Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

5 Interesting Things About Benin City - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (27874 Views)

Facts About Benin Origin Of Ikwerre Tribe / 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Evidenx(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

MORE FACTS ABOUT BENIN-CITY

It is the capital of Witchcraft

Every home has a family member in Italy or Libya, prostituting.

Every family is fetish and has a deity.

Most houses are managed by landladies who have killed their husbands.

The Oba of Benin is worshipped by every family. He is more respected than God.

Every day, girls are bathed publicly at the Ikpobha river in oath-taking rituals or spiritual cleansing.

The stench of iniquity is so strong that the monarch always closes his nose in public.

Every house painted white and blue belongs to the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion.

Every junction is adorned with pots of sacrifice.
YOUR MUMU DEY INCREASE EVERYDAY, KEEP FOOLING YOURSELF AND TALKING YOURSELF OUT OF RELEVANCE,... THUNDER AND PETROL FALL ON YOUR HEAD FOR POURING OUT LIES ....BE ROASTED BY FIRE � � �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by sajems: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every day, girls are bathed publicly at the Ikpobha river in oath-taking rituals or spiritual cleansing.

The stench of iniquity is so strong that the monarch always closes his nose in public.

Every house painted white and blue belongs to the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion.

Who is this nitwit self
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
krushdripper:
Dumb ass, your comment is irrelivant, you are the one to go to hell.
its not relevant but you quote me?ozuor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by iluvdonjazzy: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

and we have thousands of church there, edo my lovely state.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by kpokpo1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
onward4life:
Sakponba RD for life!!!

New Benin...

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by iluvdonjazzy: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Albert0011:
And the last one u failed 2 mention is olosho business...go to old college road in aduwawa or igbague mission road,these places are the head quarters of olosho in south south.
pls na how mush per round
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by comos: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:
How is security in Benin?

Are the cult activities reported in the media overhyped? (only limited to school environments)

Cost of living?

And the witchcraft part too, is that one also overhyped?

I need sincere answers.

Benin city is the cheapest and peaceful place to stay in Nigeria

except you are a cult member, then you have your rival to contend with , else nobody have your time.

the witch-craft is highly over-hype. there are more churches and schools than any other state around
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
its not relevant but you quote me?ozuor.
Quoting you was to let you know your irrelivancy and nothing else, omnphan nor ma ehn negbe e.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by rexlims(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
holatin:
where is this

6) recipe to travel to Europe without visa, ticket or an air plane is in every home diary.

if you say juju no dey, pls go serve in Edo state

swear say juju no dey ur village
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by OgaBuhari: 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
Evidenx:
Edo state still remain one of the safest state when compared to other states in Nigeria ..and for witchcraft thing, ITS A BIG LIE.. ITS JUST A FALLACY WHICH CAN NOT BE PROVEN, I WAS BORN IN EDO STATE BENIN CITY TO BE PRECISE, EVERY HOME DOESN'T HAVE A LEAST ONE WITCHCRAFT MEMBER EITHER DOES EVERY FAMILY HAVE SOMEONE IN ITALY,NO ONE IS IN ITALY IN MY FAMILY.. ASSUMPTIONS AND SPECULATIONS HAVE BLINDED MANY. EDO STATE NOW IS VERY RELIGIOUS AND HAS SOME OF THE MOST STRONGEST AND DEDICATED CHRISTIANS ..EVERY STREET IN BENIN HAVE AT LEAST 2 CHURCHES IN THAT AREA.. ARCH BISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA THAT SHOOK AFRICA AND THE WORLD WITH D GOSPEL IS FROM EDO STATE, PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS FROM EDO STATE, APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN IS FROM EDO STATE, THESE ARE MEN FROM A STATE THEY SAY IS A WITCHCRAFT STATE.. CHRISTIANITY HAS TAKEN OVER, JESUS REIGNS IN EDO STATE.. DON'T MIND THE LIES HERE ON INTERNET.... COST OF LIVING IS OKAY BUT THEY INCREASE PRICE OF GOODS EVERYDAY AND ALL THANKS TO OUR IGBO BROTHER'S FOR THAT.......... CULT ACTIVITIES IS OVER HYPED ON THE INTERNET, IF YOU NOT A CULTIST THEN YOU HAVE NO FEAR, SINCE I WAS BORN I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CULT ISSUES... . ONE LOVE BRO.
wow best comment on this thread.
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by czarina(f): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Evidenx:
Edo state still remain one of the safest state when compared to other states in Nigeria ..and for witchcraft thing, ITS A BIG LIE.. ITS JUST A FALLACY WHICH CAN NOT BE PROVEN, I WAS BORN IN EDO STATE BENIN CITY TO BE PRECISE, EVERY HOME DOESN'T HAVE A LEAST ONE WITCHCRAFT MEMBER EITHER DOES EVERY FAMILY HAVE SOMEONE IN ITALY,NO ONE IS IN ITALY IN MY FAMILY.. ASSUMPTIONS AND SPECULATIONS HAVE BLINDED MANY. EDO STATE NOW IS VERY RELIGIOUS AND HAS SOME OF THE MOST STRONGEST AND DEDICATED CHRISTIANS ..EVERY STREET IN BENIN HAVE AT LEAST 2 CHURCHES IN THAT AREA.. ARCH BISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA THAT SHOOK AFRICA AND THE WORLD WITH D GOSPEL IS FROM EDO STATE, PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS FROM EDO STATE, APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN IS FROM EDO STATE, THESE ARE MEN FROM A STATE THEY SAY IS A WITCHCRAFT STATE.. CHRISTIANITY HAS TAKEN OVER, JESUS REIGNS IN EDO STATE.. DON'T MIND THE LIES HERE ON INTERNET.... COST OF LIVING IS OKAY BUT THEY INCREASE PRICE OF GOODS EVERYDAY AND ALL THANKS TO OUR IGBO BROTHER'S FOR THAT.......... CULT ACTIVITIES IS OVER HYPED ON THE INTERNET, IF YOU NOT A CULTIST THEN YOU HAVE NO FEAR, SINCE I WAS BORN I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CULT ISSUES... . ONE LOVE BRO.
Are you minding these misinformed people spilling their ignorance on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
there is this great church I use to attend in Benin city. before paying your tithe, it is announced if you are a thief, kiddnapper, arm robber , football bettor & all gambling scheme and get quick rich scheme, prostitute, etc do not drop your tithe here. For those of you talking about witches it simply means your Christianity is a total waste if you still fear ordinary witches that are rank lowest in the dark or evil kingdom.

Lagos in particular & some states I once lived can best be described as the sodom and Gomorrah of Africa. A sinner in Benin city is a saint in lagos

what I don't like in Benin City is the rate at which non native / Edos are polluting the land. Benin people shine your eyes

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
krushdripper:
Nice one. Benin city is cursed but foolish nigerian people would only want to state the supposed good qualities that are of little or no value and leave the bad that is dragging the state down and the country as a whole.
Your generations are cursed for making that statement.. Foolish person. Is there any where in this country without negative sides to it? Opening that ur sh!thole of a mouth to talk nonsense
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
krushdripper:
Quoting you was to let you know your irrelivancy and nothing else, omnphan nor ma ehn negbe e.
fool get lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by brossam2001(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
@nwaamakpe the Doctor said Two in the morning and two in the evening, u ve overtaken the dose. Idiot.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by OgaBuhari: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
You are such a liar i dont know you. But but we are not Ora or Akwa ibom etc. We are so wicked but we still accommodate people more your cannibal and ritualist tribe. How many non Esans have we killed?
lol its me grandfinale2017 the akwa ibomite That resides in Benin.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
lol its me grandfinale2017 the akwa ibomite That resides in Benin.
But your people are killing kids because of witchcraft and Annag people still practice cannibalism and so on. So what is your problem? Why are you pained because i dont see what you see and why its your headche if i defend my tribe from insult?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by OgaBuhari: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
but your people are killing kids because of witchcraft ,Annag people still practice cannibalism and so on. So what is your problem us?
please can you enlighten me about the stereotyped belief that esan ladies do become widows and land ladies at a tender age?
Are you also one of such?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
please can you enlighten me about the stereotyped belief that esan ladies do become widows and land ladies at a tender age?
The stereotype should be meant for Akwa ibom because i heard the same thing too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 6:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
You dont know what are you talking about because most Esan ladies are not landladies because Esan men have too much ego to let that happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by OgaBuhari: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
You dont know what are you talking about because most Esan ladies are not landladies because Esan men have too much ego to let that happen.
lol let's call for peace.
okay you're edolite while I'm akwa ibomite.
We're one Niger deltans from the same region.
Eventually we could agitate and attain our own independence as Niger deltans comprising of cross river state, akwa ibom, Bayelsa, rivers state, delta state and Edo.
Won't you like it?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
lol let's call for peace.
okay you're edolite while I'm akwa ibomite.
We're one Niger deltans from the same region.
Eventually we could agitate and attain our own independence as Niger deltans comprising of cross river state, akwa ibom, Bayelsa, rivers state, delta state and Edo.
Won't you like it?
cool lol this topic is about benin city not even about Esan. I dont have problem with people calling names but i hate how people pour so much insults on us and dont want to see anything positive about the State or others. Peace out .I blame those Edos disgracing themselves in Europe and on Social media.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by unuane1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
lol your reply is savage lol. No mind those edo people. They don't like when the truth about their sorry state is being exposed.
I even know that Martha of a lady.
She's a lady from the most wicked part of edo.
The Esans
I will advice you bro that if u don't know a thing about a people or place it's better to keep shut OK. Is there any state in Nigeria that don't have cultists or witches? You should read a book first before hinting on it conclusion. Visit Benin city for first hand information. The honest truth is in Benin city if you are not a cultists you will never have problem with one.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by DeRay98(m): 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It become the agenda of Igbos to blackmail Binis at every given opportunity for reasons best known to them.
When they hear of Benin their ear rises like s dog whose master just arrived home after days of absence.
Igbos do business and prosper in Benin without harassment yet, they label Benin black.
Bini are not pretentious like you people, every igbo claim Christianity and particularly Catholicism but you how come so many evil forests in their land?
Until Okija forest was busted by the Police some years ago and the world saw the horror Igbos pretend about nobody would have believed it.
The Bini have been predominantly traditional worshippers and they don't hide to claim to something else.
Binis are usually easy going but don't take it for weakness, try it and you'll see the fire in their bones.
You guys know that there are a people you guys can't intimidate, it's the Edo people.
That's why you're scared and resort to mudslinging at the Edos. One day our abused hospitality will turn into curse for your bitter and hateful souls.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Arabiandude: 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
krushdripper:
Your dissagreement wouldn't undo a fact neither will it change the price of garri in the market, you are one of the reasons why nigeria can hardly move foward, someone would slap you and you'll say he just swung his hand coincidentally in my direction.
How Does This trash that you typed relates with the issue at hand?
i still insist that its you and your father that are cursed and not my Edo State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by KxngKrypt(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
Usually, when I see a post about benin city, I dont even click on it, cause I know I'll see the same ignorant stereotyping. All of which are false. First off, the issue of witchcraft in Benin city is very played out. People make it look as if Witches are as numerous as birds and everybody is one. I've stayed all my life in Edo, and I have never encountered one. Infact, I dont even believe witches exist. Second is the prostitution issue, Although there are some bad eggs, but not all ladies are prostitutes as people make it. And besides, Everybody deported from libya or italy automatically become Edo. When a yoruba, igbo or ijaw person gets deported, they say they are from Edo state.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by monex(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

that's his mouse not his nose. yeye boy
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by holatin(m): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
rexlims:

swear say juju no dey ur village
na apala and Fuji dey my village

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Onebendelonelov: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hello if you are interested putting midwest region known as bendel please reply back. Or there's a thread called[b] "the beginning of bendel"[/b] just for information.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by KxngKrypt(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
In the whole of Nigeria, tell me one place where Juju nor dey. Sacrificing is dead in Edo as far as I know, The diety worshippers in the interior villages nor even get time for sacrifice again. The Oba is not Worshipped, only respected. There's nothing special when it comes to crime in Benin, crime is everywhere. I nor dey too blame people for the stereotyping sha, Na ignorance dey cause am. My few words cant make a difference tho, It cannot change the mindset of the ignoramus who chooses to dive into Edo state matter like Michael phelps into Olympic swimming pools. After all, Im just a drop in a mighty ocean. But I don talk my own. #IRepthe052.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Stunt Man Rises After An Epic Shameful Fall / How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? / African American Tourists Visit Oba Of Benin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.