Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827963 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
favourqueen:

Wow!!! Congratulations

Thanks!! grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
vtoluwalope:

Congrats O, mine will come too in Jesus name... AMEN

A big AMEN to that!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congratulations brother! I got your mail and I've replied.
Jonaslokk:
IVE BEEN APPROVED TODAY!!!! grin
SINCE JULY!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoyin123(f): 10:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Pyale:

We can't advise you to say YES/NO. You should be able to know which response to give. To help with, if you have previously applied (some years back) to enter or remain in Canada, then your response would be YES, and if you have not, then your response would be NO. Since you said you were denied last year, meaning you have previously applied, you have to indicate YES! Hope this helps?

OK. Thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hoyin123(f): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2018
favourqueen:

Please state it by putting yes
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:17am On Jan 13, 2018
DEEAJA:
Hello house,
Happy New to you all!
Pls i have few questions and i will need your advice.

1) At the point of applying for Manitoba PNP, the minimum fund required for a family of 5 is $18,000CAD and thus i stated this. But when i entered the EE pool i already stated $27,000CAD as POF as this is within the range of what is required for a family of 5. I just got LAA (Letter of Advice to Apply)from Manitoba, should i still provide evidence for 18,000 ( which is the minimum fund required for MPNP)or 27,000 (which i stated on my EE profile)?

2) When applying, i had fund in my account but i withdrew huge sum of the fund built to meet a need. Now that i have been given LAA (submit full application). Should i get the huge amount back into my account now before i print my bank statement. Hope i wont be penalised for this?
Please advise me on how best to bring the fund into my account
Thanks.
Actually, you may not get a swift response to your questions as this is the study thread. You may want to post your questions on the Express entry thread so you get a very concise and detailed answer to your query.

Here is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:19am On Jan 13, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 2:09am On Jan 13, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!

Congrats!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 3:20am On Jan 13, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!
Congratulations smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:33am On Jan 13, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!

Phew!! Congrats!! Now all that talk about hanging yourself in frustration of decision must end. Thank God!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:50am On Jan 13, 2018
TOPEADE1:
@jnyuwa02

I have gone through 70% of all the post on study VISA application for Canada. I will like to have your good advice base on my few profile:

Bsc Urban and Regional Planning 2008, GPA-4.2, works experience till date: 1 year in Business and logistics, 2 years in Spatial monitoring of Bts and location of Bts, 4 years experience in 3 different planning firms and also a managing partner to a new established one but we are yet to start using it to assign or get jobs. Married with 1 kid and all funds in wife accounts (5 million naira bank and 4 million treasure billing to mature March ending. 1 completed building in my wife's name and a land in my name and also another property for my late dad (all doc in my custody-building worth 20 million naira). I am applying to 4 skools and two of the courses are designed for 1 year but you can extend while the other are two years. My question is that since 90% of my funds is in my wife account, would she be my sponsor or I ask her transfer all the money back to me for the purpose? My other question is that all the four courses are good but considering my age of 36, would you advice I focus more on the 1 year program which is professional and other the two years program which is academics and professional for the skools I choose putting into consideration VO scrutinizing my intention?

Thank you

You are doing so well in Nigeria, why Canada man? So much taxes and bills and at the end of the day, people out there in the west live from pay check to pay check. In my opinion and experience. That said, since you are married, it's okay for your wife to still keep the money in her account as long as you are a signatory to the account as well. VOs understand such joint ownership and commingling of personal finances. I will advice the longer two years course and it's academic leanings. This will help with overcoming the "purpose of visit" that VOs always check against applicants. Your purpose of visit, which would be to study is clearly defined with a longer period of study time and academic concentration. This will help paint you as a more genuine student. With shorter period of study and professional course, they think you want to be an immigrant and just using the short course as an easy way to run away from Nigeria.

Age should never be a barrier to education. Study what you want, but be sensible in giving what kind of course the VOs like to see. You have good history on personal asset and family ties to Nigeria and I see a TRV in your future if you played all your games right.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 5:59am On Jan 13, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!
Hello,
Sent you a message,
Please kindly reply, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 7:44am On Jan 13, 2018
TOPEADE1:
@jnyuwa02

I have gone through 70% of all the post on study VISA application for Canada. I will like to have your good advice base on my few profile:

Bsc Urban and Regional Planning 2008, GPA-4.2, works experience till date: 1 year in Business and logistics, 2 years in Spatial monitoring of Bts and location of Bts, 4 years experience in 3 different planning firms and also a managing partner to a new established one but we are yet to start using it to assign or get jobs. Married with 1 kid and all funds in wife accounts (5 million naira bank and 4 million treasure billing to mature March ending. 1 completed building in my wife's name and a land in my name and also another property for my late dad (all doc in my custody-building worth 20 million naira). I am applying to 4 skools and two of the courses are designed for 1 year but you can extend while the other are two years. My question is that since 90% of my funds is in my wife account, would she be my sponsor or I ask her transfer all the money back to me for the purpose? My other question is that all the four courses are good but considering my age of 36, would you advice I focus more on the 1 year program which is professional and other the two years program which is academics and professional for the skools I choose putting into consideration VO scrutinizing my intention?

Thank you

Good day, in addition to what was said I think you should strongly consider the Canada Express Entry route. Good IELTS score and strong financial statement gets you and your family Permanent residence. Kindly visit the Canada Express Entry thread here on Nairaland. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by NobleA007: 10:24am On Jan 13, 2018
Congratulations!
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by habdolleez: 11:56am On Jan 13, 2018
Good day my people. I am a graduate of accounting with second class lower division in Nigeria university. I want to go for post-graduate diploma in Canada. Please which university or college can u recommend that offer my course and that can accept me with second class lower. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 12:43pm On Jan 13, 2018
habdolleez:
Good day my people. I am a graduate of accounting with second class lower division in Nigeria university. I want to go for post-graduate diploma in Canada. Please which university or college can u recommend that offer my course and that can accept me with second class lower. Thanks in anticipatinon

You can do yourself good by searching out for schools offering your courses in Canada. Make a long list and select the best one for yourself based on the admission requirements as well as other benefits you would derive from the programme. Its a pity that postgraduate diploma do not attracts funding as MASTERS AND PHD...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hi
I've been reading the thread on applying for a study visa and I kind of need some advice.
So my sis just got admission to study a finance course and intend to apply 4 her visa. my aunt is to sponsor her but we do not bear the same name. she owns a big coy which she works 4 for about 3yrs and has such we intend state dat she's been sponsored by d coy and as such is expected to come back after d study to continue working 4 d coy n grow d coy. Her undergrad course is finance related also. Will she still need to show her bank statement since d coy is expected to fund everythin n d coy statement will be submitted. she isnt married n has no investment.should she mention dat d owner of s coy is her aunt?
Please kindly advice on d best approach!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=64107304]

Hi Frankrobbn1, i sent u a mail. please kindly respond, its urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by habdolleez: 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=ademcoboy post=64158954]

You can do yourself good by searching out for schools offering your courses in Canada. Make a long list and select the best one for yourself based on the admission requirements as well as other benefits you would derive from the programme. Its a pity that postgraduate diploma do not attracts funding as MASTERS AND PHD...

Thanks for the information, I will love to apply for masters but I had second class lower and most university in Canada don't accept it. If u know any university that accept it please I won't mind if u can share them with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=habdolleez post=64166684][/quote]

Most Canadian universities accept only 2:1 applicants for masters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by habdolleez: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=ademcoboy post=64167321]

Most Canadian universities accept only 2:1 applicants for masters.

Yeah thats why I want to apply for post-graduate diploma so that I can further for my master
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello, you can click here for some universities that offer pgd or make use of this pdf file for comprehensive list of all post-secondary and PGD programs in Canadian colleges. Look through the pdf for all the schools that offer your course, then go to each website and see their annual tuition costs and requirements.
Hope this help?
habdolleez:
Good day my people. I am a graduate of accounting with second class lower division in Nigeria university. I want to go for post-graduate diploma in Canada. Please which university or college can u recommend that offer my course and that can accept me with second class lower. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello Vcole, I really appreciate your honest opinion. God bless you immensely
vcole:
@phocusjosh, stumbled on your post when I replied a post i was mentioned in above. I think that your train of thought as regards responding to the issues raised by the vo are on the right track.
I think that the main issue the vo had was that s/he was not able to justify how your parents were/are able to sponsor your studies since there was no proof of income. So your plans are in order. Include the source of your dad's income. Any proof of current employment or previous employment and retirement. Proof of his registered business(es), tax clearance certificates, personal account (s), rsa.
I think that you should use the same offer letter as you did in the previous app and not the new one as it may seem contradictory. Your statement of account showing salary payments. If you get paid in cheques, keep photocopies of the cheques and deposit them into your account. The study leave letter from your company would be a plus in my opinion. It shows ties. I think every organization has their own study leave policy so it really shouldn't bother the vo about duration of employment prior to study leave.
You do not need to include your siblings birth certificate.
If you plan to start school in the fall, you want to give yourself enough time to apply for your visa. I'll advise applying maybe 6 months in advance? (I may be wrong).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks Jeremy for your continuous help on this forum. I hope to read about your successful TRV application. As regards to using my sibling's birth certificate with different surname, hope the V.O will not question it? I really appreciate your rationale to the use of study leave. God bless you immensely.
jnyuwa02:

Declare all siblings whether you have the same surname or not and include birth certificates. If you want to wait till you get scholarship funding, that would dramatically improve your case as VO's objection of funding availability would have been solved. 200k in your account is fine if you are sponsored student. Your parents financial status and property has a direct correlation to you, so there is no need to concentrate on getting your own personal asset when you can ride on the strength of your parents asset as a heir. Submit all CAC certificate, including tax clearance of your parents. If you are paid in cash and do not have a matching bank account where it goes, that is fine as long as you can produce your own personal tax clearance showing taxes paid on income. Don't change employers at this point. I cannot overemphasize waiting for funding before applying because it can be the solution to your present quagmire. Study leave is good, but who gives them for two years and expects people to come back? How much are they paying you to make such an unusual open blanket leave offer? Do you even think the VO will believe study leave based on the meager income they have been paying you? Think well. If I were you, I will concentrate on sayin I want to come back to Nigeria to develop my own company that I already started and be an authority in my nation in my area of expertise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!
Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
bluegirl080115:

Congratulations smiley
De been ban you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mayorelnino(m): 1:14am On Jan 14, 2018
Hello house. I was delayed sometimes last year, but want to submit a new application now for different program. I will like to know if I need to talk about my previous application and denial in my SOP or I shld just focus solely on the new app. Thanks. I kindly await your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 1:41am On Jan 14, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Phew!! Congrats!! Now all that talk about hanging yourself in frustration of decision must end. Thank God!

�� grin bro! Savage!
Thanks mehn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 6:06am On Jan 14, 2018
Jonaslokk:
SINCE JULY!!
I told you, congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 14, 2018
mayorelnino:
Hello house. I was delayed sometimes last year, but want to submit a new application now for different program. I will like to know if I need to talk about my previous application and denial in my SOP or I shld just focus solely on the new app. Thanks. I kindly await your response.
Just treat it like a fresh application Bro, you don't necessarily have to talk about it. Good luck in your next application!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomicee: 9:24am On Jan 14, 2018
Good morning everyone, pls I need your help with the diploma program I could run. I graduated with a PASS and I wanted to know if I could use my ‘O’ level result to apply or add my transcript. Pls I need you guys help on how to go about it. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.