Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,784 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834189 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 1:24am On Jan 21, 2018
thesoj:
Hello World! grin

Longest time brother

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by clapper04: 1:46am On Jan 21, 2018
Good morning guys

Please, I want to apply for an undergraduate study in Canada. I already have a BSc degree in Mathematics and intend to study computer science in Canada (University of Manitoba).

Just want to ask if my degree wouldn't be a detriment to the application or it would bolster my chances of getting admission.

Thanks

I have gone through the thread and I observed mcobex has clear ideas about the happenings. Please it would be of great help if you could beam a little light on this. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aghatise: 3:46am On Jan 21, 2018
Thanks alot.

Yes... The University of Saskatchewan Dean's scholarship is a prestigious scholarship aimed at attracting intelligent graduate students to their university. You can get the scholarship even before applying for admission but you must have published some academic papers alongside your high academic achievements before you can be selected.

So since you have a supervisor already you can go ahead an submit you admission application. U will have to pay an application fee of $90cad.

Once you have been selected for the scholarship, your supervisor or the scholarship committee will send you a mail.

I know a senior friend who got the Deans Scholarship in 2016 for his PHD..

best of luck in your applications.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 7:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Good morning NLers,

Please I need help...I'm looking for someone to assist me with my application fee of CAD120, Memorial University. Please it's urgent.

HELP A SISTER PLEASE!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2018
blessedmumi:
Good morning NLers,

Please I need help...I'm looking for someone to assist me with my application fee of CAD120, Memorial University. Please it's urgent.

HELP A SISTER PLEASE!!

Use Access bank or GTB mastercard to pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:44am On Jan 21, 2018
thesoj:
Hello World! grin
Happy new year bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2018
clapper04:
Good morning guys

Please, I want to apply for an undergraduate study in Canada. I already have a BSc degree in Mathematics and intend to study computer science in Canada (University of Manitoba).

Just want to ask if my degree wouldn't be a detriment to the application or it would bolster my chances of getting admission.

Thanks

I have gone through the thread and I observed mcobex has clear ideas about the happenings. Please it would be of great help if you could beam a little light on this. Thanks.
Thanks bro but trust me there are so many gurus here. Going for another undergraduate program is a red flag bro, it will be better if you apply for masters instead. Getting the undergraduate admission will be easy but you will have issues with trv. Try and search for schools that are willing to accept your BSc in mathematics for MSc in computer science if you can't find any then you can go for a Mathematics related masters

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2018
Slik07:

Use Access bank or GTB mastercard to pay for it.

Thank you! cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 9:17am On Jan 21, 2018
Slik07:

Yes. Be hopeful and positive. It shall end in praise.
Thanks boss, I will
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomicee: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Good morning everyone...please I need help on the documents required to apply for a Canadian college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
Aghatise:
Hello house, I sent an email to a Prof at Univ of Sask - just for PhD research supervision (Fall 2018) - he replied that based on my GPA he would support me for the deans scholarship at Univ of Sask; he requested documents from me like my transcript etc and asked me to fill out a particular form for consideration. After this , he informed me that he has submitted it to the department for consideration. My question is that , since I have not applied for admission at all; is it possible to be granted a dean's scholarship in Univ of Sask prior to applying? How long does it take to get response on this scholarship? My MSc GPA converted to univ of Sask equivalent was 85.5% and BEng was 4.43/5 - what are my chances?

I am a recipient of one of those dean scholarships. To the best of my knowledge, the scholarship decisions cannot be made if you have not applied. So maybe the professor is only trying to gauge your chances for obtaining the scholarship before offering you any guarantees or he thought you applied already? I know that my supervisor at USASK interviewed me via skype for an hour and told me he was sure I had the scholarship, but was careful to say it's not 100 percent guaranteed until I hear in writing from the scholarship commitee. He said the committee asked him to interview me. All that happened after I applied for admission. So I will advice you to apply for admission without further to do.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
Aghatise:
Thanks alot.

Yes... The University of Saskatchewan Dean's scholarship is a prestigious scholarship aimed at attracting intelligent graduate students to their university. You can get the scholarship even before applying for admission but you must have published some academic papers alongside your high academic achievements before you can be selected.

So since you have a supervisor already you can go ahead an submit you admission application. U will have to pay an application fee of $90cad.

Once you have been selected for the scholarship, your supervisor or the scholarship committee will send you a mail.

I know a senior friend who got the Deans Scholarship in 2016 for his PHD..

best of luck in your applications.

All true except you have to have applied for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akfakorede(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
adluv:
Hi fellow Nairalanders, here is to share my own testimony while packing my bags and bagages, lolzzz

Applied on the 5th Nov
Biometrict on the 13th Nov
Called for medicals on the 2nd Jan
Went for medicals on the 4th Jan
Passed Medicals on the 11th Jan
Passport request same 11th Jan
i submitted my passport next day 12th Jan
Profile changed
Picked up my passport on the 19th yesterday

To God alone be the glory and i wish everybody that is waiting a huge success, it shall all end in praise IJN amen.

Heading to Toronto soon also looking forward to connect with people going same route.

Did you do upfront medicals before submitting your documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aghatise: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thank you so much for the advice . I just noticed that the deadline for supervisors to submit nominations is Feb 1, 2018; what are am my chances of still applying for admission at this time - already I see that he has filled out the scholarship form but with a blank in the column written Nominee student's number. Thanks so much; your further advice appreciated.

jnyuwa02:

I am a recipient of one of those dean scholarships. To the best of my knowledge, the scholarship decisions cannot be made if you have not applied. So maybe the professor is only trying to gauge your chances for obtaining the scholarship before offering you any guarantees or he thought you applied already? I know that my supervisor at USASK interviewed me via skype for an hour and told me he was sure I had the scholarship, but was careful to say it's not 100 percent guaranteed until I hear in writing from the scholarship commitee. He said the committee asked him to interview me. All that happened after I applied for admission. So I will advice you to apply for admission without further to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
rolextoni:
Did you apply online or paper route?

Online...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eddyme(m): 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hi I want to ask a question here. What is the chance of me getting admission and visa as undergraduate to Canadian college I have only ND and am 29 this year

Answer needed please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Taymiia7(f): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello everybody, can an applicant re-apply to another school for Msc after been refused based on only "purpose of visit " because the applicant went for PGD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bukanol: 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
gurus in the house your boy needs advice please. i got delayed yesterday and it really hurts. howbeit this thread has taught me not to give up so am planning on reapplying. i was delayed on the following grounds:
family ties in canada and country of residence
purpose of visit(i am going for my masters in the same field of my undergraduate study so i guess this was just put to make the reasons much)
current employment situation but now i have a job
personal asset and financial status
travel history.
i presume i didnt have proper documentation in the last one. please your different opinions are welcomed. i also have fully funded scholarship
thanks n God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by millybushy: 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Greetings all, reporting live and direct from University of Saskatchewan. Landed two weeks ago. One love family

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obehivan: 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please does anybody have an idea of a school that offers pdg course in any course related to microbiology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello everyone, I need help!!
My elder brother applied for a student visa through an agent last year, but he got denied, because he wasn't able to prove;

*Purpose of visit
*Employment prospects in country of residence
*Current employment situation
*Personal assets and financial status

Now we are reapplying, and we are trying to get as many documents as possible.
We are also making the first semester tuition payment.
Please everyone, we need help with the list of other documents we can provide, as we have no idea about it..

He is going to University of Winnipeg for a bachelor's degree in Physics. He is 21 years old.
Please gurus, help!!
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by clapper04: 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
mcobex:
Thanks bro but trust me there are so many gurus here. Going for another undergraduate program is a red flag bro, it will be better if you apply for masters instead. Getting the undergraduate admission will be easy but you will have issues with trv. Try and search for schools that are willing to accept your BSc in mathematics for MSc in computer science if you can't find any then you can go for a Mathematics related masters
Thank you bro!. One last thing, do my referees have to be from the school I finished from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
clapper04:

Thank you bro!. One last thing, do my referees have to be from the school I finished from?
No, but it is advisable to have 1 or both from an academic field
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Chimumsy20:
Good afternoon house,

I applied for an undergraduate program in university of Winnipeg for my brother that just finished secondary school. Thankfully, he received his admission letter after 2 weeks. The tuition fee per year is stated as 8,650 Canadian dollar but he is not required to pay till he registers in Canada. He was given an option to pay 1000 tuition deposit. However, in case he doesn't study in the school, the deposit is not refundable.
What is his chances of applying for study permit without paying d deposit. cos am not in support of paying for the deposit and the application is refused, then we lose a whopping 1000 Canadian dollar.
Thanks for the help
You don't understand. The deposit won't be refunded, if you decide not to go to the school anymore for no reason. But if you decide not to go to the school anymore because your visa got denied, you'll be asked to send a copy of your denial letter, and your deposit will be fully refunded. It's clearly stated on their website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomicee: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Yomicee:
Good morning everyone...please I need help on the documents required to apply for a Canadian college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by capsule(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
please if you are studying in one of these university at the masters level (unimanitoba, uniguelph) or any other, did you secure a supervisor before you applied for admission/granted admission?
some uni like USASK requires that a prospective student secures a faculty staff.
Deadline is approaching, yet to secure a supervisor, don't know if I should go ahead and pay the application fee.
please I need your invaluable suggestions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by firstlady4(f): 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Good day guys.

I hv hnd in computer science but want to study digital marketing or international business studies. Please help me with schools that offers the above in their pgd program or as a one year certificate course.

Hope to hear from gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adluv: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
Did you do upfront medicals before submitting your documents?

No, it was requested for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
Aghatise:
Thank you so much for the advice . I just noticed that the deadline for supervisors to submit nominations is Feb 1, 2018; what are am my chances of still applying for admission at this time - already I see that he has filled out the scholarship form but with a blank in the column written Nominee student's number.

As long as you file an application for admission and all outstanding documents before the deadline, you will be fine. The scholarship decision is made concurrently with the offer of admission. Scholarship decision cannot be made in the vaccuum until there is an active application for admission. If you are accepted, you will be assigned a student number and access into the full panoply and universe of USASK network and database. As for your chances, I am not privy to your life story and work you have done. High GPA is only one of the criteria. But your life story and the work you have done, scholarly and volunteer humanitarianism, also counts greatly. So concentrate greatly in writing a great thesis proposal and statement of intent. Support them with great recommendations from employers and at least one of your professors. You will stand a good chance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by firstlady4(f): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
firstlady4:
Good day guys.

I hv hnd in computer science but want to study digital marketing or international business studies. Please help me with schools that offers the above in their pgd program or as a one year certificate course.

Hope to hear from gurus in the house.

Please help guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
ademcoboy:

Congratulations..
Nasu strike is still on..
Did you receive funding with your offer?
@ademcoboy, Thanks..no It is a self funded program...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
bukanol:
gurus in the house your boy needs advice please. i got delayed yesterday and it really hurts. howbeit this thread has taught me not to give up so am planning on reapplying. i was delayed on the following grounds:
family ties in canada and country of residence
purpose of visit(i am going for my masters in the same field of my undergraduate study so i guess this was just put to make the reasons much)
current employment situation but now i have a job
personal asset and financial status
travel history.
i presume i didnt have proper documentation in the last one. please your different opinions are welcomed. i also have fully funded scholarship
thanks n God bless

1.Share your profile... List all the documents you submitted.
2. Whats the value of your funding?

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.