Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

5 Interesting Things About Benin City - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (27871 Views)

Facts About Benin Origin Of Ikwerre Tribe / 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
martha89:
fool get lost.
You're already lost, Godforsaken prostitute
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
undecided
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
dairykidd:

Your generations are cursed for making that statement.. Foolish person. Is there any where in this country without negative sides to it? Opening that ur sh!thole of a mouth to talk nonsense
Curse is back to your generations, fetish monkey, na so una don curse curse una self with una witch craft, you can hardly see an edo person progressing, if u want to curse sm1, go to ur smelling state cos as for me, you'll just be cursing yourself and your family, poo brain
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by krushdripper(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
[quote author=martha89 post=58892779][/quote] No, as a martha of fact, you remain a Godforsaken prostitute
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by osahon360(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
i m from oredo LGA.i waz brought up in the south west and i kept hearing several rumurs and lies about benin and i believed it anyone but wen i traveled to benin in my early twenties i realize dat edo st is very calm and peaceful.i waz proud to asdociate wit my people.the city is so bubbling and i must cinfessed dat i really wanna extend my stay because its an interesting place to live even more dan the over hyped lagos city.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
krushdripper:
Curse is back to your generations, fetish monkey, na so una don curse curse una self with una witch craft, you can hardly see an edo person progressing, if u want to curse sm1, go to ur smelling state cos as for me, you'll just be cursing yourself and your family, poo brain
Lol see who dey progress grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Onebendelonelov: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2017
osahon360:
i m from oredo LGA.i waz brought up in the south west and i kept hearing several rumurs and lies about benin and i believed it anyone but wen i traveled to benin in my early twenties i realize dat edo st is very calm and peaceful.i waz proud to asdociate wit my people.the city is so bubbling and i must cinfessed dat i really wanna extend my stay because its an interesting place to live even more dan the over hyped lagos city.

https://bendeliteempowermentblog./2017/07/24/first-blog-post/
If you can't contact the link below search up a thread called "the beginning of bendel" there's to of them one with the info just in case you can't reach the link on the other thread.
Ps. Please spread the message.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by pauloski12(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
oba ha to kpe a
use............
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by madone: 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
eleojo23:
How is security in Benin?

Are the cult activities reported in the media overhyped? (only limited to school environments)

Cost of living?

And the witchcraft part too, is that one also overhyped?

I need sincere answers.
benin city is a sweet two to be.cost of living is just like Lagos
Security situation is as everywhere in Nigeria
Witches are everywhere even in London.kogi state beat benin in witchcraft.even omuwo in ekiti state.life in Benin is fun
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by madone: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
I stayed in benin for 6years from 2006 to 2013 I passed thru there last week on my way to PH. I was soo surprised the town is something else. You can say any thing about bini people, the only thing I know is that they get angry too quick.and they can become fanatics in anything,religion,money making,traveling. They re good friends too.but dont ever speak ill of their oba friend or no friend.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by NavyBlue: 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
They have wings and do fly anytime of the day.

Every Benin citizens have the inborn skill of flying an aircraft in Edo Airways that's why they're normally called Bini pilots.

Witchcraft is their culture and nothing can take it away from them.

Their girls are diplomats and ambassadors representing the state in Italy.

The Bini and Ishan ladies do obliterate their husbands and thus become land ladies.

And so much more.
Edo people, fear them.

Cc martha89

Bro, it's Esan not Ishan
it shows u know nothing about us
u just sit in ur room and type trash, i'm sure u've never visited Edo state, u just talk because others are talking and generalize based on what u've heard. And dude, there are witches everywhere, even in ur hometown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by NkayTiana(f): 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
It's over rated cos I have lived here all my life.. depends on the area in the aspect of security and there's no where you don't see witches.. all they say is over rated,I agree with just in every family one person must be in italy
eleojo23:
How is security in Benin?

Are the cult activities reported in the media overhyped? (only limited to school environments)

Cost of living?

And the witchcraft part too, is that one also overhyped?

I need sincere answers.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
grin shocked grin

Until NwaAmaikpe's head is used for a "T-junction" sacrifice, his senses will remain plagued.

NwaAmaikpe, Ogun oba gha gbueè.
Ewobi!!!
Ugha zaga!
Ozuor dan!
Ewé

Now, back to the subject matter;

Edo state is one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria. Edo people are very hospitable, cheerful, intelligent & creative.
Benin city is popularly called the ancient city because, it is the cradle of black civilization. Cost of living in Benin city is absolutely very encouraging & affordable.

The Oba of Benin is one of the most revered monarchs in the universe.

Omo n'Oba gha tor kperè
Isè

Many have been misinformed & misguided concerning Edo state. A whole lot of people believe that, there are more witches in Edo state than anywhere else in Nigeria. THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!
It is true that, there was an era when witchcraft activities was prevalent in Edo state & Benin city was tipped to become the headquarters of witches, but GOD THRU HIS ANOINTED SERVANT, LATE ARCHBISHOP BENSON ANDREW IDAHOSA MADE SURE IT NEVER HAPPENED!
Since then, witchcraft activities have been drastically curtailed. You rarely hear of such things these days!
Mind you, no state nor city in the world is absolutely free of witches & wizards.
Edo people are God fearing & highly religious. No wonder the high proliferation of churches today across the state.
There are still pockets of traditional worshippers though as you have in other parts of Nigeria.

Some of the major churches in Nigeria founded by Edo indigenes are;
1. Church of God mission int'l inc. Founded by Late Archbishop B.A Idahosa
2. Believer's love world aka christ embassy. Founded by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
3. Omega Fire Ministries. Founded by Apostle Johnson Suleiman
4. New Covenant Gospel Church. Founded by Rev. Felix Omobude (Current PFN president)
5. Spirit and life bible church. Found by Pastor Eunice & Gordon Osagiede

Secondly, the issue of cultism is actually overhyped. Although, there was a time when cultism was at its peak in Edo state, on the different campuses (UNIBEN, AAU EKPOMA, AUCHI POLY, COLBEN), and on the streets. All that has since been checkmated. I was on the dreaded campus of AAU Ekpoma and all thru my time in sch, never for once was I caught up in cult wahala. I was able to convince others that campus was safe and they came in and graduated without any trouble as well.

You rarely hear of cult clashes in Benin these days. You need to be alive to chase the paper, SAY NO TO CULTISM!

God bless Edo state!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by stukinherdr1222(m): 12:41am On Jul 28, 2017
Evidenx:
Edo state still remain one of the safest state when compared to other states in Nigeria ..and for witchcraft thing, ITS A BIG LIE.. ITS JUST A FALLACY WHICH CAN NOT BE PROVEN, I WAS BORN IN EDO STATE BENIN CITY TO BE PRECISE, EVERY HOME DOESN'T HAVE A LEAST ONE WITCHCRAFT MEMBER EITHER DOES EVERY FAMILY HAVE SOMEONE IN ITALY,NO ONE IS IN ITALY IN MY FAMILY.. ASSUMPTIONS AND SPECULATIONS HAVE BLINDED MANY. EDO STATE NOW IS VERY RELIGIOUS AND HAS SOME OF THE MOST STRONGEST AND DEDICATED CHRISTIANS ..EVERY STREET IN BENIN HAVE AT LEAST 2 CHURCHES IN THAT AREA.. ARCH BISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA THAT SHOOK AFRICA AND THE WORLD WITH D GOSPEL IS FROM EDO STATE, PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS FROM EDO STATE, APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN IS FROM EDO STATE, THESE ARE MEN FROM A STATE THEY SAY IS A WITCHCRAFT STATE.. CHRISTIANITY HAS TAKEN OVER, JESUS REIGNS IN EDO STATE.. DON'T MIND THE LIES HERE ON INTERNET.... COST OF LIVING IS OKAY BUT THEY INCREASE PRICE OF GOODS EVERYDAY AND ALL THANKS TO OUR IGBO BROTHER'S FOR THAT.......... CULT ACTIVITIES IS OVER HYPED ON THE INTERNET, IF YOU NOT A CULTIST THEN YOU HAVE NO FEAR, SINCE I WAS BORN I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CULT ISSUES... . ONE LOVE BRO.

your head get oil ....

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:41am On Jul 28, 2017
hummmm diz one na confirm edolite...old college road u mean opposite big joe ventures after the popular amala womanthat zanga has been existing since early 90s oooo grin grin grin grin the code name was kpako house then... grin grin grin
Albert0011:
And the last one u failed 2 mention is olosho business...go to old college road in aduwawa or igbague mission road,these places are the head quarters of olosho in south south.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:01am On Jul 28, 2017
well bro..i disagree with some things u said...when they said every home has a juju or has someone italy it doesnt literally means its true..but the ascension is statistically the latter is dominant..make no mistake i grew up in edo state..spent over 25yrs there..mind you the self confessed men of god you mentioned there all have questionable scandals which you cant disprove either..the only man i respect is BENSON IDAHOSA OF BLESSED MEMORY..WE MIGHT JUST NEVER HAVE HIS TYPE AGAIN...let me not confuse u or try to argue with you..the point is until recently auchi poly was the headquarters of cultism in the whole of Nigeria,witchcraft and diabolical things its actually revered in the city than any other place i have visited not that its not popular but its very real ..protect yourself always or become a victim...sadly u said every street there are atleast 2 churches..?i will try not to insult you ..but if i was ur brother or friend u will have big issues to spew that thrash...churches everywhere what impact does it have in the city??plz dont decieve ursef...when i visited home in 2015 by 7pm everyone was rounding up to go inside ..vikings/eiye/aiye cult groups were on the rampage..SK Girls /RUNS GIRLS has taken over ..the only industries in edo state is beer parlors,guest house,hotel,open bush bars,petrol station,church,private school and fast food...if u care to quote me pls know this i am not late 80s child i kinda enjoyed bini when it was ok and before u discredit all i have i said try to prove your points..because even as we speak now at uwasota road in benin there is a cult war..
Evidenx:
Edo state still remain one of the safest state when compared to other states in Nigeria ..and for witchcraft thing, ITS A BIG LIE.. ITS JUST A FALLACY WHICH CAN NOT BE PROVEN, I WAS BORN IN EDO STATE BENIN CITY TO BE PRECISE, EVERY HOME DOESN'T HAVE A LEAST ONE WITCHCRAFT MEMBER EITHER DOES EVERY FAMILY HAVE SOMEONE IN ITALY,NO ONE IS IN ITALY IN MY FAMILY.. ASSUMPTIONS AND SPECULATIONS HAVE BLINDED MANY. EDO STATE NOW IS VERY RELIGIOUS AND HAS SOME OF THE MOST STRONGEST AND DEDICATED CHRISTIANS ..EVERY STREET IN BENIN HAVE AT LEAST 2 CHURCHES IN THAT AREA.. ARCH BISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA THAT SHOOK AFRICA AND THE WORLD WITH D GOSPEL IS FROM EDO STATE, PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME IS FROM EDO STATE, APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN IS FROM EDO STATE, THESE ARE MEN FROM A STATE THEY SAY IS A WITCHCRAFT STATE.. CHRISTIANITY HAS TAKEN OVER, JESUS REIGNS IN EDO STATE.. DON'T MIND THE LIES HERE ON INTERNET.... COST OF LIVING IS OKAY BUT THEY INCREASE PRICE OF GOODS EVERYDAY AND ALL THANKS TO OUR IGBO BROTHER'S FOR THAT.......... CULT ACTIVITIES IS OVER HYPED ON THE INTERNET, IF YOU NOT A CULTIST THEN YOU HAVE NO FEAR, SINCE I WAS BORN I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY CULT ISSUES... . ONE LOVE BRO.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:13am On Jul 28, 2017
innosaint27:
grin shocked grin

Until NwaAmaikpe's head is used for a "T-junction" sacrifice, his senses will remain plagued.

NwaAmaikpe, Ogun oba gha gbueè.
Ewobi!!!
Ugha zaga!
Ozuor dan!
Ewé

Now, back to the subject matter;

Edo state is one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria. Edo people are very hospitable, cheerful, intelligent & creative.
Benin city is popularly called the ancient city because, it is the cradle of black civilization. Cost of living in Benin city is absolutely very encouraging & affordable.

The Oba of Benin is one of the most revered monarchs in the universe.

Omo n'Oba gha tor kperè
Isè

Many have been misinformed & misguided concerning Edo state. A whole lot of people believe that, there are more witches in Edo state than anywhere else in Nigeria. THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!
It is true that, there was an era when witchcraft activities was prevalent in Edo state & Benin city was tipped to become the headquarters of witches, but GOD THRU HIS ANOINTED SERVANT, LATE ARCHBISHOP BENSON ANDREW IDAHOSA MADE SURE IT NEVER HAPPENED!
Since then, witchcraft activities have been drastically curtailed. You rarely hear of such things these days!
Mind you, no state nor city in the world is absolutely free of witches & wizards.
Edo people are God fearing & highly religious. No wonder the high proliferation of churches today across the state.
There are still pockets of traditional worshippers though as you have in other parts of Nigeria.

Some of the major churches in Nigeria founded by Edo indigenes are;
1. Church of God mission int'l inc. Founded by Late Archbishop B.A Idahosa
2. Believer's love world aka christ embassy. Founded by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
3. Omega Fire Ministries. Founded by Apostle Johnson Suleiman
4. New Covenant Gospel Church. Founded by Rev. Felix Omobude (Current PFN president)
5. Spirit and life bible church. Found by Pastor Eunice & Gordon Osagiede

Secondly, the issue of cultism is actually overhyped. Although, there was a time when cultism was at its peak in Edo state, on the different campuses (UNIBEN, AAU EKPOMA, AUCHI POLY, COLBEN), and on the streets. All that has since been checkmated. I was on the dreaded campus of AAU Ekpoma and all thru my time in sch, never for once was I caught up in cult wahala. I was able to convince others that campus was safe and they came in and graduated without any trouble as well.

You rarely hear of cult clashes in Benin these days. You need to be alive to chase the paper, SAY NO TO CULTISM!

God bless Edo state!

"Secondly, the issue of cultism is actually overhyped. Although, there was a time when cultism was at its peak in Edo state, on the different campuses (UNIBEN, AAU EKPOMA, AUCHI POLY, COLBEN), and on the streets. All that has since been checkmated. I was on the dreaded campus of AAU Ekpoma and all thru my time in sch, never for once was I caught up in cult wahala. I was able to convince others that campus was safe and they came in and graduated without any trouble as well.

God bless Edo state!"bro u sabi propaganda pass APC oooo....u ursef knw u just lied...u people just take the social media to lie to people ...people cant just be honest..right now around okhoro,uwasota,medical stores there is a cold cult clash,every street in bini is ravaged by cultism...i know this because i am a full blooded edolite...the popular slogan of almost every teenager now in bini is"u know who i be?"please oga linus..does that question sound like he was trying to show his complimentary card or governorship ticket?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:18am On Jul 28, 2017
ahhahahahha lol@ozuo...havent heard that since ages oooo you kinda made me blush this morning ...
martha89:
its not relevant but you quote me?ozuor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 2:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Although i am from the area that is strong PDP i support Obaseki and i follow the progress of the state. The witchcraft and juju jokes will get old when Edo state start making progress which it will soon under Obaseki. Can somebody make a thread about Edo state progress under Obaseki and i am ready to contribute about the project going on in my area.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by GeneralSnipper: 6:21am On Jul 28, 2017
"Them say who no go, no know". I lived in Benin City (Ikpoba-Hill) for most of my life. Whatever I am today, I give credit to the things I learned from that great city. I must not forget to Mention that a lot of great people have come out of Benin City. A lot of popular figures in Nigeria today especially in sports, entertainment and media houses spent a great/some part of their lives in the Old Bendel which Benin was a part of (Find out for yourself, I am not ready to argue). Late Stephen Keshi, Majek Fashek, Sir Victor Uwaifo, I go dye, Late Felix Okugbe of AIT, Sulai Aledeh of Channels TV, Ali baba, basket mouth, Bovi etc all have histories in this city that some people have decided to say whatever they like about. I was even in the same secondary school with Super Eagles defender Elderson Echiejile for some time. In as much as people prefer to paint the town black a lot of great talent have come from there.

I agree there's a lot of cultism in Benin, but the truth remains that we have all kinds of gang and thugs in every society, even abroad. I attended two higher institutions known for cult activities in Edo state and I successfully completed my education without having any issues with cultists, it's a matter of choice. Even in the environment where I grew up in Benin, there was a lot of cult activities but they never crossed my path. If you travel around the country you will know that Cultism is not just peculiar to Benin alone. At least I have lived in the North-west and south western part of Nigeria so I can tell from my little experience there. I think the main issue is that these activities were very popular way back in Benin and so a lot of people still have their mindset fixed in that era. One of the most popular crimes there today is even what is called 419/yahoo and not even all the other things being talked about. Again, we cannot attribute this to Benin city alone it is what many youths in Nigeria have turned to now using unemployment and economic issues in the country as an excuse. However, things have really changed in recent times in Benin City.

In terms of prostitution, I don't think Benin has more prostitutes than other cities I have lived in Nigeria talk less of strip clubs. When I was working in Lagos, I had a neighbour who was transferred to Benin and anytime we spoke on the phone he was excited to be in Benin. He used to always say nice things about Benin and told me he prefers the life there than to Lagos in almost every aspect. And truth be told, Benin is home to people from all over Nigeria so it is not just the people from the state that are involved in all these activities that have been mentioned. Benin is like a transit zone with a lot of travelers passing through the city daily.

As for the witch craft thing, we grew up hearing several stories here and there but I never witnessed or experienced any such thing. I only know that I used to always come across pots containing stuffs used as sacrifice by the road side regularly and that has also gone down in recent times.

Yes, they travel abroad a lot but it's not everyone that comes here for the same reason. I am somewhere in the American continent today studying and working and I know so many others who grew up in Benin who are doing well for themselves in their business and professional life in different parts of the world.

Let us try to understand the criticality of the contents we post on the internet. We need to always strike a balance and refrain from giving out information we are not 100% sure of the validity. Benin like every city has its ups and downs (the good, the bad and the ugly). We need to embrace other peoples culture and way of life so we can integrate easily wherever we find ourselves and live happily together.

I live you guys with this quote; The Danger of a single story, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche: “The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.”
― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

4 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by tamquezee(m): 7:59am On Jul 28, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=58885898][/quote]

Did u know I showed ur post to my girlfriend and she confirmed all what u wrote is true? I am scared dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by NwaAmaikpe: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2017
tamquezee:

Did u know I showed ur post to my girlfriend and she confirmed all what u wrote is true? I am scared dear

shocked

I don't tell lies,
No mater how absurd my stories sound, they are true.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
"bro u sabi propaganda pass APC oooo....u ursef knw u just lied...u people just take the social media to lie to people ...people cant just be honest..right now around okhoro,uwasota,medical stores there is a cold cult clash,every street in bini is ravaged by cultism...i know this because i am a full blooded edolite...the popular slogan of almost every teenager now in bini is"u know who i be?"please oga linus..does that question sound like he was trying to show his complimentary card or governorship ticket?

Oga, there is no aspect of my comment that is an APC-like propaganda or lies. I did mention that, THERE WAS A TIME WHEN CULTISM WAS AT ITS PEAK IN EDO STATE ESPECIALLY ON THE DIFFERENT CAMPUSES AND STREETS IN BENIN CITY. Does that sound like a lie?

Today, the story is clearly different. You can't compare Benin city of few years ago & now and not agree with my stand point that, cultism and cult related activities have since reduced to an applaudable minimum.

You have mentioned that, currently there is a cold war between rival cults in OKHORO, MEDICAL STORES RD & UWASOTA. This is still not a significant point of argument to change recent facts because in other cities in Nigeria like Lagos, Calabar, P/H we constantly get news of cult violence and killings, this we see even on Nairaland here.
This your claim of recent cult war in benin city is yet to make last page talk less of front page on any news talk less of here on nairaland.

I grew up in Medical, okhoro, and Uselu and I know the story & can tell it better sir.
I am currently in Benin city and so far, have not heard the slightest of cult news. I am not even interested sir!

If a small boy brags by saying 'u know who I be' in Benin city, that one never c anything that is why.

Who no go, no know!

Oga, if u stay out of cult matters you will live in Benin city and walk the streets anytime of the day without harassment. Mind you, many so called Jews are even the most feared. I know that from personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 28, 2017
tamquezee:

If your gf is from Edo state and she confirms the contents of NwaAmaikpe's post to be true, and this has fired fear into you, then her brains need washing & re-setting.

Anyways, since you are scared just break up with her and save your chicken heart the trouble of dying from cardiovascular shock!

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by YoungLionken(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2017
Long live His Royal Majesty,D Omo'n'Oba Nedo Uku Akpolokpolo n'Oba Ewuare d 2nd,Long live Benin City, Long live d people of Edo State!!! We wud continue to grow in grace nd honour...
Talking abt witchcraft nd cultism, it had reduced to d lowest minimal, prostitution too...CHRIST had taken over,Churches can be likened to MTN slogan "evry where U go" in Benin as Churches can be located at evry villages, towns nd in d City too...Dos currently in Benin can honestly testify to dis....

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Iamdmentor1(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2017
eee777:
there is this great church I use to attend in Benin city. before paying your tithe, it is announced if you are a thief, kiddnapper, arm robber , football bettor & all gambling scheme and get quick rich scheme, prostitute, etc do not drop your tithe here. For those of you talking about witches it simply means your Christianity is a total waste if you still fear ordinary witches that are rank lowest in the dark or evil kingdom.

Lagos in particular & some states I once lived can best be described as the sodom and Gomorrah of Africa. A sinner in Benin city is a saint in lagos

what I don't like in Benin City is the rate at which non native / Edos are polluting the land. Benin people shine your eyes

Hakodesh
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by tamquezee(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
innosaint27:

If your gf is from Edo state and she confirms the contents of NwaAmaikpe's post to be true, and this has fired fear into you, then her brains need washing & re-setting.

Anyways, since you are scared just break up with her and save your chicken heart the trouble of dying from cardiovascular shock!

Guy wait wait wait, I know every guy or lady wants to defend his or her place of origin or tribe if painted in a way he/she doesn't like. But one thing I like about people is been objective. I love her more now that she confirmed it but there are exceptions according to her. At least according to her, what d OP posted is 85% true.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
tamquezee:

Guy wait wait wait, I know every guy or lady wants to defend his or her place of origin or tribe if painted in a way he/she doesn't like. But one thing I like about people is been objective. I love her more now that she confirmed it but there are exceptions according to her. At least according to her, what d OP posted is 85% true.

grin shocked grin

Your gf I'm sure does not know the route to the land of her nativity. Ask her if she has ever visited her village before? She only confirmed what the op posted on the ground of popular opinion & her shear ignorance.

Some of the things the OP said like mass exodus of many Edo people to Europe is true. It is not true that EVERY family in Benin city has a relative in Europe. Common sense should inform you that such statement is unrealistic. Many families do but, certainly not every family.

As for the issue of prostitution, those who have visited the red light districts in Benin city know very well that, the non indigenes especially the Ibos are the ones engaged in it.

As for Edolites in Europe, I can't hold brief for them. Cos that is no man's land and survival in such terrain is hard, therefore many may prostitute likewise those from other tribes in Nigeria & even Africa.

And then, NwaAmaikpe's mockery of the Oba of benin is a sacrilege. The Oba is revered and not worshipped. I bet your gf does not even know where the palace of the Oba of Benin is located.

Again, that nitwit NwaAmaikpe said every house painted white and blue belongs to Igbinedion. And your gf also agreed to that? Again common sense should tell u its a lie.

Moreso, Witchcraft and cultism is everywhere even in the developed nations of the earth. Popular view of folks concerning it as it relates to Edo state is very much overhyped. Ask Kogi people how far when it comes to witchcraft.

Finally, stick to your gf is you love her cos Edo gals are loving & caring. I'm sure u can attest to that. Intelligence is not one of their strength tho just as being exhibited by your gf.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by tamquezee(m): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
innosaint27:

grin shocked grin

Your gf I'm sure does not know the route to the land of her nativity. Ask her if she has ever visited her village before? She only confirmed what the op posted on the ground of popular opinion & her shear ignorance.

Some of the things the OP said like mass exodus of many Edo people to Europe is true. It is not true that EVERY family in Benin city has a relative in Europe. Common sense should inform you that such statement is unrealistic. Many families do but, certainly not every family.

As for the issue of prostitution, those who have visited the red light districts in Benin city know very well that, the non indigenes especially the Ibos are the ones engaged in it.

As for Edolites in Europe, I can't hold brief for them. Cos that is no man's land and survival in such terrain is hard, therefore many may prostitute likewise those from other tribes in Nigeria & even Africa.

And then, NwaAmaikpe's mockery of the Oba of benin is a sacrilege. The Oba is revered and not worshipped. I bet your gf does not even know where the palace of the Oba of Benin is located.

Again, that nitwit NwaAmaikpe said every house painted white and blue belongs to Igbinedion. And your gf also agreed to that? Again common sense should tell u its a lie.

Moreso, Witchcraft and cultism is everywhere even in the developed nations of the earth. Popular view of folks concerning it as it relates to Edo state is very much overhyped. Ask Kogi people how far when it comes to witchcraft.

Finally, stick to your gf is you love her cos Edo gals are loving & caring. I'm sure u can attest to that. Intelligence is not one of their strength tho just as being exhibited by your gf.

I can notice that u are trying very hard to correct an erroneous impression about your people and I think you are trying but my problem here is your grudge u still have against the OP. Don't ask me why because your diction tells me. Is OK bro one love

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by OgaBuhari: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
NavyBlue:

Bro, it's Esan not Ishan
tah commot there it's like saying Benin as a city and Bini as a tribe, same conception applies to Esan and Ishan.
:
it shows u know nothing about us
u just sit in ur room and type trash, i'm sure u've never visited Edo state, u just talk because others are talking and generalize based on what u've heard.]

I'm a Student of Uniben so I've gallivanted, perambulated and peregrinated the whole of Edo state so I'm quite certain of what I'm saying.
:
And dude, there are witches everywhere, even in ur hometown.
sharap I know you're one of the edo witch. But that doesn't mean I'll be scared of you. I'll sprinkle my compound with anointing oil so if you dare visit me this night you'll die by fire.
I rebuke you.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Evidenx(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2017
OgaBuhari:
wow best comment on this thread. God bless you bro
Amen thank you brother. Bless you too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo' Wife Reveal The Mischief She Got Up To When She Was Still Single / 5 Stylish Under-50 Nigerian Kings & Their Beautiful Wives / Ghanaian Stunt Man Rises After An Epic Shameful Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.