Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826857 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

How have you been trying to contact me? Leave me your email here and I will get in touch with you.

Hello Bro., please can you pm me. My email is kwaafjets2310@gmail.com. I am applying for the third time and I will kindly need your assistance in reviewing my SOP. I hope you help Bro.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 8:17am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello Family,

Please I have a question and I will need your opinions. I am about to submit my application and I will like apply as a self sponsored. I have a graduate funding of $10,488(CAD) annually for two years study program and I have personally paid $10,230(CAD) into my student account at the University. My annual tuition fee is $4833. My problem is that, I currently have 250,000 naira only in my current bank account and I will like to know if it is enough to submit for my application.

I hope to hear you response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WilliamAnita: 8:19am On Jan 24, 2018
I need help
I was just recently denied f1 visa on two occasions to the US, I am 25yrs and I seek a degree program, I am about to apply to a school in Canada, but I need help, what are my chances of getting admitted n granted visa. I don’t want to experience another denial . And also do u think I should reapply to the US. I also don’t have any prior certification to show them.

Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2018
I want to believe it is memorial University.. The $10.230 you paid is for??

Jahluv:
Hello Family,

Please I have a question and I will need your opinions. I am about to submit my application and I will like apply as a self sponsored. I have a graduate funding of $10,488(CAD) annually for two years study program and I have personally paid $10,230(CAD) into my student account at the University. My annual tuition fee is $4833. My problem is that, I currently have 250,000 naira only in my current bank account and I will like to know if it is enough to submit for my application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by foreverkind1(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2018
Please o! my people, do canadian universities accept statement of result ,when transcript is not ready yet ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2018
SeyiMiilan:
Hi there, if I may ask pls, what is your bro highest level of education? it is good you paid part of the school fees, you can use that to counter "purpose of visit". In your brother's SOP/LOE, you might have to explain what he intends to do after school. for the employment situation, your sponsor should state in a letter of introduction that he/she intends to sponsor your bro's education hence his unemployment. @Emmyirab

He finished highschool in 2012. He hasn't gotten any other degree since then.
Thanks very much for your contribution, we'll surely that!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2018
sleekysoft:

Hello, yes it is MUN. Are you also going there. The amount I paid is in support of my leaving expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tegipraise(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
God has answered my prayer for this response. Bro my email is Tegi4u@gmail.com. I earnestly expect your message. Thanks bro
jnyuwa02:

How have you been trying to contact me? Leave me your email here and I will get in touch with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
SO you mean you paid 10k CAD into your account, so your student account reflects 10000CAD?? well, they said funds for personal expense should not be transferred to student account.. so I guess deduct CAD 8k which is for your 2years.. from reading this forum i know your tuition plus 10000 proof for the first year. you got 10k funding plus your fees which is 14k CAD... you should be good ask the gurus
Jahluv:

Hello, yes it is MUN. Are you also going there. The amount I paid is in support of my leaving expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ken124: 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
Pls I know here is not the right place to ask this...

Pls is there anyone here that graduated from Unilag, successful applied for transcript...
I heard nasu is on strike... And there website isn't working either
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cherrychizzle: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
Good Day Friends!

Am new and would like your help.

Please can the gurus in the house help a sister out with a gift deed sample letter.Its urgent pls!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello, I think you can't use a non school reference letter. You can get in touch with few lecturers u have good relationship wit for a ref letter.
Or contact the school you are applying to for confirmation if its OK to use non school ref.
Hope dis help.

tayonani:
Hello house, my school in Canada ask for my references before my admission will be granted, but unfortunately,I can reach them cos am always busy at work ,can I use non school references?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Jahluv:
Hello Family,

Bro I am with you on this
We are going to same destination.
Are you for fall

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SeyiMiilan: 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
please state this in the SOP, you can also explain what he has been from 2012 till now so the 'purpose of visit' can be clarified. in his sop, he can talk about his aspiration to be so so and so and he is focused on achieving that even if it might take time. All the best @Emmyirab
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Orlarshaynee: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello, I am about applying to Manitoba for the same course as you (Msc Agribusiness and Agric Econs), I want to know how you wrote your biographical sketch, I just need a format because I think this is different from personal stamens. Thanks
Phocusjosh:
Good evening every one. Its been a while though I have been reading the thread from pages to pages. Mehn.....the more you read, the more you discover how stupid you have been.
My advise to newbies is to read everything on this thread religiously, you are really doing yourself a huge favor.

I got accepted by University of Manitoba last year to study MSc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics for winter but got delayed in October based on the fact that that I was unable to satisfy the Visa Officer that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay based on purpose of visit, limited employment prospects in my country of residence, my current employment situation, my personal assets and financial status.

I was not really cleared on those reasons because I thought I put in a strong application so I ordered for my GCMSnote which state "pa completed a university degree in home country and has been following a career since. Now wishes to study for a Master's degree at University of Manitoba in order to enhance career prospects. Cost of studies is rather significant in light of pa's/family financial situation and am not satisfied that any possible increase in income in future would justify such significant expense. Studies to be supported by parents. There is no indication that pa's parents are or were gainfully employed. am not satisfied that pa's ties to home country are sufficient to compel pa to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay and that motivation to study is genuine. am not satisfied that pa's career prospect in home country justify pa's stated motivation and that the plan described in pa's submission is sound. am not satisfied that motivation is genuine. Refused.

After getting this I deferred my admission to fall 2018 hoping to apply early this year. In the bid of tackling all the reasons for denials, I have to logically explain how my courses I studied at BSc relates my aspired course for MSc. I studied Agricultural Extension and Rural Development which is under the department of Agricultural Economics and Extension at my University. I have to highlight all agribusiness and Agricultural Economics courses I took that motivated me to put in for such course on my Transcript. I graduated in July 2016 and I my NYSC spanned from January 2017 to December 2017, luckily for me, my PPA is an Agribusiness firm (International Trade) and worked as an the executive assistant to the general manager. I have a registered agribusiness firm which has only done one transaction, not really high profit, just used my company name to get LPO from my PPA to supply them with cashew nuts as a broker.

Secondly, current employment situation. I initially used my offer letter as the executive assistant to the GM and ID card but had no pay slip because the firm only transfer my salary at the end of the month to my account or sometimes issues cheque. Now, I'm retained after my NYSC as the Executive Assistant to the Executive Chairman (MD), ID hasn't been changed, the annual salary on my prior application is the same in my new offer letter which will take effect from this month, hope the V.O won't be concerned about this the pay?, should I stick to the prior offer letter? I just need to get this straight... I will also get a letter of introduction from my company and the general manager(direct boss)

Thirdly, limited employment prospects in my country of residence. During my previous application I made use of my company memorandum of association with no cac certificate and tax clearance. Now, I plan to make use of my company's CAC certificate, tax clearance, the LPO I got, company's profile. I spoke to my boss about getting a study leave or offer letter after my studies, she agreed but my concern is; is it logical to get a study leave after working for one year and 9 months? Does it make sense to issue offer letter for 2years studies? like I will return to the firm after my studies in 2020 to work as a Business Development Analyst, should the annual salary for that position be stated?

Fourthly, my personal assets and financial status. My account balance is around 200k plus, reason I didn't make use of it in my first application since my dad is my sole sponsor. Is that amount okay? My only asset for now is my company documents, can my dad's landed documents sufficiently play this role? In addition to my home tie are my siblings birth certificate, we don't bear the same surname (very complicated). I don't even know how to clarify this because it will lead to another wahala, that's why I'm somehow silent about it. I just included their names on the CIC family form.

Lastly, Father (Sponsor’s) Employment Status. I only submitted his salary review in 2015 (14.4M annual salary), He owns two companies which he make use to generate funds. Family business (real estate) and engineering consultancy services. I hope to include both CAC documents and tax clearances to clarify that facts. made use of his two account statement; he paid a deposit of $3,000 from his sterling account with balance of 2M plus (inflow is 15M and outflow is 12M) and his RSA Stanbic account with current value of 18M plus as at august last year.

N.B: My tuition for the first year is CAD$10,200, I got IGES of $5400. I am left to pay CAD$4,800 for first year and CAD$750 for 2nd year. I paid $3,000 and I'm left with $1,800.

I hope to get UMGF worth $14,000 (I'm qualified based on my CGPA); do you advise I chill till I get it before reapplying or reapply now. I recently applied to University of Saskatchewan hoping to get the department funding worth $20,000 cad yearly.

I'm confused on when to apply...

Your honest opinions please......
God bless you immensely.
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST, I hope someone will learn from it. wink wink wink

@thesoj @justwise @hayqinsbFX @seiraries @maziude @Austinpee4 @Frankrobbn1 @wealth360 @yemdogg @jnyuwa02 @nogen and any other guru that can help clarify my questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eja4uu: 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
Anike22:

Thank you guys.
What I did differently was that this time I applied online instead of paper and also I attached a letter from a lawyer explaining and defending and tackling all the refusal reasons with excuses. I would share fully when I get my passport back and all.

pls kindly maill me on kenny4uu@gmail.com I av some thngs 2 ask. thnk u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmyirab(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
SeyiMiilan:
please state this in the SOP, you can also explain what he has been from 2012 till now so the 'purpose of visit' can be clarified. in his sop, he can talk about his aspiration to be so so and so and he is focused on achieving that even if it might take time. All the best @Emmyirab
Alright, we'll do that
Thanks alot man!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bostem: 4:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
Please, I got admission in canada and to resume by May but i'm yet to submit my visa application because the SOA I want to use is a guardians own with 8m closing bal and then support with my dad's land papers to show a form of support and consent. My tuition for a year is approx. 4000CAD. Please can I continue with the application or Should I get a new SOA to make it stronger? Help a confused fellow cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bostem: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
Please was it made compulsory to pay the 10,000CAD? what course pls?
sleekysoft:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aijayvee(f): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone! Please I need someone in University of Alberta. I'm in McGill University. I have an urgent inquiry to make. Kindly respond. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Bostem:
Please, I got admission in canada and to resume by May but i'm yet to submit my visa application because the SOA I want to use is a guardians own with 8m closing bal and then support with my dad's land papers to show a form of support and consent. My tuition for a year is approx. 4000CAD. Please can I continue with the application or Should I get a new SOA to make it stronger? Help a confused fellow cry

Why does your guardian want to sponsor you,? how many dependent does your guardian have? the source of his income, is there continuity? Do you have a better chance of getting someone who is family or close relative? just so you know, your tuition per year would be approximately 1.2mil per year. your living cost would be approximately 3mil per year.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by owhizkid: 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
I promise to give back to the society through this forum if I'm helped and I succeed.

I intend applying for a student visa in Canada. The school I teach is willing to act as my sponsor.

I'm a graduate of science education ( physics option)
I have a 2.1
I intend to do an MSC. Program or PGD depending on how my gp will be graded by WES.

I'm yet to get a school ooo ( help is needed) though I will love an extremely cheap school offering an education course or any other.

That's d first stage. Once I'm done with this stage, I'll speak out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Good day sirs and MA,

Plz who have somebody schooling in Concordia University, I want to ask directly from such person about my CGPA of 2.86 out 5.0 in my B. Engineering in mechanical ,, may be it can guaranteed me for master of engineering in mechanical, or in industrial or in quality management .

Advise I want to apply this week, I sent message to graduate school / program coordinator they are only sending me link.

But when I did my CGPA calculations with WES online by myself with the last two years of my result as in part 4 and part 5 , I got 3.0 , does this stand a good chance for applying since in my overall I did not have second class upper 2.1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HapiNna: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Good evening house,
Please I need your advice. I have a CGPA of 4.4/5.0.

When converted to Canadian scale it's 3.65/4.0.

I studied electronics Engineering. I am looking for full scholarship and I've mailed more than 50 professors from various schools but no positive response.

I don't know whether it will be wise for me to go on and apply to schools without getting a supervisor's consent bearing in mind that the application period for fall session will end by 31St January.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stevie010: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello, I need help cry
I'm in need of an advise,
I got approved on the 11th this month (paper route)
I tracked my passport later and I saw that it has been dispatched on the 17th to VAC but didn't see "ready for collection" something similar then I tracked it again today I saw it has been dispatched on the 22th which was Monday?! How?! Why did that change? Why was it dispatched twice? Is this normal? What should I do now cause am really confused

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aijayvee(f): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
Stevie010:
Hello, I need help cry
I tracked my passport later and I saw that it has been dispatched on the 17th to VAC but didn't see "ready for collection" something similar then I tracked it again today I saw it has been dispatched on the 22th which was Monday?! How?! Why did that change? Why was it dispatched twice? Is this normal? What should I do now cause am really confused

Thanks.
yes. you will get it. Happened to me too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stevie010: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello, I need help

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stevie010: 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
aijayvee:

yes. you will get it. Happened to me too.

Seriously?
But do you have an idea when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aijayvee(f): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
Stevie010:

Seriously?
But do you have an idea when?
check by Friday or Monday, it would be there. don't rem but I experienced it and it was just 3 days apart or so. Relax and congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
Plz good ahead and apply to both M. Eng and MASc at lest 3 school, forget scholarships it may come or not but get admission first after you can sought out school fees, my advise because of time,

HapiNna:
Good evening house,
Please I need your advice. I have a CGPA of 4.4/5.0.

When converted to Canadian scale it's 3.65/4.0.

I studied electronics Engineering. I am looking for full scholarship and I've mailed more than 50 professors from various schools but no positive response.

I don't know whether it will be wise for me to go on and apply to schools without getting a supervisor's consent bearing in mind that the application period for fall session will end by 31St January.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HapiNna: 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
olugere:

Plz good ahead and apply to both M. Eng and MASc at lest 3 school, forget scholarships it may come or not but get admission first after you can sought out school fees, my advise because of time,

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
Plz do you know 1 year master of engineering in canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.