualify for visiting and they need to return after a short time. Can someone help explain this visa ish for family not jeopardizing my chance and that of my family.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello gurus in the house. I am preparing my application little by little. I am about to send my transcripts for wes evaluation. However, the reason I want to have it assessed by wes is so that I won't have to always go request for transcript transmission from my school in Nigeria for subsequent studies.

Therefore, I'd like to know; is wes evaluation accepted for admission (in place of original transcripts) in all US and Canadian schools? And then, will wes always send my transcripts (the evaluated one) to any school/organization whenever I request them to? Will it be at a cost or for free?

Cc: Maziude, Austinpee4, canadiannurse , et Al
Is it required in the school you are applying too for transcript evaluation? If yes go ahead. If no you don't need then except you are doing it for PR sake again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
KlausMike:
Good day house! Compliments to everyone here. Can anyone please assist me as I am currently confused. I am about applying for a student visa and the thing is i would want to go with my family (wife and 2 year old). I heard applying together with my family might jeopardize my chances and I should apply alone first and then for them. My confusion is, after getting mine, what kind of Visa would be granted for my family? I would not want visiting visa for them because I want them with me all through my study period. Most people I spoke to said they would qualify for visiting and they need to return after a short time. Can someone help explain this visa ish for family not jeopardizing my chance and that of my family.
If you go first then your wife will apply for an open work permit. Sometimes it called spousal open work permit and as for your child he or she will apply for just TRV if he or she is above 4-5years then they will apply for study permit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
McOsheBaba:

of cos to everyone no pattern of approval@Jeremy talking to you. @McOsheBaba greetings have entered maple land?

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.