Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,871 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826058 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Anike22: 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Newman1010:
Go to GTBank n it will be done within 2 days.

But you have to have an account with them though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Alantobie:
Hi. My passport has been dispatched since 3rd of August. Do you think it must have arrived because I'm planning on traveling to Lagos to collect it on the 15th or 16th...pls your reply would be helpful
Bro abeg go collect your passport na, it should be ready now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ziggarrr: 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Voltie:
Thanks guys.
Before I post my profile. I just want to say that I am convinced there's no one size fits all for visa application. These are all the things I did "wrong"

- I didn't pay my fees
- I didn't add any land documents e.t.c as home tie because I couldn't find, plus I did not understand how my parents properties could serve as a home tie for me.
- I'm a pharmacist going for an MBA at MUN
- I have four younger siblings (parents dependents)
- Did not notarize my letter

Submitted : 31/05/17
Biometrics : 05/06/17
Medical mail : 26/07/17
Passport request : the next day 27/07/17
Did my medicals and submitted passport: 27/07/17
Approved : sometime last week
Approval mail : 12/08/17

My tuition is about 8000 CAD

Documents submitted

- all cic forms
- My blank passport showing only U.K. Visa refusal
- Letter of explanation
- Sponsor (mom) passport showing all her visas ( she travels a lot for business)
- Sponsorship letter from mom company stating she's the MD
- Personal sponsorship letter from mom stating she's my mom .
- company SOA ( the balance was 3m at that time) (history also shows plenty international transactions)
- Letter from bank stating she's the sole signatory to the company account
- Moms personal SOA (5.5m)
- Letter from bank stating she's a know customer blah blah
- Company CAC
- One CAC document that shows my dad, me and my siblings are directors of the company ( my nick name was used in that document though) *home tie
- My French language documents (I speak French)
- Pictures of my blog website and social media page (I have a pharmacy blog and a social media page for it) *home tie
- Degree certificate
- Transcript
- My certificate
- Screenshot of a response mail from cashiers office saying payment for tuition begins on the first day of classes
- GMAT test result

In case you are wondering what was in my LOE . I just said I wanted to run a business and since I've seen so many fail, I want first hand knowledge. Also compared Lagos to Newfoundland in terms of start ups. Then I listed the supporting document I was going to attach ( barely a page)

Think that's all. So happy everything worked out because I had doubts.

Major key : I prayed more than I've ever prayed in my life ( okay except my final year in Uni)
Had a similar profile when i applied....congrats and best of luck in your endeavours

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Miles490:
Really? When was that?

Sometimes in May it affected the due date sef, had to defer my admission till January cause of the tuition deposit payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ziggarrr: 12:20am On Aug 14, 2017
Igbouwanile:

So kind of u, kudos to you for de inspiration, i hail you.
would make use of ur advice.
Thanks
Brotherly, i started seeing your posts around the time my trv was approved....i graduated with a 2.1 from a naija university but even after my NYSC, my parents were still giving me money to feed.I was frustrated and confused because i was in my mid-twenties and still can't boast of 100k. Thankfully my trv was approved, i hv been here for some months and i cannot explain to you how far i have come. This place is not easy but its very much worth it....NEVER GIVE UP!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:49am On Aug 14, 2017
I pray that this week will be filled with lots of approvals, positive news all the way....Amen!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 12:51am On Aug 14, 2017
Arebo:
I pray that this week will be filled with lots of approvals, positive news all the way....Amen!

Amen oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:03am On Aug 14, 2017
Ziggarrr:
Brotherly, i started seeing your posts around the time my trv was approved....i graduated with a 2.1 from a naija university but even after my NYSC, my parents were still giving me money to feed.I was frustrated and confused because i was in my mid-twenties and still can't boast of 100k. Thankfully my trv was approved, i hv been here for some months and i cannot explain to you how far i have come. This place is not easy but its very much worth it....NEVER GIVE UP!
Alright, will see what I can do.
Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 1:04am On Aug 14, 2017
@vanod....seems you applied for pGD, what does your online app say, what stage?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Michaelbay: 3:52am On Aug 14, 2017
Voltie:
I finally got approval letter today. So relieved! All glory to God!!

[color=#990000][/color] [b][/b] Congratulation voltie
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cocosmite: 3:55am On Aug 14, 2017
I'm coming to NL bro.
I sent you a message

mcobex:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cocosmite: 3:58am On Aug 14, 2017
Also going to NL

hallasheyi92:

Memorial University of Newfoundland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cocosmite: 4:09am On Aug 14, 2017
Please my dear Canada friends (claim it! smiley)
I'll be schooling in Newfoundland by September this year.
I have a few questions I'll appreciate your feed back.

1. What do you do about cash. Do you open a Domcillary acct or move with in with cash?
Cash options have a drawback being that you could be robbed.
Domcillary I think has a drawback too being availability (not so sure) for cash

2. Being how cold NL what kinda items should I come with from Nigeria. This should include food, clothes , documents etc

Please I'll also need advice on flight booking as well as accommodation

Thanks.
I'll appreciate your assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tuzinde(m): 4:19am On Aug 14, 2017
Alantobie:

Pls do you have their number. Tried the one on their website but it's not available...doesn't ring at all

I had similar experience, for days my phone could not connect to their line. Use another phone to call their number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:24am On Aug 14, 2017
maralina:

Ha my brother, you need a pastor ooo, this thing don tey abeg.. they're even with your passport sev, means you can't even apply to another country if you wantu.. this one weak me sha..nawa
it will end in praise

The only pastor he needs is himself. Full access to the throne of grace has been secured with full confidence for all to enter in. Just tire me all those recanting the God of Adegboye and Oyedepo, not knowing they too have the power.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 5:27am On Aug 14, 2017
Hello gurus in d house, please I need assistance on SOP I had submitted my application since may bt stil expectng thr response & didn't submit SOP wt my application cos I joined this thread b4 I knw thr is something cal SOP. I will b appreciated if somebody can send me a copy 2 edit & upload it online, my email is kenny4uu@hotmail.com I read economics in Nigeria university & am working wt Federal Government establishment as marketing officer rise 2 d post of senior marketing officer wt 8 yrs working experience. Thnk u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 14, 2017
tuzinde:

I had similar experience, for days my phone could not connect to their line. Use another phone to call their number

Okay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 14, 2017
mcobex:

Thank you...I will
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yoshearer(m): 5:41am On Aug 14, 2017
jummolami:

I applied alone.

Thanks.
Hello bro, IMO, I believe your performances intimidated them. FIRST class and distinction as well as good certificates here and there is an indication of not coming back as they may feel you don't need a masters ( at this time when VO's are trying to be vigilant ). I think this is the case because if the VO were an employer, he is sure he would employ you ASAP. I think you should silence some of those certifications as I feel they have worked against you. On the other hand, if your brother has this much, I think in trust, he should be able to send you 3 or 4 million, backing it with a letter as a sign of commitment to sponsoring you. With this, I think it should relief some doubts in the mind of the VO's.
I am new here and I may not be right. Just my opinion. Wish you success. But in all things, we need to pray for the favor of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:59am On Aug 14, 2017
Just a note everyone could learn from, I was reviewing someone's GCMS note and the VO indicated he didn't understand why the person couldn't do the course of study in Nigeria and had chosen to go to Canada. It's always important to let the VOs know in your SOP why you chose Canada, why you could not undertake the course of study in Nigeria. Doing so effectively could land you a TRV. Good luck and God's favor to everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2017
kenny4uu:
Hello gurus in d house, please I need assistance on SOP I had submitted my application since may bt stil expectng thr response & didn't submit SOP wt my application cos I joined this thread b4 I knw thr is something cal SOP. I will b appreciated if somebody can send me a copy 2 edit & upload it online, my email is kenny4uu@hotmail.com I read economics in Nigeria university & am working wt Federal Government establishment as marketing officer rise 2 d post of senior marketing officer wt 8 yrs working experience. Thnk u.
Nobody will give you his/her work to copy...its better you draft yours asap...Here's the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10/254#47434704
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2017
Ziggarrr:
Sir Ziggarrr. Bros where have u been? How is canny treating u sir? Gist us small nah.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2017
Arebo:
AMEN!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:04am On Aug 14, 2017
Cocosmite:
I'm coming to NL bro. I sent you a message
Great, I have replied you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2017
Goodmorning All, is there anyway i can contact CIC through mail. I want to send them a correspondence informing them that my course of choice in Seneca will be starting on 5th of September. Kindly Advice. All the best of today

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
But my Dad's bank is first bank, can he transfer it to my GTBank so I do the form A from there with my Account? I hope that won't border on source of funds on my visa application ?

Newman1010:
Go to GTBank n it will be done within 2 days.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2017
Arebo:
@vanod....seems you applied for pGD, what does your online app say, what stage?

Yea, Medical passed, Processing Background check for a month and.

Fingers Crossed trusting God.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2017
Wango:
Goodmorning All, is there anyway i can contact CIC through mail. I want to send them a correspondence informing them that my course of choice in Seneca will be starting on 5th of September. Kindly Advice. All the best of today

Glad to know you're going to Seneca, which of the Campus? Newnham here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Hurricanecol11: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2017
Good morning house,
Pls I'm done uploading doc but I'd like to include upfront medical, how do I go about it pls?? Do I submit my online applic then go for medical or?? Please kindly assist

Thanks & Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adebunmi07: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Morning friends, am still waiting for medical mail....am meant to resume by 5th Sept Conestoga college...so what can i do...I tried sending CIC a mail but they didn't respond. Pls what can i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Wango: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2017
nice to meet you @vanod, York Campus, have they approve your study permit?
vanod:

Glad to know you're going to Seneca, which of the Campus? Newnham here

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.