Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827132 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:24am On Mar 05, 2018
Thebushboy1:

Good morning Fam!

I would like to confirm if the fee of 57,000 stated for paper route covers biometrics or I have to still pay a different fee.
Secondly I learnt that If I am doing Biometrics, I wouldnt need to present passport photographs.

I want to know how much i should hold with me as I am submitting tomorrow.

Yes, the 57k covers biometrics.

Take two passport photographs along.

You will be needing it. Just in case you bring the wrong size of passport photographs, you might need to snap another. There is a place you can do that there.

In summary, Take more than 57k along, just in case, and try to get the right passport photographs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2018
ItsJonathan:

Do I need to have four year tuition fee ready bro?

Hello,

If you're self sponsoring, yes, you need to have your 4 year tuition.

If you're using a sponsor, you need to have one year tuition ready and convince the visa officer the funds for the remaining 3 years will be available to you from your sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2018
ItsJonathan:

Do I need to have four year tuition fee ready bro?
No u don't....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ItsJonathan(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Hello,

If you're self sponsoring, yes, you need to have your 4 year tuition.

If you're using a sponsor, you need to have one year tuition ready and convince the visa officer the funds for the remaining 3 years will be available to you from your sponsor.

Thank you bro very straight forward. Can you please give me an estimate amount that should be in the sponsors account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
I want to apply for TV, my statement of account is 1m, that of my sponsor is 25m, I've made a payment of $4000cad out of $14000cad for a one year program. Although my sponsor won't be the one funding my education, my parents will, it's jus dat the don't have the extra $10,000cad that's why am using a sponsor. Pls I want to know if I am good to go..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mbambah1: 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2018
cc: @Frankrobbn1
Hello Gurus in the house!
I am loosing it...got refused the second time
First refusal: Insufficient fund: Tackled by having my sponsor transfer 5million to my acct while he has 6million balance both of our acct statement was submitted to see the transfer. Paid 3700 for one year tuition at Memorial Uni of Newfoundland,

2nd Refusal: home ties,
-- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

my details:
-first degree: petroleum engineering and I am going for Masters in Oil and gas engineering
-age 29, not married and dint include any family birth cert or thereabout, no personal properties was submitted because I dint have any.
- employment status : first job was contract but stopped in Jan 2016, got reemployed in the same institution last December buh no payment have been made till now, thus no payslip or salary capture in my bank statement.

Save a brother house...!!!

I hope to reapply in a few weeks time because the admission I have is my last deferral

Thanks as always
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
Kinfinity007:
I want to apply for TV, my statement of account is 1m, that of my sponsor is 25m, I've made a payment of $4000cad out of $14000cad for a one year program. Although my sponsor won't be the one funding my education, my parents will, it's jus dat the don't have the extra $10,000cad that's why am using a sponsor. Pls I want to know if I am good to go..

You are not good to go!
The 1m in your account cant cover your 1 year living expense (CAD$10K) or the remaining part of your tuition fee (CAD$10K).

Tell your sponsor to transfer the remaining part of your tuition fee and living expense to your personal account. This he will explain in his SOP. Pls, also take note of the dependents of your sponsor. With these, you're good to go.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
PayBoyXclusives:
please someone should answer me, after securing an admission, study permit visa. What is required of you in the port of entry when you arrive Canada?

Be ready to answer questions like...what is your purpose in Canada? What is the name of your school? What is the duration of your program? Where is it located? Keep these docs in your hand luggage: Passport, offer letter, tuition fee receipt, letter from CIC and a copy of your SOA & that of your sponsor.

Note: in most cases they wont ask you these questions. But be ready 'cos you never know the Officier you'll meet at the POE.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
mbambah1:
First refusal: Insufficient fund: Tackled by having my sponsor transfer 5million to my acct while he has 6million balance both of our acct statement was submitted to see the transfer. Paid 3700 for one year tuition at Memorial Uni of Newfoundland,

-- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
--I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

my details:
-first degree: petroleum engineering and I am going for Masters in Oil and gas engineering
-age 29, not married and dint include any family birth cert or thereabout, no personal properties was submitted because I dint have any.
- employment status : first job was contract but stopped in Jan 2016, got reemployed in the same institution last December buh no payment have been made till now, thus no payslip or salary capture in my bank statement.

I hope to reapply in a few weeks time because the admission I have is my last deferral

Thanks as always

The ''third time they say is the charm.'' Might hold true in your case. I have seen people get it on a third try. These CIC people are an enigma. First time you seem to have made the hometie requirement. What made the second try Any different? Order GCMS notes. No need to rush, you can afford to wait one more month before applying if you are going for the fall term. Try and get reference letter from employer with your salary enumeration. Whether you have been actually paid, is your own business. Throw in landed documents, make sure it is C of O and has landed valuation by licensed quantity surveyor. Ordinary land documents apart from the mentioned, usually don't make it. Finally in your SOP, make sure to talk about your passion for learning and education. That will take care of purpose of visit. Best Wishes!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gallardo: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello house, you guys are awesome, I wish I asked questions here before my friend applied.

My friend got a mail saying his processed passport has been dispatched to lagos. He applied for a study permit in the first week of February 2018.

He submitted mothers SOA with up to 20M
Birth certificate
Standardised and admission letter from school to study physics 3yr BSC
Applicant SOA with 250K naira
Passport
2 passport photo
Study permit, family info form and questionnaire
SOP
His own IDcard where he works with a printing company
Waec certificate
Mothers work ID
Mothers Property valuation document 2 plots of land
Mothers promotion letter as a matron
Police certificate
Flight itinerary
Diploma in Printing technology certificate
Sec schoolTestimonial
Waec result checker
Birth certificate
Sponsorship letter from mother
Employment verification from work
Study leave approval from work
Change of name published in newspaper

He dint do upfront medicals
He dint pay part of tuition

I think he's been denied but I'm not sure...
Please help a brother house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
gallardo:
Hello house, you guys are awesome, I wish I asked questions here before my friend applied.

My friend got a mail saying his processed passport has been dispatched to lagos. He applied for a study permit in the first week of February 2018.

Birth certificate
Passport
2 passport photo
SOP
Waec certificate
Mothers work ID
Police certificate
Flight itinerary
Sec schoolTestimonial
Waec result checker
Birth certificate

To help, we need the reason for the denial. Your friend certainly has been denied since he did not do medicals before receiving a passport dispatch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmaokudu: 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2018
would they request to see proof of funds on entry?
mcobex:
Your passport, offer letter and a letter that will be given to you by cic once your trv is arroved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmaokudu: 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
how many days after you submit your application would you be asked to come and do your biometrics?, or is it possible to do it the same day?
WEIRDPC:

You will be needing it. Just in case you bring the wrong size of passport photographs, you might need to snap another. There is a place you can do that there.

In summary, Take more than 57k along, just in case, and try to get the right passport photographs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emmaokudu:
how many days after you submit your application would you be asked to come and do your biometrics?, or is it possible to do it the same day?

You can't submit your application without taking biometrics, unlike d online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oyinbayode(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
Good evening fam
I'm gonna be submitting my application for study permit on Wednesday. I'm 18 years old and got admitted to study Electronics Engineering technology at SAIT.
Please what's the meaning of SOP and how does it apply to me, and also any other useful information will be appreciated. BTW, m gonna be staying with a family friend who lives in Calgary, so accommodation and feeding and transportation is guaranteed. How do i explain this in my submission. Paper route

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
oyinbayode:
Good evening fam
I'm gonna be submitting my application for study permit on Wednesday. I'm 18 years old and got admitted to study Electronics Engineering technology at SAIT.
Please what's the meaning of SOP and how does it apply to me, and also any other useful information will be appreciated. BTW, m gonna be staying with a family friend who lives in Calgary, so accommodation and feeding and transportation is guaranteed. How do i explain this in my submission. Paper route

You sound very much like a newbie., which is okay. Sop is statement of purpose. It entails info about you, why you chose the program, why you chose Canada instead of Nigeriathe benefits you stand to benefit from the program, the plans you have after school, bla bla bla bla bla. For the accommodation and feeding and transportation, I think it's not wise giving the Visa officer d impression you have or know someone in canny, willing to assist. They don't have to know you have someone there, cos that may stand in as you having ties to Canada already, since they're not your immediate family. Obviously you're not d one sponsoring yourself, so just show the required funds required. While the plans of staying with someone, etc, keep it to yourself. Cheers, lil brother wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
oyinbayode:
Good evening fam

You sound very much like a newbie., which is okay. Sop is statement of purpose. It entails info about you, why you chose the program, why you chose Canada instead of Nigeria the benefits you stand to benefit from the program, the plans you have after school, bla bla bla bla bla. For the accommodation and feeding and transportation, I think it's not wise giving the Visa officer d impression you have or know someone in canny, willing to assist. They don't have to know you have someone there, cos that may stand in as you having ties to Canada already, since they're not your immediate family. Obviously you're not d one sponsoring yourself, so just show the required funds required. While the plans of staying with someone, etc, keep it to yourself. Cheers, lil brother wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
mbambah1:

my details:

Thanks as always

mbambah1,
I'm sorry for the outcome of your application. As jnyuwa02 have said please order for your GCMS note, this will help us to know the factual reason for your visa refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
gallardo:

Birth certificate
Passport
2 passport photo
SOP
Waec certificate
Mothers work ID
Police certificate
Flight itinerary
Sec schoolTestimonial
Waec result checker
Birth certificate

gallardo,

Sorry the applicant application have being refused. Let's wait for the refusal letter because I can see purpose of visit and current employment situation already picked by the Visa officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Admin Mr. Justwise. Please place this fellow where he is suppose to be.

Thank you!
Initially I thought I was on open university nairaland page grin grin grin Holy Ghost fire. Dapada .lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcobex:
Don't worry, just be prayerful and it will be granted. You shouldn't mail cic except it has exceeded the processing time.
Alriggt. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcobex:
Don't worry, just be prayerful and it will be granted. You shouldn't mail cic except it has exceeded the processing time.
Alright. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by annaliese88: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcobex:
If your sponsor has transferred the funds to your personal account both of you will still have to a how your bank statement(his own is to show he can pay for the 2nd year and subsiquent years ahead).
It is not a must you open a dorm account but opening it shows the vo you have dollars readily available.
Apart from transferring money into your account your sponsor must write a letter explaining his reasons for sponsoring you and also state the amount he transferred to you (that will take care of lump sum)

In this message you mentioned that the sponsors account statement is to show that they can pay for the second year and subsequent. In my case, its just a year course and I require no subsequent funds from the sponsor. Must the sponsor (my husband actually) stil include their statement of account? The thing the sponsor sold a land just to raise me with some money towards my tuition. His account statement does not usually reflect millions on a regular basis if you know what I mean.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
annaliese88:

In this message you mentioned that the sponsors account statement is to show that they can pay for the second year and subsequent. In my case, its just a year course and I require no subsequent funds from the sponsor. Must the sponsor (my husband actually) stil include their statement of account? The thing the sponsor sold a land just to raise me with some money towards my tuition. His account statement does not usually reflect millions on a regular basis if you know what I mean.

I think if youre leaving ur husband to travel, they may be less rigid on your case. I think the whole thing revolves around preventing people from escaping to Canada through education

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
Please a quick question, can one combine other documents with the IMM forms for online application?
For example, can I combine the PDF of the birth certificates of my siblings and kids with the Family
information IMM form (IMM5645)? The IMM form can be the first pages of the combined PDF and the
other files follow thereafter. Is this doable? Please advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
Prudento:

I think if youre leaving ur husband to travel, they may be less rigid on your case. I think the whole thing revolves around preventing people from escaping to Canada through education

Stop pushing words into people, if you have answer to her question you answer her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
swisster:

Don't mind those pipo jare. that's what they told me, if u hav a clear photocopy of ur data page of ur passport. thats ok. i did mine on Wednesday at children practice.wen u get there just explain to them.

Kindly share the documents you took along to the medical screening.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Please house

Which one is better - to print SOA BEFORE paying tuition fee and living expenses or AFTER?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
Twallace:
Please house

Which one is better - to print SOA BEFORE paying tuition fee and living expenses or AFTER?
Twallace,

You may decide to print your SOA before paying tuition fee but make sure you submit your application that very month you printed it, because a bank statement is valid for a month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Thank you so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.