Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828184 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tayonani: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2017
DereI:

Thats harsh on CIC part.....although you are also at fault for omitting your US refusals...

Moving on...

Don't be too fast to reapply. Try to order a gcms note to read the VO's back-end reason for the delay. This will help you repackage and reapply better.

Wish you all the best

Ohh, sorry about that, as a matter of openness, I have similar situation, I have been delayed in d us embassy twice which I did not include in my Canadian study application, though was delayed also, the first time, was purpose of visit and finance, 2nd time purpose and finance, though those time have not being a member of this wonderful forum, so I want to reaply soonest should I tick I was refused us visa, and won't vo raise an eyebrow? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
likeababygirl:

Oh. Yeah you should depending on airline tho. Olamidebabayemi@hotmail(dot)com

Thank you so much!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gascoigne: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Medicals Passed!!!

@maralina please respond. Which email address did you use when sending an email to CIC? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by judebebo32: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2017
wealth360:
Anyone heading to Saskatchewan this fall?
i am heading to saskatchewan
you can email me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PureRuby: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Medicals Passed!!!

Congrats babe!!! TRV is coming next and soonest grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 10:55am On Aug 07, 2017
canny17:
Can somebody shout Halleluyah!!! Glory be to God.
I got approval today.
Submitted - May 12th
Request medicals - Aug 1st ( though I submitted app with upfront medicals)
Submitted medicals - Aug 1st
Passed medicals - Aug 2nd
Approval - Aug 4th
Submitted Passport - Aug 4th

I pray that God makes other hopefulls achieve the significant milestone.
I can sleep well tonight after 5 years of saving and trying to see this dream come through.
Many thanks to everyone, mostly our elders. May God grants each and everyone of us our heart desires. I will share my profile soon, till then let's keep hope alive.
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2017
PureRuby:

Congrats babe!!! TRV is coming next and soonest grin
Amen!!!...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2017
Gascoigne:

@maralina please respond. Which email address did you use when sending an email to CIC? Thanks in anticipation
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
Dazol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
Dazol

Isn't there a dat after d accra?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 11:08am On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Medicals Passed!!!

TRV Landing Alert

Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Attending school this September is the benchmark he/she put on timeframe is the problem. Getting the finances okay is the better route. EE can come when it comes. Someone here testified correcting a denial based on insufficient funds, reapplying and getting approved in two weeks.

Hello Jnyuwa02,

I don't agree with your suggestion. With a CRS score of 465, she is VERY sure of getting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in the next draw considering the current "trend" if she is already in the pool. And if she can submit her EE application before September ending, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, she should get her PR before December. There is a great difference between paying international fees and paying domestic fees. And since she is not in a hurry, then I think the best decision is starting her EE application rather than reapplying for TRV.

Cc: Yomalicious

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:27am On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Where can I get Cheaper flights to Winnipeg pls,
by the grace of my Trv will be approved this week..
I'm very confident..
@Canadiannurse how much did you get yours?
Contact olamide! I got mine from her @300+K also send me a pm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Medicals Passed!!!
Congratulations!!! grin grin grin I DEY dance Dance Dance

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abiola708(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2017
Hello gurus,after 100days i applied for visitors visa sent the visa office in accra a mail why my application is being delayed,this is there response.
Dear Sir/ Madam, Kindly forward your enquiry to our Visa office in Lagos as application is being processed in Lagos and not here in Accra.
What does this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2017
abiola708:
Hello gurus,after 100days i applied for visitors visa sent the visa office in accra a mail why my application is being delayed,this is there response.
Dear Sir/ Madam, Kindly forward your enquiry to our Visa office in Lagos as application is being processed in Lagos and not here in Accra.
What does this mean?

It means what you read

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Congratulations!!! grin grin grin I DEY dance Dance Dance
hahahaahahah.. Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
McOsheBaba:

It means what you read
Lol...hahhaha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Contact olamide! I got mine from her @300+K also send me a pm
okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olufemiopa: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good morning All,

I am planning to apply for an interdisciplinary programme (Joint Master in Peace and Conflict Studies) in Manitoba. My 1st degree was on Library and Information Studies while my 2nd degree was on Managerial Psychology. My experience over the years has been on sales and marketing, I am the CEO of my company. I want to change my career path, with Joint Master in Peace and Conflict Studies. I strongly feel I would be able to affect lives/society more positively. Would there be any concerns from VO with my change of career path by taking up this course? I need your advice?

I await your prompt advice.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Good morning All,

I am planning to apply for an interdisciplinary programme (Joint Master in Peace and Conflict Studies) in Manitoba. My 1st degree was on Library and Information Studies while my 2nd degree was on Managerial Psychology. My experience over the years has been on sales and marketing, I am the CEO of my company. I want to change my career path, with Joint Master in Peace and Conflict Studies. I strongly feel I would be able to affect lives/society more positively. Would there be any concerns from VO with my change of career path by taking up this course? I need your advice?

I await your prompt advice.

Thanks.
Yes, there will be serious concern from the VO. The thing is, your career path(current) needs to be logically inline with your proposed program in Canada. This will add more sense in reasonable light. This is not to say you cannot change career, but to do so especially with Canada being concerned, you should have had significant activity with substantial evidence that indeed, this career switch is going to advance what you are currently involved in. From your profile, i would say it is not adding up. There is huge discrepancies in your undergraduate study, current work experience and intended program. So rethink your choice of program and get admitted in one that will show progression in your career and you will have a good chance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olufemiopa: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
Thank you for your prompt advice.

If I am to use my undergraduate study, I graduated in 2003, would there not be a serious concern with the gap between my graduation year and now or I should just stick to related master program on Sales and Marketing?

Austinpee4:

Yes, there will be serious concern from the VO. The thing is, your career path(current) needs to be logically inline with your proposed program in Canada. This will add more sense in reasonable light. This is not to say you cannot change career, but to do so especially with Canada being concerned, you should have had significant activity with substantial evidence that indeed, this career switch is going to advance what you are currently involved in. From your profile, i would say it is not adding up. There is huge discrepancies in your undergraduate study, current work experience and intended program. So rethink your choice of program and get admitted in one that will show progression in your career and you will have a good chance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Medicals Passed!!!
Thank God for that, approval is next for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
maralina:
Medicals Passed!!!
grin.diz z ur week

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
Please how will I know if my passport has arrived vfs. It was dispatched since 3rd of august
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2017
Pls how long does review of eligibility take?
Mine has been under review for like 12days now.
Tension is building up....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
glam4444:

grin.diz z ur week
Amen and to mine Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lonelyhrt(f): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sugaro:
Pls how long does review of eligibility take?
Mine has been under review for like 12days now.
Tension is building up....

once your eligible your final status logo will change
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lonelyhrt(f): 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
looks like not just Nigerians even ghanaians flooding cic ghana some ghana guys going for the same course program with me are also complaining of cic delay over weeks they submitted,but my case is different we all need to pray for God's favour forget the tuition reciept you attached or the the amount your sponsor has in his statement for those wishing to go this fall term just pray for favour.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Thank you for your prompt advice.

If I am to use my undergraduate study, I graduated in 2003, would there not be a serious concern with the gap between my graduation year and now or I should just stick to related master program on Sales and Marketing?

The gap is very wide and need explanations which must tilt and show progression. So yes, stick to a related program in sales and marketing if you've had significant work experience in it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello bosses,

Sorry for the silence. I have been busy with settling down and meeting deadlines.

So, a quick update.

Got my Social Insurance Number (SIN) on friday after many persuasion from my supervisor. It is a 5 minutes process atleast in my case. So even if you dont ger to do it at your POE, you can always do it at any Service Canada office closest to you (they are everywhere).

I dont know if I mentioned this earlier, please hold enough cash when coming. This is your first time in a new location and settling down might be abit on the high side until you get stable.

For those renting apartments, usually landlords require the first and last month rent before they lease. So if your rent is 450/month, you will be required to pay 900 instantly, then subsequent rent will be monthly. Now, you see where having cash at hand is necessary. You might use your ATM, but be sure that ATM is working to avoid stories. Better still, have cash at hand for immediate needs and some in your account.

Spending tips... use discount offers if they are being offered, spend when necessary, look for items on sale (even the people wey get the land sef dey look out for discount and sales...so no go dey form).

Lastly, if you sabi bone well, you go need to adjust your face oh to accommodate smiling, because dem sabi smile well for here even for the offices.

Safe journey to those landing this week and the coming weeks.

For the TRV hopefuls, goodnews is around the corner.

@dere, @yomalicious and those delayed, I salute your never giving up spirit. God go do am.

Regards everybody,

Mazi.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

Sorry for the silence. I have been busy with settling down and meeting deadlines.

So, a quick update.

Mazi.

The great Mazi,

Thanks for the update. smiley

The sky is your starting point!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by spores99(m): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2017
good afternoon my people....
my application has been reading #we are processing your background check and eligibility since May 2... my application will be 15weeks this Friday......please what can I possibly do or any Advise please...

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.