Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

5 Interesting Things About Benin City - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (27870 Views)

Facts About Benin Origin Of Ikwerre Tribe / 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by valinno(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
interesting
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by JJBROS(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
Albert0011:
And the last one u failed 2 mention is olosho business...go to old college road in aduwawa or igbague mission road,these places are the head quarters of olosho in south south.

I SAW YOUR SISTER THERE NAH

6 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by imepaul(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
Albert0011:
And the last one u failed 2 mention is olosho business...go to old college road in aduwawa or igbague mission road,these places are the head quarters of olosho in south south.

Okpo/Olosho customer spotted!!!

Jst joking o! I grew up in Old road. So we know how d story they be!

normal life! who wan spoil Na em go spoil

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by AceRoyal: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:
How is security in Benin?

Are the cult activities reported in the media overhyped? (only limited to school environments)

Cost of living?

And the witchcraft part too, is that one also overhyped?

I need sincere answers.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by AceRoyal: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:

Are the cult activities reported in the media overhyped? (only limited to school environments)

Cost of living?

I need sincere answers.
Benin city is a nice place to live in.If u don't look for. trouble, it'll never come looking for u.
Don't believe everything u read or hear about on media.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by AreaFada2: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
(6) Ogiamie palace. Perhaps West Africa's oldest continuously inhabited house. Since the 11th century. It is an official national monument.

(7) Holy Aruosa Cathedral. Probably West Africa's oldest Cathedral Church. Oldest indigenous church in Nigeria. Centuries before Cele/Aladura. Oba is head of the church like Queen Elizabeth is head of Anglican church.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by GoodGovernance: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
shocked

Wow!

Is this the same Benin I left in 2009?

Oshiomole really transformed Benin!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by joshrare(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Everything in benin is over hyped...... the place is next to empty, the only thing here are brain drained loosed girls of easy virtues looking for who to cead their responsibility on and yet cheat on him

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by saxyminia: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:

Cost of living?

I need sincere answers.
cult activities is restricted to ekosodin only after there is just a one man squad thing bt when there is a fight any member involved can be killed at any location.

cost of living it very okay with 200-300k u cn gt a very comfortable 3bedroom flat with interlocking tiles most times transport is cool benin still ve distance cost 30naira the highest shud be 200 thats during raining season.
if u talk abt witch craft mayb u shud read d history of Nigeria somewhere in delta has dt....even d ashawo tin is over hyped majority of ashawo in benin re ibo n agbor girls even girls frm far kogi and a few bini bt bini grls lyk overseas boyfriends anyways

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by sosoliso123: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

MORE FACTS ABOUT BENIN-CITY

It is the capital of Witchcraft

Every home has a family member in Italy or Libya, prostituting.

Every family is fetish and has a deity.

Most houses are managed by landladies who have killed their husbands.

The Oba of Benin is worshipped by every family. He is more respected than God.

Every day, girls are bathed publicly at the Ikpobha river in oath-taking rituals or spiritual cleansing.

The stench of iniquity is so strong that the monarch always closes his nose in public.

Every house painted white and blue belongs to the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion.

Every junction is adorned by pots of sacrifice.
are you a South South man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by AmoryBlacq: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:

Cost of living?

I need sincere answers.

Brother you should trust the media now, they escalate details

Edo state/ Benin city is the safest in SS

forget that witchcraft story, every tribe and state has it

the only thing lacking here is industrialization

it's a town of 'flexing' that's why you find hotels at every corner

but the Europe migration story is true!

cost of living here is 1/4 of that of Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by xanie: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every day, girls are bathed publicly at the Ikpobha river in oath-taking rituals or spiritual cleansing.

The stench of iniquity is so strong that the monarch always closes his nose in public.

Every house painted white and blue belongs to the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion.

A more accurate description.
plus the unlimited number of bad roads...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Virtplus(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

u re d most idiotic human i hv known in planet earth,zoology..goat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nice one. Benin city is cursed but foolish nigerian people would only want to state the supposed good qualities that are of little or no value and leave the bad that is dragging the state down and the country as a whole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

your ignorance really outweighs your intelligence. just look for somewhere to sit down and reflect on this stupid piece of junk you just wrote.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by piperson(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by columbus007(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
i see bunch of fooools spewing trash and grinding same like the he -goats and she-goat when grinding its mouth backwards with its dirty teeth about my amiable state,for those who open their soak-away smelling mouth from now let it be known that theres is no town whatsoever thats witches and wizard free,secndly nairaland is systematically turning into a forum of hate,where some dispicable minds come to spread and preach hate speeches,lesson will soonne learned,let who ever dares to quote me wait for the witches and wizard he or she has so much talked about.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
columbus007:
i see bunch of fooools spewing trash and grinding same like the he -goats and she-goat when grinding its mouth backwards with its dirty teeth about my amiable state,for those who open their soak-away smelling mouth from now let it be known that theres is no town whatsoever thats witches and wizard free,secndly nairaland is systematically turning into a forum of hate,where some dispicable minds come to spread and preach hate speeches,lesson will soonne learned,let who ever dares to quote me wait for the witches and wizard he or she has so much talked about.
Oga, dey one side.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
They have wings and do fly anytime of the day.

Every Benin citizens have the inborn skill of flying an aircraft in Edo Airways that's why they're normally called Bini pilots.

Witchcraft is their culture and nothing can take it away from them.

Their girls are diplomats and ambassadors representing the state in Italy.

The Bini and Ishan ladies do obliterate their husbands and thus become land ladies.

And so much more.
Edo people, fear them.

Cc martha89
idiot go to hell.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
sosoliso123:
The guy is from Abia SMH.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by hauwababy: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
holatin:
where is this

6) recipe to travel to Europe without visa, ticket or an air plane is in every home diary.

if you say juju no dey, pls go serve in Edo state
oh Pulllzzz!! There is no where they don't practice juju.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Irritant: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
sosoliso123:

Nope... I think he is just a unique fool grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by czarina(f): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every junction is adorned with pots of sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by holatin(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
hauwababy:
oh Pulllzzz!! There is no where they don't practice juju.
Benin na grade 1

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Irritant: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

When does respecting a monarch become a crime ? Dont worry I know you Dont have any.. Yet you worship your uncircumcised KANU who is working hard to bring death on all of you.. Oga.. Ogun Oba ogha gbue! Ise!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Irritant: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
The guy is from Abia SMH.

Guess he is one of the worshipers of the uncircumcised KANU grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Arabiandude: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:

Cost of living?

I need sincere answers.
According to statistic released by NPF This year, Edo state had the least crime rate compared to other south south state. You can google It.

There are cultist and cult related activities in Benin City, same way with other states in Nigeria and compared to some south south states, P.H, Delta and C.river are way ahead of Edo state.

Cost of living in Edo state as a whole is relatively cheap, and again, compared to other developing cities/states in Nigeria. For just 5k monthly, you can get a good rself contain, 10k monthly, a good 2 bedroom apartment; 15-18-20-25k monthly, a good 3bedroom apartment in highbrow areas.

And also worth of mentioning is that infrastrutural development in benin city has improve and still inproving Since 2008. Unlike before, right now you can get unlimited number of tarred roads with street lights, traffic lights and well planned drainages.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Arabiandude: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
krushdripper:
Nice one. Benin city is cursed but foolish nigerian people would only want to state the supposed good qualities that are of little or no value and leave the bad that is dragging the state down and the country as a whole.
I totally disagree with your assertion, rather i think its your father and you that are cursed.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
Arabiandude:

I totally disagree with your assertion, rather i think its your father and you that are cursed.
Your dissagreement wouldn't undo a fact neither will it change the price of garri in the market, you are one of the reasons why nigeria can hardly move foward, someone would slap you and you'll say he just swung his hand coincidentally in my direction.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Dasgoro: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
The people lashing benin are not scared that their witches can trace them through their lander handle to their abode.

You guys should continue.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
idiot go to hell.
Dumb ass, your comment is irrelivant, you are the one to go to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Evidenx(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:

Cost of living?

I need sincere answers.
Edo state still remain one of the safest state when compared to other states in Nigeria ..and for witchcraft thing, ITS A BIG LIE.. ITS JUST A FALLACY WHICH CAN NOT BE PROVEN, I WAS BORN IN EDO STATE BENIN CITY TO BE PRECISE, EVERY HOME DOESN'T HAVE A LEAST ONE WITCHCRAFT MEMBER EITHER DOES EVERY FAMILY HAVE SOMEONE IN ITALY,NO ONE IS IN ITALY IN MY FAMILY.. ASSUMPTIONS AND SPECULATIONS HAVE BLINDED MANY. EDO STATE NOW IS VERY RELIGIOUS AND HAS SOME OF THE MOST STRONGEST AND DEDICATED CHRISTIANS ..EVERY STREET IN BENIN HAVE AT LEAST 2 CHURCHES IN THAT AREA.. ARCH BISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA THAT SHOOK AFRICA AND THE WORLD WITH D GOSPEL IS FROM EDO STATE, PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS FROM EDO STATE, APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN IS FROM EDO STATE, THESE ARE MEN FROM A STATE THEY SAY IS A WITCHCRAFT STATE.. CHRISTIANITY HAS TAKEN OVER, JESUS REIGNS IN EDO STATE.. DON'T MIND THE LIES HERE ON INTERNET.... COST OF LIVING IS OKAY BUT THEY INCREASE PRICE OF GOODS EVERYDAY AND ALL THANKS TO OUR IGBO BROTHER'S FOR THAT.......... CULT ACTIVITIES IS OVER HYPED ON THE INTERNET, IF YOU NOT A CULTIST THEN YOU HAVE NO FEAR, SINCE I WAS BORN I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CULT ISSUES... . ONE LOVE BRO.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo' Wife Reveal The Mischief She Got Up To When She Was Still Single / 5 Stylish Under-50 Nigerian Kings & Their Beautiful Wives / Ghanaian Stunt Man Rises After An Epic Shameful Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.