Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826107 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 8:19am On Aug 14, 2017
please how did you send mail to CIC?
adebunmi07:
Morning friends, am still waiting for medical mail....am meant to resume by 5th Sept Conestoga college...so what can i do...I tried sending CIC a mail but they didn't respond. Pls what can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Wango:
nice to meet you @vanod, York Campus, have they approve your study permit?

Not yet, I'm hoping for Good news this week God willing.
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2017
applied May, refused July for length of proposed stay, reapplied July Ending still waiting
vanod:

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2017
no worry, God will see us through
vanod:

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2017
Wango:
applied May, refused July for length of proposed stay, reapplied July Ending still waiting

God will see you through, hope you address the points raised by the VO? What program are you going for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2017
Amen! have tried my best, the rest is in God's hand. Project and information information technology
vanod:

God will see you through, hope you address the points raised by the VO? What program are you going for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2017
Wango:
Amen! have tried my best, the rest is in God's hand. Project and information information technology

God is in control #NoShaking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ziggarrr: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2017
wealth360:
Sir Ziggarrr. Bros where have u been? How is canny treating u sir? Gist us small nah.
Definitely do that when I get free time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tuzinde(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2017
Igbouwanile:
Hello Friends.. Please who has recently sent someone else to pick his/her passport/documents at VFS on their behalf. Is it still acceptable?.. do respond pls.

While there end July, I asked and was told I must come in person unlike before that I sent someone with an authority note and it was accepted.
Make a phone call to the office to get an update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2017
Hasheer:
Good morning good people, I woke up this morning this morning thinking about how my life would be in the next 2 years as I am going to be among the latest graduate in town. Pls house, I wana know steps,process and procedure to take for me to travel to Canada. Pls I need full details. God bless you all!

You need full details? As the President's Brother or Son na.... Don't read the thread. Be looking for VIP treatment.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2017
yoshearer:

Hello bro, IMO, I believe your performances intimidated them. FIRST class and distinction as well as good certificates here and there is an indication of not coming back as they may feel you don't need a masters ( at this time when VO's are trying to be vigilant ). I think this is the case because if the VO were an employer, he is sure he would employ you ASAP. I think you should silence some of those certifications as I feel they have worked against you. On the other hand, if your brother has this much, I think in trust, he should be able to send you 3 or 4 million, backing it with a letter as a sign of commitment to sponsoring you. With this, I think it should relief some doubts in the mind of the VO's.
I am new here and I may not be right. Just my opinion. Wish you success. But in all things, we need to pray for the favor of GOD.
This is wrong. Your profile cannot intimidate a Visa Officer and we have seen people with his kinda profile get their visas. There is no need to hide or go silent on any of his qualifications or certifications.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2017
At what rate

quote author=Anike22 post=59449696]

But you have to have an account with them though [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2017
Hurricanecol11:
Good morning house,
Pls I'm done uploading doc but I'd like to include upfront medical, how do I go about it pls?? Do I submit my online applic then go for medical or?? Please kindly assist

Thanks & Regards.

Please do ur upfront medicals in one of the accepted centres before submitting, and there's a question that asks if u have been examined by one.. ...change the answer to yes, then there would be a slot that's asks for proof of the upfront medicals. If u submit without it, u have to wait for Cic to send u medical mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Hi guys,
Sometimes i get confused with the way people take this 'not coming back home after your program' thing serious. In as much as I believe you should establish good hometies, i think it is not a major reason people get delayed their visas. We have seen people with just parents and no company documents or land or property documents get their visas.
If Canada didn't want us to stay back i.e come back home after schooling, they would have cancelled their PGWP and the opportunity of getting permanent residency and consequently Citizenship.
So I'm writing this cos i saw a post that said someone with a first class and distinction profile kinda intimidated the VOs and it's like why is he going abroad when he can easily get a job here in Nigeria. This cannot be true because Canada wants brilliant minds in their system too.
Heck! I know someone who has all his siblings and mother out of the country (this means no family and siblings as hometies sef), no company, just his family's land documents and still got a study permit. His case might be different but it's nothing out of the ordinary.
Anyways, i think we should work better on our purpose of visit and finances. If you need to tell the VOs anything, the SOP is your tool, use it wisely. I am a believer of submitting any document you think will work for you. Because somebody didn't submit survey doesn't mean you shouldn't submit yours. Do you!
For example, I didn't write any SOP, while filling my questionnaire, I didn't put anything about how the program will help me when i come back to Nigeria. Just basically wrote how the program will improve my knowledge on the course of study.
Little things count in your application too. For instance, in your CV, you are a graduate of Biology and your references are businessmen and maybe an accountant. It Doesn't show professionalism. Look for someone in your field to use.
Also, let's try to do some research ourselves and not wait to be spoonfed. Someone from this forum sent me a message and was like help me. I put in time to help this person gather some info only to realize this person actually wanted me to help write these things (SOP,CV etc). Things don't work like that, do your best first and others will help you.
PRAYER IS THE KEY! Never forget.
I pray for many more approvals in this house. For those traveling this week, we wish you a safe trip.
Cheers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2017
Miles490:
But my Dad's bank is first bank, can he transfer it to my GTBank so I do the form A from there with my Account? I hope that won't border on source of funds on my visa application ?

I used firstbank form A, My dad's account wasn't debited too after two weeks and i had to go to the branch to complain. After running some info, they told me the transaction has been completed three days before that and i requested that my telex copy be sent to my email address which I received same day.
Till now, my dad hasn't gotten the alert so go check with the bank.
This was late june/ early july
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KelechiNwachukw: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2017
Wango:

Hey I am also studying information technology at York Uni , hopefully we would get approved sometime this month IJN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LaGrace: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Hello gurus in d house, please I need assistance on SOP I had submitted my application since may bt stil expectng thr response & didn't submit SOP wt my application cos I joined this thread b4 I knw thr is something cal SOP. I will b appreciated if somebody can send me a copy 2 edit & upload it online, my email is kenny4uu@hotmail.com I read economics in Nigeria university & am working wt Federal Government establishment as marketing officer rise 2 d post of senior marketing officer wt 8 yrs working experience. Thnk u..

Make the effort of writing your own and then you can ask for review but this looks as if you don't want to get anything done on your own. No one will help you like this. Write one and ask any of the anointed gurus to help you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2017
jnyuwa02:

The only pastor he needs is himself. Full access to the throne of grace has been secured with full confidence for all to enter in. Just tire me all those recanting the God of Adegboye and Oyedepo, not knowing they too have the power.

Please bro, don't call names. The thing of the spirit is based on realms and levels. The results of the prayer that Oyedepo or Adeboye prayed can be gotten within 3 days, while it might take 3 months for another person. Like I said, it is based on levels and realms cum excessive undivided consecration.

Have a nice day my barrister

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Please bro, don't call names. The thing of the spirit is based on realms and levels. The results of the prayer that Oyedebo or Adeboye prayed can be gotten within 3 days, while it might take 3 months for another person. Like I said, it is based on levels and realms cum excessive undivided consecration.

Have a nice day my barrister

Ehen!!!! Awon Pastor Defenders!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2017
LaGrace:
Hello gurus in d house, please I need assistance on SOP I had submitted my application since may bt stil expectng thr response & didn't submit SOP wt my application cos I joined this thread b4 I knw thr is something cal SOP. I will b appreciated if somebody can send me a copy 2 edit & upload it online, my email is kenny4uu@hotmail.com I read economics in Nigeria university & am working wt Federal Government establishment as marketing officer rise 2 d post of senior marketing officer wt 8 yrs working experience. Thnk u..

Make the effort of writing your own and then you can ask for review but this looks as if you don't want to get anything done on your own. No one will help you like this. Write one and ask any of the anointed gurus to help you
Thnks, I wil do that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2017
Hey guys.... I just confirmed that PTA is not gotten for other currencies but USD, GBP and Euro.

So please, what would you advise be?
- Get PTA in USD? @360ngn/usd
- Buy CAD from black market or Bureau de change almost @300ngn/cad

If PTA is gotten, would Bureau de change sell cad to you with usd here in Nigeria?? What will be their rate? USD to CAD.

Is is easy to buy CAD with USD over there in Canada?

Finally..... what would your advise be on obtaining CAD before traveling. And how about those with Dom acc funded with other currencies like ££ and €€.

Those who traveled there from Nigeria would do best in answering this.

Thank you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2017
Mehn, see kpara on a different level this morning.

We the silent readers are watching.

For everyone that sent me a pm, you will get your responses today/tomorrow.

I am so sorry for the delay.

Thank you.

It will end in praise.

Mazi

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nwugon(f): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Praise master Jesus for me.Reapplied may 26th after refusal on may 9th. upfront medical passed 27th July,review of eligibility started 27th July.approved today,passport request today.Thank you to everyone.My brother Judebebo I can't thank you enough.You did everything.Those still waiting for their decision God in his infinite Goodness will sure do it for you.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Emmane:
Hey guys.... I just confirmed that PTA is not gotten for other currencies but USD, GBP and Euro.

So please, what would you advise be?
- Get PTA in USD? @360ngn/usd
- Buy CAD from black market or Bureau de change almost @300ngn/cad

If PTA is gotten, would Bureau de change sell cad to you with usd here in Nigeria?? What will be their rate? USD to CAD.

Is is easy to buy CAD with USD over there in Canada?

Finally..... what would your advise be on obtaining CAD before traveling. And how about those with Dom acc funded with other currencies like ££ and €€.

Those who traveled there from Nigeria would do best in answering this.

Thank you.

Boss,

Simple.

Bring your USD to Canada. Then go to the bank you want to open an account with and exchange it there at a good rate. Please, use the bank here for your conversion if you no want waste USD. I got mine for 1.208cad to 1usd (that is, for every 1000 usd, i got 1208cad), while exchange booths were giving 1cad to 1 usd

If you read back, I did a bit of explaining about that.

So no worries.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2017
pls i would like someone to please help me out with this; when a university gives u an estimate of the "tuition fee" for a masters program is it for the entire masters program.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2017
nwugon:
Praise master Jesus for me.Reapplied may 26th after refusal on may 9th. upfront medical passed 27th July,review of eligibility started 27th July.approved today,passport request today.Thank you to everyone.My brother Judebebo I can't thank you enough.You did everything.Those still waiting for their decision God in his infinite Goodness will sure do it for you.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by C3PO: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2017
Pls how long (days) does it take between submitting "requested passport" and collecting my "stamped passport".
Submitting my passport at VFS on Wednesday 16th August can I pick it before 26th August? Because I'm booking my flight for 28th August

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2017
maziude:

Boss,

Simple.

Bring your USD to Canada. Then go to the bank you want to open an account with and exchange it there at a good rate. Please, use the bank here for your conversion if you no want waste USD. I got mine for 1.208cad to 1usd (that is, for every 1000 usd, i got 1208cad), while exchange booths were giving 1cad to 1 usd

If you read back, I did a bit of explaining about that.

So no worries.

Mazi... I sight you. Thanks a bunch. But let me ask, what if I bring ££ as that's the most likely case. Would that be okay? I mean banks over there accept? Do you know their conversion? Is it possible to make such findings 4me. Cuz it's gonna be a very painful thing to loose so much in the name of buying black market.

Thank Mazi 1.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LaGrace: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2017
[Congrats].

Praise master Jesus for me.Reapplied may 26th after refusal on may 9th. upfront medical passed 27th July,review of eligibility started 27th July.approved today,passport request today.Thank you to everyone.My brother Judebebo I can't thank you enough.You did everything.Those still waiting for their decision God in his infinite Goodness will sure do it for you.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2017
nwugon:
Congratulations bro, may God help us to get our's approved soon. Start traveling preparations asap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2017
C3PO:
Pls how long (days) does it take between submitting "requested passport" and collecting my "stamped passport".
Submitting my passport at VFS on Wednesday 16th August can I pick it before 26th August? Because I'm booking my flight for 28th August
You should get it next week by God's grace (it takes few days to get it stamped)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.