Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) (48725 Views)

Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us / Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" / Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Danhumprey: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
of course.

But when government deny certain people their right even when it is not affecting anybody, it becomes abuse of power.

How would you feel if trump wakes up one day and say, hey! No more freedom of speech for the blacks because their shit-talk is causing unrest in the country.

or

The hispanics are never gonna be allowed to vote again because it costs americans more money to print ballot papers?

The reasons sounds pretty legit don't you think?
You are right. it's abuse of power. But most people are looking at this ban on transgenders from a religious point of view. they seem to be attaching religious sentiments to it.
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by MadCow1: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Iamzik:

Sorry it hurts but I can speak categorically about this one. BTW are you transgender? You sound overly concerned.

Anybody can contest anything in court but if the president has acted within his powers then there's nothing you can do bro. The EO will stand

All Obama librard judges overturned the travel ban from California to Hawaii and what did the Supreme Court do? Yea your guess is as good as mine. They upheld it!

A commander in chief has the right to decide that transgender should not work in the military because of the cost implications and other petty issues that accompany sex change. Military is for serious minded people not those who have self confidence crisis to the point of wanting to be what they are not.

You can join them to challenge it in court since you know alot about transgender rights

Wow.. Breathe Hommie. And does one have to be transgender to have an opinion on a topic?

Anyways, my response was to your claim that the CIC can make such blanket decisions and not be challenged by the courts and that statement is wrong. The Supreme Court didn't just uphold the entire provision of the Travel Ban as contained in the Executive Order by the President but just some parts of it. Feel free to refer to the judgement by the Supreme Court.

That said.. I am more than certain this Executive desicion will also be challenged in Court and can be overturned by the court same way the Travel Ban and "Don't ask Don't Tell" was.

Once more breathe.. This isn't a fight.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by EvilMetahuman: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
Danhumprey:
You are right. it's abuse of power. But most people are looking at this ban on transgenders from a religious point of view. they seem to be attaching religious sentiments to it.

Exactly my problem with the whole ban shenanigans.

I hate laws that are based on some people's religious beliefs.

-They want abortion banned cos god hates it but not masturbation or contraceptions.
-They hate gays but not anal sex.
-They hate transgender but boob job.

the hypocrisy reeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by justman911(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
CzarChris:
America is finished, and all thanks to that foolish human waste called Obama. angry angry angry

My brother let me not talk because if I start, I may not stop.
These noisy bunch of mentally derided creatures in NY and LA think they own all of America because they know how to line up on the streets make noise and post pictures abi..... it's not their fault they saw cheap burger and chicken to eat that's why.
I still can't fathom the joy a human gets from abusing the image of God in him in such distasteful manner. I'm down with Trump a 100% on this one and many more like it including the cases on abortions too. I only wish Godly, sane and right minded Americans will flood the streets too and tell these crazy people that they're the minority just incase they've forgotten that.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by linearity: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Danhumprey:
Bro, at this point, I'm going to have to ask you, which side are you on?

Are you pro-science or pro-religion/God?

Because there has to be an explanation for this birth abnormalities.

Theists, especially Christians are quick to tell us God created the universe and all that is in it, including human beings, but are quick to deny that God is responsible for these birth abnormalities, citing that God is perfect and all His work are perfect.

Science seems to have a better explanation as regards these birth abnormalities.

so, which side are you on?

I am a Christian and a scientist. I believed that God's creature were perfect and also believed that that after God created the universe, things were not static.

Many things happened in human race down the road that affected our genetics, DNA, environment and universe giving rise to subsequent species, humans and environmental changes.

I also believed that the account of creation given in Genesis was a small spec, so we can understand that God is the originator of everything and not a comprehensive list of every single thing that God created.

e.g. Rain, Equarquake, etc though not directly created by God, but are resultant from natural interactions between things created by God and we have come to accept them as the norm.

I truly believe that, there are interactions like these within human genetics, giving rise to somethings that do not conform to what we will generally look at as been norm. But it is very wrong to pass a judgement that, since they do not conform, then they must be wrong.

Science is trying to understand these things and the Bible say, in the last days, knowledge shall increase and the truth is, there are many things we do not know. I am a XY male, science have told me now that, there are XX males, it will be foolish of me to use my experiences regarding my gender as an XY male to judge how an XX male should judge his...common sense teaches us that; if one person injects Aspirin, that chemical intake will make him or behave differently compare to someone who did not take Aspirin, talkless of someone that has an extra X chromosome than myself.

Now, am not postulating that, this phenomenal is causing the gender identity issue with non cisgender individuals. All am saying is that, there are things we don't know and we should be able to give each other the benefits of a doubt, when someone say they feel certain way internally. Are there liars? Off course yes, there are people who fake it, just to seek certain ends, but this does not diminish from the fact that, there are people, who this is a fact of life to and they never choose to be like this and we should not disbelieve their experiences just like we wouldn't disbelieve every Pastor out there, because there fake Pastors.

Christians should be especially careful here, the Bible never told us to judge sinners in the world, but to Judge believers. Only God judges sinners and draws conclusions on them and the saints according to the Bible will also judge sinners along with God, not now but after the resurrection, when our mortal personalities must haven taken on immortality and our myopic mind taken on all knowing knowledge.
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Amberon11: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
Thats a whole other topic entirely
AZeD1:

What about Hermaphrodites?
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by IJOBA2: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
MCLATUNJI DEOLS MADRIDGUY ALHAJI TOLEXANDER ALHAJI LUCASBALO TBABA123 I NEED YALL OPINION IN THIS PLEASE
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Follow my post guy, I'm with Donald Trump anyday anytime. I wish he can hire Buratai to purge away the pigs claiming right.

IJOBA2:
MCLATUNJI DEOLS MADRIDGUY ALHAJI TOLEXANDER ALHAJI LUCASBALO TBABA123 I NEED YALL OPINION IN THIS PLEASE
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by IJOBA2: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

Exactly my problem with the whole ban shenanigans.

I hate laws that are based on some people's religious beliefs.

-They want abortion banned cos god hates it but not masturbation or contraceptions.
-They hate gays but not anal sex.
-They hate transgender but boob job.

the hypocrisy reeks.

ACTIVATE YOUR MUSLIM MONIKER AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL NEWS sad
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by IJOBA2: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
madridguy:
Follow my post guy, I'm with Donald Trump anyday anytime. I wish he can hire Buratai to purge away the pigs claiming right.

GOOD
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by EvilMetahuman: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
[s]
IJOBA2:

ACTIVATE YOUR MUSLIM MONIKER AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL NEWS sad
[/s]mumu
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by riyanxeally(f): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
luv trump he stands fr decency
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by fabolousneyo: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
AntiIPOB:
Nothing will happened after much noise they will all go home,for decades America has been governed by people without the fear of God.Ride on Trump.
Well said bro
Exactly
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by somehow: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Jealous of people who don't know where they belong?
authority2006:

Looks like you are jealous of them.
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Mouthgag: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
Explorers:
'There are 15,000 patriotic transgender Americans in the US military fighting for all of us.

What happened to your promise to fight for them?' Jenner asked her 3.9million followers.

New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer was among those present at the protest on Wednesday.

He addressed the crowd with a megaphone and used his speech to poke fun at the president who he said had skipped enlisting in the 1960s so that he could 'hang out at Studio 54'.

The president dodged the draft to serve in the Vietnam war because he had bone spurs in his heels.

Four other deferments were given so that he could pursue his education.
ARE YOU A TRANNY?
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by IJOBA2: 12:39am On Jul 28, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]mumu
ODE
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 3:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 3:08am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 3:12am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 3:16am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Mouthgag: 4:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Bacon21:

Can you refrain from talking in such a childish manner?
Shut up and fück off!
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 4:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by does3(m): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2017
Are these people crazy?, that country is doomed.
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2017
PDPGuy:
Trump hasn't seen anything. He will be shocked to discover that Congress can overturn his Executive Order with the necessary legislation.

'Transgenderism' isn't a clear cut mental disease, and as long as the transgendered military personnel are fit to serve physically and mentally, then I see no reason why they should be barred from serving in the military.

Even the top brass at the Pentagon were shocked by the president's sudden move.

Nonetheless, lawsuits against the president challenging the legality of the EO would likely end in a court victory for the president and the military because the US courts have generally given the military deference in such issues.

Oh shut up already, you disgusting gay puppet!

Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Well well lol
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by rhektor(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bacon21:

Why? Why would anyone else care about how other people identify? How is that offensive?

Truncating nature is offensive isn't it?
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by rhektor(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bacon21:

Why should it concern you? It is not like you are watching them have surgery. Why do you care?

I care because people like you wouldn't
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by rhektor(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bacon21:

And why do you care?
I care because you don't care
Get the picture? undecided
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by Bacon21(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) by rhektor(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bacon21:

No that does not make sense. Why do you care about this?

I care because I'm human, when we stop caring then we start loosing our humanity. Gerrit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'We Wont Kill You, We Will Shoot Your Vagina'- Philippine President To Feminists / Taliban Kill Singer, Fawad Andarabi, Because 'Music Is Forbidden In Islam' / China Deploys Nuclear Missiles, Tanks, Heavy Military Equipment To Taiwan Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.