Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827073 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thank you very much,this piece is very helpful!
Frankrobbn1:

Barryston, Good to hear from you again.

To the bolded it's true, using online route the number of documents you want to upload is limited but paper route reverse is the case, you can submit as much documents you wish. And yes If you plan using paper route you need to submit your application at the VFS office Lagos or Abuja. Meanwhile, if you plan using online route you need to complete your application anywhere at your convenience, you don't need to go to VFS office until you are called to complete biometrics.

Please find the below breakdown, I hope this will help you to make a decision that will best suit your situation.

BREAK DOWN BETWEEN ONLINE ROUTE AND PAPER ROUTE

1-)The online route no one will correct your mistakes like it is done on paper route where VFS workers will make sure your papers are complete and are arranged accordingly before submission.

2-) If you have scanners and a desktop/system close by, online route is okay. But mind u, u need to compress your documents before you upload them and you will need to complete payment with your credit card, but the paper route you are to pay at the counter.

3-)The online route, after submission you will get notification a day or 2 days depending at times 1week to proceed for your biometrics. While the paper route, you will complete everything that very day at the VFS office, then wait for the outcome of your application.

4-) Finally, Online route is more expensive (68K-70K) compared to paper route (55-57K)

So it's left for you to decide which best suit you. But be guided that none of them has added advantage to your TRV application.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chucks33(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
Am sorry,but I don't really buy the idea of your sisterf transferring money into your account.What if something goes wrong or what if the sister is probably a distant person.If am to say,pay your tuition,even if your school refuses,explain to them and try to make them see reasons with your.Take your SOA with your sisters own as a cosponsor,accompanied with an affidavit and a letter of explanation on why she wants to sponsor you.The payment of tuition is more than convincing that you want to study.Please,don't go and do something that might land you into trouble...for more enquires,go to you tube and source for information directly from the immigration company.Tank you

Leaving your family back home is a good tie.

Using your sister as a co-sponsor is good, but make sure she transfers your living expenses into your account as her commitment towards supporting your studies in Canada. If you have the money for your tuition handy, I best advise you pay up, while your sister completes a bank to bank transfer into your account for your living expenses.

It doesn't matter Sir, it must not appear with your company name. Just submit your personal bank statement. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
I didnt write LSAT and your question is not straightforward,you a lawyer and you are surprised about what exactly?
Chelda:

LLM, how did that happen? Did you write LSAT? I'm asking because i'm also a Lawyer and I'm really surprised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
Chelda:

LLM, how did that happen? Did you write LSAT? I'm asking because i'm also a Lawyer and I'm really surprised.

You do not need to write LSAT to gain admission for LLM. LSAT is if you are going to law school(3 years leading to a JD degree). LLM (for teaching or research in law) requires by and large that you wrote a thesis proposal and statement of intent and show your transcript and recommendation. That is it!

Ps:A JD degree even though involves 3 more years of study after undergraduate graduation, in Canada is still considered an undergraduate degree. Go figure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ItsJonathan(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
Please all. I Plan on going to Canada for Studies in B.Sc please how can I go about it? And how much money do I need? I know this question maybe cliche and has been answered before but I cannot find a similar post thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AyoPrudence(m): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
iRealZeal:
Good Evening everyone, My name is Kunle and have been silently following this thread as a guest, I applaud you all for the useful information.
I did my Medical at Children's practice on January 29 2018 and have not heard anything from the embassy. Friends who did their medical after me have been granted their TRV, I mailed them but all they said is 'They're Still working on it.' I'm worried, just using Faith to put myself together now. Pls anyone experiencing such or has experienced such in the past?
Thanks in advance.
Was the application paper route or Online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olalekank(m): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
If I am a freelancer and I probably make money online, is it advisable to put it in the SOP that I am a freelancer and I can make money from anywhere in the world.

Would this deter them from giving me a visa, that I don't really need the visa for my academics or something

Thank you all for doing a very nice job on the thread

I pray that there would be testimonies of visa this year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olajide000: 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
hello room, trust everyone had a nice weekend, please i would like to know if it is compulsory my sponsor puts money in my account and i present my bank statement too( which doesnt have any money init) or its just fine they present thiers, and also do i have to open a Domiciliary account for the money?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cindelinc: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=Chelda post=65562315]
Canadian college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sarang(f): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
AgricSalt:

Be careful of who you help.

I will bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Okattamgbee: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Good evening and Happy New Month To you lovely people in here,

Please i want to ask; heard that for one to undergo any postgraduate or masters program in Canada he/she needs to write a professional exam such as IELTS, how true is that?

Secondly, someone with 2 2 (Second Class Lower Division) in a reputable university here in Nigeria can he/she be eligible to undergo postgraduate or masters program in Canada?

You kind answers will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by iRealZeal: 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
AyoPrudence:
Was the application paper route or Online route
Paper Route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
Olalekank:
If I am a freelancer and I probably make money online, is it advisable to put it in the SOP that I am a freelancer and I can make money from anywhere in the world.

Would this deter them from giving me a visa, that I don't really need the visa for my academics or something

Tell the vo everything, you being a freelancer has to do with your work not studies. Make sure you explain why you picked Canada and not Nigeria for studies.
Explaining what you do to earn money is basically to show relationship with your propose program and also to show you have enough money(source of fund) to carter for yourself throughout studies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Olajide000:
hello room, trust everyone had a nice weekend, please i would like to know if it is compulsory my sponsor puts money in my account and i present my bank statement too( which doesnt have any money init) or its just fine they present thiers, and also do i have to open a Domiciliary account for the money?
If your sponsor has transferred the funds to your personal account both of you will still have to a how your bank statement(his own is to show he can pay for the 2nd year and subsiquent years ahead).
It is not a must you open a dorm account but opening it shows the vo you have dollars readily available.
Apart from transferring money into your account your sponsor must write a letter explaining his reasons for sponsoring you and also state the amount he transferred to you (that will take care of lump sum)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olalekank(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
mcobex:
Tell the vo everything, you being a freelancer has to do with your work not studies. Make sure you explain why you picked Canada and not Nigeria for studies.
Explaining what you do to earn money is basically to show relationship with your propose program and also to show you have enough money(source of fund) to carter for yourself throughout studies
Thanks bruh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Okattamgbee:

Please i want to ask; heard that for one to undergo any postgraduate or masters program in Canada he/she needs to write a professional exam such as IELTS, how true is that?

Secondly, someone with 2 2 (Second Class Lower Division) in a reputable university here in Nigeria can he/she be eligible to undergo postgraduate or masters program in Canada?

Thanks
1. Not true, you will have to check the schools' sites to see those that don't require it to know
2. It is possible to get offers, but like the first answer you will have to check schools online to see the ones offering your intended program and their requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PayBoyXclusives(m): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
please someone should answer me, after securing an admission, study permit visa. What is required of you in the port of entry when you arrive Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Okattamgbee: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thank you so much for the heads up.

Already googling and making researches
mcobex:

1. Not true, you will have to check the schools' sites to see those that don't require it to know
2. It is possible to get offers, but like the first answer you will have to check schools online to see the ones offering your intended program and their requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kinfinity007: 12:03am On Mar 05, 2018
mcobex:
If your sponsor has transferred the funds to your personal account both of you will still have to a how your bank statement(his own is to show he can pay for the 2nd year and subsiquent years ahead).
It is not a must you open a dorm account but opening it shows the vo you have dollars readily available.
Apart from transferring money into your account your sponsor must write a letter explaining his reasons for sponsoring you and also state the amount he transferred to you (that will take care of lump sum)
u don't seem to understand the question, he said is it compulsory?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Okattamgbee: 12:18am On Mar 05, 2018
For those of us in living and studying in Canada;
kindly suggest the most affordable school and city which one can apply for studies and have a chance of working while schooling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ojimmy: 12:35am On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=Barryston post=65557332]Good evening everyone,
I want to use this medium to everyone who has rendered a helping hand to all the people seeking TRV,may God continue to bless you and make your paths pure!
I will be applying for my Study permit soon but I am a little bit confused about paper route online,I read somewhere here that if you do online you will be limited to the nos of docs you can upload but if I do paper route how do I initiate it and do I need to travel to their office(Note I currently resides in Uyo,Akwa ibom)

nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:53am On Mar 05, 2018
Okattamgbee:

Thanks

1. Not true

2. Extremely difficult to get admissions into a masters degree or even reputable diploma courses with a second class lower. In one instance I know, someone with second class lower was denied admission within a minute of filing their application with a Canadian school. And his application fee eaten. Lol. If you have many years of work experience (6-10 years), it is possible to be admitted at a few schools with second class lower. An overwhelming majority of Canadian schools put their cut offs for students coming from Nigeria, at second class upper.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:56am On Mar 05, 2018
PayBoyXclusives:
please someone should answer me, after securing an admission, study permit visa. What is required of you in the port of entry when you arrive Canada?

Nothing is required of you. Just buy your ticket and travel. Don't bring any contrabands and carry proof along your proof of support just incase they ask, but rarely do they ask. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:03am On Mar 05, 2018
Olalekank:

Don't expect the VO to believe you simply because you wrote in your SOP that you a freelancer. If you have verifiable ways to show that you are a freelancer, that would really help your case. Are there websites to show the kind of work you have done? Speaking from experience from freelancers who gotten their TRV in the past , they had copious verifiable ways of showing income and websites or other means showing the kind of serious freelance work they had done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 6:29am On Mar 05, 2018
Pls house have been refuse twice do i need to oder the gcms note for the two refusal or only the recent one I need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:33am On Mar 05, 2018
PayBoyXclusives:
Your passport, offer letter and a letter that will be given to you by cic once your trv is arroved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:37am On Mar 05, 2018
Kinfinity007:
u don't seem to understand the question, he said is it compulsory?
YES it is cos the vo will like to see if the person emptied his account for your sake. Also the will have to stay in his letter of support if he has any dependant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sarang(f): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2018
Okattamgbee:
For those of us in living and studying in Canada;
kindly suggest the most affordable school and city which one can apply for studies and have a chance of working while schooling?

Try MUN..Brandon. CBU. or just go to a college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2018
ItsJonathan:
Please all. I Plan on going to Canada for Studies in B.Sc please how can I go about it? And how much money do I need? I know this question maybe cliche and has been answered before but I cannot find a similar post thank you.

Read up from page 1 of this thread. Before you get to page 50, u have virtually every info needed. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ItsJonathan(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2018
ChuksEbube:

Read up from page 1 of this thread. Before you get to page 50, u have virtually every info needed. Cheers

Do I need to have four year tuition fee ready bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2018
Cherryola:
Pls house have been refuse twice do i need to oder the gcms note for the two refusal or only the recent one I need
@Frankrobbn1 has already given you a detailed explanation and solution to your current refusal. Check his post or a few pages back.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2018
Barryston:
Thank you very much,this piece is very helpful!

Good morning Fam!

I would like to confirm if the fee of 57,000 stated for paper route covers biometrics or I have to still pay a different fee.
Secondly I learnt that If I am doing Biometrics, I wouldnt need to present passport photographs.

I want to know how much i should hold with me as I am submitting tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.