Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830596 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cindelinc: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
Thank you very much Frank, You've been very helpful let me give it a try.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jamess2018: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
saucepan:

Why go for another Masters, I suggest going for a PhD.
It's hard to get Phd offer, most of them suggest(the Profs) i should applied first for their master before considering phd schloarship, because they do have their current international student who already has shown interest in doing phd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
iRealZeal:
Good Evening everyone, My name is Kunle and have been silently following this thread as a guest, I applaud you all for the useful information.
I did my Medical at Children's practice on January 29 2018 and have not heard anything from the embassy. Friends who did their medical after me have been granted their TRV, I mailed them but all they said is 'They're Still working on it.' I'm worried, just using Faith to put myself together now. Pls anyone experiencing such or has experienced such in the past?
Thanks in advance.

When did you submit your visa application and for which term?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
Good evening great people, to all the gurus in the house "respect sir(ma)".
I am really in need of assistance, I am dying in silence. I have been trying to apply for masters admission to Canada for the past 2 years which has proof abortive. 2018 fall session seems to be going again still NO admission.

I have been getting it all wrong. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering (B.Eng) CGPA 4.01 &
I have two years experience in drilling.

I am intending to start all over again. I want to apply for Masters in Mechanical engineering for winter 2019 session.
I am requesting that gurus in the house should pls..... come to my aid by helping me to proofread & review my SOP & CV
pls.... kindly help a brother @Silk07, @Austinpee4, @Frankrobbn1, @mcobex, @Jnyuwa02
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
mcobex:
How many years program? if more than a year, what is the tuition for the 2nd year?
2 years program. The school advised him to budget for 650 per course,He is to take 12 courses.He has credited the school account with 8,700cad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
Prudento:

When did you submit your visa application and for which term?
Submitted application on Thursday 7th December 2017, paper route. Did Medical on 29th January 2018. Applying for Student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by khoj: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
Pls can a company sponsor one ....a company that's not any of the oil magnets in Nigeria. The company have me every document needed.....they have sponsored pple to UK n other countries but not Canada. The account balance is heavy both in naira n dollars.

Canada dia wahala plenty......Pls urgent reply. I want to submit my application before d end of this week at Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
Chuks and Real.Z I thank you guys for ur response. One love.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
emmy4Gold:
I am really in need of assistance, I am dying in silence. I have been trying to apply for masters admission to Canada for the past 2 years which has proof abortive. 2018 fall session seems to be going again still NO admission.

I have been getting it all wrong. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering (B.Eng) CGPA 4.01 &

I am intending to start all over again. I want to apply for Masters in Mechanical engineering for winter 2019 session.
I am requesting that gurus in the house should pls..... come to my aid by helping me to proofread & review my SOP & CV. my e-mail: emmyade4010@gmail.com
pls.... kindly help a brother @Silk07, @Austinpee4, @Frankrobbn1, @mcobex, @Jnyuwa02

Your CGPA is good enough! Maybe you've been doing something wrong.

Did you use academic referees or professional referees for your LOR?

Which did you apply for: course-based or Thesis-based? Pls Pm me and send your CV/SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
khoj:
Pls can a company sponsor one ....a company that's not any of the oil magnets in Nigeria. The company have me every document needed.....they have sponsored pple to UK n other countries but not Canada. The account balance is heavy both in naira n dollars.

Canada dia wahala plenty......Pls urgent reply. I want to submit my application before d end of this week at Lagos.

Yes, they can, as long as they show real commitment: prove to the VO why they want to spend such a huge amount of money on you. Pay your tuition fee and living expense. Show proof that paying for other years wont be a problem to them etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
emmy4Gold:

I am requesting that gurus in the house should pls..... come to my aid by helping me to proofread & review my SOP & CV

Do u follow the golden practice of speaking with supervisors first, securing one before applying? If u first secure a supervisor ur application cannot be denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
iRealZeal:
Submitted application on Thursday 7th December 2017, paper route. Did Medical on 29th January 2018. Applying for Student visa.

Although your guys have gotten their responses already, I feel your application is not too delayed yet. Some applications take 4-5 months. Are u going summer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
iRealZeal:
I could be wrong, I believe it's better to use someone who bares same surname with you as your sponsor, however related. I stand to be corrected.

ChuksEbube:

I feel involving your uncle in Canada means shooting yourself on d foot. Giving them the impression that you have a relative there ain't gonna help, cos they'll feel u already have ties to Canada. Just my thoughts though:::::: I could be wrong too

You both have spoken well iRealZeal and ChuksEbube.

Cc: Asapant,

I agree with ChuksEbube don't use someone in Canada as a sponsor it will jeopardize your application. Also as iRealZeal has just said its better you use someone who bears the same family name with you, this makes your application strong, because visa officers value family sponsorship than a third party. But not withstanding, it's better you source for another sponspor based in Nigeria not the one in Canada and make sure he/she that is going to stand as your sponsor pays up your tuition fees and get funds in your dorm account. You also need to present a rational explanation to why this person is sponsporing you to Canada other than Nigeria where you can acquire such course at a cheaper rate. Your sponsor needs to draft a convincing letter of support, stating why he decides to spend so much on you, mention his depanadants and write convincingly that sponsporing your studies in Canada won't tend to a burden to his family, business, and personal life, he also needs to state that all financial obligations will be meet during your stay in Canada and the probability of future funding will be available to you for the subsquent years during your studies in Canada. Lastly your sponsor should also state what he stands to achieve after financing/spending so much for your studies in Canada.

Please Note: I'm not saying its impossible to get your application approved with a Canadian sponspor but to be honest with you the chances of getting such application approved is extremely slim, you have to establish strong ties here in Nigeria before such application can scale through.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
cindelinc:
Thank you very much Frank,
You've been very helpful
let me give it a try.

All the best cindelinc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=Slik07 post=65537661]
Thank you very much senior bros

Your CGPA is good enough! Maybe you've been doing something wrong. : yes sir

Did you use academic referees or professional referees for your LOR? : academic referees

Which did you apply for: course-based or Thesis-based? Pls Pm me and send your CV/SOP.

my last application was M.Eng, course based
I have sent the pm sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmy4Gold: 10:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=Prudento post=65537889]

Do u follow the golden practice of speaking with supervisors first, securing one before applying? If u first secure a supervisor ur application cannot be denied.

No I have n't tried that, I will do that this time around.
Thanks I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
Prudento:

Na wa ooh!! If you obtain supervisor is not a guarantee for admission. In schools that demand so, all prospective students are asked to get supervisors. It's from that pool of all students who got supervisors that the admission office chooses its small pool of admittance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
emmy4Gold:

Your thesis proposal might be weak that is why no supervisor have taken you on. How you approach them also matters. An interesting informal letter before sending your thesis proposal is the order of business. There are even school that do not need you to first obtain supervisors. You can apply directly to those schools. Your Grades are good, but admission is not only about grades. Get outstanding recommendations and write an outstanding thesis proposal. I am sure if you cover the mentioned grounds, someone out there will give you the nudge. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 1:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Pls house help me out this is my second refusal gcms note what are the next step for me to take so I won't get refuse for the 3rd time again

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 1:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Pls house help me out this is my second refusal gcms note what are the next step for me to take so I won't get refuse for the 3rd time again

CC

@MICHV1,@Austinpee4,@Nogen,@jnyuwa02,@frankrobbn1 help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omogirl18: 4:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Pls anyone one got inadmissable to canada with tgeir visa application..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 7:00am On Mar 04, 2018
Happy Sunday all

@all gurus ..@@Silk07, @Austinpee4, @Frankrobbn1, @mcobex, @Jnyuwa02

Please lets say one does a one year or 45 weeks PGD in accounting or graduate advanced certificate in accountin in fanshawe n Seneca college.....and after like one month got an entry level job in a company/bank ...can the person apply for extension of work permit to get additional years to work and process PR ....

THANK U........TRV now 9 weeks....one day it will be 1 week like Germany own.....AMEENNNNNNNNNN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by annaliese88: 8:31am On Mar 04, 2018
Hello House,

I would be grateful if I can have my questions answered.

I have all my funds in fixed deposit. Most of the deposits were made like 6months ago and a few were made like a month and 3 months ago. My question is; Do I have to submit my FD in a statement of account format and explain how I came about all the deposits from last 6months, or should I just submit the FD investment certificate which would just state the total amount I have in the account?

Secondly, I am not very clear about the difference between referring to someone as a sponsor or just saying what they gave you is a gift deed, in the instance where they only gave you some amount of money into your account and wont be giving you any other funds.

I would appreciate some responses. I was rejected last year and my gcms note states that I made lumpsum deposits of unknown origin. So I am being very careful with my prove of finances this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 9:21am On Mar 04, 2018
Prudento:

Although your guys have gotten their responses already, I feel your application is not too delayed yet. Some applications take 4-5 months. Are u going summer?
Yes, by May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nacos: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2018
Hello fellows, Please i will appreciate if anyone help me with this issue. If one is denied visa in one of the EU/Schengen countries (not UK), is it necessary revealing it in the Canadian Study visa application? I mean..., do Canadian immigration crosscheck/share bio information with EU/Schengen countries?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by unknown2410: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2018
hello everyone I need assistance urgently.

I applied for a masters program Development economics at University of northern Britain Columbia for the fall 2018 but I was rejected.
Reasons was my academic grade was too low for graduate program. Their minimum is b average (3.0).
I graduated with a 3.80 (second class upper).
I called the asking them to clarify & they responded with this below;

To answer your questions:
- We use a grade scale of 4.33 – not a 5 point scale.
- If your GPA is 3.80 on a 5 point scale, it converts to 2.80 on a 4.33 scale because your Grade C = 3 and our Grade C = 2.
5 point scale: 4.33 point scale:
B = 4 B = 3
C = 3 C = 2

Please help because I intend applying to Dalhousie , TRU & lakehead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bliss10: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2018
Hello everyone, kindly assist me.
Am currently doing my masters in Spain but going for exchange program in Canada for six months. My university here in Spain is paying for everything. I need to know the requirements for Canadian student visa.
Your Urgent response Will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Biakwa: 11:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Good day ladies and gentlemen in the house,

Please am in need of some clearification and what to takle while re-applying.

My brother is the sponsor to the wife that submitted her file and just exactly one month they mailed her to come collect her passport.

Reasons for rejection are below.

X Pursuant to Section 219 of the immigration and refugee protection regulation,I am not satisfied that you:

X have sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada,to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

X have sufficient and available financial resources,without working in Canada,to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

X have sufficient and available financial resources,without working in canada,to pay the cost of transporting yourself and the family members who are accompanying you to and from canada.

Gurus the point here is she is the only one going and not with any member as they stated.

The husband works in a bank with income of 4.5m anually.But presented a Treasury bills certificate worth over 12m and a fixed deposit certificate of 2.5m in the wife name.

They had earlier paid cad2,300 out of cad15,500 of the tuition fees for the one year program that is all.

Can they pick up another reason after they must have re-apply as they were scared they may pick travel history as she has not traveled before,and they have two kids already.

The gurus i please expect your advice and way to follow up on this regard.
This is a good forum i must say.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nacos: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2018
Please any idea weather they share bio information with EU/Schengen Countries? is it advisable to reveal EU/Schengen visa denial decision in subsequent Canadian study visa application? pls help a brother
jnyuwa02:

[color=#006600]If you search online for the bio data booklet governing the sharing of information between Canada and USA, you will know the level of the information been shared. Especially if you have lived in the USA or Canada m before, they share an astonishing depth of information about you. Practically everything. Even your visa application form at USA embassy they can request. They have the capacity to query each other's system and request specific forms manually if they are not satisfied with the result of automated query which only gives them only general bio data info. I don't know if this booklet is still online, but I downloaded it a year ago and have a hard copy. Say the truth and let the truth set you free.
[/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sarang(f): 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
Please anyone coming to Saskatoon anytime soon

PM Udahchidi@gmail.com

I need a cloth I forgot in Naija. You can ask for help too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sarang(f): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Bliss10:
Hello everyone, kindly assist me.
Am currently doing my masters in Spain but going for exchange program in Canada for six months. My university here in Spain is paying for everything. I need to know the requirements for Canadian student visa.
Your Urgent response Will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Six months or less no need for study permit but I think there is a need for an entry visa. Visit CIC page for more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.