Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829076 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nyinyez7(f): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
Wow congrats! My testimony is next.
Pyale:
Like I promised, here is my testimony. Apologies for the long post.
Visa approved, passport arrived today! Want to say a very big thank you for every contributor here. Although I applied too late, considering my school resumed Monday 8th Jan., God surprised me by doing it in His on way! He says, people say it takes up to 20 weeks right?, I will make yours 5 weeks! THANK YOU ALL.

Application details:
Submitted: November 29th, 2017
Biometrics: December 4th, 2017
Upfront Medical: November 20th, 2017
Medical passed: December 29th, 2017
Approved: January 3rd, 2018 (exactly 5 weeks after) followed by passport request
Passport submitted via UPS next day, Jan. 4th.
Passport with TRV returned January 15th, 2018.

Documents Submitted:

1. Study Permit Application Forms
• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• International foundation certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• Certificate of Attainment in IT skills

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Data page of my international passport and pages of my expired leave to remain (for study purpose) in the UK
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Letter of Explanation – both SOP and LOE very comprehensive, clarifying everything to the VO
• Police Certificate
• Upfront Medical certificate
• Personal Statement of Account from my UK Lloyds Bank (£418) – very small amount, but it adds value to the application.

4. VOLUNTARY ROLE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENTS (submitted to show that apart from studying, there are other things I have passion for)
• Reference letter from Newcastle City Council, UK (as part of my London2012 Olympic Games Newcastle Ambassador Role)
• Reference letter from North of Tyne NHS’ Patients Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) as part of my voluntary role
• Thank You letter from UK Prime Minister (Then David Cameron) for taking part in London2012 Olympic Games as a Newcastle Ambassador
• Diploma Certificate in web design
• Certificate of Completion in HTML fundamentals
• Certificate of Completion in PHP fundamentals
• Certificate of Diligence and Faithfulness from my church

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• University Letter of Admission
• Funding letter (25k CAD, tuition to be remitted from research grant of supervisor)

6. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS (Sponsor is my father)
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Sponsor’s Statement of Account (900k – So only used like N1.1M, including my £418 to apply. However little your resources may be, just apply and put your trust and confidence in God! There is no harm in trying.)
• Employment, letter of promotion and statutory retirement letter (to confirm he’s still being paid his pension), and data page of international passport of my father
• Evidence of the landed properties owned by my father

7. PRAYERS, PRAYERS AND FASTING!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pyale:
Visa approved, passport arrived today! Want to say a very big thank you for every contributor here. Although I applied too late, considering my school resumed Monday 8th Jan., God surprised me by doing it in His on way! He says, people say it takes up to 20 weeks right?, I will make yours 5 weeks! THANK YOU ALL.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pyale:

Application details:

Congrats!!! Remain blessed!!
Approved: January 3rd, 2018 (exactly 5 weeks after) followed by passport request

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Data page of my international passport and pages of my expired leave to remain (for study purpose) in the UK
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Letter of Explanation – both SOP and LOE very comprehensive, clarifying everything to the VO
• Police Certificate
• Personal Statement of Account from my UK Lloyds Bank (£418) – very small amount, but it adds value to the application.

4. VOLUNTARY ROLE AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENTS (submitted to show that apart from studying, there are other things I have passion for)
• Reference letter from Newcastle City Council, UK (as part of my London2012 Olympic Games Newcastle Ambassador Role)
• Reference letter from North of Tyne NHS’ Patients Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) as part of my voluntary role
• Thank You letter from UK Prime Minister (Then David Cameron) for taking part in London2012 Olympic Games as a Newcastle Ambassador

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• Funding letter (25k CAD, tuition to be remitted from research grant of supervisor)

• Letter of Sponsorship
• Sponsor’s Statement of Account (900k – So only used like N1.1M, including my £418 to apply. However little your resources may be, just apply and put your trust and confidence in God! There is no harm in trying.)
• Employment, letter of promotion and statutory retirement letter (to confirm he’s still being paid his pension), and data page of international passport of my father

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
Congrats!!!Remain blessed
Pyale:

Application details:

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

• Letter of Sponsorship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
Lovelywings:
Hi all - first apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I am currently in the US, but will be returning to Nigeria in about a month. I want to start the application for the Canada study visa (got admission to a masters program). But I am not clear on what happens after I submit my application online. How soon can I expect either a request for passport or request for interview from the embassy in Nigeria? This will affect when I submit app (eg. if the request comes 2 months after, I can submit now. If it normally comes within a week of submission, I should wait until I'm about to move to Nigeria). I notice the CIC website states processing time of 18 weeks. Just not clear on where in the process does interaction with the Abuja embassy starts.
Thanks all.

Sorry If you don't mind, but I would like to ask. What made you take a decision not to Study in the US?

I presume that After your Masters in US, you have a Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a permitted 12-month working period for undergraduate and graduate students on F-1 visas.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pyale:

Application details:

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

• Letter of Sponsorship

Congrats bro am always excited reading testimonies, like its was mine that was approved. Mine shall not pass me by in Jesus Name.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pyale:

Application details:

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

• Letter of Sponsorship

Please help answer the following questions?

Did you apply from Nigeria.?
What did you put in who is paying your expenses in Canada? Is it your father or u wrote full scholarship?
Is your 25k funding per year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blink6(m): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hey guys,
Has anyone tried linking an existing application to a new account here?
If yes, what trick did you use? I have been trying to help a friend, but it isn't working for me.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 17, 2018
Good day, I recently applied to a school in Canada, southern Alberta Institute of technology for a diploma program. I have a degree already in a school in Nigeria. I was told to send my high school transcript and post high school transcript. I know post high school transcript is University or first degree transcript but I don't understand and do not know what I will send for high school transcript. Is it Neco/Waec or secondary school results. Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 1:26am On Jan 17, 2018
Fabelurin1988:
Good day, I recently applied to a school in Canada, southern Alberta Institute of technology for a diploma program. I have a degree already in a school in Nigeria. I was told to send my high school transcript and post high school transcript. I know post high school transcript is University or first degree transcript but I don't understand and do not know what I will send for high school transcript. Is it Neco/Waec or secondary school results. Thank You

Hello,

A high school transcript is basically a record of your academic accomplishments in high school, we normally call it REPORT SHEET/CARD. It lists every class you took, when you took them, and the grade you received in each class.

Official transcripts often have to be sent directly to the institution by your high school in order to remain official, while a transcript you print or copy yourself will be unofficial. Most colleges require you to submit an official copy of your high school transcript when you apply. So contact your highschool for your transcripts.

Be guided that WAEC/NECO is a certification of your graduation from highschool and not a transcripts.

I hope this answers your question.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by princeGee23: 4:19am On Jan 17, 2018
Holla to the Canadian student Visa thread. It's quite sometimes, so i decided to stop here too as I dey waka pass NairaLand Avenue, WorldWide
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:47am On Jan 17, 2018
Austinpee4:

Baba, don't you think this advise would give other people a reason to misrepresent and later send an email to CIC to feign ignorance to the 'clearly'asked question?

I still don't believe anybody 'forgets' to answer the question correctly. There are other questions on the IMM1294 form and it is usually answered correctly, why then would a question of a previous refusal be forgotten more so when applicants applied for the refused visa themselves or had knowledge of a refusal or the mere fact that they wanted to travel before but things didn't go as planned. These memories live for a lifetime!

Anyway, Truth is, CIC will hardly respond and accept such errors. The immigration laws very well covers such acts with a corresponding consequence. Officers will use their discretion and interpretation of such act of misrepresentation. It's simply to uphold their existing laws and regulation. So the right thing for an applicant that 'forgets' to declare a previous refusal is to wait for a response from CIC. We have seen cases of severe to no consequences in time past but not without a procedural fairness letter.

So to all those 'forgetting', una weldone o. Kindly note that the more of these cases of misrepresentation, the stringent the scrutiny is for all category of visas to Canada. They just don't trust Nigerians completely. I guess nobody would want to make it even harder.

Declare any previous app refused. There is nothing wrong in that. As a matter of fact, it gives credibility to the over processing of an application.
Lol! I feel you bro, at least maybe the mail will save them from getting a ban. I still don't know why people just decide to lie about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:51am On Jan 17, 2018
Hello all.
If you are interested in admission mostly for undergraduate programs at Memorial University of Newfoundland and resides in Lagos or you have a friend or relative who is;
Ms. Carolyn O’Keefe, a student recruitment officer from MUN, will be in Lagos between the 19 to 23 January to attend the EduCanada fairs and to meet with eligible (http://www.mun.ca/undergrad/admissions/waec-neco.php) prospective students, mostly undergraduate and their families.

Ms. Carolyn O’Keefe can be reached via the email address carolynok@mun.ca .

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:55am On Jan 17, 2018
@Kindaguy, I saw your pm but please I don't reply pm right now. You can ask whatever question you have here so other people can contribute and learn from it as well. Hope you don't mind?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 17, 2018
Good morning bro, I am sure the photocopy guy where I printed this forms made mistake by hitting the wrong button and change from No to Yes on the part where it ask have you taken a test from a designated testing agaency to access your proficiency in English or French? Now I want to reapply and change it to NO. Any implication

mcobex:
@Kindaguy, I saw your pm but please I don't reply pm right now. You can ask whatever question you have here so other people can contribute and learn from it as well. Hope you don't mind?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by keduduka1234: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2018
Wow!!!
A very big congratulations to you and thank God for the testimony...
5 weeks! shocked That's favour oo!!!
Congrats!

Pyale:

Application details:

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

• Letter of Sponsorship

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by keduduka1234: 8:18am On Jan 17, 2018
Hello
First of all I'd advise to ask if you can apply foe your visa within the US. You could contact the Canadian embassy in the US to clarify this.
If you can, just do it in the US.... You may have to move your return date tho, but my guess is that the processing time should be faster in the US. And if possible, you could move to Canada from the US
Hope this helps....

Lovelywings:
Hi all - first apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I am currently in the US, but will be returning to Nigeria in about a month. I want to start the application for the Canada study visa (got admission to a masters program). But I am not clear on what happens after I submit my application online. How soon can I expect either a request for passport or request for interview from the embassy in Nigeria? This will affect when I submit app (eg. if the request comes 2 months after, I can submit now. If it normally comes within a week of submission, I should wait until I'm about to move to Nigeria). I notice the CIC website states processing time of 18 weeks. Just not clear on where in the process does interaction with the Abuja embassy starts.
Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by keduduka1234: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2018
Hello people.
You all are doing a good jobn on this thread!!! Una welldone oo
Biko I need your advice on a situation, my apologies if this issue has been addressed in a previous thread.

I got accepted into a graduate program in Canda and I have applied for my student visa online. My mistake was that I applied for the visa late. I did my biometric last month and I'm still waiting for CIC's reply.
My dilema is that the deadline for me to report to my school is the end of January (next week to be precise).

I don't know if I could ask the school to communicate with CIC on my behalf, or if another option is available.

Please I would appreciate your advice.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2018
keduduka1234:
Hello people.
You all are doing a good jobn on this thread!!! Una welldone oo
Biko I need your advice on a situation, my apologies if this issue has been addressed in a previous thread.

I got accepted into a graduate program in Canda and I have applied for my student visa online. My mistake was that I applied for the visa late. I did my biometric last month and I'm still waiting for CIC's reply.
My dilema is that the deadline for me to report to my school is the end of January (next week to be precise).

I don't know if I could ask the school to communicate with CIC on my behalf, or if another option is available.

Please I would appreciate your advice.
Thank you

There is nothing the school can do to influence the decision or speed of processing your visa.

The only option you have, if you think you can not make the resumption deadline is to defer to a later term, if your school allows that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:08am On Jan 17, 2018
keduduka1234:
Hello
First of all I'd advise to ask if you can apply foe your visa within the US. You could contact the Canadian embassy in the US to clarify this.
If you can, just do it in the US.... You may have to move your return date tho, but my guess is that the processing time should be faster in the US. And if possible, you could move to Canada from the US
Hope this helps....

Hello Lovelywings,

If you're on a visiting visa in the US, do not apply for your visa from the US. But if you're a PR or On study permit, you can apply from the US.

I say this because applying with a visit visa will raise question like "status in the country of application "

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by holythug(m): 11:20am On Jan 17, 2018
Hello house,

Does upfront medicals speed up the process?

thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chuksdewigs(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
A very big congrays to you....I'm sure I'll testify soon..5months, wow..congrats again
Pyale:

Application details:

Documents Submitted:

• IMM 5483
• IMM 1294E
• IMM 5645E
• IMM5257B_1_2

2. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport Photograph
• Curriculum Vitae
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS

• Letter of Sponsorship

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by joeadex(m): 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello travel experts in the aoz,
I wnt to apply 4 work nd study visa in Canada for Masters degree bt I graduated wit 2.6 cgpa nd I'm lukin at PGD as a remedial program b4 proceeding for masters bt my traveling agent said isn't possible unless I retake my Bsc degree...pls is dis true dat i shud retake my Bsc or there is a way out...ur advice is needed, tnkz.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello all, so I just got my conditional offer letter from TRU for MBA program in May 2018. Does anyone know if the NASU strike is called off yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
mamacajah:
Hello all, so I just got my conditional offer letter from TRU for MBA program in May 2018. Does anyone know if the NASU strike is called off yet?

Congratulations..
Nasu strike is still on..
Did you receive funding with your offer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tall2ce(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
cecechi:

Hello, the answer is yes but competitive.
Incase you want to ask the schools in canada: either you read from thread 1 like most of us here did(i know its stressful but possible) or you could click on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html , it shows you the list of designated learning institutions in canada by province. you can find out the course you are looking for and scholarships
Incase you stay in abuja or lagos, there is an ongoing educanada fair, you could meet up with schools and ask, hope this helps
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by makano: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello House, Please Gurus in the house I jut received my GCMS note. Please how can I tackle these reasons given, I want to re-fire soon. Please your advise will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ada17798: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello, house,

please, i need clarification.

I got a request for my Passport. do I go with only my passport, the letter asking for my passport and the other documents I was given after biometrics? And do I have to pay any money at VAC? because I checked the website and I saw 10k for taking my documents to the Canadian embassy in Lagos. please help I want to submit tomorrow.

Thank You.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
congrats

Ada17798:
Hello, house,

please, i need clarification.

I got a request for my Passport. do I go with only my passport, the letter asking for my passport and the other documents I was given after biometrics? And do I have to pay any money at VAC? because I checked the website and I saw 10k for taking my documents to the Canadian embassy in Lagos. please help I want to submit tomorrow.

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
ademcoboy:

Please help answer the following questions?

Did you apply from Nigeria.?
What did you put in who is paying your expenses in Canada? Is it your father or u wrote full scholarship?
Is your 25k funding per year?

Yes, I applied from Nigeria.
I indicated research assistant funding, my father plus my supervisor.
Yes, my 25k funding is per year!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hi guys,

I have been a silent reader and i am very grateful to everyone who takes out time to comment on here

i am in the process of getting admission, and i have submitted to university of Windsor. i am in the process of submitting to Ryerson and Guelph for fall 2018

guys please how long does it take universities to reply and will there be sufficient time for visa processing?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Pyale:

Yes, I applied from Nigeria.
I indicated research assistant funding, my father plus my supervisor.
Yes, my 25k funding is per year!

Hi

You mentioned that your funding is 25k per year. May I ask how much the tuition fee for your school is?

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.