Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830584 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
MICHV1:
I am not harsh, don't get it twisted but it is bitter to see people heart-broken just because they are ignorant that other good countries exist. When I was very active on this thread, i know many who took into consideration when I preached about Germany, they embraced the opportunity, worked toward it and they are happy studying and making euros there. if Canada isn't giving people what they wished for, please spread your tentacles. I know many who have made it to Australia, USA and Germany that are from this Canada thread then which is where they started this journey. Don't get blind-folded

By the way how far with your case? Having sacrificed yourself (much thanks) upon the altar of TRV application made outside of country of residence without legal status there, you were suppose to return to Nigeria and apply legally. How far?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
mcobex:
What is wrong is stated BOLDLY na. Well sorry for the delay, try and order your gcms note to know the exact reason(s) behind it but while you do that kindly share your profile here so people can see and give their views

You really think that was the problem, am i suppose to go for medical if i already had insufficient fund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Omoarukheo:

Hi
I recently got admission to University of Windsor, about to apply for visa.
What’s up?

Thanks for your response, want to know if your admission was conditional and if you are required to make any mandatory payment before applying for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Josh1996:
Bro, did u require having a supervisor before applying for their master's program

No,I actually applied for M.Eng. But know if it is applicable to other course of study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by shaddy1k: 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
[quote author=Austinpee4 post=65496331]

ok, thank you for the information Austinpee4. Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
pheebe:

You really think that was the problem, am i suppose to go for medical if i already had insufficient fund.
I don't get your point, but going for medical doesn't guarantee you trv. Medical is just a phase just like background check, funds..... Just like I said earlier, order for your hand note to get full view of what happened but share your profile here while at it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
Darasimiolu:
Good afternoon, any University Of Toronto aspirant or applicant in the house?

Me! Still waiting to hear from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
sogima:

Thanks for your response, want to know if your admission was conditional and if you are required to make any mandatory payment before applying for visa
Windsor’s tuition is on the high side and they often require you to make a deposit to get you fully admitted and get an unconditional letter for visa app.
I experienced this a few months back.

Goodluck anyways!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
sogima:

Hi,
The only conditions attached were sending my transcripts and they gave an option of bringing it in a sealed envelope myself (deadline is dec 1 2018), they also asked for submission of study permit on arrival, yes there is a mandatory payment of 6,000 $ to keep your seat and it would be applied to your tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Darasimiolu(f): 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Bright9412:

Nice. You must have a very strong CGPA for opting for direct entry into PhD. Did you secure a potential supervisor?
4.73....Yes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Heimdall: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good day everyone!

I am conducting a surey on the usability of Canadian websites and would appreciate if you can take time out to fill this 1-minute survey for me.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TVRC5B7

Please note that it is only restricted to people that have visited websites of Canadian Universities, some time in their lives.

Thank you very much! grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
Guys, I am in the process of applying for my visa online and I'm a bit confused about something. I received full funding from the Canadian University I applied to, which was outlined in my admission offer. On the application form, what document should I upload in the field for "Proof of means of Financial Support"? Do I just upload my admission offer letter? I'm confused because there is a separate field for "Letter of Acceptance", which means that I will be uploading my admission offer letter twice. I just want to know how people who have applied for trv with funding from their school dealt with this situation.

PS: I will also include my SOA in my application, at least to show the VO I will have sufficient funds to cover my flight and other expenses before I land in Canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
Its true @michV.....its gud to be positive about life but then...its funny seeing ppl get rejected twice n still planning to go the 3 rd tym...yet this person could av statement showing above 50mlln balance..whereas Germany bids just roughly 4mll,USA gives lot of funding,n so on...plus we can always still migrate tru express entry n so on..after ur MSC in other countries....someone does a PGD of 2 yrs in Canada n hopes to after d PGD start MSC (which was the original plan but maybe low GPA wahala)...thats like 3 yrs plus prayers to get TRV with PGD sef...meanwhile you can run 1.5 yrs MSC in USA with funding sef if u write GRE or GMAT n blast it..n u then work for sometime n later port to Canada....

Am not discouraging ppl,but am just being real..even Ireland MSC is one ur,gets 2 yrs work permit..u work n study n earn in euro ,a currency higher than cad..u save ur money,work a year or 2 save money port to Canada...Plus I rarely see applicants of these countries fret so much over visa unlike Canada...in fact Germany is 80% sure...

Success to all...but me too lime Canada sha oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
true @michV.....its gud to be positive about life but then...its funny seeing ppl get rejected twice n still planning to go the 3 rd tym...yet this person could av statement showing above 50mlln balance..whereas Germany bids just roughly 4mll,USA gives lot of funding,n so on...plus we can always still migrate tru express entry n so on..after ur MSC in other countries....someone does a PGD of 2 yrs in Canada n hopes to after d PGD start MSC (which was the original plan but maybe low GPA wahala)...thats like 3 yrs plus prayers to get TRV with PGD sef...meanwhile you can run 1.5 yrs MSC in USA with funding sef if u write GRE or GMAT n blast it..n u then work for sometime n later port to Canada....

Am not discouraging ppl,but am just being real..even Ireland MSC is one ur,gets 2 yrs work permit..u work n study n earn in euro ,a currency higher than cad..u save ur money,work a year or 2 save money port to Canada...Plus I rarely see applicants of these countries fret so much over visa unlike Canada...in fact Germany is 80% sure...

Success to all...but me too lime Canada sha oooo grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
Olajide000:
thank you very much but i was denied not delayed and the reason was that they believe i would nt be able to fund without working the cost of my study, maintaining my self and cost of transportation for my self and dependent although i have none. im not sure i know what the gcms note is but that was the reason i was given for denial when i picked my pasport up. Also i opted for PGD bus admin and my B.sc is in HRM. the program is for 2 years, 3 study terms and 1 term for internship, 6000 Cad was paid which is first semester tuition fees, my sponsors provided bank statements and proof of ownership for landed properties, they are willing to pay the full cost of the tuition if that would help. Sorry i just signed up today im not sure how im to share my profile Thank You

Paying one year tuition and your sponsor pushing 10,000 Cad to your personal account should suffice. Although as advised order for your GCMS note (it’s a document you request for from Canadian embassy that gives detailed reasons for your denial) it will help you prepare better for your next application.

Sharing your profile means telling the house your age, work experience if any...basically listing out all the documents you submitted in your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bodmillz: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Darasimiolu:

4.73....Yes

Niceee. I pray they get back to us soon with acceptance letter..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Darasimiolu(f): 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
Bodmillz:

Amen....what course did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Darasimiolu(f): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Bodmillz:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bodmillz: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
Darasimiolu:

It’s bright sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
Moley22:

Windsor’s tuition is on the high side and they often require you to make a deposit to get you fully admitted and get an unconditional letter for visa app.
I experienced this a few months back.

Goodluck anyways!

Thanks
Does it mean we can’t apply for visa till the mandatory is paid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
Omoarukheo:

Hi,
The only conditions attached were sending my transcripts and they gave an option of bringing it in a sealed envelope myself (deadline is dec 1 2018), they also asked for submission of study permit on arrival, yes there is a mandatory payment of 6,000 $ to keep your seat and it would be applied to your tuition

Yes I saw that, but must that be paid before applying for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
jnyuwa02:

They do? In 3 minutes? My friend's documents were not even looked at. It was all handed to them during the interview. They only perused the documents and handed it back to him. They asked him questions and in less than three minutes, he was denied. The same thing I hear from other applicants who were denied or approved. They have special cases where if they want to grant you but have questions about your documents, they withhold them for administrative review. This is the only sets that are verified from the best of my knowledge. Regardless, this should not even be a subject matter of discussion here in my opinion, if people just simply obeyed the rules and submit authentic stuff.

If there is a question mark about documents you presented they will withhold those documents and passport and put you under AR to run a check on them. This is not the same as saying they don't verify anything.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
sogima:

Yes I saw that, but must that be paid before applying for visa

Well to be on the safe side, I’ll advise you to pay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PayBoyXclusives(m): 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
Hello please any experienced person or you have an idea, Kindly tell me. After securing an admission, study permit visa. What is required of you in the port of entry when you arrive Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cindelinc: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Hello guys,
Thanks for all the support we give on this thread.
I have a unique situation,
I recently got a letter of acceptance to a 2yr diploma program(co-op)in project mgt to resume this Oct 2018 in canada. I have an B.eng with 1 yr work experience in logistics.
My challenge for visa application is the financial statement. My dad is actually the sponsor but he works as a contractor for construction project. His bank statement is quite spiky because he doesn't do bank loan, he only uses his savings to do projects.
I have paid for the ist term fees already and the balance for tuition will be in my dom account before month end. I want to use my dad's cousin who works with the UN and a US international organization as a sponsor to cover living cost because he has a better financial record.
Please what is the best course of action to take ?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AyoPrudence(m): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
Please, I need an expertise help to review my SOP? Please how do I get in touch?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
Darasimiolu:

4.73....Yes

4.73 in Master's or B.Sc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olajide000: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
okay thanks, i think its better i request for te GCMS note( please how do i go about it), i am 22, finished service November 2016 and i have been working with the House of Assembly since then but i dd not include that in my application cause i am a contract staff and it would not show strong ties back to the country, so i got instead i got an employment letter, Id card and leave letter from my uncles real estate firm to show ties things i submitted
1.All the embassy forms
2.Letter of Intent from me
2. Letter of Sponsorship from parents
3. Their Bank Statements 10M fixed in my dads account but we ddnt include the letter evidence( negligence from dad, he has gotten it now) but there was still a balance of 7 M combined in both their accounts
4. Evidence of landed properties
5. LOA from Langara College
6. Receipt of the payment of 6000 CAD
7. Nysc, B.sc, Waec, Birth Certificates
8. Passport with travel experience to both the Uk and US
9. Employment letter, Id card, Letter of Leave from my work place
10. Passport data Page of both Sponsors
11. Mums 6 months payslip
12. Police report
thats all i submitted with my prayers, Please any Advice or Comments would be very much accepted
OFFICIALAEL:

Paying one year tuition and your sponsor pushing 10,000 Cad to your personal account should suffice. Although as advised order for your GCMS note (it’s a document you request for from Canadian embassy that gives detailed reasons for your denial) it will help you prepare better for your next application.

Sharing your profile means telling the house your age, work experience if any...basically listing out all the documents you submitted in your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Darasimiolu(f): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
Slik07:

4.73 in Master's or B.Sc?
Bsc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by classicaldon(m): 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good evening house

I actually thought about paying some part of my tuition fees before applying for the visa but after paying my acceptance of 1000 CAD which was about 304k due to bank rate (excluding bank charges) instead of 272k (about 30k difference) as at the date of payment. I've decided not to pay the tuition fees yet but to just leave the money in the bank and apply for the visa with the bank statement.
from my calculation, paying a fee of about 10,000 CAD may also cost me an excess of about 300k (which is already above 1000 CAD) excluding bank charges - I just can't dash my bank 300k. I don't know how this affects my chances.

secondly, I have a bsc in Microbiology but I'm going for an undergraduate diploma in Practical Nursing. I applied for admission using my waec cert, I know the embassy would require me to show my transcripts for my bsc but my school doesn't give it out.
I tried speaking with one of the staff at exams and records in my school and she said she can't help, that if I really need it, I should come see the registrar - that's a long process.
my question now is should I just tender my bsc cert and use the waiver form to indicate why I can't attach my transcripts?¿?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
classicaldon:
Good evening house

I actually thought about paying some part of my tuition fees before applying for the visa but after paying my acceptance of 1000 CAD which was about 304k due to bank rate (excluding bank charges) instead of 272k (about 30k difference) as at the date of payment. I've decided not to pay the tuition fees yet but to just leave the money in the bank and apply for the visa with the bank statement.
from my calculation, paying a fee of about 10,000 CAD may also cost me an excess of about 300k (which is already above 1000 CAD) excluding bank charges - I just can't dash my bank 300k. I don't know how this affects my chances.

secondly, I have a bsc in Microbiology but I'm going for an undergraduate diploma in Practical Nursing. I applied for admission using my waec cert, I know the embassy would require me to show my transcripts for my bsc but my school doesn't give it out.
I tried speaking with one of the staff at exams and records in my school and she said she can't help, that if I really need it, I should come see the registrar - that's a long process.
my question now is should I just tender my bsc cert and use the waiver form to indicate why I can't attach my transcripts?¿?

classicaldon,

If your school don't require a tuition deposit you can have the funds in your personal account, after successful review of your application a payment of tuition may be required by the Canadian high commission as proof of your finances before issuance of a visa.

Second question - You can submit only your Bsc certificate, you don't need a waiver form here.

Finally you need to tender a compelling reasons(SOP) to why you opted out for a second degree that is no way related to your previous studies. Why not go for a MSc degree to show progression.

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:

If there is a question mark about documents you presented they will withhold those documents and passport and put you under AR to run a check on them. This is not the same as saying they don't verify anything.

Semantics! We are saying the same thing Mr. Justwise! We have both said they verify only when they withhold for Administarive Review.

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.