Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830856 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
nwugon:
Praise master Jesus for me.Reapplied may 26th after refusal on may 9th. upfront medical passed 27th July,review of eligibility started 27th July.approved today,passport request today.Thank you to everyone.My brother Judebebo I can't thank you enough.You did everything.Those still waiting for their decision God in his infinite Goodness will sure do it for you.
congrats..what did you do differently concerning your purpose of visit? I could remember that your previous studies and intended program in Canada did not align with your work experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nwugon(f): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
GermanDreamer:
congrats..what did you do differently concerning your purpose of visit? I could remember that your previous studies and intended program in Canada did not align with your work experience.
I used the same admission letter,same everything except with a more detailed SOP.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
I've been to the bank this morning to ask what's up, they checked and still not done "says processing" the manager advised me if it would affect me meeting up with due date I should use other means or a different bank because they are not sure when it will be done. That's the latest from first Bank Form A this morning.

likeababygirl:

I used firstbank form A, My dad's account wasn't debited too after two weeks and i had to go to the branch to complain. After running some info, they told me the transaction has been completed three days before that and i requested that my telex copy to be sent to my email adressed which I received same day.
Till now, my dad hasn't gotten the alert so go check with the bank.
This was late june/ early july
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
14th August! Chai! There is God oh!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
Congrats Nwugon and congrats to in advance to all TRV expectants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by choky26(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
nwugon:

I used the same admission letter,same everything except with a more detailed SOP.
Bro pls I can I get some hints from ur SOP because my UG course is also quite different from my intented course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Emmane:

Mazi... I sight you. Thanks a bunch. But let me ask, what if I bring ££ as that's the most likely case. Would that be okay? I mean banks over there accept? Do you know their conversion? Is it possible to make such findings 4me. Cuz it's gonna be a very painful thing to loose so much in the name of buying black market.

Thank Mazi 1.

Yes boss.

Carry am follow body.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
Miles490:
But my Dad's bank is first bank, can he transfer it to my GTBank so I do the form A from there with my Account? I hope that won't border on source of funds on my visa application ?

I don't see any problem here, just explain in ur SOP about the transfer and print ur statement as well to that effect. Someone mentioned here about itemizing this points to refer the VO to the exact page (....) No this... Guess it will be easier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Cocosmite:
I'm coming to NL bro.
I sent you a message

Same here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Favouredchild1: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Congratulations

nwugon:
Praise master Jesus for me.Reapplied may 26th after refusal on may 9th. upfront medical passed 27th July,review of eligibility started 27th July.approved today,passport request today.Thank you to everyone.My brother Judebebo I can't thank you enough.You did everything.Those still waiting for their decision God in his infinite Goodness will sure do it for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
nwugon:
Congrats dear, happy that the week is starting with an approval, to all the hopefuls, we will testify this week... cause its my birth week I pray my approval will be my birthday gift from God.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
maralina:

Congrats dear, happy that the week is starting with an approval, to all the hopefuls, we will testify this week... cause its my birth week I pray my approval will be my birthday gift from God.. grin
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
lanrayx:
pls i would like someone to please help me out with this; when a university gives u an estimate of the "tuition fee" for a masters program is it for the entire masters program.

thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
@canadian Nurse? Can someone please kindly interpret? Submitted my application on the 23rd of May and just linked online... Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Newman1010: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Look for a family member with a GTBank account to help with the request. You will have to transfer funds to the person. CBN sells funds to all banks on a weekly basis. If you do that today, the request will be treated this week.

Miles490:
I've been to the bank this morning to ask what's up, they checked and still not done "says processing" the manager advised me if it would affect me meeting up with due date I should use other means or a different bank because they are not sure when it will be done. That's the latest from first Bank Form A this morning.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
nwugon:
I have a bachelor of arts in French language with a cgpa of 4.22 I can not possibly go for a certificate program in French translation.I have my colleague and my course mate presently in the same school,studying the same course.I believe the actual reason for refusal would be stated in the gcms note.Will let you guys know once I get that.Thanks
quote author=yemdogg post=56358272]

This is also not convincing. Masters in French Language is for people who are advanced in french language and as such, your argument would have hold much water if he was going for a certificate program which would have probably given him a foundation in the language of french. However, If he is trying to learn french for the purpose as stated by you, then a masters degree in french is too advanced for him and a bit far-fetched.

I align my thoughts on this to that of @austinpee4. I think he hit the bulls-eye.

nwugon:
Praise master Jesus for me. Reapplied may 26th after refusal on may 9th. upfront medical passed 27th July,review of eligibility started 27th July.approved today,passport request today.Thank you to everyone.My brother Judebebo I can't thank you enough.You did everything.Those still waiting for their decision God in his infinite Goodness will sure do it for you.

nwugon:

IMPOSSIBILITY IS NOTHING. Just don't give up in anything you want to do. Thank God. Congrats Brother....!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ukehnonny: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Please I have an issue. I want to do my Masters in Canada. But The name on my statement of result is Okonji Chukwunonso A but on my passport is written as Okonji Chinonso Albert. Please will this affect me in anyway and if so, I need possible solutions.

Note; I used those names as example.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
ayonet:
@canadian Nurse? Can someone please kindly interpret? Submitted my application on the 23rd of May and just linked online... Thanks
your application is being processed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
CanadianNurse:
your application is being processed

Thanks, it says we are processing your background check..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yoshearer(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
likeababygirl:

This is wrong. Your profile cannot intimidate a Visa Officer and we have seen people with his kinda profile get their visas. There is no need to hide or go silent on any of his qualifications or certifications.
My sister, this is subjectivity at work. If you want to get to the root you have to sit on the fence. What makes you think the VO wouldn't think that way? The wish of CANADA is different from the WISH Of VO's. They have a duty to reduce immigration except where necessary. If Canada wants brilliant mind and think most people rejected shouldn't be. Well, I think you need to address your SOP and finances too. I wish everyone good success.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hello guys! Good morning from Toronto. So sorry for the late response. I have been trying to settle since I arrived.I used Egypt air and their service was impressive. There is nothin to worry about at the POE as no big deal at all infact it wasn't like how people Painted it, I was expecting a more drilling exercise but unfortunately I was proved wrong by the generosity shown by the officer smiley.the officers are all nice and friendly. I tendered my admission letters and the cic correspondence letter+passport and the questions goes thus :

What is the purpose of visit?
Is this your first time in Canada?
What is your undergraduate course?
The duration of the course?
Which school do you finished from and which city(when I told him lautech ogbomosho oyo state Nigeria, the pronunciation almost removed his tongue and he stated mocking me grin)
What graduate program are you going for
The duration of the course
What is the name of the school
What is the source of funding (self or government)
Jokes jokes jokes, the guy started making fun of me infact through out my chat with him, he only went true my funding letter he didn't bother to check my acceptance letter and the correspondence letter,he didn't give me the opportunity to answer the above questions he ended up answering those questions himself and never bother me at all, all I did was just to smile when he ask and immediately answer himself lol. Non of my luggage was checked everyone was able to collect their permit without stress and I wasn't even asked the amount of my PTA or if I came in with any . The experience was awesome and stress free shocked. Free wifi is available at Pearson international airport so you can easily connect to speak with your loved ones at home. The weather here is still the same sunny weather in naija just that it changes in the evening/night but not too bad tho. All you need is courage and smile. Lastly, anyone coming tru MM airport after your luggage has been weighed should immediately padlock your box and make sure you didn't put any valuable tins in the pockets or other external spaces in your box. Although I locked the main place in my box but other sides that can't be locked I kept some few things in it and discovered like two zips where partially opened when I went to claim my bags at the final destination in Toronto,few things was stolen in my bag but I thank God it is not something that useful. They also ended up damaging my box as well,they turned my box from 4legged to 3legged box,all thanks to those guyz at MM airport , please be careful and take caution.I wish everyone all the best and it will surely end in praise.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jlrcanada: 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
I guess the average processing time now is 10 weeks according to the testimony I have read on this platform .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ayoola03:
Hello guys! Good morning from Toronto. So sorry for the late response. I have been trying to settle since I arrived.I used Egypt air and their service was impressive. There is nothin to worry about at the POE as no big deal at all infact it wasn't like how people Painted it, I was expecting a more drilling exercise but unfortunately I was proved wrong by the generosity shown by the officer smiley.the officers are all nice and friendly. I tendered my admission letters and the cic correspondence letter+passport and the questions goes thus :

Which school do you finished from and which city(when I told him lautech ogbomosho oyo state Nigeria, the pronunciation almost removed his tongue and he stated mocking me grin)
Jokes jokes jokes, the guy started making fun of me infact through out my chat with him, he only went true my funding letter he didn't bother to check my acceptance letter and the correspondence letter,he didn't give me the opportunity to answer the above questions he ended up answering those questions himself and never bother me at all, all I did was just to smile when he ask and immediately answer himself lol. Non of my luggage was checked everyone was able to collect their permit without stress and I wasn't even asked the amount of my PTA or if I came in with any . The experience was awesome and stress free shocked. Free wifi is available at Pearson international airport so you can easily connect to speak with your loved ones at home. The weather here is still the same sunny weather in naija just that it changes in the evening/night but not too bad tho. All you need is courage and smile. Lastly, anyone coming tru MM airport after your luggage has been weighed should immediately padlock your box and make sure you didn't put any valuable tins in the pockets or other external spaces in your box. Although I locked the main place in my box but other sides that can't be locked I kept some few things in it and discovered like two zips where partially opened when I went to claim my bags at the final destination in Toronto,few things was stolen in my bag but I thank God it is not something that useful. They also ended up damaging my box as well,they turned my box from 4legged to 3legged box,all thanks to those guyz at MM airport , please be careful and take caution.I wish everyone all the best and it will surely end in praise.

Very informative..... Thanks as we would take precautions especially at MM Int'l. Chaiiii ... Lagos people and Zero chill. Nigerians will NEVER change. If to say u put money there or something expensive, na so them for open office for your head. Thanks AY once again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ayoola03:

NA wa for lagos airport oo..... I go wound person oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wanaj0: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ayoola03:

Sorry for the experience. I am a bit worried as to how you were able to conclude that the damage/theft took place at MM airport considering that you had transit in Cairo? Are you sure this is not feeding into a stereotype? Could it not have happened during transit in Cairo?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bluegirl080115: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ayoola03:

�����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
tuzinde:

While there end July, I asked and was told I must come in person unlike before that I sent someone with an authority note and it was accepted.
Make a phone call to the office to get an update.
Okay bro, tnkz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tpain22: 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bro, How did you obtain your transcript from Lautech??

Ayoola03:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Please is it possible to go for medical at Qlife without booking appointment . Kindly assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ayoola03:

Sister am also a ladokite o. Am still sucked in 500level because of our strike. Check your pm let's kindly discuss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.