Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827135 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Glowingx: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=tosiopz post=62557719]Hey everyone,
I need some help here as regards to my student visa application
I got an admission into Humber College, and I'm supposed to resume in January, although that has been pushed due to the ongoing
Quote ::::::
Please Would like to ask how you got WES to send your credentials to Humber please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Glowingx: 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
Please I need your input, I am applying to Humber College, i have completed my WES course by course evaluation since 2/1/2018. Listed Ontariocolleges.ca as one of the recipients. Just discovered on my WES page that am the sole recipient, really confused.
From my understanding, OCAS is meant to sent my credentials to Humber college or am I missing something.
Please if you have applied to Humber college how did you go about it?
Deadline is fast creeping up on me.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
gbemiigbal:

EE is good, but what if you have been battling with getting great bands in IELTS. IELTS is discouraging so many people into applying for EE.
Cc: @awas you can still go for another MBA but you will need to convince the vo why you are not going for something higher. It will be hard but not impossible
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
@AyoPrudence please ask your questions here cos u don't reply pm now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

"That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country" I planned to your my official terminal benefit as part of my POF as my office doenst keep jobs for staff. Am scared with this phrase, please i need your advise. Can anyone answer this as the bulk of my POF will be coming from my terminal benefit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good day everyone. Please am new to this forum and am so glad i came across. Am about paying for my application fees in a Canadian college for a 1yr certificate program in automotive service technology (what we call motor mechanic here). I studied zoology in Nigeria here and finished with 2.2 in 2014. Finished NYSC in 2016(November). My sponsor is my cousin( mothers sis) who lives in Canada with his family. He is a motor vehicle and parts importer.
After going through series of write ups here i decided to seek help so as not to get things wrong from start. My SOA balance is poor as i am unemployed and only helped my brother in his motor parts business last year after nysc. I want to know my chances of approval with my change in career part. Should i state that i would be living with my cousin in Canada cuz i don't intend paying for accommodation. Please can someone give me tips on how to package this embassy people because i don't want disappointments.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
xzile:
Good day everyone. Please am new to this forum and am so glad i came across. Am about paying for my application fees in a Canadian college for a 1yr certificate program in automotive service technology (what we call motor mechanic here). I studied zoology in Nigeria here and finished with 2.2 in 2014. Finished NYSC in 2016(November). My sponsor is my cousin( mothers sis) who lives in Canada with his family. He is a motor vehicle and parts importer.
After going through series of write ups here i decided to seek help so as not to get things wrong from start. My SOA balance is poor as i am unemployed and only helped my brother in his motor parts business last year after nysc. I want to know my chances of approval with my change in career part. Should i state that i would be living with my cousin in Canada cuz i don't intend paying for accommodation. Please can someone give me tips on how to package this embassy people because i don't want disappointments.
I hope i can convince VO that the program is worth spending much money for international education and the prospects it has in Nigeria. Truth is i intend coming back to Nigeria after 1yr.do anyone think i should change program or is a 1yr program to short to be given a trv? Pls you people should help a brother before i commit a blunder.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OgbeniWole33: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
OgbeniWole33:
Hello house. Good morning. Please, who knows anything or has anyone who has appealed a refusal from the embassy? Please it’s urgent. Thanks.

Please, if you have any info about appealing a refusal decision or have anyone who has gone through the process, please ☝� Biko. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kindaguy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
mcobex:
August/September 2018 won't be a bad time as cic would be rounding up students going for Fall that time but you can apply earlier if "your blood dey hot).

lol.... i'll wait till then...
i appreciate sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
OgbeniWole33:

Please, if you have any info about appealing a refusal decision or have anyone who has gone through the process, please ☝� Biko. Thanks
Why were you delayed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OgbeniWole33: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
mcobex:
Why were you delayed?

Purpose of study
Ties in home country and Canada
Personal assets and financial status
Travel history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
Ok bro, thanks

mcobex:
You don't have a problem, just make sure you don't make same this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2018
Why not try and get admission for masters? You may even get funding since you graduated with Second class upper. My opinion tho

lukuluku101:
Yes, it is.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good day all.
I was refused visa sept last year based on
1. Travel History
2. Sufficient Funds for study,
3. Home Ties
4. Personal assest.
I did paper application and my application stayed for 9months b4 refusal (Jan-Sept).

I have been to treat all of the reasons for refusal except travel history and I wan to reapply. Please i need advice for the new application. I will also appreciate if anyone can send me LOE and SOP format. It will be really appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
yamen21:
Good day all.
1. Travel History
3. Home Ties
4. Personal assest.
I did paper application and my application stayed for 9months b4 refusal (Jan-Sept).

I have been to treat all of the reasons for refusal except travel history and I wan to reapply. Please i need advice for the new application. I will also appreciate if anyone can send me LOE and SOP format. It will be really appreciated

Since you have tackled the reasons raised by the Visa officer on your GCMS NOTE, worry less about travel history.

Hope you ordered for your GCMS NOTE, because that where you tackle not PURPOSE OF VISIT, HOME TIES.. BLAH BLAH.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
gbemiigbal:
2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

"That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country" I planned to your my official terminal benefit as part of my POF as my office doenst keep jobs for staff. Am scared with this phrase, please i need your advise. Can anyone answer this as the bulk of my POF will be coming from my terminal benefit.

Please Sir!, you can use your terminal benefits as part of your POF(Proof Of Fund) It will go a long way in tackling PERSONAL FINANCIAL ESTABLISHMENT/ASSET.
I never said you shouldn't use it.

"Proof to them the tendency/possibility of loosing and getting back the job in your home country is high that's all"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obehivan: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
Hey guys . please someone should help out. I studied MCB wit a cgpa of 3.02/5.0. I have read here that it WD b impossible to get admitted for an MSC program in Canada n I really don't want to continue with MCB. I want to start afresh with bsc nursing at Brandon university. I don't want to indicate that I have an undergraduate degree becos I don't HV my transcript yet due to strike n I don't know when they will call it off. Please is it advisible to just start afresh with my waec result without indicating my previous MCB. Would dey ask what I have been doin after high school because I graduated high school in 2012? My travel history is okay becus I have traveled to the USA bfr. Please help me out becos I intend to pay my app fee next week. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
OgbeniWole33:

Purpose of study
Ties in home country and Canada
Personal assets and financial status
Travel history
Appealing will cost you a lot of cash and time and at the end even if you win the case it is still not certain your application will be accepted, the new visa officer handling your application can still decide not to accept it (and nothing will happen ). I will advise you order for your case note(gcms note)to be certain their real reasons for delaying you (that's if you haven't done that already), then reapply. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Glowingx: 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2018
Glowingx:
Please I need your input, I am applying to Humber College, i have completed my WES course by course evaluation since 2/1/2018. Listed Ontariocolleges.ca as one of the recipients. Just discovered on my WES page that am the sole recipient, really confused.
From my understanding, OCAS is meant to sent my credentials to Humber college or am I missing something.
Please if you have applied to Humber college how did you go about it?
Deadline is fast creeping up on me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
mcobex:
Appealing will cost you a lot of cash and time and at the end even if you win the case it is still not certain your application will be accepted, the new visa officer handling your application can still decide not to accept it (and nothing will happen ). I will advise you order for your case note(gcms note)to be certain their real reasons for delaying you (that's if you haven't done that already), then reapply. Best of luck

There is a difference between asking for reconsideration and an appeal. An appeal means filing at a federal court in Canada. It is extremely difficult to win. If you win an appeal, the chances that a VO would honor a federal court's decision is 98 percent. The only reason a VO would not honor a federal court's decision is if the won appeal was only asking them to reconsider the application again and make a new decision. A reconsideration on the other hand, is simply asking CIC (Accra) via email to reconsider a decision it previously made based on an error of fact or law or evidence that you submitted but you believe was overlooked. Sometimes they reconsider a past decision and grant if they see evidence that you submitted but was overlooked or simply just information that you submitted but was overlooked. Or if there is any interpretation of law and they applied the law wrongly, if you can show them how, they will grant you. It is much easier to win reconsideration than an appeal. I will advice people to seek reconsideration than an appeal to a federal court which takes much more time and money.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
yamen21:
Good day all.
1. Travel History
3. Home Ties
4. Personal assest.

Jesus is Lord!! 9 months and still denied? Why did your application take that long? I am sorry to hear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OgbeniWole33: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2018
mcobex:

Thanks bros. Am weighing my options. I pray for a positive outcome in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OgbeniWole33: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2018
yamen21:
Good day all.
1. Travel History
3. Home Ties
4. Personal assest.

Bros, well done o. Mine was 7 months. I was so sad. I pray GOD helps you through and me too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OgbeniWole33: 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
jnyuwa02:

There is a difference between asking for reconsideration and an appeal. An appeal means filing at a federal court in Canada. It is extremely difficult to win. If you win an appeal, the chances that a VO would honor a federal court's decision is 98 percent. The only reason a VO would not honor a federal court's decision is if the won appeal was only asking them to reconsider the application again and make a new decision. A reconsideration on the other hand, is simply asking CIC (Accra) via email to reconsider a decision it previously made based on an error of fact or law or evidence that you submitted but you believe was overlooked. Sometimes they reconsider a past decision and grant if they see evidence that you submitted but was overlooked or simply just information that you submitted but was overlooked. Or if there is any interpretation of law and they applied the law wrongly, if you can show them how, they will grant you. It is much easier to win reconsideration than an appeal. I will advice people to seek reconsideration than an appeal to a federal court which takes much more time and money.

Thank you sir for your input. Much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good evening everyone in this noble house, pls... has anyone who submitted the pre-qualification form for MEng applicant in Mechanical Engineering at the university of Saskatchewan gotten a feedback either from the department or potential supervisor to formally apply online.

Congratulations to those who have been able to secure admission grin... God will perfect the TRV... aspect IJN Amen.

My testimony is on the way IJN Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
please any university of Guelph senior in the house or applicant , im having issues with inputing my statement of intent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by badtlimo(m): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
I want to apply for study permit with my younger brother can we use different sponsor and can we submit the application differently with maybe one week interval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kemsure30: 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good evening house

I studied English education in Unilag and graduated with a 3rd class

Pls can I choose early childhood education for my pgd in Conestoga College

Does English education have anything to do with early childhood education
Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 20, 2018
emmy4Gold:
Good evening everyone in this noble house, pls... has anyone who submitted the pre-qualification form for MEng applicant in Mechanical Engineering at the university of Saskatchewan gotten a feedback either from the department or potential supervisor to formally apply online.

Congratulations to those who have been able to secure admission grin... God will perfect the TRV... aspect IJN Amen.

My testimony is on the way IJN Amen

It takes 10 weeks max. before a decision is made. But after 4 weeks you submitted the form, you'll recieve an email telling you to be patient due to numerous applications submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tall2ce(m): 1:46am On Jan 20, 2018
cecechi:

Hello, the answer is yes but competitive.
Incase you want to ask the schools in canada: either you read from thread 1 like most of us here did(i know its stressful but possible) or you could click on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html , it shows you the list of designated learning institutions in canada by province. you can find out the course you are looking for and scholarships
Incase you stay in abuja or lagos, there is an ongoing educanada fair, you could meet up with schools and ask, hope this helps
thank you
where is the educanada fair going on in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:00am On Jan 20, 2018
badtlimo:
I want to apply for study permit with my younger brother can we use different sponsor and can we submit the application differently with maybe one week interval

Yes you can!

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.