Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830551 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2018
KlausMike:
I just called two panel physicians to book a medical appointment and was told I would need my international passport or a stamped scanned copy of my passport from the Canadian embassy. The challenge now is that I submitted my passport to vfs with my application and I wasn't sent any scanned copy.

Kindly advise on how I should proceed

it's easy. When u submitted your application @ vfs, a colored photocopy of your int'l passport data page was given to you, for what you would use to show as evidence before taking your passport after a final decision has bn made. Make another copy and take it for your medicals. Cheers, mate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
ChuksEbube:

it's easy. When u submitted your application @ vfs, a colored photocopy of your int'l passport data page was given to you, for what you would use to show as evidence before taking your passport after a final decision has bn made. Make another copy and take it for your medicals. Cheers, mate

God bless!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
KlausMike:

God bless!

You welcome, fam. To be on a safer side, go there with that white slip that was given to you @ vfs, alongside the coloured photocopy . JUST INCASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
KlausMike:
Good day everyone!

My study permit application on CIC website has been updated. I am to perform medical examination within 30 days. I submitted my application with vfs on the 31st of January 2018. Na God hand i dey at this point.

It will all end in praise! smiley

Does this indicate your visa has been approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Prudento:

I think you can't tell whether your TRV has bn approved or Nah, from your cic portal account. I think they'll only message you to go pick up your passport @ vfs(paper route applicants)pls o, if I'm wrong, someone correct me grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
ChuksEbube:

I think you can't tell whether your TRV has bn approved or Nah, from your cic portal account. I think they'll only message you to go pick up your passport @ vfs(paper route applicants)pls o, if I'm wrong, someone correct me grin grin

Okay u pick up your passport once you're called for medical test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cindelinc: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
Hello guys,

Pls I have a unique situation,
I recently got a letter of acceptance to a 2yr diploma program(co-op)in project mgt to resume this Oct 2018 in canada. I have an B.eng with 1 yr work experience in logistics.
My challenge for visa application is the financial statement. My dad is actually the sponsor but he works as a contractor for construction project. His bank statement is quite spiky because he doesn't do bank loan, he only uses his savings to do projects.
I have paid for the ist term fees already and the balance for tuition will be in my dom account before month end. I want to use my dad's cousin who works with the UN and a US international organization as a sponsor to cover living cost because he has a better financial record.
Please what is the best course of action to take ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
cindelinc:
Hello guys,

Pls I have a unique situation,
I recently got a letter of acceptance to a 2yr diploma program(co-op)in project mgt to resume this Oct 2018 in canada. I have an B.eng with 1 yr work experience in logistics.
My challenge for visa application is the financial statement. My dad is actually the sponsor but he works as a contractor for construction project. His bank statement is quite spiky because he doesn't do bank loan, he only uses his savings to do projects.
I have paid for the ist term fees already and the balance for tuition will be in my dom account before month end. I want to use my dad's cousin who works with the UN and a US international organization as a sponsor to cover living cost because he has a better financial record.
Please what is the best course of action to take ?

cindelinc,

How much is your dad available funds in his account and the number of dependants will determine if he can stand as your main sponsor or not.

Paying half tuition and having the remaining in your account to me makes no sense. Unless you have the remaining half tuition and living expenses in your dorm account not just having half tuition alone in your dorm account. Since you have the money pay up your full tuition to be on the safer side and endeavour to have funds for your living expenses in your dorm account, this will fly best.

You can use your dad's cousin who resides in the states as a co-sponsor, while doing this you have to establish a strong proof of relationship with him and having him show commitment towards financing your studies in Canada by either paying full tuition for you or transfer funds into your domicilary account(Which is very easy).

I don't knw if this give answers to your questions. If the information is not sufficient enough, feel free to ask questions.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Prudento:

After medicals, you will be emailed to pick up your passport from Vfs office once your visa has been approved (paper applicants). Or otherwise you will be asked to submit your passport once your TRV is granted (Online applicants)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Prudento:

Nah, dint say that. You're called to pick your passport after a final decision as bn made, I mean whether you're getting your trv or yeah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
KlausMike:
Good day everyone!

My study permit application on CIC website has been updated. I am to perform medical examination within 30 days. I submitted my application with vfs on the 31st of January 2018. Na God hand i dey at this point.

It will all end in praise! smiley
God is good...I pray he answers the rest of us that have hoped in HIM!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2018
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Hi Guys. It's been a little while I last commented here. I have questions regarding a friend's current situation.

She was recently offered admission into a masters program by the University of Alberta. This admission came with a funding of $21,000 and her tuition is $9,000.

The issue here is that the letter stated that the funding is for the first year. It also stated that funding for the next year is dependent on her satisfactory academic performance and also availability of funding!. That's the tricky part.

If she applies for TRV using full funding as her source of funds, it covers the first year but in the eyes of the VO, there's no guarantee that the second year is covered.

How does she tackle this issue considering that she doesn't in any way have funds or have family members with funds to sponsor her?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
KlausMike:

Will they collect the copy I've got?
Yes they will, print out the medical form and take along

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2018
Prudento:

No but it's a good sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olalekank(m): 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
kylexy61:

I visited their MSc Computer Science website and it appears they don't.
http://eecs.lassonde.yorku.ca/course/computer-science-msc/

"Upon acceptance as a Candidate to the M.Sc. program, the Candidate will be assigned an Academic Advisor who will advise the Candidate with respect to the degree requirements and assist with the Candidate’s selection of a Thesis or Project Supervisor"

Try and contact the graduate program admin. They will be in the best position to help you.
Thanks bruh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gurus in the house, please assist on the below.

A friend of mine want to submit his application this month but worry on below issue.

He has paid all the tution fees, and have closing balance of 6m in his account.

Being a self spouse,he is contemplating if he could go ahead and apply with 6m plus as closing balance.

Please advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
House please a quick question. Does CIC have access to provinces websites? A friend is applying for provincial nomination and also applying for study permit. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
honeyscottage:
Gurus in the house, please assist on the below.

A friend of mine want to submit his application this month but worry on below issue.

He has paid all the tution fees, and have closing balance of 6m in his account.

Being a self spouse,he is contemplating if he could go ahead and apply with 6m plus as closing balance.

Please advice.
How many years program? if more than a year, what is the tuition for the 2nd year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
gbemiigbal:
House please a quick question. Does CIC have access to provinces websites? A friend is applying for provincial nomination and also applying for study permit. Thanks
They do but dual intent shouldn't be a problem, though I saw someone's gcms note and the vo referenced the applicant's EE as part of the reasons for denial (but I feel maybe cos he had other baggage that's why the vo brought his EE into the picture)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dislat: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
loveson:
Good day Gurus in the house.

If one is accepted in Express Entry Pool and Job Bank, would it affect the approval of the Study Permit Visa?

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by swisster: 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
KlausMike:

Will they collect the copy I've got?

They just need the photocopy. make sure ur photocopy is clear then u are gud to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
dislat,

That GCMS Note you just uploaded is misleading and discouraging to applicants having dual intent.
Having dual intent is legitmate , it might be that the applicant in question failed to convince the visa officer that he/she will leave Canada after his/her authorized stay on their study permit application that was why the issue of having several EE was raised. The applicant in question might just want to apply for a study permit without a convincing SOP to why he/she is going for studies or all in the name of "LET ME TRY MY LUCK AND SEE " since they already have EE profile and decide not to apply with a packaged visa application.

Study permit and EE application are both unique and as such treated differently without both application colliding with each other.

Please find the Attachment from CIC webpage, I believe it will go a long way in addressing the issue of having dual intent.

If the above information is incorrect or misleading, please someone should quote me wrong with a genuine proof.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
loveson:
Good day Gurus in the house.

If one is accepted in Express Entry Pool and Job Bank, would it affect the approval of the Study Permit Visa?

Thanks

Be guided properly Loveson.
While having an active EE profile, and decide to apply for a study permit, make sure you convince the visa officer that you also have passion (A genuine student) to study in Canada and you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay. Having dual intent doesn't pose to have an effect to both applications.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dkosu(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
Wow! How did she get the funding?
Lemia:
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Hi Guys. It's been a little while I last commented here. I have questions regarding a friend's current situation.

She was recently offered admission into a masters program by the University of Alberta. This admission came with a funding of $21,000 and her tuition is $9,000.

The issue here is that the letter stated that the funding is for the first year. It also stated that funding for the next year is dependent on her satisfactory academic performance and also availability of funding!. That's the tricky part.

If she applies for TRV using full funding as her source of funds, it covers the first year but in the eyes of the VO, there's no guarantee that the second year is covered.

How does she tackle this issue considering that she doesn't in any way have funds or have family members with funds to sponsor her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cindelinc: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65527359]

Thanks alot Frank,
My dad has a closing Bal of 10m in his a/c and has 2 dependents.

So, I should get my dad's cousin to transfer the 2 yrs living costs 20k CAD (6m) to my account; this will fly right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
cindelinc

Good! Let your father pay up your first year tuition fees and add documents to evident his source of income, whilst your dad's cousin transfers your living expenses into your dorm account. What is required here is first year living expenses and tuition fees, but if your uncle can transfer for the 2 years as you have just said.... It's still okay. But if he can't he should transfer just the 10KCAD for your first year living expenses.

Edited: Please endeavor to indicate your father as the main sponsor, while your uncle as a co-sponspor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
See what I just saw ooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
adesbaba:
See what I just saw ooo

Processing time has been reduced? shocked sweet!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
Good evening bosses with due respect.vv I need an advise from you guys.

My Dad isn't having a good amount to sponsor me. However he thought of using his brother in Canada as my Co sponsors. (my uncle). Apparently We all bear same surname.. Or he should use his close friend whom has a very good fund in his account..

Help a brother guys. I'll appreciate your quick response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
Good Evening everyone, My name is Kunle and have been silently following this thread as a guest, I applaud you all for the useful information.
I did my Medical at Children's practice on January 29 2018 and have not heard anything from the embassy. Friends who did their medical after me have been granted their TRV, I mailed them but all they said is 'They're Still working on it.' I'm worried, just using Faith to put myself together now. Pls anyone experiencing such or has experienced such in the past?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
Asapant:

My Dad isn't having a good amount to sponsor me. However he thought of using his brother in Canada as my Co sponsors. (my uncle). Apparently We all bear same surname.. Or he should use his close friend whom has a very good fund in his account..

I could be wrong, I believe it's better to use someone who bares same surname with you as your sponsor, however related. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
Asapant:

I feel involving your uncle in Canada means shooting yourself on d foot. Giving them the impression that you have a relative there ain't gonna help, cos they'll feel u already have ties to Canada. Just my thoughts though:::::: I could be wrong too

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.