Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught (6241 Views)

Some Of The Dumbest Criminals Ever. / Criminals Who Monitor Bank Customers And Rob Them Afterwards Arrested In Ogun / Brazil’s Female Criminals Hold Beauty Pageant (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Oblitz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
this is really funny
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by benswagtt(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
mulante:

They would have no case against him. Only intent cannot amount to a crime.
guilty mind is an element of offence... "attempted theft"
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 31, 2017
benswagtt:
guilty mind is an element of offence... "attempted theft"

An element that requires another element (action) to crystallize into a fact. You cannot arrest someone for attempted theft just because he walks into a bank and says "Chei, I would like to steal all these money"
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by benswagtt(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
mulante:

An element that requires another element (action) to crystallize into a fact. You cannot arrest someone for attempted theft just because he walks into a bank and says "Chei, I would like to steal all these money"
U think so? as soon as voice it out, it bcoms an offence... U just made an attempt verbally by voicing your intentions out... The same way Mr A will tell Mr B that he plans on killing Mr C.. Mr D on the other part reports 2 the police and Mr A gets arrested and charged for "attempted murder" and Mr B also gets arrested and probably charged for "conspiracy"... Mr A didn't commit the offense but he had guilty mind (mens rea)...
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by benswagtt(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
mulante:

U think so? as soon as u voice it out, it bcoms an offence... U just made an attempt verbally by voicing your intentions out... The same way Mr A will tell Mr B that he plans on killing Mr C.. Mr D on the other part reports 2 the police and Mr A gets arrested and charged for "attempted murder" and Mr B also gets arrested and probably charged for "conspiracy"... Mr A didn't commit the offense but he had guilty mind (mens rea)...
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2017
benswagtt:
U think so? as soon as voice it out, it bcoms an offence... U just made an attempt verbally by voicing your intentions out... The same way Mr A will tell Mr B that he plans on killing Mr C.. Mr D on the other part reports 2 the police and Mr A gets arrested and charged for "attempted murder" and Mr B also gets arrested and probably charged for "conspiracy"... Mr A didn't commit the offense but he had guilty mind (mens rea)...

All crimes require "Mens rea" and "Actus rea" except for strict liability of fences. You can wish all you want, say all you want, it doesn't become crime unless you act on your intentions.

The scenario you presented would work only for the Nigeria Police. Those nitwit don't know your right from their left.

If you doubt me, I'll come to your house tonight and kill you after first killing the President. I suggest you better report me or you'll be an accomplice to your own "murder".
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by benswagtt(m): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
mulante:

All crimes require "Mens rea" and "Actus rea" except for strict liability of fences. You can wish all you want, say all you want, it doesn't become crime unless you act on your intentions.

The scenario you presented would work only for the Nigeria Police. Those nitwit don't know your right from their left.

If you doubt me, I'll come to your house tonight and kill you after first killing the President. I suggest you better report me or you'll be an accomplice to your own "murder".
Bro, talking about the police.. Threats on committing an offence shouldn't be taken likely... Do u think statements like "am going to kill u" is not an offence? Mind u, American Policemen would do this same...
Back 2 the matter... what do u call conspiracy?
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2017
benswagtt:
Bro, talking about the police.. Threats on committing an offence shouldn't be taken likely... Do u think statements like "am going to kill u" is not an offence? Mind u, American Policemen would do this same...
Back 2 the matter... what do u call conspiracy?

Conspiracy: " to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act".

Note the last word in the definition. That is the basis of all crimes/criminal actions.

I agree with you that certain threats shouldn't be taken lightly but this depends on the nature of the aggressor. How many times have you heard this saying "I'll break your head o"? How many times have you reported to the police? Does that make the statement necessarily ominous?
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by benswagtt(m): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2017
mulante:

Conspiracy: " to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act".

Note the last word in the definition. That is the basis of all crimes/criminal actions.

I agree with you that certain threats shouldn't be taken lightly but this depends on the nature of the aggressor. How many times have you heard this saying "I'll break your head o"? How many times have you reported to the police? Does that make the statement necessarily ominous?
Without carrying out that act... A. person can be arrested and persecuted for conspiracy which happens 2 be mens rea.. I agree with you with that example... But If I actually perceive that threat even as simple or casual (as it may seem) as a threat 2 my life. By law standard, I can still make arrest and take the the matter 2 court... I know of a woman who was imprisoned for 3months just bcoz she said... "you will see what I will do to you" When the case started it looked funny but at a long run the accused lost the case and was jailed..
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
benswagtt:
Without carrying out that act... A. person can be arrested and persecuted for conspiracy which happens 2 be mens rea.. I agree with you with that example... But If I actually perceive that threat even as simple or casual (as it may seem) as a threat 2 my life. By law standard, I can still make arrest and take the the matter 2 court... I know of a woman who was imprisoned for 3months just bcoz she said... "you will see what I will do to you" When the case started it looked funny but at a long run the accused lost the case and was jailed..

The act of agreement is the Actus rea for conspiracy. Conspiracy is a distinct crime on it's own complete with both intention and action. This is why people get prosecuted for conspiracy.

Now about the case of the woman, I'm fairly certain you didn't sit through the court proceedings to clearly understand the case against her. You must have heard a very distorted version of what her offence really was. Either that or I most humbly state that the court turned justice on it's head. I hope it wasn't from Nollywood you saw this.

Anyway, if you are not convinced by my above submissions. Then it'll be best we just agree to disagree, knowing that one of us is right and the other wrong.

What sayest thou, hombre?
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by benswagtt(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2017
mulante:

The act of agreement is the Actus rea for conspiracy. Conspiracy is a distinct crime on it's own complete with both intention and action. This is why people get prosecuted for conspiracy.

Now about the case of the woman, I'm fairly certain you didn't sit through the court proceedings to clearly understand the case against her. You must have heard a very distorted version of what her offence really was. Either that or I most humbly state that the court turned justice on it's head. I hope it wasn't from Nollywood you saw this.

Anyway, if you are not convinced by my above submissions. Then it'll be best we just agree to disagree, knowing that one of us is right and the other wrong.

What sayest thou, hombre?
Lolzzzzzzzzz, the woman happened 2 be a close friend mother... She said those words out of anger she never intended 2 do anything afterwards.. twas just a careless speech... What about someone who wrote his intentions of killing someone to his friend via letter. (Mind u sir, the friend isn't a party to the offense) along the line, the letter got intercepted by LAW enforcement officers, don't u think its enough to arrest and charge the intended offender to court? if yes, the offender hasn't done any act to be arrested, he just wrote a letter... If no, then u're indirectly saying that someone must carry out an act b4 an offence can be constituted... Am of the view that when a person air his intentions (mens rea) on another person, it automatically becomes an offence... U made a statement about the Nigeria Police being ignorant of the law... Sir, one of the duties of the police is to prevent the commission of crime. So, u as a police officer won't wait until when Mr A tries to kill Mr B b4 u act when u have evidence that Mr A have the intentions of killing Mr B Not just the Nigerian Police practice this it's a universal duty for police officers world wide... Thank you...
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
enjoy sex videos at www.gistclinic.cf
Re: The Dumbest Criminals Ever Caught by Thazard(m): 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
HajimeSaito:

The Smoking Gun Presents The World's Dumbest Criminals

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dog Cuts Owners's Neck In India (graphics) / See The Beautiful Girl That Yahoo Boys Wanted To Use As Sacrifice [photos] / Kuda Is Setting Me Up, I Need Help. Picture Evidence Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.