Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

How I Was Defrauded In This Recession - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Defrauded In This Recession (560 Views)

Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning / A Friend Was Defrauded All Her Two Years Saving Using Her ATM. / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Defrauded In This Recession by mikotek(m): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
I have finally come to terms with the fact that I was actually defrauded at the most pressing moment in my life.
I live in Abuja, along Kubwa axis. Couple of weeks ago, my wife delivered a bouncing baby girl - our first - through C - section. It was a thing of joy. But the money I had with me wasn't enough to offset the medical bills.
I'm not the type that bother people with my problems, but at this point, I was forced to swallow my pride. So I made efforts to raise money so I can take my wife and baby home.
A good friend of mine who lives in Gwarinpa offered to assist me with 30k. He asked me to come very early as he will leave early for work. That fateful day, I was in his house as early as possible. Thankfully, he didn't disappoint. I was so, so happy.
On my way back, along the expressway, I stopped a carb, a ash colored Nissan Almera. There were 3 men at the back seat, 1 person in the front seat, plus the driver. I innocently entered the vehicle not knowing that danger was looming.
As I just entered the vehicle, the man that sat close to me started complaining that the car is too tight for 4 of us, he was raising his body and legs, that it's too tight for him to seat. The driver begged me to come to the front, that the other man in front will drop at the next junction. On getting to the front, the driver was complaining that the other man was seating on his gear selector, and as such would not be able to select the gear. The man at the back seat was pretending to be helping us close the front door, but the door refused to close . The driver then asked me to go down because other passengers were complaining that he was wasting their time.
As I just stepped my foot on the ground, the driver zoomed with the speed of light. I checked my pocket, the money was gone! In my whole life, I've never been so shocked, to the point that I became dumb.
The money in question is not big in a normal day, but given the situation I'm in right now, its like I've lost billions. It's really painful. Every day, I keep thinking about what I should have done better.
Hope sharing this experience will help someone avoid falling Into the hands of these evil and accursed men.
Re: How I Was Defrauded In This Recession by Jostico: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
so how's your wife and the new child? hope they're ok

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded In This Recession by fummylolah: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
So sad.. sorry for the lose.. God would replenish it hundred fold. Surely they would not go unpunished.. How is your wife and the New bundle of joy doing?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded In This Recession by mikotek(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
They are doing well by the grace of God
Re: How I Was Defrauded In This Recession by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
sorry about your experience

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded In This Recession by NicestDude: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
That experience is not good at all, just like how I lost my s6 but it wasn't in a bus, they escaped on a bike, it is painful at first but then you get over it and watch your back at all times.. Now, I look at the kind of clothes I wear b4 going out, avoid contacts, don't look anybody in the eye, avoid those you don't know trying to start a conversation, just ignore and keep moving. .. Be alert guys!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack EFCC Office In Abuja, Drops Death Threat For Officials / Gulder Ultimate Search 2006 Season 3 Winner Hector Joberteh, Shot Dead In Lagos / How I Murdered My Newly Born Baby For Money Ritual - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.